Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,938 members, 7,835,126 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:16 AM

Why Do Couples Who Haven't Given Birth For Years Finally Gives Birth To Twins? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Couples Who Haven't Given Birth For Years Finally Gives Birth To Twins? (2254 Views)

Abia Couple Who Had Three Stillbirths In 5 Years Finally Welcomes Baby [pix] / Why Do Couples Who Claim To Be In Love Engage In Physical Fight? / Mother Snatches Her Daughter's Husband, Then Gives Birth For Him In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Couples Who Haven't Given Birth For Years Finally Gives Birth To Twins? by CountVersailles(f): 3:18pm On Aug 01, 2022
Acidosis:

How in heaven's name do I know whether you're a healthcare provider? Pleaseeee, I've been in the midst of healthcare providers and I can say the majority of them don't reason like you, the everly jealous self-glorifying b*tch with a dark heart.

Again, your airheadedness is glowing like a firefly in the dark, lmao. It's glowing so brightly it can light the whole Nigeria for a thousand years. Haba! Airhead dey shine o grin

Kneel down indeed grin You know, people like you are the reasons I'm still on this forum. I fear that the future generation may grow up to digest the lies that now appear as the mainstay. Unlike you, I don't care what anyone chooses to appreciate. It doesn't trigger or ignite anger or severe pain in me. It just feels good to know that a family is now happy and blessed. And that's a enough for me, an outsider.
Please stay on on the forum. People like me will make life unbearable for airheads like you. Future generations need to see how retar.ded and stupid a knocked-knee airhead like you can be. Your lack of spirit is clearly evident in your writing. I dey for you. Please bring it on grin

Your idle self doesn't even know that rewards and appreciation do come in monetary or financial terms. Look, when your boss decides to pay you at the end of the month, he has simply done his "thank you" monetarily for the services offered. When you pay your "gate man" for mounting the gate post throughout the month, you have done a bit of your appreciation and "thank you."
How exactly is this relevant? Musings of a re.tard? grin Na so e dey start, keep at it and soon enough you'll be a regular customer at Yaba left.

It's funny how you refer to advanced countries yet your nosy and busybody self can't do what people do in those countries - respecting the wish and privacy concerns of others. In few paragraphs, you've showcased an unprecedented level of ignorance. I pity your tomorrow.
If you know any little bit about what goes on there, you'll know they don't attribute the success of IVF to "God suddenly visiting somebody". But I guess you don't know. Years of living in the most backward village in Nigerian shanties has done extreme damage to your cerebral cortex. Eyah! Sorry o. You'll be fine last last, right after you get admitted for the mental evaluation you urgently need. Please hurry, so you can minimize your online demonstrations of epilepsy cheesy
Re: Why Do Couples Who Haven't Given Birth For Years Finally Gives Birth To Twins? by Acidosis(m): 4:04pm On Aug 01, 2022
ImaIma1:

These are the kind of people that make women who go through CS feel like the other mums who pushed. Some people with their crude mentality is painful to see.

I totally understand and support those who choose to hide such information from the public. In Nigeria, people can hate you for simply breathing cheesy They're that crude and wicked.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Couples Who Haven't Given Birth For Years Finally Gives Birth To Twins? by Acidosis(m): 4:06pm On Aug 01, 2022
CountVersailles:

Are you not tired of typing nonsense?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Couples Who Haven't Given Birth For Years Finally Gives Birth To Twins? by ImaIma1(f): 4:08pm On Aug 01, 2022
CountVersailles:

Stop dozing off, madam. In an accident where all people died except one person, the driver may have been reckless or the car in bad shape. There are logical explanations for that.

With the right doctors and right equipment, the chances of IVF success is very high, even if it means using surrogate. It's not a miracle. It's pure and plain science. It is compulsory to state that it is IVF, else it's just misrepresentation or disingenuity, as the timely post on the front page shows. Below is the quote from the relation who wants us to believe it's suddenly a miracle that a 60-year-old woman has delivered triplets. According to him, "God visited her..." Haba! Let's be honest in our dealings. How is that not even criminal to say? Or how is that not gross misinformation.

Honestly I no get your time again. You can say and believe whatever you want. People like you are notoriously difficult to have a rational argument with. I'm out!

