Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,751 members, 7,813,471 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:41 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (1201) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1215627 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1198) (1199) (1200) (1201) (1202) (1203) (1204) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CoalSilver006: 9:04am On Jun 16, 2023
Okay send me an email
prettyaura:
hello dear, i am resuming for winter jan 8 2024..lets talk.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bamz555: 9:27am On Jun 16, 2023
Luada:
Hey guys just wanted to ask if I can use my dad friend actually a distant relative as a sponsor and how do we submit his bank statement, do I get it from him and submit or does it by his self what do I do and what other document should I ask for and how do we submit them too Thanks for help in advance.
Yes u can, might be nice if u claim he’s an uncle, try to explain strong connection with him as an uncle. If u have old pictures with him that will help but if not, new pictures won’t be bad. U have to explain convincingly why he’s sponsoring u and if he has done this in any way in the time past. Then u have to provide his SOA and establish his source of income.
Yes he can do MBS or give u d statement himself. Whenever u get SOA get make sure u get Reference Letter from bank also it really helps
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by kobobay(m): 9:29am On Jun 16, 2023
nnamdi346:

When did you initiate this Form A and which Bank? Mine is 4 weeks now

Have you been charged?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Luada(m): 9:48am On Jun 16, 2023
Bamz555:

Yes u can, might be nice if u claim he’s an uncle, try to explain strong connection with him as an uncle. If u have old pictures with him that will help but if not, new pictures won’t be bad. U have to explain convincingly why he’s sponsoring u and if he has done this in any way in the time past. Then u have to provide his SOA and establish his source of income.
Yes he can do MBS or give u d statement himself. Whenever u get SOA get make sure u get Reference Letter from bank also it really helps

Ok u made mention that I should state why his sponsoring me in my SOP right and the MBS will I Submit it or him and is they any need of submitting his international passport or can I do without it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by kweje: 9:49am On Jun 16, 2023
Hi Fam,
In using Flywire to pay tuition deposit,
Does paying using the Naira card work so you pay in NGN currency?
Tried the dollar card yesterday, the payment failed?

What is the best option?

Inputs please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Teettyllayho: 9:50am On Jun 16, 2023
shapman:

Use payday card.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Haychay(m): 9:53am On Jun 16, 2023
A semester fee is the initial deposit. Im considering paying it
COdeGenesis:

What's the initial deposit for Fleming college?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Gentlesoul3268: 9:53am On Jun 16, 2023
Please urgently I'm inside the bank, which Canada embassy address I mine going to address mybankstatement too?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by kweje: 10:00am On Jun 16, 2023
Gentlesoul3268:
Please urgently I'm inside the bank, which Canada embassy address I mine going to address mybankstatement too?

Canada Embassy Nigeria
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Kenelly(f): 10:00am On Jun 16, 2023
It's not wrong information, you can use MBS instead of a normal bank statement cause it makes things less bulky but it's not advisable because some people have been denied visa simply because the visa officer could not access the bank statement through the MBS. Just to be safe, I wouldn't advice anyone to just submit a MBS.

Yes, people have gotten their visa in 2-3 weeks without the express stream but people in a hurry (like myself, I started late so I had just a month to gather documents and submit) need the express stream, and that 2-3 weeks thing is a gamble, it can very easily be 2-3 months (I forbid it for everyone).

Yes the express stream works perfectly, they don't exceed 20 days

kweje:

I don’t think this is correct information. MyBankStatement is simply the form of statement sent digitally to the embassy so you don’t need to upload bulky pages of scanned bank statements.

I used it for my ward, a 5 month period. She is Canada since last year.
My niece just used it for a 4 month period.. submitted her application May 25th, did her biometrics June 1st, got her PPR June 12, 2023.

A lot of other people have used it on the platform.

Please applicants with bulky pages of Statement of accounts is advisable you use MBS.

Does Nigerian Student Express still work? people with out 12 months statements or IELTS have been getting PPR in 2-3weeks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Kenelly(f): 10:04am On Jun 16, 2023
I didn't say it's for the express stream alone.

