Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (1081) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1220031 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1078) (1079) (1080) (1081) (1082) (1083) (1084) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ndubisi12: 2:39pm On May 10, 2023
Ormonor:
Good afternoon everyone. I’m a silent reader here, just got my ppr. First time applicant.
Anyone going to Lambton College (Sarnia) Ontario for fall….. Please can we connect!!!

Timeline
Application submission 20th March 2023.
Biometrics 26th March 2023
Medical request 5th April 2023
Medicals done 26th April 2023
Medicals uploaded(after many follow ups) 5th May 2023
Medicals updated to pass 6th May 2023
Correspondence letter/PPR 9th May 2023
God did it!!!!!
congratulations and so shall it be on to me because what God can not do does not exist

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by nnamdi346: 2:39pm On May 10, 2023
StJohnKml:

In the same shoes bro. Obviously from the answers given here, the delay is likely because we used the new portal.
Please how do you know the Visa Office handling your application?

I am in the U.K and did biometric at the London Visa Office.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by nnamdi346: 2:43pm On May 10, 2023
Gydion:

Hello bro, I don't understand. It seems there is a delay in the new portal for those applying outside. I applied for Berlin visa application centre and exactly same you presented

My brother I tire.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by nnamdi346: 2:45pm On May 10, 2023
Ormonor:
Good afternoon everyone. I’m a silent reader here, just got my ppr. First time applicant.
Anyone going to Lambton College (Sarnia) Ontario for fall….. Please can we connect!!!

Timeline
God did it!!!!!

Did you apply using the old or new portal?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Gerald96: 2:52pm On May 10, 2023
Good evening..I got admitted into Fleming college to study global business management…I don’t understand how to pay the tuition fee though a Payment link was attached together with the offer letter… but it is still not clear to me…..please can someone who has paid his or her tuition fee help me with guidelines on how to go about it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ade279(f): 3:25pm On May 10, 2023
My Timeline:
Hello everyone. I should have done this sooner.. please pardon me.
I’m mostly a silent participant here, I got my ppr on the 4th. First time applicant.

University: University of Manitoba, PhD, Food Science

Timeline
Upfront Medicals: 25th January, 2023.
Application submission: 16th March 2023.
Biometrics: 23rd March 2023
Correspondence Letter/PPR: April 4,2023.

Documents Submitted asides the IMM forms:

Funding Letter from PhD supervisor
Mybankstatement ticket ID from my Dad (about 1Million)
Conditional Offer of Admission (I hadn't gotten my MSc transcripts and Certificate)
Letter from my department confirming that I have completed my MSc, and attesting to my English Proficiency
MSc Transcript
BSc Transcript and Certificate
Employment Letter
Professional Certifications
Marriage Certificate and Pictures
NIN
Birth Certificate
Husband's Int'l Passport and Birth Certificate
Parents Int'l Passport
Affidavit confirming that my father is my father😁
SOP

I'm really grateful to you all for giving me the courage to make this application. I thought I was going to be denied because of my conditional offer of admission. I've been a quiet reader for a really long time here, so all of you must have helped in one way or another through discussions.

Special thanks to Mr Frank and Ditha.
God bless you!

20 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by naxee9294: 3:27pm On May 10, 2023
Hello
Anyone here lives in Ontario and have any accommodation available in Kitchener,Waterloo and somewhere around this places
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by JOJU2022: 3:47pm On May 10, 2023
Please i would like to be in this group
NOC1:

Intrested
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ShowYoung: 3:53pm On May 10, 2023
DaChem:

@Degift what do you suggest we do? Please

From what I can see, you have sufficient or appropriately sufficient funds. You just need to be strategic about it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ShowYoung: 3:57pm On May 10, 2023
DaChem:

Thanks for your prompt response.
Yeah, he applied through the IRCC new portal. His total tuition fee is 32000cad for 2years program , he has paid 8500cad.
Spouse applied for visiting Visa. Child is a year and 8 months old.

If you had #20m, you had approximately ENOUGH FUND if the total tuition is $32k for two years and not for just 1 year.

You may clarify if the $32k tuition fee is for one or two years.

Spouse should apply for SOWP, children Visit Visa.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ShowYoung: 4:18pm On May 10, 2023
Haychay:
Guys please I have a very important question to ask

I have an admission in Fleming College to study a Ontario College Diploma(Business). The issue I am having is that I already have a Bsc degree in Building Technology, I graduated in 2016 and I have been working as a structural engineer for over 5 years now.

What are the chances that I would be granted a study permit as I have discovered that if there isnt a Academic/career progression I might be rejected. Also isnt a diploma degree equivalent to a HND in Nigeria and it looks Im backdating

Whats your advice please?

