Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,708 members, 7,816,912 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:01 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (1084) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1219796 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1081) (1082) (1083) (1084) (1085) (1086) (1087) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by OtunbaBlack(m): 8:14am On May 11, 2023
Good morning guys, how does one create a gift deed?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by SLOVFO(m): 8:29am On May 11, 2023
Chibzzy789:
My brother got married at a local government in Ibadan in 2013 and would like to go ahead with the Canadian student visa application . He was given a Marriage certificate but when he tried inputting the number on the marriage certificate to the government website last week to check the validity, the number was not in the system. I’m afraid that the Visa officer might face this issue when he submits as well. He’s a little worried for now and would really appreciate any advice or knowledge of this matter please?

Which government website are you talking about here? The Unified local government or federal marriage registries?(ministry of interior)? Even some local government marriage registries are not in their so called Unified local government marriage registries. I had this same confusion when I was processing my visa application too.

The legalisation of statutory marriage is an ongoing issue between the Federal marriage registries and the local government marriage registries. Both claim to be the only authentic one. After going back and forth between the two I opted for the local government marriage registry since it's cheaper and more convenient for me. My friend did the local government one and he is in the USA with his family now. You can Google it and make an informed decision from your deductions.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by SLOVFO(m): 8:31am On May 11, 2023
Ayodeji786:
Hi guys,

Please which visa office is processing our application from Nigeria? I want to submit my upfront medical slip and I do not know which office to direct it the slip to.

Kindle help me share the link for the office we form or email address.

Thank you.

Has IRCC asked for it?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Gentlesoul3268: 8:35am On May 11, 2023
Please don't worry yourself if marriage certificate number or whatever , who tell you that Nigeria as database for those certificates? Even ordinary birth certificate nothing like that.

Stop worry yourself start working on other things, even UK that carry A1 for documents verified they don't bother about Nigeria marriage certificate

SLOVFO:

Which government website are you talking about here? The Unified local government or federal marriage registries?(ministry of interior)? Even some local government marriage registries are not in their so called Unified local government marriage registries. I had this same confusion when I was processing my visa application too.

The legalisation of statutory marriage is an ongoing issue between the Federal marriage registries and the local government marriage registries. Both claim to be the only authentic one. After going back and forth between the two I opted for the local government marriage registry since it's cheaper and more convenient for me. My friend did the local government one and he is in the USA with his family now. You can Google it and make an informed decision from your deductions.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bernice123456: 8:43am On May 11, 2023
hardeyeanc:
Hi people of God, I need clarification, I applied for Mpower to find my tuition fee even though I've not applied to the school, I just saw Mpower went through their website and realized Trent University is part of the school they support, I've not submitted my application to Trent University because their tuition deposit is 2500 CAD (non refundable) thats kind of risky to me.. after registering with Mpower I got the attached mail? I want to ask

How has used Mpower financing here before?

1. Are they going to pay the full school fee ( tuition deposit inclusive)
this depends on the amount you requested for. They may give you the amount you requested for or a little less. No, they will not pay for your tuition deposit.
Note that you first have to apply to school, then get your LOA, use that LOA to apply for loan, Trent tuition deposit most be paid within 2 weeks of acceptance of admission. Mpower doesn't disburse any money to school until you have enrolled at the school. That means you can be approved for a loan however you need to get visa and enroll before the loan is disbursed for you.

2. Does this mail mean I'm actually qualified to be financed? Or there are still more processes to follow?
You still need to provide some documents for your loan to be approved. But it's not as tedious as visa documents.

3. What IRCC's take on getting this kind of fund, will they honor it and will it increase ones chance of getting visa or not?
IRCC honors student loans, I don't know about it "increasing your chance" of getting visa. I know some people on this thread that got visa with mpower loan for Trent university.

4. What do you advise? to go ahead and applied to the school or not it's just for me to pay the application fee but when I saw the non refundable tuition deposit of 2500 CAD I paused.
Lol. It's your choice. Nothing good comes easy. I'm sure if it was that easy, many people would choose this option of not "having any money" and applying for student loan.