It's obvious that you are an atheist. So there's no need continuing this conversation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Couples Who Haven't Given Birth For Years Finally Gives Birth To Twins? by CountVersailles(f): 4:12pm On Aug 01, 2022
Acidosis:

Are you not tired of typing nonsense?
Are you not tired of retar.ded reasoning?
Re: Why Do Couples Who Haven't Given Birth For Years Finally Gives Birth To Twins? by Nobody: 4:20pm On Aug 01, 2022
NeckingNgulping:

Why didn't god give them the child without ivf if he was so powerful?

Maybe we should also ask why God didn't give us paracetamols if he was so powerful too. I mean, there should be a raw leaf we just eat immediately we have headaches. Being an atheist doesn't mean you invalidate other people's belief. It's okay not to understand why they are thanking God, but let those who say they want to thank God do their thing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Couples Who Haven't Given Birth For Years Finally Gives Birth To Twins? by Nobody: 4:23pm On Aug 01, 2022
CountVersailles:

Are you not tired of retar.ded reasoning?

You don't have to believe in God or a higher power to allow others follow their belief. You can allow others do their thing & you also stick with your own belief system as well. We can both co-exist, It's totally fine if you don't understand why someone is thanking God, but just leave them to their thing & you do yours.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Couples Who Haven't Given Birth For Years Finally Gives Birth To Twins? by Nobody: 4:33pm On Aug 01, 2022
ImaIma1:

Lol

Some lowkey atheists trying to glorify IVF like it is not another medical procedure.

Yeah, I think this problem stems from the fact that most atheists were formerly christians, so their anger is most times geared towards the christian God or Faith. Most atheist I have spoken to actually had christian parents or grandparents. I have never seen an atheist getting angry over a post by a Muslim, an Hindu, a traditionalist or any other religion for thanking God. It is always christians getting the short hand of the stick.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Couples Who Haven't Given Birth For Years Finally Gives Birth To Twins? by descarado: 4:43pm On Aug 01, 2022
I remembered Celine Dion.
When she was trying, all the failed ivf, she told the world.
She revealed it to give people hope.
Believe me, people have heard of ivf but don't know the right steps to take.
Unless you talk, then people will discuss it.
I will even tell you the hospital and Dr. When many people open up, the stereotype and fake miracle babies will cease. More fertility hospitals will spring up. We lie to ourselves a lot.

Ini Edo is another example. Now, many know ladies can freeze eggs.
The worst insult that will enter your body is the insult of childlessness not how you get the child.
My cousin's wife was eyeing male child.
When she used ovulation monitor, she got one and spread the news to every ear. Told people she know who have the same problem.
She got to know about this from a Dutch lady.
We hide so much in this part of the world

1 Like

Re: Why Do Couples Who Haven't Given Birth For Years Finally Gives Birth To Twins? by descarado: 4:53pm On Aug 01, 2022
Acidosis:

I totally understand and support those who choose to hide such information from the public. In Nigeria, people can hate you for simply breathing cheesy They're that crude and wicked.
Thank you!
People can talk down on you for being childless.
What more?
If you can take that, is it this good news you won't take with pride?
Baby factories will cease.
Childlessness will reduce.
Let's help ourselves.
Nigerians are the type that will get something and if you ask how so you will do same, he will tell you na God o. He will not show you the way else you get it.
We take vital info to the grave.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Couples Who Haven't Given Birth For Years Finally Gives Birth To Twins? by Acidosis(m): 5:22pm On Aug 01, 2022
descarado:

Thank you!
What more?
Let's help ourselves.
Nigerians are the type that will get something and if you ask how so you will do same, he will tell you na God o. He will not show you the way else you get it.

There is no all-encompassing solution to childlessness and the fact that IVF worked for someone doesn't mean that it will work for everyone else. Those who need solid information on fertility can visit a fertility clinic, reach out to couples who have walked that path, or read up stuff online (all free).

Nobody is responsible for another man's ignorance in this age, bro. Some people paid millions of Naira to get same information.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Couples Who Haven't Given Birth For Years Finally Gives Birth To Twins? by CountVersailles(f): 5:43pm On Aug 01, 2022
descarado:
I remembered Celine Dion.
When she was trying, all the failed ivf, she told the world.
She revealed it to give people hope.
Believe me, people have heard of ivf but don't know the right steps to take.
Unless you talk, then people will discuss it.
I will even tell you the hospital and Dr. When many people open up, the stereotype and fake miracle babies will cease. More fertility hospitals will spring up. We lie to ourselves a lot.

