Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,745 members, 7,820,571 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:20 PM

I Want To Divorce My Husband As Soon As Possible - Family (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Want To Divorce My Husband As Soon As Possible (79915 Views)

About To Divorce My Husband Who Sponsored Me In School. / Divorce: My Husband Wants To Kill Me With Too Much Sex, Woman Tells Court / Time To Divorce My Wife? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Divorce My Husband As Soon As Possible by JoyousFurnitire(m): 10:23pm On Jul 31, 2022
I just wonder why they didn't allow the kid to rest before now.

Poor kid cry

1 Like

Re: I Want To Divorce My Husband As Soon As Possible by Jesuisbelle(f): 10:50pm On Jul 31, 2022
My Dear, if you can't handle it, please leave. If it had been you, in his shoes, that hid the truth you had a child from another man, will he forgive you, accept you and accept the child

Nigerian men don't accept Normal children, talk more of special children. he might be hiding a lot of other things you don't know about. please leave.
Re: I Want To Divorce My Husband As Soon As Possible by Oizee(f): 10:56pm On Jul 31, 2022
eyinjuege:

Pls don't blame the mother of the child at all. She has been single handedly caring for this child with no financial or physical support from this man for years. She likely can't work because she has to look after the child 24/7, can't have a relationship with anyone else because there's no time or chance and can't get a life at all.
Her life has been put on hold for their child for years. He didn't even make things easier by providing food for the child and the man has just moved on without a care in the world.
Even denying the existence of his disabled child.
The mum of the child too needs to build a life, and it's time for the father to step up too.
If anything at all, the father's home was meant to be a more stable home for that child, but unfortunately he messed it up by not telling his wife about this before marrying her.
He will have to raise that child himself now and know how the mother felt all these years.
He can't work, unless he locks her up alone from morning till night, which is inhumane.
Only few women would want a relationship with a man with such a huge responsibility upon him and no money.
He needs to learn to be a father .
The best solution is to have a meeting with the mother and agree on how much he will be dropping monthly for the child's care, because he owes her big time. He also needs to be checking on the child regularly so the mother doesn't feel alone in this struggle and he should keep the child on some weekends of the month.
She's made her point.
He needs to get up and look for ways of getting out of that 15K job he's doing ( ridiculous)
Nigeria is all messed up
hmm, u are right sir/ma, i wasn't even thinking in that direction, the man will now know the burden the mother has been bearing.
Re: I Want To Divorce My Husband As Soon As Possible by Emisco3310(m): 11:05pm On Jul 31, 2022
Do not divorce for this single reason, rather get information about some motherless babies homes, they are all over around, and mostly free of charge!

Find out about them, take the child there, and maintain your marriage!

Divorce is not a child play!

A known present situation is far better than an unknown one!

Also, sit your husband down and carefully discuss the options with him, he should reason with you and accept your proposals and options.

Since it's not about abuse or domestic violence, divorce shouldn't be an option pls!

May God help your marriage to survive!

H0711:
I got married two months ago. I am 7 months pregnant my husband didn't tell me he had a child from his previous relationship and the child has a disability celebral palsy. Her mother came to dropped her off in my house saying she has done enough and she's tired it is now hubby turn to take care of her.

The child can't do anything for herself she can't sit, talk, walk and she does toilet in her clothes. I can't do it anymore I love children because I have taken care of my own nieces and nephews before I would have taken care of her if she was normal but taking care of a child in this question is hard and if her own mother has had enough she abandoned her and why would I kill myself taking care of her in my condition.

I want to divorce and go back to my village I have told him i am leaving next month. He is pleading with me not to leave him that he will take the child somewhere else but the place is not free he has to be paying like 200k monthly for them to take care of the child and he doesn't even have that amount of money because he is not financial stable.

I will stick to my decision but I want to know what will other people do in my situation.
Re: I Want To Divorce My Husband As Soon As Possible by Businext: 11:41pm On Jul 31, 2022
It is well
Hmm

#Love
Re: I Want To Divorce My Husband As Soon As Possible by sooperrescue(m): 11:46pm On Jul 31, 2022
There's a saying that if you have not gone through life, you should not mock a blind person. What if God wants to use you to heal the child and prevent further calamity in your husband lineage of which you are the keeper. Take care of the child as if she is your own and see what the Lord will do through you.
Re: I Want To Divorce My Husband As Soon As Possible by Megabig: 12:36am On Aug 01, 2022
sooperrescue:
There's a saying that if you have not gone through life, you should not mock a blind person. What if God wants to use you to heal the child and prevent further calamity in your husband lineage of which you are the keeper. Take care of the child as if she is your own and see what the Lord will do through you.