Thanks in advance

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by zubizareta(m): 8:50am On May 11, 2023
Chibzzy789:
My brother got married at a local government in Ibadan in 2013 and would like to go ahead with the Canadian student visa application . He was given a Marriage certificate but when he tried inputting the number on the marriage certificate to the government website last week to check the validity, the number was not in the system. I’m afraid that the Visa officer might face this issue when he submits as well. He’s a little worried for now and would really appreciate any advice or knowledge of this matter please?

He shouldn't stress himself. He should just submit the wedding certificate He has along with wedding and family pictures if he has kids.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 8:51am On May 11, 2023
Boobae200:
please how long does the process take. I got a refusal too.

It takes about 30 days
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CanadaQueen: 8:51am On May 11, 2023
Please, if I want to state that my parent gave me a house to start an NGO when I return from Canada, would it be OK if my mum writes a letter and sign alone or how else can I prove that?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by OLAMINREWA(m): 8:56am On May 11, 2023
Ayodeji786:
Hi guys,

Please which visa office is processing our application from Nigeria? I want to submit my upfront medical slip and I do not know which office to direct it the slip to.

Kindle help me share the link for the office we form or email address.

Thank you.

Most likely, Nairobi.. channel your energy there

GoodLuck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Kalclinton: 9:43am On May 11, 2023
Ormonor:

I used a sponsor(my sister)

Documents submitted
Letter of explanation/sop
CV
Uni Cert
Nysc Cert
Professional Cert(COREN)
Leave letter
Letter of Recommendation from work
Police Clearance.
School fees receipt(paid 1st semester)

Sponsor’s document submitted
Letter of Sponsorship
Affidavit of sponsorship
Submitted 2 pics(childhood photo and her wedding day photo)
Change of name(prove that she’s my sister, that her last name changed due to marriage).
Bank statement(10million)
International passport
Work ID card.

Please can you share your SOP statement of purpose or Letter of explanation like you called it so that i can know how to go about mine using yours as a template or guide
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Kalclinton: 9:52am On May 11, 2023
jaiyeola007:
Good evening guys.

I have been a silent reader here over the years, and I want to share my testimony from all ideas I have gotten here. Self- sponsored application going for a one year program.

Upfront medicals done: March 27th
Application submitted: April 22nd
Biometrics: April 27th
Medicals Passed: May 9th
Correspondence Letter: May 9th
Passport Request: May 9th

Documents submitted
All imm forms
Bank statement of up to 12M
First semester tuition fully paid
Business certificate
Receipts from business
Landed properties documents
Statement of purpose
Birth certificate
NySC discharge certificate
Professional certifications
Parents marriage certificate
Pictures with families.

Please let’s keep this page active and help ourselves by sharing our success stories as it could motivate people too as well. Canada is big enough to accommodate everyone.

I have been on this thread asking questions for my friends that applied and this thread has never disappointed.

I wish everyone expecting their response success and good news. May our expectations not be cut short.

Peace.
Pls can u share your statement of purpose so that i can use as a guide or template while writing mine as I'm about to submit my very own application
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by SLOVFO(m): 10:00am On May 11, 2023
Kalclinton:

Pls can u share your statement of purpose so that i can use as a guide or template while writing mine as I'm about to submit my very own application

Go online and YouTube you will find samples of SOP and use them to tell your own story.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Kalclinton: 10:09am On May 11, 2023
Please is there any other way to apply for this GCMS-note
I've tried all through yesterday but i never get to go past the payment page it just keep loading saying processing

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by kobobay(m): 10:12am On May 11, 2023
I sent my passport to Abuja on Monday, it was received yesterday at 9:42 am. Meanwhile, I did biometrics in Lagos, paid the transmission fee, printed the evidence of payment, and also One Way Courier evidence payment too.

My question is, how long will it take to get my passport back?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by EyinjuGod(f): 10:14am On May 11, 2023
SLOVFO:

Congratulations. God is good.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by kobobay(m): 10:15am On May 11, 2023
Kalclinton:
I've tried all through yesterday but I never get to go past the payment page it just keeps loading saying processing

What was the reason for the visa refusal? I did not apply for GCMS, and I got the visa on the second application.