Ini Edo is another example. Now, many know ladies can freeze eggs.
The worst insult that will enter your body is the insult of childlessness not how you get the child.
My cousin's wife was eyeing male child.
When she used ovulation monitor, she got one and spread the news to every ear. Told people she know who have the same problem.
She got to know about this from a Dutch lady.
We hide so much in this part of the world

Thank you so much for this comment. Unfortunately, many Nigerians still suffer from intense ignorance that makes them feel sharing their problems and its solution with the world is an abomination. And they have supposedly educated keyboard warriors who enable them along the way. Those are the even more ignorant ones who think because they can type in English they are suddenly smart.

All we are saying is to tell the truth and not shroud it in "God finally answered after years of waiting on him...". The truth helps others to make better decisions. But of course, tell them and they'll never hear.

I had a patient once who fell for cryptic pregnancy scam, whereby she was injected with progesterone to simulate pregnancy. At the end of nine months the actual baby came from a baby factory. She had no idea until she had to travel to the UK and a dna test revealed the couple were not the actual parent. Turns out this scam runs deep in Nigeria and are usually run by churches. People believing that by some miracle a baby just appears after several months like with Hannah. Isn't this madness? Should education and the truth not be more circulated so that many more can profit from the right judgment of others?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Couples Who Haven't Given Birth For Years Finally Gives Birth To Twins? by CountVersailles(f): 5:49pm On Aug 01, 2022
truthsayer009:

You don't have to believe in God or a higher power to allow others follow their belief. You can allow others do their thing & you also stick with your own belief system as well. We can both co-exist, It's totally fine if you don't understand why someone is thanking God, but just leave them to their thing & you do yours.
This has nothing to with God or a higher power. That's not the point. The point is to push that the truth be told in every case. If it is an IVF procedure, please let more people know, so that another 60-year-old woman trying for a baby can take that route. By not doing that, you are persisting ignorance among the population. It is not uncommon to hear those who have been ignorantly educated on the topic to go about telling their friends that a 60-year-old woman gave birth and it's a miracle, when it's clearly not a miracle, but simply a procedure another 60-year-old woman could go through and be successful at. Please let's be guided and not let ignorance persist among the Nigerian population.
Re: Why Do Couples Who Haven't Given Birth For Years Finally Gives Birth To Twins? by Nobody: 5:57pm On Aug 01, 2022
CountVersailles:

This has nothing to with God or a higher power. That's not the point. The point is to push that the truth be told in every case. If it is an IVF procedure, please let more people know, so that another 60-year-old woman trying for a baby can take that route. By not doing that, you are persisting ignorance among the population. It is not uncommon to hear those who have been ignorantly educated on the topic to go about telling their friends that a 60-year-old woman gave birth and it's a miracle, when it's clearly not a miracle, but simply a procedure another 60-year-old woman could go through and be successful at. Please let's be guided and not let ignorance persist among the Nigerian population.

Alright. So In conclusion, you want people to include in their announcement that it was IVF procedure they did & not a miracle baby. So the listeners can opt for IVF instead of praying & waiting for a miracle. I get your point now.

The thing with IVF is that, It may work & may not work too. It still requires a bit of luck, favor, multiple trials and failures etc. But your own point is that the information should not be hidden in the thanksgiving announcement, alright cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Do Couples Who Haven't Given Birth For Years Finally Gives Birth To Twins? by Karleb(m): 7:18pm On Aug 01, 2022
Because they do IVF.

Or they take pills that boost their fertility, it's like adding fertilizer to a plant. When it grows, it grows more than normal.
Re: Why Do Couples Who Haven't Given Birth For Years Finally Gives Birth To Twins? by Magnoliaa(f): 7:29pm On Aug 01, 2022
Smh. How did y'all manage to turn something that would have made a sweet argument into personal attacks? Ehn? All of these are not really necesstri o. angry And everybody actually has a point. It could have been a topic where everyone contributed a perspective to, instead of the this or that/here or there/divisive all or nothing it's being turned into.

Oh well.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Couples Who Haven't Given Birth For Years Finally Gives Birth To Twins? by Magnoliaa(f): 7:37pm On Aug 01, 2022
descarado:
Thank you!
What more?
Let's help ourselves.

This. I mean, being childless is not a hidden fact, so why hide that you did IVF? Fine, I understand it's their choice, but the rationale still doesn't make sense to me.

