Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,682 members, 7,813,270 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:58 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (1202) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1215489 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1199) (1200) (1201) (1202) (1203) (1204) (1205) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Luada(m): 2:04pm On Jun 16, 2023
Am getting confused about this visa application so if I am using a relative my dad friend as a sponsor thou he is not actually sponsoring me it just to get the visa do I need to show relationship and the MBS how do I get it and how will the VO access it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 2:18pm On Jun 16, 2023
Luada:
Am getting confused about this visa application so if I am using a relative my dad friend as a sponsor thou he is not actually sponsoring me it just to get the visa do I need to show relationship and the MBS how do I get it and how will the VO access it

You are thinking about circumventing the system, they are thinking of preventing circumvention. That is why they request you to show proofs of the person who is sponsoring you, his income sources, his commitment to you financially and his relationship to you. No one can just bring someone and say he is my sponsor even if the person has 1Bn in his account. They will bounce the application.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Mikhaelstar: 2:19pm On Jun 16, 2023
GloriaBekee:
Please oooo who has used dhl or ups for passport submission,, I need help with it

09038688420 whatsapp
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 2:20pm On Jun 16, 2023
TheAmazingMan:
Please can someone help me with this?, I will really be grateful

Your friend already has a choice, let him/her go for the one he is comfortable with and can afford.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by IamAlexander: 2:46pm On Jun 16, 2023
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ayobamiaz: 3:02pm On Jun 16, 2023
nnamdi346:
Why rate CBN wan use like this for Form A applicants? Not new applicants.
My thought though if you submit before june15th and your process has been approved I think that should go with the old rate which I hope so cuz mine has been approved and the funds has already been blocked from my account
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Agodu: 3:08pm On Jun 16, 2023
Ayobamiaz:

My thought though if you submit before june15th and your process has been approved I think that should go with the old rate which I hope so cuz mine has been approved and the funds has already been blocked from my account
Have you been debited the cbn charges? Cus I was debited the charges since June 9 but still waiting for the actual disbursements.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ekeowacollins01: 3:12pm On Jun 16, 2023
Please while applying for study Permit using the ircc secured portal i.e Gckey...how do I sign the Application and family information forms...do I need to print it out and sign then scan back before uploading?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Joedave25: 3:22pm On Jun 16, 2023
Joedave25:
My spouse biometric collection letter is yet to drop since June 11, she submitted her application .who else is experiencing same? Does it take these long?

Is anyone experiencing same with me guys?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ShowYoung: 3:26pm On Jun 16, 2023
kweje:

IRCC has its own exchange rate. POF is not calculated at our rates.
Check the link https://www.tpsgc-pwgsc.gc.ca/cgi-bin/recgen/er.pl?Language=E

I stand to be corrected.

Thank you for this. Kindly let me add to it.

IRCC uses official CBN exchange rate in calculating theirs. The rate shown by IRCC is the same as that of CBN.

As of now, USD 1/NGN 588.95. and USD 1/CAD 1.31.
If you use those rates above, you will arrive at NGN 1 = CAD 0.0022 or NGN 485 = 1 CAD.

The same thing is reflected on IRCC website but in NGN-to-CAD format which amounts to approximately 0.0022: meaning NGN 1 is equivalent to CAD 0.0022. Whenever I see rates expressed in this format, I do laugh. Our 1 Naira is not even up to 1 cent not to talk of a dollar. It is approximately one-fifth of a cent (1 cent divided by 5).

CBN website https://www.cbn.gov.ng/rates/exchratebycurrency.asp

IRCC website
https://www.tpsgc-pwgsc.gc.ca/cgi-bin/recgen/er.pl?Language=E

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Tcrown2020(f): 3:42pm On Jun 16, 2023
[quote author=fastseo post=122462005]
I spoke to someone from the bank and I saw a mail where they said 5000 dollars per semester for each student.
Thanks @ Fastceo. This is serious o.
How we go get money to pay tuition now ??. 😇😇
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by cadno(m): 3:47pm On Jun 16, 2023
I hear, visa stamped passport can no long be collected in person. But by DHL ( courier ) and the fee is about N20k.

