Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,387 members, 7,836,559 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:50 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (1129) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1249303 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1126) (1127) (1128) (1129) (1130) (1131) (1132) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Queenslee(f): 12:25pm On May 25, 2023
Marvelebose:
My dad will be sponsoring my studies
Please what documents to i need to show
So they will be convinced that we are actually related

I don't know much but
Birth certificate
Receipts of payment on your behalf in the past
Maybe even show transactions in your statement of Account, showing him sending you funds for upkeep or anything like that
Parent/Guardians sponsor Note or Affidavit

Experienced people reply you soon
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by zubizareta(m): 12:31pm On May 25, 2023
Marvelebose:
My dad will be sponsoring my studies
Please what documents to i need to show
So they will be convinced that we are actually related
Your birth certificate
Family pictures showing u and your dad
Notarized letter of sponsorship.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Haychay(m): 12:44pm On May 25, 2023
Guys please I have a very important question to ask

I have an admission in Fleming College to study Project Management 1 year program(Graduate Certificate), I also have an admission to study Civil Engineering Technology 3 years (Ontario College Advanced Diploma) . The issue I am having is that I already have a Bsc degree in Building Technology, I graduated in 2016 and I have been working as a structural engineer for over 5 years now.

Which of this courses has a higher chances to be granted a study permit? I'm considering the Graduate certificate because its cheap and less longer. Also is it advisable to use a Mortgage Bank statement for POF

Whats your advice please?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by iwale: 12:54pm On May 25, 2023
Good day bro,pls i want get a clarification from you concernin the yellow paper being given at VFS,curs my study permit is still on while my visit visa as just being granted so i want to go for the visit visa stamping first before the study Permit, so i want to know how am going to go about the yellow paper which is only one with me and they are going to collect it,so how am i going to go about it,when am going for my study permit, pls kindly explain what to do pls.
zubizareta:

Your birth certificate
Family pictures showing u and your dad
Notarized letter of sponsorship.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bamz555: 1:00pm On May 25, 2023
ShowYoung:

@zubizareta thank you for your expantiation:

I think I may be able to make @Bamz555 understand better.

@Bamz555
I will tell you here with 100% confidence that irrespective of your financial or social status, you cannot stay for more than six months at once on a visitor visa without becoming illegal.

If you want to dispute this, kindly name one person with evidence who has successfully stayed beyond 6 months at one visit on visitor visa without being declared illegal.

@Bamz555
I need to make you understand how visitor visa works. If you apply for a visitor visa, you will be issued a 2-year or 5-year visa: during this 5 years, you can only stay for 6 months at one visit and go back to your country or elsewhere, you must wait for another 6 months outside of Canada before you can visit again to spend another six months.

If you maintain good use of the visa without abuse and after five years when the visa must have expired, you will be issued 10 year visa on reapplication. This is how you will be coming to spend 6 months at a time until you exhaust the 10 years.

This is how it is for the US visitor visa too.

People do get Canada visitor visa and a visitor visa in the US, the UK or Europe; when they stay for 6 months in Canada, they will travel to either the US, the UK or Europe to spend another six months. This is how they will be shuttling it which will make them seem they don't come back to Nigeria at all.

Your aunt had once got 5 years visitor visa and she has been abiding by the conditions of the visa, this is why she got another 10 years. You may want to ask your Aunt how she does it for better understanding.

Another possibility is your aunt may not even be on visitor visa when you are thinking she is still operating on a visitor visa.

I hope you understand.
Very well then. No further argument
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Gentlesoul3268: 1:11pm On May 25, 2023
Length of visitor visa determine the validity of your int passport if you have 10 years validity they will issue 10year or if your int passport validity is 5 month that's the visa you will be issue.

Bamz555:

Very well then. No further argument
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Hotunbar007: 1:37pm On May 25, 2023
Good day, I want to start my study visa application and I’ll like to know what my chances are if apply as self sponsor or I use my uncle company for sponsorship. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by zubizareta(m): 1:38pm On May 25, 2023
iwale:
Good day bro,pls i want get a clarification from you concernin the yellow paper being given at VFS,curs my study permit is still on while my visit visa as just being granted so i want to go for the visit visa stamping first before the study Permit, so i want to know how am going to go about the yellow paper which is only one with me and they are going to collect it,so how am i going to go about it,when am going for my study permit, pls kindly explain what to do pls.

I was told to pay 9,930 or so when I went to submit for study permit after they had collected it for visit visa submission. Infact the Lady told me for every subsequent new application you want to submit passport for, you will pay the 9,930.

But if you haven't submitted it yet for visit visa, make a photocopy of that yellow slip though I doubt it would change anything from what the lady told me.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by skills50(m): 1:47pm On May 25, 2023
Pls I'm trying to pay for my application fee, Western University gave option of paying using credit card (I used Naira card but I didn't go through). They also gave an option of paying through Money order or Bank Draft, I want to enquire if the payment can go through if I go to the bank and use the Money order option? Thanks in anticipation.

zubizareta:

I was told to pay 9,930 or so when I went to submit for study permit after they had collected it for visit visa submission. Infact the Lady told me for every subsequent new application you want to submit passport for, you will pay the 9,930.