It's just like someone who had an accident or a disease of the leg and the leg now needed to be amputated. And for many years, the person could not walk. Everybody knows they are "one legge." (Anyone who thinks this is a mocking statement, na you know).

So you now got an artificial leg, and you're saying you miraculously regenerated a limb abi you now start feeling ashamed over the metal extension on your thigh? You have always been at a spot for many years, but you're ashamed to tell or let people see your artificial leg??

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Couples Who Haven't Given Birth For Years Finally Gives Birth To Twins? by Kobojunkie: 7:48pm On Aug 01, 2022
Magnoliaa:
This. I mean, being childless is not a hidden fact, so why hide that you did IVF? Fine, I understand it's their choice, but the rationale still doesn't make sense to me.

It's just like someone who had an accident or a disease of the leg and the leg now needed to be amputated. And for many years, the person could not walk. Everybody knows they are "one legge."

So you now got an artificial leg, and you're saying you miraculously regenerated a limb abi you now start feeling ashamed over the metal extension on your thigh? You have always been at a spot for many years, but you're ashamed to tell or let people see your artificial leg??
It can't make sense to hide what is obvious! undecided
Re: Why Do Couples Who Haven't Given Birth For Years Finally Gives Birth To Twins? by Kobojunkie: 7:50pm On Aug 01, 2022
Mkelv0106:

Given thanks to God for having given birth via IVF, isn't a bad thing. Do you know how expensive IVF is, and many trials it takes for it to be successful for some, the emotional stress and all. It's not easy.
God wants your honesty more than He wants your thanks. He warned of what is hypocrisy, didn't he? undecided
Re: Why Do Couples Who Haven't Given Birth For Years Finally Gives Birth To Twins? by Kobojunkie: 7:52pm On Aug 01, 2022
NoToPile:
Thank you.
I am always amazed when people just say it's IVF as if IVF itself is a walk in the park, they don't know that it takes a miracle for any trial to be successful, maybe they think it's just about the money.
Those that are going to church for thanksgiving know why they are doing so.
Some tried so many times before it clicked.
Nothing in this life is a walk in the park. You can give thanks to God for the wig you wear but be honest enough to admit it is a wig since God values your honesty(obedience) more than anything else. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Couples Who Haven't Given Birth For Years Finally Gives Birth To Twins? by Magnoliaa(f): 7:57pm On Aug 01, 2022
Kobojunkie:

It can't make sense to hide what is obvious!
undecided

I don't understand at all.

It's in the same league of people who hit it big or become successful and they're being interviewed and they are saying it's God.

Is the point not to demystify fertility issues and to make it more socially acceptable?

Same as condoms, contraceptives, sex education... how do people get cured of their bias if we are still pushing an "hush hush" perspective about these things? Having a C-section too.

What we should rather be doing is either schooling genuinely ignorant people or shutting up the vile creatures who intend to taunt a woman with the fact that she did IVF. The new mother should not be the one hiding her truth and struggles and reality.

The truth should be the point being spread, one person at a time.

Be spiritual, and yet realistic. It's possible. I very well know God is in support of that balance, and I wish we'd disassociate shame from a LOT of things. Especially in this part of the world.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Couples Who Haven't Given Birth For Years Finally Gives Birth To Twins? by Magnoliaa(f): 8:31pm On Aug 01, 2022
Acidosis:
Una intention no pass how to make people feel less about themselves. Same thing you wicked Nigerians with dark souls do to genuinely wealthy people when you attribute their money to rituals, corruption, fraud, etc.

You don't see the irony here, lol? grin grin No. Attributing sucess to money rituals is the other side of the coin of attributing the sucess of a fertility process to supernatural means. Same thing.

The person you are arguing with would rather attribute results to very natural, explainable ways, sir.

Do you not even think the "grace" and "God selected me" perspective will be the ones to drive people into feeling less of themselves? If successful people attribute their positive results to God, then the unsuccessful ones that are unable to get pregnant and don't know how to, God must really hate them then?

I mean, it's God. He gave Mama Nkechi triplets at 74 years of age. Me, Deaconess Amah, at 82 years is still childless... God gives to who he will. Meanwhile, na IVF run am.

Look, I know people are free to share what they like to, but I am simply addressing your point that people like us asking questions are the "evil minded ones."

