Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,873 members, 7,813,977 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:11 PM

I Want To Divorce My Husband As Soon As Possible - Family (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Want To Divorce My Husband As Soon As Possible (79699 Views)

About To Divorce My Husband Who Sponsored Me In School. / Divorce: My Husband Wants To Kill Me With Too Much Sex, Woman Tells Court / Time To Divorce My Wife? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Divorce My Husband As Soon As Possible by EmahBoss(f): 12:09pm On Jul 31, 2022
H0711:
I got married two months ago. I am 7 months pregnant my husband didn't tell me he had a child from his previous relationship and the child has a disability celebral palsy. Her mother came to dropped her off in my house saying she has done enough and she's tired it is now hubby turn to take care of her.

The child can't do anything for herself she can't sit, talk, walk and she does toilet in her clothes. I can't do it anymore I love children because I have taken care of my own nieces and nephews before I would have taken care of her if she was normal but taking care of a child in this question is hard and if her own mother has had enough she abandoned her and why would I kill myself taking care of her in my condition.

I want to divorce and go back to my village I have told him i am leaving next month. He is pleading with me not to leave him that he will take the child somewhere else but the place is not free he has to be paying like 200k monthly for them to take care of the child and he doesn't even have that amount of money because he is not financial stable.

I will stick to my decision but I want to know what will other people do in my situation.

I just want to say I love you already. We need more women like you who knows what they can take and what they can't. Please leave! Find a job and take care of your baby. What nonsense. Don't let anyone guilt trip you into staying. If the mother can't , then who are you to do it? And the man lied about it from the start? Where do you stay ? Do you need someone to come help you pack your load?

7 Likes

Re: I Want To Divorce My Husband As Soon As Possible by eyinjuege: 12:10pm On Jul 31, 2022
generalwo:
......na u know.... All i know be say marriage these days no be for better for worst... Na for better only and this woman is a proof of that... I'm sure if the man was as wealthy as otedola... Who has a kid with almost same ailment, she won't leave him for anything.... But because the man no get money... All of a sudden... She can't mother a kid with a disorder..... Na all of una know... Make she dey go.... The man no go die... Neither will the kid..... The man will meet a better woman who will accept him and his kid... U wen get comprehending ability... Go use am boil beans

Otedola's son has autism and not cerebral palsy.
2 different things and different presentation.
The boy can walk, clean up after himself and still do a few things for himself.
Even if the boy couldn't do anything, they can always get professional help because they have money.
Money eases a lot of stress
This child sounds bedridden. She can't use her legs, hands, can't clean up after herself. Poos and wees on herself.
She needs to wear diapers/incontinence pads constantly. With no money, she will be using a cloth around her private area. The clothe will need to be changed and washed 3-5times a day. Even her normal clothes stained will need to be changed and washed several times a day
You have to wipe her after she poos on herself .
She has to be fed physically because she can't use her limbs properly. She may even have trouble with swallowing food and a choking risk
You have to change her sleeping position on the bed several times a day so she doesn't develop bed sores
You need someone physically strong and capable to do all these and more for this child
Infact, the child sounds like someone that needs at least 2 carers 24/7.
This OP is a heavily pregnant woman who can't do all this physical labour by herself with no help.
The parents of the child can't pay for help either.
OP can actually fall ill from all the labour involved and put her own pregnancy at risk

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Divorce My Husband As Soon As Possible by Blessed4sure: 12:10pm On Jul 31, 2022
I really feel sad, both for you, the child, and her mother.

All i can say is you should go back to your parents and pray for your own husband.

The man should take back his first wife so they can take care of the child together.

The woman probably dropped the child so she doesn't repel possible suitors from her, seeing the man had left her to marry you.
H0711:

My baby is perfectly fine. celebral palsy is not genetic or hereditary. Just because she gave birth to her with the condition it doesn't mean my baby should also carry the same condition God forbid bad things . Whether he have me back or not is not at problem at all . I prefer that he take the child mother back so they can raise their child together because to raise a child in that condition only a real mother can do it with so much love and care she didn't abandon her because she wanted to but it is due to lack of financially support.

