Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,214 members, 7,836,037 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:36 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (1053) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1247806 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1050) (1051) (1052) (1053) (1054) (1055) (1056) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Republic001: 7:21pm On Apr 30, 2023
Pls house like how many months can one reapply again afetr a visa us refused
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pepman: 7:31pm On Apr 30, 2023
Republic001:
Pls house like how many months can one reapply again afetr a visa us refused

You can reapply as long as you feel you have addressed the concerns regarding your refusal. It is usually recommended to order GCMS to check details of the concerns and know how to address them but GCMS is not mandatory
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Zino89: 8:11pm On Apr 30, 2023
Good evening everyone
I want to apply as an undergraduate, can I travel with my family?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by kobobay(m): 8:14pm On Apr 30, 2023
I have done that before. I do not think there is a problem with it.

babineli:

Thanks for your reply, I actually consulted my concern to some immigration consultant and they said I should send a web form to that effect. So I sent this.

“Dear VO,

I will like to address my BACKGROUND INFORMATION.When I was asked if I have ever been refused a visa to any other country or territory previously. I selected the yes button for both visa refusal within canada and any other country or territory and I gave the reasons.

However I think “I was refused USA visiting visa twice but I’m sorry I can’t remember the exact year but I feel is 2016 and 2018 or 2016 and 2017. But I said I was refused USA visiting visa in 2017 in my original imm294e form.

Also I’m certain I was refused Uk visiting visa in 2017 and Canada study permit visa in 2016. I just feel it’s necessary I quickly address this information as I should have expressed my concern like this while filling the form but there was no typing space to give more information about our previous refusals and reasons. Thanks for your understanding.“

I hope there’s no problem sending this information via the webform?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Daodudavid(m): 8:28pm On Apr 30, 2023
Greeting house, I am currently in the United States but I am trying to get admission for my younger brother into a school in canada, for a starter like me, who can help with list of good schools that he can apply with, that will grant him visa approval ?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ademma2022: 8:33pm On Apr 30, 2023
@Bamz555 good evening what could a possible reason for opening a new account

Bamz555:

The lump sum of 20m was proceed from landed property sold. The documents and conveyance deed was provided. Plus d account was less than a month, newly opened when it was submitted. Opened on 18th, submitted application 8th d following month.
But I explained why new account and I supported with evidence.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Jeff5gold: 8:49pm On Apr 30, 2023
Pamtty:
Hi guys, I’m new here and have been seeing a lot of success stories on this thread. Please is anyone going to Concordia University of Edmonton?

Any problem

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by jaydave: 8:55pm On Apr 30, 2023
Please anyone with gift deed for money transferred to you by your sponsor please send the format … Abeg oooo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by RafiatD: 9:18pm On Apr 30, 2023
Dose Affidavit of Return important in an application.
Do I have to include it in my document to be submitted?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ucy12: 9:29pm On Apr 30, 2023
Hi!

Are you in Montréal ?
Please, let me know if yes.

quinstershaw:
Anyone heading to Montreal this Fall?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CanadaQueen: 9:56pm On Apr 30, 2023
Do you really think you need this TMI? Won't this call so much attention to your background? I was also refused UK visiting visa many times even after I have visited the UK in the past. But what I did is that, I only mentioned the recent refusals Frm diff embassies including the UK. I don't think you need to be exposing that you've been refused multiple times from the UK.
Well, that's my thoughts sha.
kobobay:

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by tenderjunkie: 9:58pm On Apr 30, 2023
RafiatD:
Dose Affidavit of Return important in an application.
Do I have to include it in my document to be submitted?
I included it in mine.
I have seen people who didn't include it and got PPR.

It's quite cheap to do so it doesn't hurt to include it

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CanadaQueen: 9:59pm On Apr 30, 2023
Visa approval is not guaranteed by good sch or not. I stand to be corrected. Also, make sure the school has a Designated Learning Institution (DLI) number. I'll advice he goes for 2 years program if it's a Diploma in a college so he can get a 3 years post graduate work permit(PGWP) after the program.
Daodudavid:
Greeting house, I am currently in the United States but I am trying to get admission for my younger brother into a school in canada, for a starter like me, who can help with list of good schools that he can apply with, that will grant him visa approval ?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CanadaQueen: 10:01pm On Apr 30, 2023
Please how much is the affidavit of return and can you help with the contact where you did yours pls?
tenderjunkie:

I included it in mine.
I have seen people who didn't include it and got PPR.

It's quite cheap to do so it doesn't hurt to include it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Mrsam12: 10:04pm On Apr 30, 2023
quinstershaw:
Anyone heading to Montreal this Fall?
Yes. I'll be heading to Montreal for fall intake
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by tenderjunkie: 10:08pm On Apr 30, 2023
CanadaQueen:
Please how much is the affidavit of return and can you help with the contact where you did yours pls?
Did mine in high court.

