Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,055 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:27 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (1001) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1220074 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (998) (999) (1000) (1001) (1002) (1003) (1004) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by benedictuyi(m): 8:43pm On Apr 11, 2023
JayOnoz:
Good evening everyone. Please I am new here, please i was admitted into the University of Manitoba and my visa has already been approved. I am suppose to be in Canada on the first week of May. Please I want to know if there is a need to register for my classes before arriving Canada, and if yes, please how do I go about it?
Thanks guys
Details like that should be in your letter of acceptance.
Do well to read it thoroughly and check out all the links

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by benedictuyi(m): 8:44pm On Apr 11, 2023
drhammed:

NO! Abandoned application not submitted should not affect you (IRCC will discard it within 60 days of inactivity- and so no review). N.B.- that's if it was truly abandoned and not submitted to IRCC.
He said he submitted but didn't show up for biometrics
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by babineli: 8:44pm On Apr 11, 2023
nnamdi346:

Whatever makes your application stronger! do it! However, I would also assume that the refund came with a bank narration, which should come in handy for your defence. For the avoidance of doubt, please spell every detail out and evidence it.

The description of the refund came in like this

AB/SCH22S041651 FOR GBP8000@1.1873*435|RETURNED FUNDS

Do you think this is enough proof.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by benedictuyi(m): 8:45pm On Apr 11, 2023
Wilddream:
Good evening, my cousin is uploading his documents required for his visa and his admission letter came with a 4 page document, he wants to remove the 3 pages and upload the document page which actually contains the admission letter. The 3 others pages have the fees and others. Is it ok if he splits the document and only upload the page which has the admission letter. Page 1 has the admission letter,2-4 has fees and the address. He is upload them to the IRCC portal.
Thanks
He should upload everything na

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by beckycute1: 9:00pm On Apr 11, 2023
Hello my people,

If one has a Canadian visitor’s visa in process, can they still apply for a student visa?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by labyrinth007: 9:06pm On Apr 11, 2023
drhammed:

NO! Abandoned application not submitted should not affect you (IRCC will discard it within 60 days of inactivity- and so no review). N.B.- that's if it was truly abandoned and not submitted to IRCC.

Thanks for answering, I really appreciate.

I’m not sure if it was submitted to IRCC, i’d reach out to the agent to confirm but does it mean if it was submitted?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Wilddream: 9:17pm On Apr 11, 2023
Please what are some documents they can show as proof of funds apart from bank statements?
Also please what do they mean by optional document (Additional Document)?
Should he upload his SOP in the additional document slot ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by tolyem(m): 10:05pm On Apr 11, 2023
Good Evening my people,

I need your clarification.

I submitted my son's study visa application with upfront medical acknowledgement sheet on Sunday 2nd of April and he did biometrics on Thursday 6th April, this evening I got a mail of Medical Report Instruction with a Medical form underneath.

Noted: I have collected the hard copy of the medical result on Thursday on his way from biometrics center.

What should we do now. And is this a positive sign?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Best256: 10:08pm On Apr 11, 2023
Good evening everyone.

Has anyone come across IMM forms and documents appearing double? In other words uploading each document twice in a person's portal.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by olufunbi(f): 10:13pm On Apr 11, 2023
The 48hrs does not matter just submit your form A application, when your form A is approved, PayMyTuition may need you to create a new invoice by then.Below is an example of the mai you may receive from PayMyTuition after they receive the funds.

Please note that you are to create a new transaction every time you send funds because each payment needs a unique reference ID in order to be processed. Once we see the transaction, we will be able to proceed with processing the funds.

saucekid50:

But they give just 48hours for the transaction

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by pnieeventures: 10:19pm On Apr 11, 2023
drhammed:
See the bolded part, what do you mean UOttawa is not eligible for PGWP? lol, that's not true!

Thanks for the response….there was a mix up.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by pnieeventures: 10:20pm On Apr 11, 2023
Ilueh:

UniOttawa is not eligible for PGWP? Abi the program in UniOttawa is not eligible, which one?

There was a mix up, thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bernice123456: 10:29pm On Apr 11, 2023
Wilddream:
Please what are some documents they can show as proof of funds apart from bank statements?
Also please what do they mean by optional document (Additional Document)?
Should he upload his SOP in the additional document slot ?

Read page 1 of this thread, you will have the answer to this question there
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by TradeSunMoore: 11:01pm On Apr 11, 2023
saucekid50:

But they give just 48hours for the transaction
It does not matter. They are aware that payment from Nigeria can take longer. The transaction will be finalized with the exchange rate for the day the form A payment is made.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Aystar78: 11:44pm On Apr 11, 2023
Please I’m trying to register my courses before departure by ending of this month for the University of Regina please how do I register and know the courses to register
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bamz555: 11:52pm On Apr 11, 2023
tolyem:
Good Evening my people,

I submitted my son's study visa application with upfront medical acknowledgement sheet on Sunday 2nd of April and he did biometrics on Thursday 6th April, this evening I got a mail of Medical Report Instruction with a Medical form underneath.

Noted: I have collected the hard copy of the medical result on Thursday on his way from biometrics center.

What should we do now. And is this a positive sign?
They will update it to pass just give it some days no panic
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by tolyem(m): 12:13am On Apr 12, 2023
Bamz555

Thank you so much.