Who can confirm if this is true.
What if you submitted in Person and based in Lagos , Can you collect in Person ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by kobobay(m): 3:56pm On Jun 16, 2023
Ayobamiaz:

The amount requested has been charged from my account but it has been blocked, I can not access it while it is still showing in my account.

My cousin working at the bank called me to write a letter authorizing to use I&E. I think if the money has not left your to the receiver, you will be charged at the I&E rate.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Osemigho: 4:43pm On Jun 16, 2023
Zane2point4:

Someone have meticulously answered the fund aspect for you and i beleive him,i think theres a lump sum in the acct without any explanation!

Buh the main issue is the ties you’ve in canada.
If you hv made enough research or watch u tube videos even in nairaland ,you shldnt hv even pointed out you have sister in canada,that is shooting yourself in the foot.

Thirdly many agents are just thrash, mine was directly responsible for my first denial! He just did nonsense sop and document and submitted!

Second time i used my hand and made research and did the second application without gcm note and still got!

It is false that having a family in Canada is a negative thing for a Canada student visa. I know three Canada PRs and Citizens that have sponsored their siblings to study in Canada in the last 1-3 years. I also know two siblings that received student visas, sponsored by parent, while their sibling was a PR, now a citizen.

Advising people to not disclose their siblings is a horrible idea. From my experience, it gives no advantage for student visas and could backfire significantly in the future. I will advise you to read about Indian students facing deportation due to fake documents.

All the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Lily89: 4:49pm On Jun 16, 2023
Haychay:
A semester fee is the initial deposit. Im considering paying it
A semester. About $8000
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Lily89: 4:51pm On Jun 16, 2023
COdeGenesis:

What's the initial deposit for Fleming college?

First semester. $8000
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Haychay(m): 5:04pm On Jun 16, 2023
yes
Lily89:

A semester. About $8000
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Haychay(m): 5:07pm On Jun 16, 2023
Who has used WISE (Transferwise) to pay tution deposit fee to CIBC before?

Is it a most you most use local bank?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Dessymond394: 5:28pm On Jun 16, 2023
Hello bro
What about pple that already applied for their visa before june 15th change in exchange rate.. do you think IRCC would use old exchange rate to calculate their POF as at when the submitted their application? Or the new rate will be used to calculate the POF of those that applied bfr the change in rate.. what do you think?
ShowYoung:

Thank you for this. Kindly let me add to it.

IRCC uses official CBN exchange rate in calculating theirs. The rate shown by IRCC is the same as that of CBN.

As of now, USD 1/NGN 588.95. and USD 1/CAD 1.31.
If you use those rates above, you will arrive at NGN 1 = CAD 0.0022 or NGN 485 = 1 CAD.

The same thing is reflected on IRCC website but in NGN-to-CAD format which amounts to approximately 0.0022: meaning NGN 1 is equivalent to CAD 0.0022. Whenever I see rates expressed in this format, I do laugh. Our 1 Naira is not even up to 1 cent not to talk of a dollar. It is approximately one-fifth of a cent (1 cent divided by 5).

CBN website https://www.cbn.gov.ng/rates/exchratebycurrency.asp

IRCC website
https://www.tpsgc-pwgsc.gc.ca/cgi-bin/recgen/er.pl?Language=E
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by NorthernshoreTS(m): 5:31pm On Jun 16, 2023
olutowo:
Good day my people... Am asking for a friend....she studied library and information science in the university with a 15years study gap, please which course can she go for and which school??.
@mikano
@bullstriker
@ShowYoung
At other gurus in here
She can go for human resource management. However, I would advise she completes a certificate course in HRM on Coursera or any of those online learning platforms, this shows her willingness to transition into another field.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by wememore03: 6:00pm On Jun 16, 2023
NorthernshoreTS:

She can go for human resource management. However, I would advise she completes a certificate course in HRM on Coursera or any of those online learning platforms, this shows her willingness to transition into another field.