I don't think it was more than 5k
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by babineli: 10:20pm On Apr 30, 2023
kobobay:

Thank you my brother/sister, no vex oo, as we no know watin we do Canada, USA and UK. I no know watin Dey vex dem oo. Before dem vex talk say I no talk true nah why I send them webform. We Dan too chop breakfast😀. God go help me ooooo.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CanadaQueen: 10:23pm On Apr 30, 2023
Thank you @bullstriker. I currently lecture in 2 Universities although both are contract jobs. But I got employment letters and recommendation/introduction letters from both. One stated that my study in Canada will help get promotion on my return, the second stated that I am always welcome back to work with them.
Unfortunately, I don't have any asset as I have sold off my car few years back. I also don't belong to any social forum. As for religious group, I am not that consistent in my new place of worship here.
My intended program is Social Service Worker and I currently work with youths. I even got a letter from my previous workplace where I used to work with children(toddlers and infants).
I am planning to reapply but I will add an affidavit of return to this new application. But I really don't know what else I can input.
Pls I need all the help I can receive. I have had refusals frm other embassies before but this one really shattered me and made me sick. Until this time, I never knew one could become sick because they are sad.
bullstriker:
Cheer up; I believe you have more home ties than you think.

You can use your job as a tie if you demonstrate the intention to return to the job. This can be effectively shown by having your employer grant you a leave of absence. Suppose you are self-employed, provide business registration documents, invoices, receipts and correspondence with suppliers and customers. In addition, discuss your plans and prospects extensively. Is your occupation in demand? How can the skillset help with your ambition in Nigeria?

Financial buoyancy is a home tie. Document your assets, if any, and prepare an excellent financial table of your assets supported by a valuation report. Better still, get a net worth report from a Chartered Accountant.

The level of your involvement in the society can be used as a tie. So, if you belong to any social or religious group, get a letter from them stating you are an active member and role.

Is your intended program related to your present occupation? If not, can you establish the program's relevance to your current and future career path? The Vo is unconvinced with your purpose of visit, so you have to show how the proposed program fits your ambition.

Vo makes decisions based on how they interpret what you present to them, so the onus is on you to write a convincing SoP. Most importantly, don’t forget to order a gcms note so that you identify and address specific concerns noted by the VO.

All the best.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by babineli: 10:35pm On Apr 30, 2023
CanadaQueen:
Do you really think you need this TMI? Won't this call so much attention to your background? I was also refused UK visiting visa many times even after I have visited the UK in the past. But what I did is that, I only mentioned the recent refusals Frm diff embassies including the UK. I don't think you need to be exposing that you've been refused multiple times from the UK.
Well, that's my thoughts sha.

I’m sorry but if I don’t expose myself, how did they find out about people who didn’t declare and they figure out that they’ve been refuse. I believe they have access to this information, whether you expose or not, they will know. Telling them how many times I applied and got refused isn’t a crime nah. I no kill person nah refuse Dey refuse me, if they dig dipper than that, they won’t see anything to hold against me, it was just a normal refusal I was just scared if the year I disclosed could raIsed eyebrows as misinformation as I wasn’t genuinely sure and like my broda said provided I originally declare no problem. All the same I leave everything to God.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bullstriker: 10:49pm On Apr 30, 2023
The program level does not determine the requirement to apply with family members. So, you can apply with your family if you are going for an undergraduate program. However, to show career progression, consider a post-graduate program if you have completed an undergraduate program.
Zino89:
Good evening everyone
I want to apply as an undergraduate, can I travel with my family?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by maye2: 12:31am On May 01, 2023
My people, who is going to UCW for September batch for MBA... let's keep with each other.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CanadaQueen: 12:47am On May 01, 2023
I'm not saying you killed person, neither am I saying you shldnt declare. no vex sir/ma. Follow your mind.
babineli:

I’m sorry but if I don’t expose myself, how did they find out about people who didn’t declare and they figure out that they’ve been refuse. I believe they have access to this information, whether you expose or not, they will know. Telling them how many times I applied and got refused isn’t a crime nah. I no kill person nah refuse Dey refuse me, if they dig dipper than that, they won’t see anything to hold against me, it was just a normal refusal I was just scared if the year I disclosed could raIsed eyebrows as misinformation as I wasn’t genuinely sure and like my broda said provided I originally declare no problem. All the same I leave everything to God.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by arie7: 12:48am On May 01, 2023
Good morning all,
Please I need advise
I presently work as an account/admin officer in a shipping agency
I applied for health office administration and international business, but got offer letter for health office administration.
I just want to know if I won’t be queried about my course of study when applying for visa??
Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Canfulfilment: 12:53am On May 01, 2023
Please do you mind sharing the link to track applications?
chemicalibk:
Hello house
After checking my application status tracker this morning, I found my application status is in progress and destination is Toronto, ON
Does that mean my application is in Toronto centre
If anyone have Toronto center email address, kindly share
My application is more than the processing time
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Willie3040: 1:20am On May 01, 2023
Hello house,

Please I need your advice on this. I have made my tuition deposit on the 10th of February and I am thinking of sending my application by next or so. The deadline of my first semester balance of almost 8k will be due by June 13.

Can I still go ahead to send my application without paying the balance? Can the VO reject my application as a result of this or will they ask me to complete the payment? Can my visa be processed before June 13?

Please what would be your candid advice. Thanks I await your reply to my message.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by joefit4gur(m): 1:25am On May 01, 2023
jaydave:

Thanks boss … how much did you do only affidavit of return

3K, N3500. Can't remember.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bullstriker: 1:38am On May 01, 2023
The program is unrelated to your current occupation. Although the program is in administration, the health component can mar your application unless you have a solid reason for a career change.

arie7:
Good morning all,
Please I need advise
I presently work as an account/admin officer in a shipping agency
I applied for health office administration and international business, but got offer letter for health office administration.
I just want to know if I won’t be queried about my course of study when applying for visa??
Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1050) (1051) (1052) (1053) (1054) (1055) (1056) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: waka2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.