I meant, IF you're using it for Student Express Stream, then it has to be 12 months cause that's what is requested

Goldentony2nice:
MBS is not for Student Express Stream alone. In fact it’s for authenticity sake and clarity. The fact that your bank communicates with the embassy directly makes it easily verified. My wife and children submitted my personal savings bank account MBS ticket of 5 months as part of POF for their study visas late last year. They were not on student express stream.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CoalSilver006: 10:08am On Jun 16, 2023
Is there anyone resuming for fall semester 2023 September in conestoga college downtown Kitchener campus let’s pair-up and get an apartment together..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by navidennis: 10:09am On Jun 16, 2023
Guys please I need guidance on how to submit passport using courier to Abj passport office. My bio was done in Lagos.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Luada(m): 10:12am On Jun 16, 2023
Ok have questions the MBS how do one send it to the embassy cause I thought you get it through the bank app if am not mistaken.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Dessymond394: 10:33am On Jun 16, 2023
Do you think this new rate would affect pple that had already applied before june 15 cos 13m before june 15th was about 37000cad but as the rate went up now 13m is now 27,000Cad.. so the issue now is if IRCC would use the old rate of 345 for pple that applied bfr the change of rate
Accessed:

This rate indicates N485 to 1CAD for Jun 15th. That's a jump from N349 it indicated on the 14th.

Also, Oanda jumped to N379 to 1 CAD from the N349 the previous day.

I hope IRCC will not expect applicants to start using these figures as the basis for computing POF.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by kweje: 10:38am On Jun 16, 2023
Please in -person submission of passport in Abuja, do you need to book an appointment on VFS?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by kweje: 10:47am On Jun 16, 2023
Luada:
Ok have questions the MBS how do one send it to the embassy cause I thought you get it through the bank app if am not mistaken.
When the bank processes your MBS, you will be given a 1 page print out with a ticket number (like a passcode) on it. That is what you attach to your proof of funds documents.
With the ticket number, the embassy can access the statement of account.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by TheAmazingMan: 11:01am On Jun 16, 2023
Hello Everyone , I have a question regarding the choice between Conestoga and Fanshawe - which is preferable .

A friend of mine is interested in attending Fanshaw, but they only offer a general project management course.

On the other hand, Conestoga offers both project management and IT project management, which is the course my friend is specifically interested in.

Considering its both a year course each

I would greatly appreciate some experienced advice on this matter. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by nnamdi346: 11:10am On Jun 16, 2023
kobobay:

Have you been charged?

Not yet
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bamz555: 11:28am On Jun 16, 2023
Luada:

Ok u made mention that I should state why his sponsoring me in my SOP right and the MBS will I Submit it or him and is they any need of submitting his international passport or can I do without it
1. Yes u have to explain why someone who is not ur parent would want to abandon their own responsibilities and sponsor u
2. Either of u can submit it
Yes u can submit his intl passport e go make sense
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Adetumbi: 11:56am On Jun 16, 2023
Hello, pl ase have anyone used convera to make payment before, is it cheaper?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by nnamdi346: 12:03pm On Jun 16, 2023
Why rate CBN wan use like this for Form A applicants? Not new applicants.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Lordjones: 12:23pm On Jun 16, 2023
Hello house,

Pls I can one use self sponsorship (both paid employment and personal employment) to submit Canada student visa application.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by vivienpaddy: 12:24pm On Jun 16, 2023
House help me.I got an offer to study Mkting in canada and am the head of market dept in my working place(Microfinace bank) which my father is one of the directors of the bank.I used the bank as my sponsor,they wrote introduction letter,recommendation and sponsorship letter with affidavit of support and i showed pof of 23m,i was refused.I ordered for a gcms note since Oct 22 i didnt see it till today being june 2023.I applied again for my study permit i used my work place again in jan 2023 with am immigration lawyer in canada with the whole documents i used b4 bt my pof was abt N200m but i was still refused.The lawyer ordered for gcms note since feb 2023 it has not arrived.Any advice on what to do.The lawyer gave me the tracking number but i dnt knw to track it.
Someone adviced i shd not use the company acc.
Now am planning to use my father as my sponsor.
I have paid my first semester tuition fee and my father wants to send N7m to my account can it fly? I have a gift of deed of a duplex i got from my father when i got married.I will also show my dad's soa,landed documents and house documents.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by zubizareta(m): 12:33pm On Jun 16, 2023
vivienpaddy:
House help me.I got an offer to study Mkting in canada and am the head of market dept in my working place(Microfinace bank) which my father is one of the directors of the bank.I used the bank as my sponsor,they wrote introduction letter,recommendation and sponsorship letter with affidavit of support and i showed pof of 23m,i was refused.I ordered for a gcms note since Oct 22 i didnt see it till today being june 2023.I applied again for my study permit i used my work place again in jan 2023 with am immigration lawyer in canada with the whole documents i used b4 bt my pof was abt N200m but i was still refused.The lawyer ordered for gcms note since feb 2023 it has not arrived.Any advice on what to do.The lawyer gave me the tracking number but i dnt knw to track it.
Someone adviced i shd not use the company acc.
Now am planning to use my father as my sponsor.
I have paid my first semester tuition fee and my father wants to send N7m to my account can it fly? I have a gift of deed of a duplex i got from my father when i got married.I will also show my dad's soa,landed documents and house documents.

