Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,848 members, 7,813,881 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:32 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (1203) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1216019 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1200) (1201) (1202) (1203) (1204) (1205) (1206) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by queenlizdam: 8:53pm On Jun 16, 2023
Papapa1234:
Anyone going to Sheridan College?

There is a WhatsApp group..

Let’s start a community oooo
I'm going for sep please add me up 08139487167
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by queenlizdam: 8:55pm On Jun 16, 2023
Adedoyin116:

Davis Campus
me too
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Soraco57(m): 9:00pm On Jun 16, 2023
good evening, please i want to sponsor my sis to Canada, after furnishing her with my bank statement and sending gifting her deed of 3m, can i withdraw some money in my account, does it affect anythuing, does canada verify acccount balance
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by queenlizdam: 9:12pm On Jun 16, 2023
Omowunmi2023:

Pls o my sister I’m just starting my September application Pls help o … how can I reach you. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by queenlizdam: 9:13pm On Jun 16, 2023
Papapa1234:
Anyone going to Sheridan College?

There is a WhatsApp group..

Let’s start a community oooo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Iamjoybob: 9:17pm On Jun 16, 2023
bronzeyv:
*** LONG POST ALERT ***

I've been a silent reader of this thread since 2019, and I'm coming out now with my full chest to say it's being worth it, as I got most of the information i used for my application on this thread, and also got to know about the agent i used from this great thread @frankrobn.

INTRO:
I have a Law degree, with about 8 years work experience, I have my own Law Office and also Consult with a Construction Company.
I got admission to study a 2 year Diploma Program in Loyalist College Ontario, Canada, for January 2024.

# DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED FOR STUDY PERMIT #

- Acceptance Letter from College
- Tuition Deposit Receipt 10,000cad
- LL.B Certificate
- Call to Bar Certificate
- LL.B Transcript
- Waec Certificate
- Statement of Purpose 8 pages (SOP)
- NBA Letter of good standing
- CV
- NYSC discharge Certificate & Award Certificate
- Birth Certificate
- Previous letter of employment
- Volunteer Certificates
- Shares Certificate
- Car documents
- Drivers license
- Covid Vaccine card
- Law firm ID card, NBA ID card, Company ID card (3 ID cards)
- Picture of me in court
- Picture of me & my employees in the office
- My family Picture
- Picture of my Palm Plantation
- Picture of me & my fiance
- My fiance NIN
- My Mum's NIN
- Landed documents, Survey plans, Right of Occupancy, e.t.c
- Affidavit of Return l
- 4 different naira statement of account (with atleast #42m)
- 1 Dom account statement (with $5,000)
- Letter of introduction from my firm
- Letter of introduction from the company I consult with
- Employment letter from the company
- Leave approval letter from the company
- Law Firm CAC registration documents
- Tax Certificate
- 3 months parsnip
- Police Character Certificate (not used because of space)
- Data page of international passport
- Passport photograph
- Complimentary card
Self Sponsored

I was actually prepared for a refusal as I was already discussing getting a new admission, because the previous agent I used for the admission got me a program (College Diploma) lower than my current qualification, which was a red flag, and also a course not related to Law ( Business & Sales). I saw some persons comments appreciating @frankrobn for his assistance, so I contacted him amongst other agents I contacted from here, but he gave me the response I needed, & his professionalism showed in the outcome of my application. @frankrobn wrote a compelling SOP that even me a Lawyer was astonished, I only needed to add a little touch. When my agent sent me the list of documents to upload, I uploaded them immediately, because this thread had already prepared me on the required documents, I just needed a professional touch, & I got more. @frankrobn thank you so much, & to every other person making this thread knowledgeable, May God Bless you greatly 🙏
I had to post this, to encourage many people here that if you don't try you won't know, & it shall all end in praise 🙏

Indeed What God Cannot Do Does Not Exist 🙏

ATTACHED IS MY TIMELINE
Congratulations
Please when you did your biometrics did it show "completed"? Immediately

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by subzheero: 9:22pm On Jun 16, 2023
Please is there any Conestoga WhatsApp group?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by lizzy4real2012: 9:42pm On Jun 16, 2023
BiiBee:
Kindly add me 08069116922
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Dessymond394: 9:52pm On Jun 16, 2023
Would it be Wise to send a webform to IRCC informing them the rate it was as at when you submitted your application.. because
alot of pple that submitted before june 15th will be affected if the new rate is used to calculate theIR POF.
Mackie1:

No that isn't true! The rate at the date you submitted is what would be used to quantify. "Unless there's a drastic change" .