Should the Cousera Course be paid or a free course is fine, what if someone already started a certification in Nigeria (Say CIPM) but has not finished, will this suffice?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Zeema123(f): 6:09pm On Jun 16, 2023
cadno:
I hear, visa stamped passport can no long be collected in person. But by DHL ( courier ) and the fee is about N20k.

What if you submitted in Person and based in Lagos , Can you collect in Person ?
. It’s a lie you can collect in person. I submitted mine in person and I collected it in person
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ohem(m): 6:45pm On Jun 16, 2023
Good day everyone,

I commend the good spirit of support flowing on this forum. Thanks to the gurus who don't just pass by...

Pls, I have a series of concerns

Even though I have a sponsor whose account is fortified enough for my family, and I am planning to pay the whole of first year tuition (going for a 2yr course), again I am hoping to raise a redeemable GIC of an amount that will cover the whole family, I am concerned I don't have any presentable personal account for POF...

The substantial amount in it will not be up to 4months by next month when my wife and I would have to apply for student and sowp visa... DO I STILL NEED TO PRESENT ANY PERSONAL STATEMENT OF ACCOUNT SINCE I WOULD BE OBTAINING GIC ?

2. If I present my pay stub, MUST I DROP THE SALARY STATEMENT OF ACCOUNT TOO? My salary SOA actually get k-leg😂

I will appreciate your experienced views pls 🙏

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ShowYoung: 6:57pm On Jun 16, 2023
Dessymond394:
Hello bro
What about pple that already applied for their visa before june 15th change in exchange rate.. do you think IRCC would use old exchange rate to calculate their POF as at when the submitted their application? Or the new rate will be used to calculate the POF of those that applied bfr the change in rate.. what do you think?

Financial sufficiency is checked at Eligibility Review. If by luck your application is in Eligibility Review before June 15, it is possible that the old rate would be applied: but if Eligibility Review is yet to start, I am afraid they might use this new rate.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Adexchelsea19(m): 7:17pm On Jun 16, 2023
ShowYoung:

Financial sufficiency is checked at Eligibility Review. If by luck your application is in Eligibility Review before June 15, it is possible that the old rate would be applied: but if Eligibility Review is yet to start, I am afraid they might use this new rate.
So you mean those who have submitted before June 15 and their eligibility check hasn’t started means automatic rejection if the money doesn’t meet up with the new rate?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Mackie1(m): 7:29pm On Jun 16, 2023
Adexchelsea19:
So you mean those who have submitted before June 15 and their eligibility check hasn’t started means automatic rejection if the money doesn’t meet up with the new rate?
No that isn't true! The rate at the date you submitted is what would be used to quantify. "Unless there's a drastic change" .

This is according to IRCC.

What counts as a drastic change is now up to IRCC.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by queenerita(f): 7:50pm On Jun 16, 2023
[b][/b]
donshegzy:
Hello house

Anyone going to Ontario or St Lawrence College here?

Yes which Campus?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Luada(m): 8:43pm On Jun 16, 2023
Bobomaigida:

You are thinking about circumventing the system, they are thinking of preventing circumvention. That is why they request you to show proofs of the person who is sponsoring you, his income sources, his commitment to you financially and his relationship to you. No one can just bring someone and say he is my sponsor even if the person has 1Bn in his account. They will bounce the application.

Ok that means I will use the person nin, international passport that enough right and pls the MBS how do I get it and send it. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by queenlizdam: 8:43pm On Jun 16, 2023
Kunbibabe:

I'm going for sep please add me up 08139487167
I am😀
Please add me up to the WhatsApp group if any
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by queenlizdam: 8:48pm On Jun 16, 2023
Omowunmi2023:
Greetings to everyone! Pls who is going to Sheridan College for Sept intake?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by queenlizdam: 8:51pm On Jun 16, 2023
Omowunmi2023:

Pls I’m new on here and I’m interested in joining the group,thanks!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by tayogbade: 8:51pm On Jun 16, 2023
cadno:

Not true. I collected in person yesterday

(1) (2) (3) ... (1199) (1200) (1201) (1202) (1203) (1204) (1205) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.