It is SECRECY (or call it privacy) that is a surebanger way of actually getting people to having wild ideas and thinking a previously barren couple went to prophets and riverheads just to have kids.

At least, Coco acknowledged that it is NOT EVERYONE that is coming from a bad place. That's the point here. Me, and that other person, and a few others on this thread do not represent the group of people who want to be entertained by the intimate details of people's sex lives in a creepy way.

Are Nigerians "bad-minded?" Yes!
Should natural scientific processes be talked about? Yes!

I don't consider those two things as being mutually exclusive.

And we're definitely not saying you should not do thanksgiving or oro idile, too. It's nuance. Just that people should not be disingenuous with these things and their testimonies. Thank God you mentioned the word "genuine." Ehen. That gangangan is what we're on about.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Couples Who Haven't Given Birth For Years Finally Gives Birth To Twins? by BrokenEggShell: 8:43pm On Aug 01, 2022
Lamom:
Hello peers

I have been observing this trend now and it has seen that it is a natural phenomena. Most couples whom i have seen online or heard offline after trying to give birth for years without getting one now gives birth to twins, Triplet and co . Is it that if they dont give birth,the woman's womb will keep holding on the eggs till years then release it when it meets a sperm?

Please is it a medical condition or natural?

I don't know, but it might just be a kind of information bias on your part.
Maybe you only remember the cases of infertile couples giving birth to twins because it is so remarkable, so you overestimate the actual amount of cases of that happening. Maybe you're mistaking several retellings of the same story as distinct, individual cases. Only way to be sure is to start recording it on paper.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Couples Who Haven't Given Birth For Years Finally Gives Birth To Twins? by Mkelv0106(m): 10:10pm On Aug 01, 2022
Kobojunkie:
God wants your honesty more than He wants your thanks. He warned of what is hypocrisy, didn't he? undecided
I understand bro. But where is the lie. Do you want them to start announcing that they conceived via IVF. Besides, it was conception, be it by artificial insemination or coupling. The fact remains, the woman still carried the pregnancy for 9 months, went into labour and delivered. Where is the hypocrisy in this?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Couples Who Haven't Given Birth For Years Finally Gives Birth To Twins? by Kobojunkie: 10:29pm On Aug 01, 2022
Mkelv0106:
I understand bro. But where is the lie. Do you want them to start announcing that they conceived via IVF. Besides, it was conception, be it by artificial insemination or coupling. The fact remains, the woman still carried the pregnancy for 9 months, went into labour and delivered. Where is the hypocrisy in this?
Miracles of science are that, miracles of science. Miracles of God, are miracles of God. undecided

Indeed, everything that is was created by God, and God powers it all by pouring out His mercies on mankind regularly - all glory already belongs to God whether men, in turn, praise God for it or not. So, when a miracle is born of science, let's not in our desperation to ascribe it to God(as if to suggest that God has a need for such things, to begin with) sin against God. It is hypocrisy to claim one believes in God yet deceive others -dishonesty - by omitting key information as to the true source of one's miracle in this. undecided

Much the same way you thank God for the wig on your head, acknowledging you bought it from the market, in the same way, you can also thank God for the child while acknowledging you got it via IVF(or other applicable means). undecided
Re: Why Do Couples Who Haven't Given Birth For Years Finally Gives Birth To Twins? by Mkelv0106(m): 10:38pm On Aug 01, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Miracles of science are that, miracles of science. Miracles of God, are miracles of God. undecided

Indeed, everything that is was created by God, and God powers it all by pouring out His mercies on mankind regularly - all glory already belongs to God whether men, in turn, praise God for it or not. So, when a miracle is born of science, let's not in our desperation to ascribe it to God(as if to suggest that God has a need for such things, to begin with) sin against God. It is hypocrisy to claim one believes in God yet deceive others -dishonesty - by omitting key information as to the true source of one's miracle in this. undecided
I still don't see how the person is been dishonest, you don't expect the mother to start sharing her IVF story the congregation. Many have done IVF and weren't success, some had miscarriage and other complications. So I don't see any deceit, there is so much science can do, some other people failed, where she succeed, and deciding to give God thanks, isn't deceit, it's appreciation. Some people buy cars and houses with I'll gotten wealth, but you still see dem dance to the church for thanks giving and call their clergymen to bless such properties for them without starting how they got it. That is hypocrisy, it doesn't apply to IVF cause the baby wasn't stolen or bought. And beside, God won't come down from heaven to perform them miracle, the Bible says, faith without work is dead, the IVF is the work the couple put in, and God did the rest