This is according to IRCC.

What counts as a drastic change is now up to IRCC.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by mubaraqee: 10:05pm On Jun 16, 2023
Please I need more information about this town Yorkton in terms of cost of living and jobs so also parkland college.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ayobamiaz: 10:23pm On Jun 16, 2023
Agodu:

Have you been debited the cbn charges? Cus I was debited the charges since June 9 but still waiting for the actual disbursements.
Yes I’ve been debited the cbn charges the disbursement takes few weeks right now is on queue for disbursement
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ayobamiaz: 10:25pm On Jun 16, 2023
kobobay:

The amount requested has been charged from my account but it has been blocked, I can not access it while it is still showing in my account.

My cousin working at the bank called me to write a letter authorizing to use I&E. I think if the money has not left your to the receiver, you will be charged at the I&E rate.

I wrote the authorization letter already
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Xxx123xxx(m): 10:29pm On Jun 16, 2023
Teettyllayho:
Hello everyone. Well done for the wonderful jobs you do here. Please I haven't been able to pay my application fee for the three schools I applied to. My cards keeps getting declined.

Please how did you guys make your payment?
..Use chipper virtual dollar card .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by kobobay(m): 10:33pm On Jun 16, 2023
Ayobamiaz:

I wrote the authorization letter already

Please keep me posted on how it goes. I do not know if the old rate that they have debited is going to be used or if it will be adjusted to the new rate. Do you have any take on this?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Leebeedo(m): 10:46pm On Jun 16, 2023
Hi everyone. Please, how long does it take to process study permit? I submitted my application on June 2nd and it has not moved since then. When I check the processing time, it says 6 wks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Distinctdamsel: 10:50pm On Jun 16, 2023
I'm in for take
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ayobamiaz: 11:03pm On Jun 16, 2023
kobobay:

Please keep me posted on how it goes. I do not know if the old rate that they have debited is going to be used or if it will be adjusted to the new rate. Do you have any take on this?

I hope for the old rate too but fingers crossed 🤞

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ayodeji786: 11:10pm On Jun 16, 2023
Hey guys,

Please how can I order for my CBSA notes?

Showed that my brother in the united states will be supporting my studies and he showed 450,653usd in his account as saving and his salary of 500,000usd yearly with his paystubs but I was still rejected based on financial assets and situations today!

He showed our relationship evidence, pay stub, employment letter, his USA permanent resident card, account statement and investments and there's no any lump sum.

However, we didn't pay tuition fees and no deed of gift of transfer of 1yr leaving expenses

I want to reapply next month. Kindly provide your help.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ollymama: 11:53pm On Jun 16, 2023
Nadvad exchange helps with remittances to Canada, Australia, UK and USA for the payment of
1.Tuition deposits and fees.
2. School Application fees abroad
3. Payment for foreign exams (TOEFL, GRE, GMAT, SAT, IELTS and so on
and certifications
3. Payment for mortgage, living expenses and among others.
4. Payment for VISA fees, IHS and so on
Our rates are cheaper than black market rates . You can contact us on 07061982514 and +447448842565
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by donshegzy: 12:35am On Jun 17, 2023
queenerita:
[b][/b]

Yes which Campus?

Cornwall here. You?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Agodu: 12:43am On Jun 17, 2023
Ayobamiaz:

Yes I’ve been debited the cbn charges the disbursement takes few weeks right now is on queue for disbursement
Do you know the actual weeks it take ,because my school deadline is on the middle of July.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ehiremen2002: 1:43am On Jun 17, 2023
Hello gurus in the house.

Is the IRCC new portal for application still valid?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ayodeji786: 1:56am On Jun 17, 2023
ehiremen2002:
Hello gurus in the house.

Is the IRCC new portal for application still valid?

Yes but very slow
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ehiremen2002: 2:26am On Jun 17, 2023
Thanks for the ends up. Let me just jeje use the old portal then

cic.gc.ca

Ayodeji786:

Yes but very slow

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by chillChill1: 3:33am On Jun 17, 2023
‪If you are from Ghana Search for Canadaopportunities on Telegram and join. It is a community of GHANAIANS helping each other to navigate and get Canada Study Visa. This is a DIY Group, READ THE PINNED MESSAGES AS YOU JOIN‬
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Accessed: 3:35am On Jun 17, 2023
Mackie1:

No that isn't true! The rate at the date you submitted is what would be used to quantify. "Unless there's a drastic change" .