But if you haven't submitted it yet for visit visa, make a photocopy of that yellow slip though I doubt it would change anything from what the lady told me.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by zubizareta(m): 1:55pm On May 25, 2023
Hotunbar007:
Good day, I want to start my study visa application and I’ll like to know what my chances are if apply as self sponsor or I use my uncle company for sponsorship. Thanks

If you have been employed or business owner for a while, then it makes sense being atleast sponsoring yourself as a co sponsor. Using your uncle company will not be easy. Proving relationship with him is already a huge task let alone adding him using his company acct.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by zubizareta(m): 1:56pm On May 25, 2023
skills50:
Pls I'm trying to pay for my application fee, Western University gave option of paying using credit card (I used Naira card but I didn't go through). They also gave an option of paying through Money order or Bank Draft, I want to enquire if the payment can go through if I go to the bank and use the Money order option? Thanks in anticipation.

Dunno about these financial transactions. Hopefully someone with similar experience responds
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by skills50(m): 1:58pm On May 25, 2023
Alright, thanks for the response.

zubizareta:

Dunno about these financial transactions. Hopefully someone with similar experience responds
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by TradeSunMoore: 2:29pm On May 25, 2023
Queenslee:

I don't know much but
Birth certificate
Receipts of payment on your behalf in the past
Maybe even show transactions in your statement of Account, showing him sending you funds for upkeep or anything like that
Parent/Guardians sponsor Note or Affidavit

Experienced people reply you soon
Well said. Birth certificate, Letter of sponsorship and the notarized affidavit of support is key.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Glock22: 2:46pm On May 25, 2023
Muslimahxo:

That's the thing, the admission is only valid for this fall. And its a nursing program, the bsn programs always start in the fall. I considered going through the practical nursing route that starts in winter but all the colleges i checked don't accept intl students.

Raise a web form request on your previous application, let them know you’re supposed to start school this fall. Send them your admission letter.

You may also start another application for study permit, since you already have a UCI, medicals and biometrics on file, it may trigger the other application to be looked at again.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Glock22: 2:53pm On May 25, 2023
skills50:

I think they meant Canadian bank drafts or money order.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Hotunbar007: 3:06pm On May 25, 2023
zubizareta:

If you have been employed or business owner for a while, then it makes sense being atleast sponsoring yourself as a co sponsor. Using your uncle company will not be easy. Proving relationship with him is already a huge task let alone adding him using his company acct.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by skills50(m): 3:07pm On May 25, 2023
Yes, can I process it with banks here in Nigeria?

Glock22:

I think they meant Canadian bank drafts or money order.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by MumiOlivia: 3:18pm On May 25, 2023
batros:
Hello.
I wish to move to Canada, specifically, for study.
Pls, I would like to know how I can do that legally.
Pls, help me.

First of all.. Choose a school and apply.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by MumiOlivia: 3:22pm On May 25, 2023
skills50:

Download Chipper app. Register and use their USD virtual card to make payment.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ShowYoung: 3:24pm On May 25, 2023
zubizareta:

I want to correct the place you mentioned the length of visit visa issued. Visit visa is simply issued according to the validity of your biometrics and your passport. Even if you are a first time applicant, once you have a biometrics validity of 10 years and a 10 years passport, if your visa is approved, you will get the 10 years. It's simple. If you have a passport validity of 10 years and biometrics validity of 1 year, your visit visa will be for 1 year.

You may be correct for Canada and some countries but not all countries issue 10 year visa for the first time: some start with 5 years. I know the US don't issue 10 year visitor visa for the first time back in the early 2000s, perhaps they've started now.

I was only trying to be flexible with his answer because he mentioned another country than Canada.

Also, for Canada, conditions vary; Canada has Multiple Entry and Single Entry (which can never be 10 years). They are all tied to conditions.

All the same, I hope we have been able to educate not just @Bamz555 on some things but also many others.

Thank you for your input.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by skills50(m): 3:28pm On May 25, 2023
MumiOlivia:

Download Chipper app. Register and use their USD virtual card to make payment.

Alright, thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Purpleivy(f): 3:51pm On May 25, 2023
Queenslee:
Hi

I've been following the thread for many years now and I'm ready to get started.

Anyone applying for admissions at this time? I would like us to share ideas regularly during the course of applying to schools.

[color=#006600][/color]
Hello Queenlee, can we get started together if you don’t mind. I want to start application for January 2024.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Purpleivy(f): 3:59pm On May 25, 2023
Hello everyone, I’ve taken the bold step to start my application myself for January 2024. I have B.sc in Business Administration, graduated 2016, please is it ok to apply for 2years Diploma program or Advanced Diploma?