I agree, God can also use a stranger to do miracles, now that you know, kindly request for her number and go help for free, those sort of favors receive great reward from God and who knows, the child may be healed as you said…

My suggestion to OP: I didn’t like the fact that he lied to you before even getting married to you,how can he go into something so serious and not tell his partner about a child he is fathering, now you are pregnant and will be a single mum out of wedlock, don’t let people emotionally blackmail you, just walk away if that’s your decision but also know it’s not easy being a divorcee so you have to be better prepared . He can’t eat his cake and have it. People should stop starting marriages on deceit

1 Like

Re: I Want To Divorce My Husband As Soon As Possible by Nobody: 1:18am On Aug 01, 2022
Blessedmercy8:

In my mind now, I have said something.

I am a Mumu.
Re: I Want To Divorce My Husband As Soon As Possible by ImaIma1(f): 1:26am On Aug 01, 2022
Blessedmercy8:

Yes @ bold by God's grace. Anyone can be if they embrace God's grace.

All I'm simply against is her leaving her marriage just under two months. She can't even endure a little and weather the storm with the man for a while.
Her insensitivity is what is making sound like that.

7month old.pregnant woman that has already done one week taking care of cerebral palsy child is not insensitive. What will you then call her husband?

Thank God you are not God. Because even God is merciful.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Divorce My Husband As Soon As Possible by tonididdy(m): 1:48am On Aug 01, 2022
That's her father's house also.
The ex-babymama did no wrong dropping her child at her father's.
The wrong is in your court for not doing a thorough finding of such a heavy magnitude!

Well another options if your husbands parents.
Re: I Want To Divorce My Husband As Soon As Possible by Kobojunkie: 1:57am On Aug 01, 2022
sooperrescue:
Stop using God's name to play mind games on people abeg! . undecided

When God wants to heal a person, He will heal that person regardless of whoever else is in the picture. That is what Jesus Christ taught His followers. undecided

You can make whatever point you intend to without using God's name for joke please. undecided
Re: I Want To Divorce My Husband As Soon As Possible by jimcaddy(m): 2:12am On Aug 01, 2022
Why not take the child to a hospice close by for them to take care of. It's not the child's fault she has a disability.
Re: I Want To Divorce My Husband As Soon As Possible by Hightser: 2:24am On Aug 01, 2022
H0711:

Yes to be honest with you he can't afford it.

You married a man that cannot afford 25k barely after 1 year of marriage? What was the desperation for? The day Nigerian realize that birthing in a financially unstable condition is suicidal the better for us all.

How do you even intend to train this your unborn child? Cause obviously you are not working.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Divorce My Husband As Soon As Possible by tmoneyu: 3:08am On Aug 01, 2022
H0711:
I got married two months ago. I am 7 months pregnant my husband didn't tell me he had a child from his previous relationship and the child has a disability celebral palsy. Her mother came to dropped her off in my house saying she has done enough and she's tired it is now hubby turn to take care of her.

The child can't do anything for herself she can't sit, talk, walk and she does toilet in her clothes. I can't do it anymore I love children because I have taken care of my own nieces and nephews before I would have taken care of her if she was normal but taking care of a child in this question is hard and if her own mother has had enough she abandoned her and why would I kill myself taking care of her in my condition.

I want to divorce and go back to my village I have told him i am leaving next month. He is pleading with me not to leave him that he will take the child somewhere else but the place is not free he has to be paying like 200k monthly for them to take care of the child and he doesn't even have that amount of money because he is not financial stable.

I will stick to my decision but I want to know what will other people do in my situation.
Is the innocent child is your sister will u dump her because of her natural ailment, you want to quit ur marriage and go back to the village,? Women sef
Re: I Want To Divorce My Husband As Soon As Possible by Nozino: 3:29am On Aug 01, 2022
sooperrescue:

Brethren shout hallelujah. Shout hallelujah brother in Christ. God gave me a vision to give to you this night. He says there’s so much blessings attached to this child and that you should adopt her immediately. Failure to do so will lead to disaster in your family. Go and adopt this child. Do God’s work.

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Divorce My Husband As Soon As Possible by Nozino: 3:31am On Aug 01, 2022
tonididdy:
That's her father's house also.
The ex-babymama did no wrong dropping her child at her father's.
The wrong is in your court for not doing a thorough finding of such a heavy magnitude!

Well another options if your husbands parents.

You’re mad. Is it her job to do any yeye findings or for the husband to tell her? Is she a detective?

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Divorce My Husband As Soon As Possible by lovemaths(f): 3:31am On Aug 01, 2022
portplus:
work with him to get help for the child.
You need your space...besides he did not tell you before now.

Better. Since he didn't tell you before marriage, he should carry his cross. Marriage based on deceit can be annulled.

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Divorce My Husband As Soon As Possible by Nozino: 3:32am On Aug 01, 2022
jimcaddy:
Why not take the child to a hospice close by for them to take care of. It's not the child's fault she has a disability.

Send this advice to the parents of the child and not OP. The child isn’t OPs problem. Alternatively you can help them.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Divorce My Husband As Soon As Possible by lovemaths(f): 3:35am On Aug 01, 2022
tmoneyu:

Is the innocent child is your sister will u dump her because of her natural ailment, you want to quit ur marriage and go back to the village,? Women sef

See this mumu. Why can't the father of the child take care of his child. Do you know what it means to be seven months pregnant? Since the man can't open up that he has a child with special needs before marriage, it is a marriage based on deceit and can be annulled.