For the purpose of credential identification only, I will like to clarify some things.

The word "diploma" does not mean all credentials that bear it have the same level of study. Some are higher in level than Bachelor degree, some are at par with Bachelor degree while some are lower.

Ordinary National Diploma (OND or ND) in Nigeria is equivalent to 2 year Diploma in Canada which is the one you want to study for. This is a credential gained after the first 2 years of study in Nigerian Polytechnics.

Higher National Diploma (HND) in Nigeria is higher than bachelor degree in Canada and is equivalent to Post Graduate Diploma in Canada. Many people confuse and compare Nigeria HND with the UK HND. They are different and Nigeria's is higher and is a 4-5 year credential. The UK HND is a three year university credential equivalent to Associate Degree or Advanced Diploma in Canada. HND is earned after 4 years of education + 1 year IT in Nigeria Polytechnic.

Many people have gained admission into Master's Degree and PhD with HND.

Advance Diploma (AdvDip) is one year less than bachelor degree. It is a 3 year credential.

Post Graduate Diploma (PGD) is one year higher than bachelor degree but a bit less than master degree.

Diploma of Higher Education (DipHE) is at par with bachelor degree.

Verified from World Education Service, Canada.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by OLAN2015: 4:30pm On May 10, 2023
ShowYoung:

If you had #20m, you had approximately ENOUGH FUND if the total tuition is $32k for two years and not for just 1 year.

You may clarify if the $32k tuition fee is for one or two years.

Spouse should apply for SOWP, children Visit Visa.
Please can you verify mine too. Total tuition fee for 2yrs masters degree is 17,900 CAD which is divided into 13,513 CAD for 1st year and 4,300CAD for 2nd year. I have already paid 13,600 CAD to cover entire first year tuition and has additional 18,000 CAD in bank savings after conversion . I also have annual 9000CAD as university funding support . The area is Lethbridge, Alberta.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by sudo1986: 4:34pm On May 10, 2023
To be sincere, if I have known that GCKey is better, I wouldn't have used the new portal. I thought they said the new portal is better, that is why I used it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by sudo1986: 4:38pm On May 10, 2023
Congratulations madam. I am also going to Queen's University, PhD program in Computing. The school also gave me full funding. However, I only used my personal account with just 470k and the award letter as sponsorship.
Did you use the GCKey? I used the new portal, and i felt like it was a mistake.

ade279:
My Timeline:
Hello everyone. I should have done this sooner.. please pardon me.
I’m mostly a silent participant here, I got my ppr on the 4th. First time applicant.

University: University of Manitoba, PhD, Food Science

Timeline
Upfront Medicals: 25th January, 2023.
Application submission: 16th March 2023.
Biometrics: 23rd March 2023
Correspondence Letter/PPR: April 4,2023.

Documents Submitted asides the IMM forms:

Funding Letter from PhD supervisor
Mybankstatement ticket ID from my Dad (about 1Million)
Conditional Offer of Admission (I hadn't gotten my MSc transcripts and Certificate)
Letter from my department confirming that I have completed my MSc, and attesting to my English Proficiency
MSc Transcript
BSc Transcript and Certificate
Employment Letter
Professional Certifications
Marriage Certificate and Pictures
NIN
Birth Certificate
Husband's Int'l Passport and Birth Certificate
Parents Int'l Passport
Affidavit confirming that my father is my father😁
SOP

I'm really grateful to you all for giving me the courage to make this application. I thought I was going to be denied because of my conditional offer of admission. I've been a quiet reader for a really long time here, so all of you must have helped in one way or another through discussions.

Special thanks to Mr Frank and Ditha.
God bless you!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 4:44pm On May 10, 2023
hardeyeanc:
Hi people of God, I need clarification, I applied for Mpower to find my tuition fee even though I've not applied to the school, I just saw Mpower went through their website and realized Trent University is part of the school they support, I've not submitted my application to Trent University because their tuition deposit is 2500 CAD (non refundable) thats kind of risky to me.. after registering with Mpower I got the attached mail? I want to ask

How has used Mpower financing here before?

1. Are they going to pay the full school fee ( tuition deposit inclusive)

2. Does this mail mean I'm actually qualified to be financed? Or there are still more processes to follow?

3. What IRCC's take on getting this kind of fund, will they honor it and will it increase ones chance of getting visa or not?

4. What do you advise? to go ahead and applied to the school or not it's just for me to pay the application fee but when I saw the non refundable tuition deposit of 2500 CAD I paused.