Please I will need all the support I can get and if there is anyone that can guide me and go on this journey with me to achieve my dream, I will sincerely appreciate it.
Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ShowYoung: 4:15pm On May 25, 2023
Purpleivy:
Hello everyone, I’ve taken the bold step to start my application myself for January 2024. I have B.sc in Business Administration, graduated 2016, please is it ok to apply for 2years Diploma program or Advanced Diploma?

Please I will need all the support I can get and if there is anyone that can guide me and go on this journey with me to achieve my dream, I will sincerely appreciate it.
Thank you.

There are conditions to choosing the level of education you want to go for in order to eliminate some risks.

You need to consider two things-- Academic Progression and Career Progression.

You graduated 7 years ago, you should focus more on career progression because your new reality is your job and career: you also need to take cognizance of your educational level and the level you want to apply to.

You will want to ask yourself the followings:
1. Is the Diploma or Advance Diploma not lower to your Bachelor's degree?
2. Is the course related to your job/career or your educational background?
3. Why are you going for a lower educational level when you already have a bachelor's degree?
4. How important is the course to your growth either academically or professionally?

These questions are vital to determining how to eliminate refusal to a great extent.

People with master's degree had sought admission into diploma courses and were granted visa in the past. This was possible because they were able to answer the above three questions logically and beyond reasonable doubts.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by MercyF: 4:19pm On May 25, 2023
MercyF:
Please if an agent is helping you with the application, is is it that the school won’t contact u at all but everything would be done via the agent? Cos I haven’t gotten any mail from the school..the agent is the one in communication, filling the form and all..I got admission to Fleming college, September 2023 intake..just want to be sure I’m not being scammed..although my Medicals is next week at Qlife..please what do I need to look out for to ensure I am on track even if I am using an agent.

Please any help with this

Any help with this please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by iwale: 4:42pm On May 25, 2023
Ok bro thanks for the clarification really appreciate.
zubizareta:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Purpleivy(f): 4:47pm On May 25, 2023
ShowYoung:

There are conditions to choosing the level of education you want to go for in order to eliminate some risks.

You need to consider two things-- Academic Progression and Career Progression.

You graduated 7 years ago, you should focus more on career progression because your new reality is your job and career: you also need to take cognizance of your educational level and the level you want to apply to.

You will want to ask yourself the followings:
1. Is the Diploma or Advance Diploma not lower to your Bachelor's degree?
2. Is the course related to your job/career or your educational background?
3. Why are you going for a lower educational level when you already have a bachelor's degree?
4. How important is the course to your growth either academically or professionally?

These questions are vital to determining how to eliminate refusal to a great extent.

People with master's degree had sought admission into diploma courses and were granted visa in the past. This was possible because they were able to answer the above three questions logically and beyond reasonable doubts.

Thank you for your response. I think I mistook Post graduate diploma for Advanced diploma. I meant post graduate diploma. By the way I have experience in the Hospitality industry. I am looking at a program in Hospitality, Tourism or Restaurant Operations.
Please can you give any advice on this program with regards to PGWP and employment opportunities after graduation.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by mfonox: 4:58pm On May 25, 2023
Good day all,

Asking for a friend. His Nigerian drivers license expires in November this year and he wants to get in international drivers license to travel to Canada to school that same November/December

He doesn’t want to renew his Nigerian drivers license and just get an international drivers license. Does he need both a valid Nigerian license or just the international drivers license to drive in Canada for a while?

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by OLAMINREWA(m): 5:38pm On May 25, 2023
Hotunbar007:

Self sponsor yourself if you have the funds... You stand better chances.

Regards
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Kenelly(f): 5:40pm On May 25, 2023
For my payments, I used a virtual dollar card on "Klasha" and it was very easy and seamless.
Just download the app, check how much their naira to dollar rate is, fund your account with the naira equivalent then fund your dollar card. They'll show you the card details and you'll be able to make any payments easily.
Hope this helps, goodluck : )

skills50:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by OLAMINREWA(m): 5:43pm On May 25, 2023
skills50:

Application fee for what? Admission or visa?

Whichever you want to pay for, please note that such payment cannot be made through naira card due to CBN policies. Your best bet is to get a dollar card, fund through black market and make your payment accordingly. Also some other means too have been mentioned here severally. Just scroll back a bit.

Regards
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by skills50(m): 5:49pm On May 25, 2023
Kenelly:
For my payments, I used a virtual dollar card on "Klasha" and it was very easy and seamless.
Just download the app, check how much their naira to dollar rate is, fund your account with the naira equivalent then fund your dollar card. They'll show you the card details and you'll be able to make any payments easily.
Hope this helps, goodluck : )

Alright, thanks for the response.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1126) (1127) (1128) (1129) (1130) (1131) (1132) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.