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Divorce My Husband As Soon As Possible by Manpasman: 12:11pm On Jul 31, 2022
H0711:

Thank you . Right now he can't afford that 200k monthly , his younger sister has refused to come and help taking care of the child. Me too I can't kill myself in my condition and I will leave next month.
NO CONDITION IS PERMANENT ,YOU CAN GO BUT DONT REGRET
Re: I Want To Divorce My Husband As Soon As Possible by Briells: 12:11pm On Jul 31, 2022
I’ll advise you to employ a maid who’s job would be strictly to care for the child. Your husband should foot the bill, at least it is cheaper than the place your husband wants to send her to that would cost 200k, and you can keep an eye on them too. For the sake of your unborn child, forgive your husband okay. That woman brought that child with the intent of causing separation, if not, why didn’t she bring the child to him before you guys got married?
Re: I Want To Divorce My Husband As Soon As Possible by chival(f): 12:13pm On Jul 31, 2022
EgunMogaji2:
This pregnancy could have been terminated. I’m not sure why people purposefully bring handicapped children into this already cruel world.
Detection of fetal anomalies is still not regular practice in Nigeria. Most hospitals do not have the capacity to do it and where the tests are available, they are so hideously expensive that the average couple can't afford them.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Divorce My Husband As Soon As Possible by Femifasola: 12:14pm On Jul 31, 2022
Midas01:
Typical Nigerian man....no sense. Fish brain.
This is a disservice to the rest of us men supporting the OP, don't be little minded

1 Like

Re: I Want To Divorce My Husband As Soon As Possible by H0711(f): 12:14pm On Jul 31, 2022
Uniquekriss:
who is this wan sef, you brought your ass to public domain and asked for opinions which I'm giving you, moreover, did I ask you to take care of the child? I kept hammering that u tell him to take the child elsewhere while u stay with your man cos I'm not in support of divorce except when it involves domestic violence, I don't even blame you, he was never your husband, you were only cohabitating that's why you were seven months gone after 2months of marriage. I'm tryna help you and you're here talking nonsense. U can leave him and jump to another man and get pregnant, this time around what you'll discover about him after you're 8½ months pregnant would be worse. Mtcheeeew

No problem only God know the real truth if I was a bad wife or not , you can say whatever you like about me it is your opinion and you are entitled to it. Action speaks louder than words if you care enough come and take care of her

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Divorce My Husband As Soon As Possible by BananaPeel(m): 12:15pm On Jul 31, 2022
frozen70:

I understand what you are going through as a woman but taking such decisions is not the best for you at the moment

The child mother has tried and probably the man left the upkeep for her and married you, so since she lost the marriage, she has to return the child to disabilitize your marriage

Divorce is not even the best option

The best option is to take the child to a welfare center where the have the services the child needs or better still get an in-house Nanny to look after the child while he provides for the child care and pay the Nanny for her services

With the above, the child is not your business any more, nor your responsibilities and you still stay happily in your home

Worst case, he can take the child to his parents and they all will sort it out there in there family house

If you divorce him another woman will come in and oversea the suggestions I made mentioned above

Then you will be a single mum to be and you can still rock your life though

And to add, when she divorced him and gets tired of taking care of the baby, she drops it as the first woman did.
I wonder how this kind of people see marriage sef. They are a disgrace to marriage.

Re: I Want To Divorce My Husband As Soon As Possible by Ten06(m): 12:15pm On Jul 31, 2022
Nozino:

All your sisters and daughters will experience such marriages. So they too can persevere.

Your father is an idi*t to give birth to idi*t who can not think and very h*llow up and down

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Divorce My Husband As Soon As Possible by wired4comfort(f): 12:17pm On Jul 31, 2022
How the biological mother suddenly got tayad of Caring for her child after the father got married is what i don't understand.
Re: I Want To Divorce My Husband As Soon As Possible by Nozino: 12:18pm On Jul 31, 2022
Ten06:

I don't join issue with psychiatric patient

I stand by what I said, your daughters will experience similar problems. That preserve, they must persevere it.

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Divorce My Husband As Soon As Possible by eyinjuege: 12:19pm On Jul 31, 2022
advanceDNA:

The solution is that the wicked mother should come and carry her child....

U parted ways with a man

U still don't want another woman to enjoy him

shes mád

Stop it pls.
The child is also the man's child.
He should look after his disabled daughter himself.
Her mother has tried for 7 years straight with no support and help.
It's his turn to step up.
He shouldn't disappoint fatherhood.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Divorce My Husband As Soon As Possible by ezebunafo(m): 12:19pm On Jul 31, 2022
H0711:

Thank you . I am leaving next month
seems you have already made up your mind before bringing the issue here,you should have just do what you want to do instead of coming here to seek our advice.
Re: I Want To Divorce My Husband As Soon As Possible by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jul 31, 2022
Nozino:

Are you mad or just plain stupid? She has answered this question several times. Yes, she will take care of her child which is why she wants to exit the stage for the PARENTS of the child to do right by her. OP doesn’t know the child, she shouldn’t love her and she’s definitely not obligated to care for her .