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Couples Who Haven't Given Birth For Years Finally Gives Birth To Twins? by Kobojunkie: 10:50pm On Aug 01, 2022
Mkelv0106:
1. I still don't see how the person is been dishonest, you don't expect the mother to start sharing her IVF story the congregation.
2. Many have done IVF and weren't success, some had miscarriage and other complications. So I don't see any deceit, there is so much science can do, some other people failed, where she succeed, and deciding to give God thanks, isn't deceit, it's appreciation.
3. Some people buy cars and houses with I'll gotten wealth, but you still see dem dance to the church for thanks giving and call their clergymen to bless such properties for them without starting how they got it. That is hypocrisy, it doesn't apply to IVF cause the baby wasn't stolen or bought.
4. And beside, God won't come down from heaven to perform them miracle, the Bible says, faith without work is dead, the IVF is the work the couple put in, and God did the rest
1. All she needs do, when she opens her mouth to share the details is simply mention it was via IVF. No epistle is necessary. If this is too much to mention, then why bother opening up at all about it? undecided

2. So what? That in no way changes the fact that it was IVF, a procedure that comes with a non-100% guarantee. So, if you had none of the issues, it is still IVF and if you had all issues and no successes, it is still IVF. undecided

3. Don't you see how those who hide the details of how they acquired their offspring are pretty much as crooked as those who purchase cars with ill-gotten money without indicating this when they dance and sing in your churches, deceiving all those who readily "tap" from their so-called blessings? undecided

4. God doesn't need to come down from Heaven to perform blessings. He sends His own who are already here out to do that work in His Name and He knows them and what they do. And He also knows what so-called miracles are not of Him aka done by those who do not belong to Him. undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Do Couples Who Haven't Given Birth For Years Finally Gives Birth To Twins? by ImaIma1(f): 11:43pm On Aug 01, 2022
truthsayer009:

Yeah, I think this problem stems from the fact that most atheists were formerly christians, so their anger is most times geared towards the christian God or Faith. Most atheist I have spoken to actually had christian parents or grandparents. I have never seen an atheist getting angry over a post by a Muslim, an Hindu, a traditionalist or any other religion for thanking God. It is always christians getting the short hand of the stick.

They are just aggrieved former Christians who always look for ways to discredit the Christian faith.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Couples Who Haven't Given Birth For Years Finally Gives Birth To Twins? by ImaIma1(f): 11:51pm On Aug 01, 2022
Acidosis:

There is no all-encompassing solution to childlessness and the fact that IVF worked for someone doesn't mean that it will work for everyone else. Those who need solid information on fertility can visit a fertility clinic, reach out to couples who have walked that path, or read up stuff online (all free).

Nobody is responsible for another man's ignorance in this age, bro. Some people paid millions of Naira to get same information.

Words on marble @ the bolded.

Let them sit and wait for someone giving a testimony to educate them on ways to conceive and have children.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Couples Who Haven't Given Birth For Years Finally Gives Birth To Twins? by Mkelv0106(m): 11:52pm On Aug 01, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. All she needs do, when she opens her mouth to share the details is simply mention it was via IVF. No epistle is necessary. If this is too much to mention, then why bother opening up at all about it? undecided

2. So what? That in no way changes the fact that it was IVF, a procedure that comes with a non-100% guarantee. So, if you had none of the issues, it is still IVF and if you had all issues and no successes, it is still IVF. undecided

3. Don't you see how those who hide the details of how they acquired their offspring are pretty much as crooked as those who purchase cars with ill-gotten money without indicating this when they dance and sing in your churches, deceiving all those who readily "tap" from their so-called blessings? undecided

4. God doesn't need to come down from Heaven to perform blessings. He sends His own who are already here out to do that work in His Name and He knows them and what they do. And He also knows what so-called miracles are not of Him aka done by those who do not belong to Him. undecided
All she did was testify about her delivery, she doesn't have to be specific about how she conceived the baby, IVF or whatever means. Mary the mother of Jesus conceived by divine intervention, neither she nor her Husband went about telling people how it happened.
My point is, there was no specificity required from her, on how she'll give her Thanksgiving, people buy babies, use surrogate and still dance to the altar, but hers came from her egg and probably her husband sperm, or her partner as d the case may be, the psychological and physical strength to go through the process and still come out of successful, irrespective of whether it's science or divine, is enough to give thanks. It's s not as if she was asked by the pastor, how she conceived and she blatantly lied, that wasn't the case, so I don't expect anybody that give birth by IVF to just come out and start telling everybody that their conception is via IVF . I still don't see the deceit.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Couples Who Haven't Given Birth For Years Finally Gives Birth To Twins? by Acidosis(m): 11:53pm On Aug 01, 2022
Magnoliaa:

You don't see the irony here, lol? grin grin No. Attributing sucess to money rituals is the other side of the coin of attributing the sucess of a fertility process to supernatural means. Same thing.

I don't see the irony. What I see is the usual nosy attitude of Nigerians who want to be in the business of others. The point is don't attribute anyone's success to anything they haven't mentioned personally, rituals or investments.

The person you are arguing with would rather attribute results to very natural, explainable ways, sir.

The person I quoted should face her life issues. She can channel that natural and explainable wisdom to solve her problems - I don't want to mention them but she knows.

Do you not even think the "grace" and "God selected me" perspective will be the ones to drive people into feeling less of themselves? If successful people attribute their positive results to God, then the unsuccessful ones that are unable to get pregnant and don't know how to, God must really hate them then?

I don't know where you guys got your information but I have heard several people come out to share their fertility (not necessarily IVF) journey. For those who do not want to share, their business!

For someone like me who knows tens of fertility drugs that can trigger a woman's hormones for multiple births, I would rather focus on the main issue (a couple's joy) and quit the assumptions.

I mean, it's God. He gave Mama Nkechi triplets at 74 years of age. Me, Deaconess Amah, at 82 years is still childless... God gives to who he will. Meanwhile, na IVF run am.

Fortunately, fertility problems are not solved by onlookers. Those who are in need of practicable solutions are out there trying different means, hospitals, doctors, herbs, drugs, etc. They are not waiting for a 72 year old mama Nkechi to attribute her testimony to God on Nairaland.

Look, I know people are free to share what they like to, but I am simply addressing your point that people like us asking questions are the "evil minded ones."

Do you mean people like the OP who concluded that IVF-related multiple births are not worthy of thanksgiving? Of course, people like that are the evil minded ones. Better to allow them wallow in their ignorance.

At least, Coco acknowledged that it is NOT EVERYONE that is coming from a bad place. That's the point here. Me, and that other person, and a few others on this thread do not represent the group of people who want to be entertained by the intimate details of people's sex lives in a creepy way.

You and those few others already know a thousand and one ways to solve fertility problems, so what else do you want to know? Why are you so interested in how new parents share their joy?

You lots seem to show more interest than the actual scientists who carried out the procedure. Why? LOL make una no dey "camouflage" una feelings. We are not babies. Talk to or against God directly if you have a problem with Him. Una just like to dey drag unnecessary issues.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Couples Who Haven't Given Birth For Years Finally Gives Birth To Twins? by Kobojunkie: 12:02am On Aug 02, 2022
Mkelv0106:
1. All she did was testify about her delivery, she doesn't have to be specific about how she conceived the baby, IVF or whatever means. .....

2. My point is, there was no specificity required from her, on how she'll give her Thanksgiving, people buy babies, use surrogate and still dance to the altar, but hers came from her egg and probably her husband sperm, or her partner as d the case may be, the psychological and physical strength to go through the process and still come out of successful, irrespective of whether it's science or divine, is enough to give thanks. It's s not as if she was asked by the pastor, how she conceived and she blatantly lied, that wasn't the case, so I don't expect anybody that give birth by IVF to just come out and start telling everybody that their conception is via IVF . I still don't see the deceit.
1. Do you know what the word "testify" means? It is not meant to be used when telling fables but when honestly giving an actual record of what in fact took place. Anything short of that is essentially bullsheet and meaningless as far as that is concerned. undecided

2. If the same woman was called before a judge to give her testimony, you bet she would mention that she had her baby via IVF, even without being cajoled by the judge to open up about it. Why then is it so hard to ask that the same woman mention in what you folks called an assembly before God that it was IVF? undecided

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

German Man Gives Birth To Baby Boy / Is It Wrong/right To Keep Secrets (opinion) / 11 Rules To Keep Men Of Nowadays.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.