Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,859 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:23 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (104) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1220877 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Horlar4th(m): 9:04pm On Aug 19, 2022
as a means for proof of funds, can i use my personal statement of account showing the funds in my account and supporting it with sponsorship letter, and sworn affidavit from my father alongside with his properties documents ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Scott99tish(m): 10:37pm On Aug 19, 2022
30days was given for passport submission na. Why the delay ?
Something that I couldn’t even sleep before submitting the next day.

Well, I will advice you mail them multiple times to inform them of delay and when you’re likely sending it…

Mail embassy as well as VAC.

Best of luck.
Regards.

rukky2much:
Hello everyone, is it a big issue if I missed the passport submission deadline by 1 day. Will the visa still be issued? They didn't accept the passport from the courier today (12pm) saying they have closed and asked him to come back on Monday. And that will be one day after the 30 days deadline.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bullstriker: 10:43pm On Aug 19, 2022
You can. In fact, it is highly recommended to attach your bank statement as well. Regarding using your dad as a sponsor, properties do not account as proof of funds; you have to submit your dad’s bank statement unless you have sufficient funds in your account.
Horlar4th:
as a means for proof of funds, can i use my personal statement of account showing the funds in my account and supporting it with sponsorship letter, and sworn affidavit from my father alongside with his properties documents ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bullstriker: 10:53pm On Aug 19, 2022
In addition to what @Scott99tish suggested, when you are submitting the passport,
attach a letter of explanation.
rukky2much:
Hello everyone, is it a big issue if I missed the passport submission deadline by 1 day. Will the visa still be issued? They didn't accept the passport from the courier today (12pm) saying they have closed and asked him to come back on Monday. And that will be one day after the 30 days deadline.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by olokings(m): 11:22pm On Aug 19, 2022
Please someone with advice.

I mailed IRCC and they returned a feedback that "your application is on queue for processing, and will be processed according to receipt date". Even though my portal shows eligibility review ongoing since Aug 2nd.

What kinda queue is this again?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by wasiubello: 11:25pm On Aug 19, 2022
My people I need urgent help on what to do, I submitted my application online today, but forget to include my SOP/LOE. I just crossed check for documents submitted and find out the I omitted the SOP/LOE.

I'm very worried right now. Please does anyone have a hint on what I should do right now or an email contact I can send the document?.

I'm going for an undergraduate program at Brandon university. Please I need your urgent advice on to do next. Gurus in the house help me
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Thefil: 11:31pm On Aug 19, 2022
Good day PatrickOkunima,
Thank you for your suggestion. I have called and written series of mails. I think the next thing is to strongly express how disappointed I am.
PatrickOkunima:

I wanted to say that after his post. As at the 11th working day after my medicals, IOM had not sent my results to IRCC. I had to send them a mail expressing strongly how disappointed I was, before they sent it and tendered an apology.

So, I suggest you send IOM a reminder.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Oreofegold: 11:36pm On Aug 19, 2022
Good morning, I have my study permit already please who's heading to centennial college?please let's connect .thanks

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Thefil: 11:49pm On Aug 19, 2022
Good day Ocool,

Thank you for the suggestion. IOM said it will be transmitted in3-5 working days. I sent them a mail requesting a copy on the 5th day. They did not respond until I called and the customer care person forwarded it. I got a response next day telling me to send a mail 3 working days later. 4 workings days later I sent a mail. Till today no response. I called and a nice customer care person told me that it was in its final stages since 2nd. People who had theirs done on 3rd and 4th has been transmittted and passed.

Ocool:

Email IOM to request for your medical report. In the same email, ask them in whether they have transmitted your medical result to the IRCC and when. This is just to confirm.

But I'm sure IOM must have transmitted it. It's IRCC that are yet to update it on your dashboard. I learned here that it does not matter whether or not IRCC have updated it as everything may be done together with BVL and PPR.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Thefil: 11:52pm On Aug 19, 2022
Abeg ooo
ebyprecy:

Mine took 2 months for my medical to be updated to pass
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Creativebelle: 11:57pm On Aug 19, 2022
Just submit using webform
This is the link..fill it and upload your document..pretty straightforward .
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx
wasiubello:
My people I need urgent help on what to do, I submitted my application online today, but forget to include my SOP/LOE. I just crossed check for documents submitted and find out the I omitted the SOP/LOE.

