Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,994 members, 7,835,334 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:49 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (1055) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1246965 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1052) (1053) (1054) (1055) (1056) (1057) (1058) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bullstriker: 12:55pm On May 01, 2023
The school can withdraw your admission.

Yes, you can ask for an extension

If IRCC approves your visa, you can defer your admission to the next start date

Yes, the CBSA officer can ask for a receipt of your tuition.
Willie3040:

Thank you Bullstriker, I appreciate your time responding to my questions.

How about if visa is granted but it's after the due date and I have not still not paid because I'm not 100% sure
if visa will be granted. Will the school not cancel my admission? Will I not be denied entry at POE? Can I write to the school for more time?

I'm really sorry to have bothered you with so much questions but I would like it if my fears can be allayed.
Please I quoted Bullstriker though but anybody could please respond to my questions.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bullstriker: 12:59pm On May 01, 2023
1. Just the one-year tuition fee stated in your letter of admission
2. The sum of the money in both accounts
ademma2022:
Good morning house, I have been a very silent reader for a long time, and finally, I am in the process of applying for my study permit and I have a few questions
1. do I need to fill the money stipulated on my LOA as the tuition or multiply it by 2 since I am pursuing a diploma program ?
2. also the money available for my studies, should it be the money in the sponsor account only, or if my sister sends some money into my account should that also be added as the money available for my studies
thank you all what you on the forum
pls I await your positive response

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by joefit4gur(m): 1:00pm On May 01, 2023
RafiatD:
Dose Affidavit of Return important in an application.
Do I have to include it in my document to be submitted?

Just add it IMO.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by paragon4b: 1:13pm On May 01, 2023
Good morning All,

Please I need your help and guides on the steps to take sequentially on the Visa Application for Canada at this stage:

* I have got an admission (Which I had last year but deffered till this year)

* I did Post Medical last year August as well

*I have paid the compulsory acceptance fees the school requested

Please I need your guides on the next steps I need to take right away so as to secure my Student's Visa in time and is last year post medical still valid now

*Thanks People* 🙇🏼‍♀️🙇🏼‍♀️🙇🏼‍♀️
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Christyiji: 1:31pm On May 01, 2023
joefit4gur:

3K, N3500. Can't remember.

I did mine with #500 at the high court here in Lagos.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ademma2022: 1:57pm On May 01, 2023
thank you Bullstriker that the swift response
so i sum it up in nairia and convert it to cad right?
bullstriker:
1. Just the one-year tuition fee stated in your letter of admission
2. The sum of the money in both accounts
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by dtrixna01: 2:06pm On May 01, 2023
merciee:
Medical passed since 20th of April
you’ll get an update. Mine took two weeks. I know a person hers took more than that. The strike is ended and they’re to resume work today.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by dtrixna01: 2:09pm On May 01, 2023
CanadaQueen:
In my own case I do business but its informal although deposits enters my acct Frm customers. And I even stated it in my SOP DT I frequently travel BTW Nig and Benin Rep cos I do business but still got a refusal based on no ties. I don't have any assets as it is right now. Someone suggested I shld add affidavit of return when I'm reapplying. Although I want to Ist rqst for my gcms notes
I'm going for a college Diploma in Social service.
You need some persons to check your SOP , your SOP is where you’d have to do justice and give a convincing explanation that you’d be coming back. Or buy a plot or half plot of land in your name.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by UtchayPro(f): 2:09pm On May 01, 2023
Good afternoon fam.

Please has anybody ever heard of anybody who was sponsored by their cousin and the visa was granted?

I have an older cousin (maternal) who I've been very close with over the years and who is willing to sponsor me. But she's not sure if people outside of siblings and parents can sponsor 🥹😅
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by GloriaBekee: 2:10pm On May 01, 2023
Good day gurus in the house 🏡

Please I need help in downloading Form 1294e , I’ve been on it for a week now,
Please zzzzz do assist me
🙏🙏🙏
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bullstriker: 2:26pm On May 01, 2023
correct
ademma2022:
thank you Bullstriker that the swift response
so i sum it up in nairia and convert it to cad right?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by LATECH2K23: 2:33pm On May 01, 2023
Hello fam
Please I need your honest answer
I want to apply for my Canada visa now
For diploma degree

Please I would love to know the main factor that helps in getting visa
So that I can work on it and make my visa application work smoothly

Please I need your genuine answers
Please don’t ignore sirs/mas
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by zubizareta(m): 3:15pm On May 01, 2023
bullstriker:
The school can withdraw your admission.

Yes, you can ask for an extension

If IRCC approves your visa, you can defer your admission to the next start date

Yes, the CBSA officer can ask for a receipt of your tuition.