5 Likes

Re: I Want To Divorce My Husband As Soon As Possible by Nozino: 3:35am On Aug 01, 2022
tmoneyu:

If your wife brings a 15 year old special needs boy into your home and ask you to feed, clean and pack their shit, care for them 24/7 will you do it? Will you pause your life? Quit your job to stay at home and care for this child? If you won’t, you will die a miserable death.
Re: I Want To Divorce My Husband As Soon As Possible by wjxavier(m): 3:40am On Aug 01, 2022
Please LEAVE and let him have peace.

Too bad he never knew you were like this. A fair weather wife.

LEAVE!

If I know him I will encourage him to NOT stop you.

You’re the worst kind of woman a man can have. Onky there for comfort.

LEAVE ABEG. Make we hear word.
Re: I Want To Divorce My Husband As Soon As Possible by Nozino: 3:44am On Aug 01, 2022
wjxavier:
Please LEAVE and let him have peace.

Too bad he never knew you were like this. A fair weather wife.

LEAVE!

If I know him I will encourage him to NOT stop you.

You’re the worst kind of woman a man can have. Onky there for comfort.

LEAVE ABEG. Make we hear word.

Unfair weather husband. Selfish bastard. Would you maintain the same energy if roles were reversed? Good will surely punish you. All your daughters will experience same or similar abnormalities in their marriages so you can advise them to stay.

And if you won’t accept another man’s child in your house. If you can’t bath, cloth, feed, clean, resign from your work to care for your step child and you expect this woman to do same, evil will befall you.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Divorce My Husband As Soon As Possible by sunnymighty(m): 5:19am On Aug 01, 2022
So disheartening how we despise PWD in this country, so unfortunate.
Re: I Want To Divorce My Husband As Soon As Possible by Roseey0(f): 5:38am On Aug 01, 2022
I will only say put yourself in the baby's shoe.
Remember you have one growing in you.

Hubby can look for a cheaper facility even if it means taking the child out of the state.

I don't know your location. Stating your location will help people advise on cheaper care facilities for children with disability
Re: I Want To Divorce My Husband As Soon As Possible by Nozino: 5:59am On Aug 01, 2022
Roseey0:
I will only say put yourself in the baby's shoe.
Remember you have one growing in you.

Hubby can look for a cheaper facility even if it means taking the child out of the state.

I don't know your location. Stating your location will help people advise on cheaper care facilities for children with disability

You put yourself in the child’s shoe too. I’m sure you have children.

You can help them look for and pay for the facility. Do you want the father’s contact?

Alternatively, go and adopt the child.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Divorce My Husband As Soon As Possible by Nozino: 6:03am On Aug 01, 2022
Take care of the child kill all of Una.

Is it easy to care for a child with cerebral palsy? Is it easy to pack a 7 year old shit and clean her yansh? What happens when the child starts menstruating? Do you also expect OP to be cleaning the blood?

Doesn’t OP deserve her own life? How will she mind the child and go to work or start a business? If she opens a shop, will she take the child there everyday?
Re: I Want To Divorce My Husband As Soon As Possible by Nozino: 6:03am On Aug 01, 2022
sunnymighty:
So disheartening how we despise PWD in this country, so unfortunate.

Go and adopt her.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Divorce My Husband As Soon As Possible by Nozino: 6:06am On Aug 01, 2022
In cases like this, even maids cannot do the job. The only people that can take care of the child is her parents or grandparents .
Re: I Want To Divorce My Husband As Soon As Possible by Nozino: 6:06am On Aug 01, 2022
The white man used Religion to enslave Africans. African men now want to use religion to enslave women.

All of you that have asked her to consider and do it for God and to expect a miracle plus blessings are all running away. Una nr want blessings?

OP is a good woman! She took care of this child for a week when she didn’t have to. She even said if the child was normal, she would have accepted her with open arms into her home. But because she refused to be permanently held responsible for a special needs child that isn’t hers , Una wan guilt trip her. Ogun kill Una.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Divorce My Husband As Soon As Possible by zoby: 6:08am On Aug 01, 2022
The mother that showed up to drop off the child knew what she was doing.
Something tells me that this lady intentionally dropped off the child to systematically destroy your marriage.

A good maid will cost less than 40k per month. Both of you should work towards making things work. Your husband should find a way to pay for a maid to take care of his daughter.

You are pregnant, leaving him will not improve your situation. Give him a chance to make things work
Re: I Want To Divorce My Husband As Soon As Possible by delishpot: 6:11am On Aug 01, 2022
ALLNIGERIANSMAD:
you stink

grin Thanks sir

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (41) (Reply)

Man Catches His Wife Sleeping With Her Ex On Their Matrimonial Bed In Ibadan / A Marriage List Given To A Man In Akwa Ibom (Screenshot) / Biskit Presses His Mom's Butt, Shares Video, Nigerians React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.