I am not saying you should not apply for it, it is good. But there are people here that will interpret the reasons for your visa refusal based on the letter given to you on that paper.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by kobobay(m): 10:17am On May 11, 2023
Kalclinton:

Pls can u share your statement of purpose so that i can use it as a guide or template while writing mine as I'm about to submit my very own application

Someone here had shared there with me, and I used that to write my own story. I can share it with you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Kalclinton: 10:20am On May 11, 2023
kobobay:

What was the reason for the visa refusal? I did not apply for GCMS, and I got the visa on the second application.

I am not saying you should not apply for it, it is good. But there are people here that will interpret the reasons for your visa refusal based on the letter given to you on that paper.

This is my letter
I will be grateful if you can tell me what you did differently the. 2nd time. You applied or if you can share the list of the kind of documents you submitted
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Kalclinton: 10:22am On May 11, 2023
kobobay:

Someone here had shared there with me, and I used that to write my own story. I can share it with you.

Yes please kindly share it with me
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by kobobay(m): 10:47am On May 11, 2023
Kalclinton:

This is my letter
I will be grateful if you can tell me what you did differently the. 2nd time. You applied or if you can share the list of the kind of documents you submitted

Be careful of how you share your information online. This is a public forum

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by 2kurupt(m): 10:48am On May 11, 2023
Willie3040:

Thank you for your response. And how can I get this?
Open a dom account or ask someone you know with one to pay for you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pepman: 11:01am On May 11, 2023
Please delete the letter. Then use marker to erase your names, UCI and application no before attaching it. Those info shouldn’t be posted in public domain like this.

Kalclinton:

This is my letter

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CanadaQueen: 11:52am On May 11, 2023
I think gcms can only be requested by people in Canada or Canadian citizens/PR. Its just $5.

Maybe that's why you couldn't process it. My thoughts though

Kalclinton:
I've tried all through yesterday but i never get to go past the payment page it just keep loading saying processing
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CanadaQueen: 11:53am On May 11, 2023
I co-ask

OtunbaBlack:
Good morning guys, how does one create a gift deed?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CanadaQueen: 11:54am On May 11, 2023
Guys please I need affidavit of return. How much is it pls? A notarized one
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by otunbadan(m): 12:05pm On May 11, 2023
Marvelebose:
Please is there anyone going to Holland college in September?

Hello

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by jaydave: 12:23pm On May 11, 2023
CanadaQueen:
I think gcms can only be requested by people in Canada or Canadian citizens/PR. Its just $5.

Maybe that's why you couldn't process it. My thoughts though

No .. anyone can request for it .. I requested for mine twice for free on ATIP https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do
Follow all the instructions and processes . Choose cbsa gcms instead of ircc gcms cos cbsa delivers note in less dan 30days
Can u see dat foreign nationals outside Canada can request but it’s privacy act only

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Tucode: 12:24pm On May 11, 2023
Hello house… Please is anyone going to Thompson Rivers University this September? Or is there anyone who is already schooling there? My study visa has just been approved and I’ll like to connect with someone already there or who is going there so that I can make some enquiries. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CuriousGeorge: 1:04pm On May 11, 2023
Tucode:
Hello house… Please is anyone going to Thompson Rivers University this September? Or is there anyone who is already schooling there? My study visa has just been approved and I’ll like to connect with someone already there or who is going there so that I can make some enquiries. Thanks

Are you going for masters program? Did you do the whole admission process and visa application process urself? Please can you put me through

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CuriousGeorge: 1:11pm On May 11, 2023
Good morning everyone
Please I need assistance,on a school that offers post graduate diploma or masters with low tuition first payment.I need help on how to go about applying for admission and processing visa
Please I need guidance from someone,1on1 guidance I don’t mind paying from the little I have.I am getting frustrated..all I have is 3million and a sponsor for proof of funds..m a female,26 this year.Please someone shld assist me send an email or drop a number…please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by SandyDandy: 1:14pm On May 11, 2023
Greetings
Please what is the chances of getting students visa with your family, like family of 5. My Sister said the chances is 20% chances.

Or is better to apply alone first
Please someone should help me and answer me
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Gydion(m): 1:28pm On May 11, 2023
SandyDandy:
Greetings
Please what is the chances of getting students visa with your family, like family of 5. My Sister said the chances is 20% chances.

Or is better to apply alone first
Please someone should help me and answer me

Better apply alone first.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1081) (1082) (1083) (1084) (1085) (1086) (1087) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.