I'm very worried right now. Please does anyone have a hint on what I should do right now or an email contact I can send the document?.

I'm going for an undergraduate program at Brandon university. Please I need your urgent advice on to do next. Gurus in the house help me

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by GloriaBekee: 12:03am On Aug 20, 2022
johnstan:

Do you mean admission acceptance rate or visa approval rate?

Their admission from my experience took about 2-3weeks, not sure about visa approval rate and if that's even a thing i.e if visas are approved based on school of choice.

For address, check IOM and QLife centers in Lagos/Abuja, you will easily get that on Google.

Thank you

Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by GloriaBekee: 12:14am On Aug 20, 2022
GloriaBekee:
[/quote]
GloriaBekee post=115870358:
GloriaBekee:
[quote author=johnstan post=115865582]

Do you mean admission acceptance rate or visa approval rate?

Their admission from my experience took about 2-3weeks, not sure about visa approval rate and if that's even a thing i.e if visas are approved based on school of choice.

For address, check IOM and QLife centers in
Lagos/Abuja, you will easily get that on Google.

Good luck.
yes I mean their admission acceptance rate ?thank you Jonstan

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by wasiubello: 12:19am On Aug 20, 2022
Creativebelle:
Just submit using webform
This is the link..fill it and upload your document..pretty straightforward .
http a://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx
Thank you so much bro
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by fenwag: 12:52am On Aug 20, 2022
Please, I need help; I got admitted to Humber college, I submitted my application on June 23, Humber resumes on September 6th, and I am expected to upload an LOI (Letter of Introduction) on or before the said date to register for courses else I will lose my studentship. Still, I am yet to hear from IRCC.

If I want to defer, Humber does not accept deferments for more than two(2) semesters, and my course is only taken during Fall.

What will I do if I ask for a refund and my application gets approved?

I need Advice, please.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by sammyfrance23: 12:55am On Aug 20, 2022
Please who’s going to Sherbrooke Quebec this fall…. Let’s connect
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Kenny4real68: 1:20am On Aug 20, 2022
Write to the school
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Imalaeta: 1:31am On Aug 20, 2022
Someone should please respond
Imalaeta:
Hello everyone, please someone asked about CBN not processing payment of tuition for diploma. Please is it true because am about starting the process. If they do, how long does it take. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Kamsi99: 1:44am On Aug 20, 2022
URGENT: PLEASE A CALL FOR HELP!!

Hi Everyone, Please I am trying to submit my application but I am having trouble compressing my file to 4mb. Trust me I have used all kinds including ilovepdf, smallpdf, adobe, etc I have even been paying for latest versions of compressors online, yet it gets to a point where it says “ your file can no longer be compressed or reduced “

I am afraid because upon the file is not even close to 4mb , it’s already becoming invisible. I don’t want to be denied due to unclear documents. ( yes, this happened to my friend, his GCMS note read; bank statement not clear)

I intend to just upload my files separately; that’s submitting on the proof of fun section, I will then put some documents too on the FORM IMM5257 space ( I didn’t fill it, since it’s optional), and then the rest of my forms sent via webform immediately I pay and submit my application.

My brothers and sisters, is this a good step? Any better option? Has this worked for someone on this group? Your suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bullstriker: 2:00am On Aug 20, 2022
Your idea is good. Do it with a letter of explanation and specify where each document is located. Have you tried converting them to jpg? Usually, PDF files are bigger than jpg.
Alternatively, you can use Mycic account instead of the new portal. The file size limit is 4MB per file
Kamsi99:
URGENT: PLEASE A CALL FOR HELP!!