From your choice of words it's pretty obvious you didn't get any love either. How can you identify the absence of what you never got growing up? You can't come to a public forum and insult people if you were not raised from a dysfunctional home.

You can't say you love a person if you are not willing to carry with them their cross. Is this too much for you to understand? Is this not what you all claim Christ did for you? Is this not the ultimate act of love? I pray you experience love someday soon. It's hard to find I know.
Re: I Want To Divorce My Husband As Soon As Possible by advanceDNA: 12:20pm On Jul 31, 2022
eyinjuege:

Stop it pls.
The child is also the man's child.
He should look after his disabled daughter himself.
Her mother has tried for 7 years straight with no support and help.
It's his turn to step up.
He shouldn't disappoint fatherhood.

Stop what...which mother abandons her child?? Sayimg she tired..knowing fullywell shey wont get the best care from a man
Re: I Want To Divorce My Husband As Soon As Possible by Nozino: 12:20pm On Jul 31, 2022
greatness77:
hahaha you can't kill yourself grin grin wife material

Maybe you should kee yourself. Husband material

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Divorce My Husband As Soon As Possible by Orgymy(m): 12:22pm On Jul 31, 2022
You may regret divorcing him at this stage of your life. There are other options you can explore. Give it a deep thought.
Re: I Want To Divorce My Husband As Soon As Possible by Femifasola: 12:22pm On Jul 31, 2022
generalwo:
If she was your child will you abandon her? Advise her dad to employ a maid to assist with taking care of the child.... Marriage is for better for worse..... You leaving him because of this defies everything a good marriage stands for.... He messed up not telling you about the child in the first place but i advise you forgive him..... Children are blessings.... No matter the disability or conditions they are in..... I didn't say it's easy but think twice before you leave..... Don't love for the good times only..... Unless you already have someone you're seeing and then you're using this as an excuse to japa.... Let me ask... What if it's your husband that had an accident and finds himself in such a condition... That's how u will leave him and go abi..... If na man dey do this one now... Them go begin shout men are scum follow everywhere... It is well Sha..... I have always said it that this generation knows nothing about true love... They love only for the good times... When the going gets tough..... They change without thinking twice
The child has a mother who dumped her.
Hello! You can get your sister to go help the special need child, thank you

1 Like

Re: I Want To Divorce My Husband As Soon As Possible by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jul 31, 2022
Lovelydaisies:

Oga, the birth mother of the child 'abandoned' the child. The OP herself has said if it were her child, she herself would take care of it. Abi you didn't see it? You didn't blame the birth mother, or the child's father for deceit but come around to blame the lady for wanting to leave?

You can't say you love a person if you are not willing to carry with them their cross. Is this too much for you to understand? Is this not what you all claim Christ did for you? Is this not the ultimate act of love? I pray you experience love someday soon. It's hard to find I know.

I am not blaming the Woman at all. Pray you don't realize when it's too late how some people are not interested, willing or ready to fight the battles of life with you especially those you thought would do anything for you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Divorce My Husband As Soon As Possible by H0711(f): 12:22pm On Jul 31, 2022
wired4comfort:
How the biological mother suddenly got tayad of Caring for her child after the father got married is what i don't understand.

You are also a woman you are saying this because you are not in her shoe trust me it is not easy . I have done it for a week and I gave up and what about her who has been doing it for 7 good years. I don't blame her they made her together so they should share her responsibility.

5 Likes

Re: I Want To Divorce My Husband As Soon As Possible by Femifasola: 12:24pm On Jul 31, 2022
Yeyeoldman:
It breaks my heart when I see people being fooled into believing they are loved unconditionally. People will conviniently walk away from you when the going gets tough.

I see everyone encouraging her to leave but no one is asking her the very important question; what would you have done if the child was yours? Why is nobody interested in the answer to that question? I have an idea, she will walk away. Stop excusing certain things in life.

Now my advice to men and women alike. Stop marrying people you don't know. A lot of people have a very low tolerance for stress and trials of life. Stop being stupid. Date people for as long as possible. Let life test you and your partner. Your relationship have to be proven beyond reasonable doubt to be able to stand the test of time.