I guess you have been using the microfinance bank as your SOA. That's a huge red flag. So that immigration lawyer can't advise you otherwise.
I will advise you use a regular personal acct of yourself and your dad.
It will also be a red flag as a head of marketing dept, your dad or even company acct will be your full sponsor. .finally, you that has been working, did you submit your payslips,.employment letter, study leave, etc?
Also what's your home and economic ties

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Luada(m): 12:38pm On Jun 16, 2023
kweje:

When the bank processes your MBS, you will be given a 1 page print out with a ticket number (like a passcode) on it. That is what you attach to your proof of funds documents.
With the ticket number, the embassy can access the statement of account.

Ok how do I get my MBS isn't through the bank app
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by prettyaura: 1:08pm On Jun 16, 2023
Teettyllayho:

Hello Prettyaura, when did you apply to Conestoga. I tried applying for January intake but it seems to be filled up. Also, I've tried applying to other colleges but my card keeps getting declined. How did you make your payment please?
hello dear, i applied in january and sure january is full except but may 2024 is available.as for payment, my sister in canada made the payment for me.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Tcrown2020(f): 1:09pm On Jun 16, 2023
Kenelly:
It's not wrong information, you can use MBS instead of a normal bank statement cause it makes things less bulky but it's not advisable because some people have been denied visa simply because the visa officer could not access the bank statement through the MBS. Just to be safe, I wouldn't advice anyone to just submit a MBS.

Yes, people have gotten their visa in 2-3 weeks without the express stream but people in a hurry (like myself, I started late so I had just a month to gather documents and submit) need the express stream, and that 2-3 weeks thing is a gamble, it can very easily be 2-3 months (I forbid it for everyone).

Yes the express stream works perfectly, they don't exceed 20 days

Yes, MBS is preferable

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Tcrown2020(f): 1:13pm On Jun 16, 2023
[quote author=Tcrown2020 post=123834643][/quote
My people with this floating of Fx at I & E window . & exchange rate of 705/$ . How does this affect those of us paying school fees ?
Shall we still be using Cbn portal for form A or we just approach our banks & they se to us at any rate they want?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobbysho: 1:20pm On Jun 16, 2023
@olokings: Please I want to ask a question. Please did you have to apply for study permit for the minor that US citizen? What did you don't the bother ipon arrival? I will appreciate your response please. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ActivatedDreams: 1:53pm On Jun 16, 2023
AdesheO:
This was actually why I added my sister as well because I felt leaving it out was material. I had also done research on caselaw (in situations where visa was rejected based on strong ties) regarding listing a sibling in an application for study permit and judges had in all instances ruled that ties in canada should not be used as a negative evaluation factor. I also wrote a strong SOP as well given that I was a frontline covid healthcare worker the intended course was to build on that.

Why did you even mention she is in canada. You could have just said your sister will be sponsoring you and you have attached a proof of your relationship along ise with her bank statement, payslips and employment letter.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by TheAmazingMan: 1:55pm On Jun 16, 2023
Please can someone help me with this?, I will really be grateful
TheAmazingMan:
Hello Everyone , I have a question regarding the choice between Conestoga and Fanshawe - which is preferable .

A friend of mine is interested in attending Fanshaw, but they only offer a general project management course.

On the other hand, Conestoga offers both project management and IT project management, which is the course my friend is specifically interested in.

Considering its both a year course each

I would greatly appreciate some experienced advice on this matter. Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1198) (1199) (1200) (1201) (1202) (1203) (1204) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.