Well, No one is sure about what IRCC will do concerning POF and the new rates. But I shudder to think that our steep fall in naira could very well be interpreted as a 'Drastic Change'. Unfortunately, as @Showyoung guessed, I'm afraid they may decide to adopt the rate as at day of review over application date which appears logical although unfair to applicants who apparently based their projections on the old rates.

Indeed, it will be inhuman to reject applications made before June 14th solely on the basis of insufficiency of the POF (at the new rate) especially if opportunity is not given for an updated statement to atleast match the current rate. Maybe, we can be proactive and start sending updated statements to match new rates via webform? grin Heavy lumpsum wahala!

I reckon that the fair thing to do is to treat applications before June 14th based on the old rates and the current applications on the new rates. Hopefully, they reason along this line!

Another issue is the wide variation in the daily rates. It was N485 to 1 CAD on the 15th, then N451 to 1 CAD on the 16th. Maybe an average over a period is what they will adopt if the range continues to be this wide.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Leke00: 5:03am On Jun 17, 2023
Thank you for this
Eboski:

Have you Dm you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Mrblaqjaym: 5:38am On Jun 17, 2023
Hello House, please I need your help. I Lost my mind after a getting a refusal note from IRCC,I want to know if I should continue on this canada study or look Into the European region. I am a first time applicant and I am sponsoring myself.

1)Study permit submitted on the 5th of May
2)Biometrics on the 12th of May
3)Upfront medicals on the 11th of May.
IRCC requested I do a sputum test on the 28th of May, test was concluded on the 2nd of June.
Expected date for sputum test is first week of August(I have done Sputum test in two different hospitals and they came out nagtive, no trace of MTB. I am expecting a genexpert result on my Monday to also know from a military hospital in Port Harcourt.

On the 15th of June I got a refusal letter from IRCC based on financial issues.
Tuition deposit paid 500CAD
My tuition fee is 49kCAD for two years.
I submitted an approved 50kUSD from Mpower.
I submitted a stamped #7m bank statement of my own account from Access bank (there was progression it wasn't a paid POF).
Is this funds not OK for this study?

Now I would like to reapply when my gcms note comes in July to meet up with September.

I work in my dad's firm, I do not receive salary, I manage his business, I also own my own registered business.

Document I submitted showing proof of work;

My ID card.
My Company CAC document.
Letter of Introduction showing my own business annual return.
Study leave with pay, using my dad's business letter head.

I have thought of doing this if I am to reapply;
I intend bringing in my dad business fully into the application, I didn't give more details on it before cause he wasn't my main sponsor.
I want to do a valuation on his two property and include that he sold a property to raise #10m which will be in his account (he has a total debit and total credit of over #200m but closing balance isn't upto 4m but we can get it to 10m). Then include his company profile and CAC document (but no active) business invoice,complimentary card and pictures of work place and family pictures. Will these fly?
Will they request for tax documents?

Please house advice me on how to go about this?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by sileola90: 5:50am On Jun 17, 2023
About the home ties, I think listing them will not only be enough but showing proof like birth certificates, ID's, pictures and so on.

Unkissme:
Truth is,I do not have the acct balance to tender or any money. Please,I need experts to suggest how to tackle the V.O's concern. I have 5siblings and I listed these on my IMM form. Isn't that enough home ties? Please help out🙏🙏🙏
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ShowYoung: 5:52am On Jun 17, 2023
Adexchelsea19:
So you mean those who have submitted before June 15 and their eligibility check hasn’t started means automatic rejection if the money doesn’t meet up with the new rate?

I never said this! This is your thought.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ShowYoung: 5:54am On Jun 17, 2023
Mackie1:

It is a drastic change. 41% increment cannot be overlooked. From CAD 1/345 to 485; this is a difference of NGN 14O which is equivalent to 41% increment.

The way IRCC would do its judgement is left to them, but I know that lock-in date is applicable to PR application. I don't know whether or not it is applicable to study permit, even if it is applicable to study permit application, 41% increment is too significant to overlook.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1200) (1201) (1202) (1203) (1204) (1205) (1206) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.