Hello, your comment caught my attention.
I submitted my study permit and my school is to resume September. However, I plan to defer my admission to start January. Are you saying if my application is approved for my current LOA of September as resumption date, I can write to my school to defer my admission to January? Pls confirm. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bullstriker: 3:58pm On May 01, 2023
Correct. Don’t change school
zubizareta:

Hello, your comment caught my attention.
I submitted my study permit and my school is to resume September. However, I plan to defer my admission to start January. Are you saying if my application is approved for my current LOA of September as resumption date, I can write to my school to defer my admission to January? Pls confirm. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Haryorlarr: 4:02pm On May 01, 2023
Hello, please I need advice on using Mpower financing at POE. Does University of Saskatchewan require a Tuition deposit?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by jaydave: 4:48pm On May 01, 2023
zubizareta:

Send a mail to me
Thanks .. please reply your email
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by jaydave: 4:49pm On May 01, 2023
tenderjunkie:

I included it in mine.
I have seen people who didn't include it and got PPR.

It's quite cheap to do so it doesn't hurt to include it

Please can you send format of how the affidavit of return is typed
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bamz555: 4:53pm On May 01, 2023
ademma2022:
@Bamz555 good evening what could a possible reason for opening a new account

Inability to access old account due to reasons from bank closure or u had the account closed due to unauthorized access to ur account
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by tenderjunkie: 4:55pm On May 01, 2023
jaydave:

Please can you send format of how the affidavit of return is typed
Send a dm

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by chemicalibk: 5:09pm On May 01, 2023
House
Can someone reapply immediately if he get denied based on purpose of visit

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Accessed: 5:48pm On May 01, 2023
ATTAHDYE:
All commercial banks in Nigeria are on MBS except Standard Chartered.

There is nothing wrong with Union Bank SOA, you can use them like any other bank account and get results based on the combined strength of your application.

I have had several clients who have use UBN accounts successfully.

Thank you for your responses guys.

CC @Canadaqueen and @tenderjunkie

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pepman: 6:06pm On May 01, 2023
PPR today guys.
Submitted 16th of March
Biometric 22nd of March
Upfront medical 11th of April
Medical passed 26th of April
BVL & PPR 1st of May.

Wish everyone waiting the best of luck

27 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Edchos: 6:44pm On May 01, 2023
Pepman:
PPR today guys.
Submitted 16th of March
Biometric 22nd of March
Upfront medical 11th of April
Medical passed 26th of April
BVL & PPR 1st of May.

Wish everyone waiting the best of luck

Congratulations. Best of luck to everyone expecting PPR

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by femmybet(f): 6:51pm On May 01, 2023
Hello guys, kindly help clarify this:

For the purpose of PR, what is the implication of - studying 1 +1 year course in different provinces.

For instance, 1year course in one province
another 1year course in another province

Please gurus in the house, help out address this concern. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by anori: 6:57pm On May 01, 2023
Anyone going in September 2023 to University of Winnipeg (Or any Manitoba based University) Please let me know.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ammykorr: 7:15pm On May 01, 2023
Hi everyone. Please I’d like the help of the gurus on the platform. I’ve got some issues on my mind.

Firstly, my hubby applied for study visa about 2years ago. He got the visa, but he didn’t go because he said he didn’t have the heart to leave his family behind. Now I want to apply for study visa and apply with my family. I don’t know if it will be an issue.

Secondly, I am going for a years course, do I need to show pof for the 2 years tuition plus cost of living for 2 years.

I really need help with your inputs/suggestions.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Canfulfilment: 7:26pm On May 01, 2023
I have a friend who got his in Union Bank in Nsukka. Initially, they didn't know what MBS is. But he pushed, Union bank called yheir head office and git directiin on how to do it.
Accessed:

Please, will a digital copy Statement of Account from the App contain the bank's stamps? Because i am not sure IRCC will look at it if its not stamped.

Ordinarily, other banks will just generate an MBS code for you which you will send in your application, but I am not sure Union Bank has that facility. That is my dilemma.

Please has anyone used Union Bank SOA as POF before? How did you guys do it??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Canfulfilment: 7:31pm On May 01, 2023
It is giving me error message though,
chemicalibk:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-status.html

You will register with UCI and application number
Verification code will be sent to the email used for confirmation
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by paragon4b: 7:42pm On May 01, 2023
Good morning All,

Please I need your help and guides on the steps to take sequentially on the Visa Application for Canada at this stage:

* I have got an admission (Which I had last year but deffered till this year)

* I did Post Medical last year August as well

*I have paid the compulsory acceptance fees the school requested

Please I need your guides on the next steps I need to take right away so as to secure my Student's Visa in time and is last year post medical still valid now

*Thanks People* 🙇🏼‍♀️🙇🏼‍♀️🙇🏼‍♀️

(1) (2) (3) ... (1052) (1053) (1054) (1055) (1056) (1057) (1058) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.