Thanks in advance

1. Yes they will finance the full tuition and COL if you wish, so long as you meet with the requirements.
2. There are documentation processes to follow, and you have to submit your credit report as well.
3. IRCC do not have issues with it, but you have to state how you will be paying the loan while you are studying and not working.
4. This depends on you, weigh everything and decide on what to do.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Splendid0001: 5:04pm On May 10, 2023
I need a help on how to proceed with my Visa application

I had a name mismatch issue. On applying for Visa last year IRCC team match someone details to my application, maybe due to same surname. I am using two names but the details matched to mine was with a third name. I complain and another application number was issued to me which I used for both biometric and medical.

Now the issue is when I login to my application is the old details that comes up showings cancelled and I can't access the new application number, I also tried linking but not linking. I have sent several emails and filled several web forms

Please I need advice on how to go about it.. need to resume this September 23[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by UtchayPro(f): 5:09pm On May 10, 2023
Hi fam, please what is fastest duration for getting a police clearance certificate? Can it be gotten in a space of one day for example, I just came across an application I need to make but sadly the deadline is in about 5 days.

Please does anyone know how to go about applying for one? If you have a contact there kindly let me know as well. I appreciate it! Thank you so much in anticipation.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Chechem: 5:21pm On May 10, 2023
Hi house,
Please can I make use of my old immigration forms that I used for my previous applicationthat was refused.

The forms I downloaded for my reapplication is not working properly, especially the imm1294e.

Please, whoever has the above form should please send to ejiykzazi2007@yahoo.com for me. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by nnamdi346: 5:28pm On May 10, 2023
sudo1986:
To be sincere, if I have known that GCKey is better, I wouldn't have used the new portal. I thought they said the new portal is better, that is why I used it.

My brother, we never chi chunchin...e come be like say na our application dem dey use dey test the new portal.

I no just fit vex

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Emryyy: 5:34pm On May 10, 2023
Good evening House,please I was denied last year December and I reapplied again this year. Did my upfront medical previously last year October and submitted then.

Today I got this message(client medical report and biodata). What does this mean please. I cropped out my information for safety reasons.

Please see screenshots attached.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by may99(f): 5:43pm On May 10, 2023
Hello,

I have a question. I applied for study permit through GCKey on April 30.

I did my upfront medicals on 8th and uploaded it via webform on the 8th but I am yet to get an acknowledgment.

Today May 10th I got a request for medicals. Is this too fast? Or what’s going on?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Tochskings: 5:52pm On May 10, 2023
Hardeyeanc

Mpower loan is easy to get but the problem is will VO offer visa with mpower loan
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by OLAN2015: 6:05pm On May 10, 2023
Emryyy:
Good evening House,please I was denied last year December and I reapplied again this year. Did my upfront medical previously last year October and submitted then.

Today I got this message(client medical report and biodata). What does this mean please. I cropped out my information for safety reasons.

Please see screenshots attached.
Did you upload the medical report you got last year in your new application for this year?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Emryyy: 6:09pm On May 10, 2023
OLAN2015:

Did you upload the medical report you got last year in your new application for this year?

Yes I did
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CanadaQueen: 6:25pm On May 10, 2023
Hi guys,

1. Please does anyone know a competent lawyer that can write letter to IRCC to contest a refusal?

2. Does anyone know who can do a NOTARIZED affidavit of return

Kindly help. Thanks y'all

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Boobae200: 6:29pm On May 10, 2023
Bobomaigida:

Search on google on how to request for GCMS notes, when you want to request, apply for CBSA GCMS notes, that comes quicker, it will tell you the exact reasons for the refusal.
please how long does the process take. I got a refusal too.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Boobae200: 6:32pm On May 10, 2023
Tochskings:
Hardeyeanc

Mpower loan is easy to get but the problem is will VO offer visa with mpower loan
please can someone throw more light to this mpower loan thing. My sponsor is a business man. He is finding it difficult to keep the POF in his account for 4months without touching it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by pufframmy: 6:39pm On May 10, 2023
CAN you share documents submited?

and how much u use for POF

Ormonor:

Timeline
God did it!!!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ormonor: 6:42pm On May 10, 2023
nnamdi346:

Did you apply using the old or new portal?

Old portal…
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by tenderjunkie: 6:43pm On May 10, 2023
CanadaQueen:
Hi guys,

1. Please does anyone know a competent lawyer that can write letter to IRCC to contest a refusal?

2. Does anyone know who can do a NOTARIZED affidavit of return

Kindly help. Thanks y'all
Notarized Affidavit of return can be done at any high court.

Find attached below

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ormonor: 6:51pm On May 10, 2023
pufframmy:
CAN you share documents submited?

and how much u use for POF

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Gydion(m): 6:59pm On May 10, 2023
Hello guys,

Is there anyone who used the new portal of recent and got a positive decision?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1078) (1079) (1080) (1081) (1082) (1083) (1084) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.