Hope this is a good sign for a positive outcome or just a generic response after submission.

Bamz555:

They will update it to pass just give it some days no panic
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Happygirl5: 12:22am On Apr 12, 2023
Hello

I am currently 31 weeks pregnant and will be traveling to Calgary at 35 weeks. I’ve already secured a visitors visa and accommodation.
I plan on delivering my baby in Calgary would like some help please.

Can anyone please suggest a good cheap GP or OB/GYNAE in Calgary area? I will be living specifically in the SE area.

I’ve read almost all the posts on the other thread but most of the info has been posted 5years for Calgary. There’s a new system there that has been established for birth tourists. Any idea please?
Has anyone experienced delivering in Rockyview or South Health Campus?

Help a sister out please 🙏
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by BenedictStinson(m): 1:07am On Apr 12, 2023
Aystar78:
Please I’m trying to register my courses before departure by ending of this month for the University of Regina please how do I register and know the courses to register
The school would have communicated the means to do that
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by eldersir20: 2:18am On Apr 12, 2023
tosdek:

Bro, can u dm me. Seems u going to ontario london. Can we talk pls

Just did
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Wizardbee: 3:00am On Apr 12, 2023
Please is not necessary to go with proof of fund (bank statement) to the POE with traveling, do they usually ask at the point of entry?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by emilyn: 4:36am On Apr 12, 2023
Good evening everyone, please can someone put me through on how to change course from project management to PSW. I went to Conestoga College, and I was told by the admission office that admission has been closed for May 2023. Please, I need a guide on this. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by teebullion1(f): 7:16am On Apr 12, 2023
ThisisDebbie:

Good afternoon. I am new here and trying to apply for student visa. I have a conditional offer from Sheridan College. The condition is that I submit official copies of my uni transcript. How do I prove that I can fulfil the condition (as stated in the guide on their site).

also, I have not seen a comprehensive list of documents to have prepared for visa application. I want to list out some documents, can you please highlight the documents needed that are not on the list and also the document not needed that are on the list.
Passport (with travel history if applicable)
letter of acceptance
tuition payment receipt (if applicable)
The forms required as stated by the ircc site
statement of intent
proof of funds (bank statement, business registration, proof of ownership of property, pictures of property)
affidavit of support
Gift certificate (cause there's a lump sum in my account)
police certificate

Thank you for your assistance.

If the school specifically requested for official transcript then you just have to initiate the process from your uni and send them evidence for that.
Documents to be submitted are on a case by case basis though PCC is not compulsory for study visa The documents you listed are good as per ircc requirements. Just ensure you submit substantial documents to back up any of your claims in your sop. You may want to include pictures with family members in Nigeria and invoices/payment receipts for your business too.
It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by tolyem(m): 7:31am On Apr 12, 2023
Good Evening my people,

Note: I have collected the hard copy of the medical result on Thursday on his way from biometrics center.

I have uploaded the physical medical report I collected from Qlife via Webform.

Hope this is a positive sign?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Osebankz14: 7:56am On Apr 12, 2023
Please is there anyone here who is looking for who to share accommodation expenses with in Ontario, Canada… I am having problem In getting accommodation and my departure date is soon
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bamz555: 7:59am On Apr 12, 2023
tolyem:
Bamz555

Thank you so much.

Hope this is a good sign for a positive outcome or just a generic response after submission.

It’s a good sign. If after 7 days it’s not updated u need to send webforms and mail to various emails I’ll try to get dem fr u. Again no need to panic!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by tolyem(m): 8:31am On Apr 12, 2023
God bless you real good.

Although my son is just 16 years and I used an RCIC consultant right there in Canada.

All will be well

Bamz555:

It’s a good sign. If after 7 days it’s not updated u need to send webforms and mail to various emails I’ll try to get dem fr u. Again no need to panic!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Hennybabevicky: 8:49am On Apr 12, 2023
Please does Cbn still support form A payment for diploma and grade A payment?

Please it’s urgent
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Aghoghomena: 8:50am On Apr 12, 2023
Good day everyone,

I'm 40 years old, and with some years of work experience. I'm married with 3 kids too. I want to ask a question and would be grateful if I will get explanatory responses from you professionals here.

My first application was refused on the ground that the VO was not convinced I have available financial resources. My question is, as I prepare to reapply, can use my brother as my sole sponsor while I submit his statement of account as proof of funds? Considering my age and the fact that I'm married? If yes, please could someone kindly explain to me properly how to go about it.

Please, someone with experience should kindly respond to my enquiry. Please!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by PrinceCoast: 9:03am On Apr 12, 2023
Osebankz14:
Please is there anyone here who is looking for who to share accommodation expenses with in Ontario, Canada… I am having problem In getting accommodation and my departure date is soon

I also need an accommodation in Ontario and my travel date is also soon, how do we connect

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by dtrixna01: 9:29am On Apr 12, 2023
Hey guys it’s PPR 😃

14 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by fastseo: 9:43am On Apr 12, 2023
Tcrown2020:

It is true. Fx limit per semester is 7500 usd
I spoke to someone from the bank and I saw a mail where they said 5000 dollars per semester for each student.

(1) (2) (3) ... (998) (999) (1000) (1001) (1002) (1003) (1004) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.