There is no excuse for walking away from someone you love. A lot of Nigerians are just marrying and dating to survive. They don't know what love is. Only the luckiest of people ever experience true love. What if this man was in an accident or had a stroke? Is this how she will wake away too? This woman is lazy and obviously don't even know this man.

Nigerians forget about fine face, small waist, big bumbum and Big breast. These things don't matter in marriage. People only realize this when it's already too late.

Your write up is null and void. The child was dumped by the mother so she's not in the place to take of another woman's child.
Hello! If you so care lease your sister to go take care of the physically challenged child

5 Likes

Re: I Want To Divorce My Husband As Soon As Possible by H0711(f): 12:24pm On Jul 31, 2022
Orgymy:
You may regret divorcing him at this stage of your life. There are other options you can explore. Give it a deep thought.

There is nothing to regret. I will be happy if he take the child mother back so they can stay together and raise their child. Nobody will love and care for her more than her mother.

6 Likes

Re: I Want To Divorce My Husband As Soon As Possible by Nozino: 12:24pm On Jul 31, 2022
Yeyeoldman:

From your choice of words it's pretty obvious you didn't get any love either. How can you identify the absence of what you never got growing up? You can't come to a public forum and insult people if you were not raised from a dysfunctional home.

Carry the cross the owner rejected?? Wow!!! It’s how you people are not asking the husband to take care of his child!! It isn’t OP’s responsibility, the birth mother has tried. It is his turn. He should take care of his child.

Alternatively. Seeing as you’re such a good Christian with so much love to give, why don’t you adopt the child? No? Now get out.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Divorce My Husband As Soon As Possible by Emperor140: 12:25pm On Jul 31, 2022
[quote author=oazeez1991 post=115218664]It's obvious you've made up your mind already, and no amount of words could have you change your mind unless you choose to. Moreover, you are right to feel the way you are feeling right now. In fact, you are justify to feel that way. We are all human, blood runs in our vein. What your husband did by not getting you inform from the get go is a totally wrong. He wasn't been fair with his dealing with you from start. But trust me, he did what he did i.e. hiding such sensitive matter from you cos he was afraid to lose you. He felt for the one who birth the child in question to not want to take up responsibility of raising him/her, how would someone who wasn't a part of it accept to? I understand and could resonate with his (your husband) fear, but he was being insensitive about how he deals with it. He forget that no matter how far lie goes, truth would one day caught up with it. Maybe he doesn't want to get you involve with the child all along, hence, his reason for keeping it away from you, not knowing there is no escape route to such reality.

The child in question is just the victim here. He/she didn't ask to be birth, atleast not into a family that would abandon him/her, but life do happen.

How you get to be in such marriage before finding out about such revelation is a destiny you just have to accept.

Remember she has been impregnated 5months before the marriage. I guess the reason why she didn't go into proper and deep investigations about the man.
Re: I Want To Divorce My Husband As Soon As Possible by Femifasola: 12:25pm On Jul 31, 2022
Ugmama:
Nawao the woman that gave birth to such child and the man no try o.

It means the lady had infection during pregnancy, why would you not treat infection and lead to this kinda problem for yourself.

My dear daughter, please do what you feel is best for you.

Marriage built in deceit or lies is null and void
Not infection please. Google cerebral palsy the information is on the Internet, educate yourself properly. Thanks

1 Like

Re: I Want To Divorce My Husband As Soon As Possible by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jul 31, 2022
Nozino:
In fact, I’m starting the page from page one and giving all this lunatics a piece of my mind. Una dy mad.

Hahahahahaha cheesy

I've been laughing at your comments since, you are such a funny person cheesy

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Divorce My Husband As Soon As Possible by H0711(f): 12:28pm On Jul 31, 2022
EmahBoss:

I just want to say I love you already. We need more women like you who knows what they can take and what they can't. Please leave! Find a job and take care of your baby. What nonsense. Don't let anyone guilt trip you into staying. If the mother can't , then who are you to do it? And the man lied about it from the start? Where do you stay ? Do you need someone to come help you pack your load?

Thank you so much . I live in abuja I am at my brother place he said I will not go back until thrusday when I leave for the village. My younger brother is going to my place in the evening to pick my loads

1 Like

Re: I Want To Divorce My Husband As Soon As Possible by Nozino: 12:29pm On Jul 31, 2022
onlinestaff2020:
Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!