Hi Everyone, Please I am trying to submit my application but I am having trouble compressing my file to 4mb. Trust me I have used all kinds including ilovepdf, smallpdf, adobe, etc I have even been paying for latest versions of compressors online, yet it gets to a point where it says “ your file can no longer be compressed or reduced “

I am afraid because upon the file is not even close to 4mb , it’s already becoming invisible. I don’t want to be denied due to unclear documents. ( yes, this happened to my friend, his GCMS note read; bank statement not clear)

I intend to just upload my files separately; that’s submitting on the proof of fun section, I will then put some documents too on the FORM IMM5257 space ( I didn’t fill it, since it’s optional), and then the rest of my forms sent via webform immediately I pay and submit my application.

My brothers and sisters, is this a good step? Any better option? Has this worked for someone on this group? Your suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bullstriker: 2:10am On Aug 20, 2022
I believe @Kenny4real68 gave you the best answer. Email them with proof of study permit submission and ask for an extension to upload your letter of intro.
fenwag:
Please, I need help; I got admitted to Humber college, I submitted my application on June 23, Humber resumes on September 6th, and I am expected to upload an LOI (Letter of Introduction) on or before the said date to register for courses else I will lose my studentship. Still, I am yet to hear from IRCC.

If I want to defer, Humber does not accept deferments for more than two(2) semesters, and my course is only taken during Fall.

I need Advice, please.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Eby028: 4:05am On Aug 20, 2022
Guys I am using a luftansa flight to Germany then calgary then finally to edmonton... but I have just one hour layover at calgary... would that be enough time to catch my next flight to edmonton?

Would my immigration checks b at calgary or edmonton?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by hillary4003: 4:24am On Aug 20, 2022
your immigration will be at your first point of entry in canada so calgary
Eby028:
Guys I am using a luftansa flight to Germany then calgary then finally to edmonton... but I have just one hour layover at calgary... would that be enough time to catch my next flight to edmonton?

Would my immigration checks b at calgary or edmonton?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by mrlycan: 4:33am On Aug 20, 2022
Male or female. My wife is going this December....

Teezkid:
Hello. Anyone going to conestoga college this December? Anyone willing to share accommodation or possibly can help me out ? Thanks Nairalanders kiss
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Anifowoshehabee: 4:51am On Aug 20, 2022
Please i need an urgent reply…IRCC just requested for my sponsor STatement of account for clarification i think so are my to resend this latest last 6months to them or the month i send when i applied in january cause i will goan do that on monday inside the bank with my sponsor.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Chuksiesmom: 5:13am On Aug 20, 2022
Thank you.
johnstan:

If you ask me I'll suggest you focus more on explaining why you chose your program, the perks and all as against why the you chose the qualification over another.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Creativebelle: 5:23am On Aug 20, 2022
Lol..no be only bro dey this forum
wasiubello:

Thank you so much bro
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Creativebelle: 5:26am On Aug 20, 2022
Just defer your admisson..looks like fall is far but its not..some us deferred from May to Jan 2023..we have gotten approvals and we have time to prepare and get ready for resumption
fenwag:

I need Advice, please.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by HonWise(m): 5:38am On Aug 20, 2022
I will advice to send from Januuary till date (Monday), that helps to reconsile the previous, they will also confrim the fund and other things..Guru's can also advice.

Anifowoshehabee:
Please i need an urgent reply…IRCC just requested for my sponsor STatement of account for clarification i think so are my to resend this latest last 6months to them or the month i send when i applied in january cause i will goan do that on monday inside the bank with my sponsor.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by okongo(m): 5:43am On Aug 20, 2022
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by AkeemTy(m): 5:43am On Aug 20, 2022
Add extra documents using the webform
wasiubello:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by damosade(m): 6:12am On Aug 20, 2022
HopefulSuccess:

Neither GRE nor GMAT are necessary requirements.
All you just need to do is to meet the course requirements. Apply, and once you are admitted you would be sent an email to apply for the program.
If you are shortlisted, an interview invite will follow. Your CV and transcript are the most important thing.
Thanks for the information success.
I will send DM for further guidance pls.

(1) (2) (3) ... (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.