It's my turn to give an objective advice as a parent of more than a decade.

It's so obvious that the op is quite distressed and upset by the unexpected development in her home...Don't blame her because that's what most women are wired to act when faced with this type of shit in real-life context.

Anyway, the following are the best way outta the dilemma:

1. Sit with your husband at a good time when he's back from work and talk maturely to him that he should be raising some amount to pay in a welfare home to take care of the girl and you are going to support him by 50% financially because it's not easy as a father to take care of the home, especially in this godforsaken Buhari regime.

2. You may also follow the same pathway of advising him to hire a maid to take full charge of the girl and automatically the maid will be taking care of other domestic needs and that will even reduce your domestic chores at home...You are going to have a stress free home with this...In addition, tell him you will support by 50% financially in the event that he does not have enough...Don't forget that the house maid's salary shouldn't exceed N30,000...Make sure he does a comprehensive background check on her.

3. Thirdly, you may suggest to your husband that he should go back to the mother of his daughter in the presence of his family and hers and discuss a way out (settlement of some sorts)by promising to increase the welfare of both the mother and daughter without relenting...Don't forget that you will support him just like in advise 1 and 2 above.

Those are the three major ways above that are objectively reasonable to move forward in this marriage so that you can a decent peace of mind in your home...Don't worry that your husband did not inform you that he had a daughter previously...These things do happen even to the most perfect marriage...The bottom line here is that your husband loves you a great deal and doesn't really want to lose you initially and you love him too, that's why both of you got married, pronto!

Op, if you decide to take the subjective way because of the recent happenings in your marriage, no problem...Let me state the future occurrence that will befall you.

1. If you leave your marriage, you are not actually going to have rest of mind because you have already been affected spiritually...Look at it this way, that cerebral palsy of a daughter's condition is going to haunt you for the rest of your life in many ways untold that I cannot mention here but it will definitely happen to you...You can bet on that!

2. God is going to frown at you because you chickened outta of the situation because you were inconsiderate to the situation whereby you would have continued to show maturity and understanding to the little girl even though she's not your daughter...Don't forget that you may even have a son/daughter like her soon.

Anyway, I'm tired of typing...You can reach me by typing your responses.

Last line, MARRIAGE IS NEVER A BED OF ROSES...Marriage is like Mathematics whereby you need to look for different strategies to solve a given problem and arrive at the solution.

Cheers!

Orishirishi.

You want OP to basically pay child support and take care of the child?? Another woman’s child? Ogun will kee you. If there’s incarnation, Ogun will till kill you in the next life.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Divorce My Husband As Soon As Possible by Atolu01: 12:29pm On Jul 31, 2022
"Women age faster than men". How won't they. If you were saddled with yourself and your nonsense of diverse kinds, wouldn't you age and drain fast. Useless draining parasitic self centered cowardly opportunists. Story sounds almost incredible. Sorry about your experiences. At 24? Hm. The Gaslighting, heavy manipulation and victim blaming/ shaming on this thread is sickening. OP will deliver soundly and safely in Jesus mighty name. The wicked, self centered spouse should sort out his mess. Just irresponsibly shifting responsibility up and down.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Divorce My Husband As Soon As Possible by Nozino: 12:30pm On Jul 31, 2022
H0711:

I rather suffer in my parents house than in an unhappy place raising the child in her condition which might result in myself developing high blood pressure and depression.

And if anything happens to her, they will say you killed her. That you never liked her

5 Likes

Re: I Want To Divorce My Husband As Soon As Possible by GraciousVictor(m): 12:32pm On Jul 31, 2022
PraiseHim4ever:

Plz dont, its ungodly. Even when you know its the best thing for her to do, let her decide herself.
is this your first time of interacting with jovialjune1?
lol she was sent packing from her husband's house after the DNA tests revealed that the triplets she delivered isn't in tandem with her husband.
The man got angry and kicked her ass out.
Ever since she has been frustrated and tend to bring her failed marital life to this forum.
That thread exposing her secrets was deleted by the mods, go through her posts you'll see how frustrated she is.
Just ignore her

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (41) (Reply)

'my Husband Cannot Satisfy Me Sexually'..... Wife / My Wife Spat On My Face This Morning, What Should I Do? / Is It Proper/Healthy For A Man To Suck His Wife's Bosom Milk?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.