Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,806 members, 7,813,645 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:35 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (1208) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1215778 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1205) (1206) (1207) (1208) (1209) (1210) (1211) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by dbom: 4:50pm On Jun 18, 2023
hey , does anybody know how i can get a roomate to share a 2 bedroom apartment in winnipeg manitoba
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by AskGod07: 5:09pm On Jun 18, 2023
How much?

dbom:
hey , does anybody know how i can get a roomate to share a 2 bedroom apartment in winnipeg manitoba
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by chrisifeanyi: 5:20pm On Jun 18, 2023
Please I need clarification.
I studied metallurgical and materials engineering. I want to apply for Masters in University of Alberta.
After the masters, how long is their Post graduate work permit and what's the probability of getting PR. I don't wanna come back again.
Can someone go with his family?( Family of Four).
How long does it take to get PR.
I need a candid opinion.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Jeremy20: 6:47pm On Jun 18, 2023
Good evening everyone please can someone explain to me.... I have not gotten any mail But my application is say Closed since May 10..i subimtted application April 29th.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by SayNo2SmallPrik: 6:57pm On Jun 18, 2023
Jeremy20:
Good evening everyone please can someone explain to me.... I have not gotten any mail But my application is say Closed since May 10..i subimtted application April 29th.
Check your dashboard?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by HopefulSuccess: 6:59pm On Jun 18, 2023
Please does anyone have a suggestion of what can be done. Thanks in advance
HopefulSuccess:
Please does anyone have idea on what can be done about this
Please everyone in the house I need your help

My brother got admission into a Canadian University and later got a leave from his place of work for 2 years including a loan (from his office) which he is to pay back to the company after to resuming work on completion of his 2 years study.
Just before he submitted his visa application, the school gave him a revised version of the admission letter which is now 1 year instead of the initial 2 years (Note that this is the same course and academic year)
Unfortunately, when applying for the visa, we forgot to notify the company of the changes made to the admission later and submitted the updated admission letter of 1 year and the leave of absence/loan of 2 years (ie from Aug 2023 - Dec 2025). Which means he will graduate by 2024 if he resumes this September 2023 but his office gave him a period of 2 years to return back to work so as to start paying the loan.
What can be one do to rectify this issue?
(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nik4kk: 7:33pm On Jun 18, 2023
Please house my biometric appointment is tuesday 15.40 .
Is that nigerian time or canada time
Im confused to why its in the afternoon
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 7:57pm On Jun 18, 2023
Jeremy20:

When you log into your portal, what do you see?
Who is handling the application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 8:02pm On Jun 18, 2023
HopefulSuccess:
Please does anyone have a suggestion of what can be done. Thanks in advance

Please everyone in the house I need your help

My brother got admission into a Canadian University and later got a leave from his place of work for 2 years including a loan (from his office) which he is to pay back to the company after to resuming work on completion of his 2 years study.
Just before he submitted his visa application, the school gave him a revised version of the admission letter which is now 1 year instead of the initial 2 years (Note that this is the same course and academic year)
Unfortunately, when applying for the visa, we forgot to notify the company of the changes made to the admission later and submitted the updated admission letter of 1 year and the leave of absence/loan of 2 years (ie from Aug 2023 - Dec 2025). Which means he will graduate by 2024 if he resumes this September 2023 but his office gave him a period of 2 years to return back to work so as to start paying the loan.
What can be one do to rectify this issue?
(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)

Is the loan a significant portion of the POF?
The concern should be if IRCC will have any issue with you submitting a 2 year study leave for a one programme .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 8:05pm On Jun 18, 2023
Nik4kk:
Please house my biometric appointment is tuesday 15.40 .
Is that nigerian time or canada time
Im confused to why its in the afternoon

What time did you choose when you were booking on VFS site?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 8:09pm On Jun 18, 2023
chrisifeanyi:
Please I need clarification.
I studied metallurgical and materials engineering. I want to apply for Masters in University of Alberta.
After the masters, how long is their Post graduate work permit and what's the probability of getting PR. I don't wanna come back again.
Can someone go with his family?( Family of Four).
How long does it take to get PR.
I need a candid opinion.
Thanks

1. You need to research various schools and their admission requirements, UoA is very competitive, so check if you meet their admission requirements. You also need to start applying now if your plan is to resume Spring (May) 2024
2. If you have the funds, you can go with your family.
3. If you plan your journey well, you can get PR is 6 years.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by LILIAN75: 8:15pm On Jun 18, 2023
Who is going to saskatoon in July or August. Pls reach out

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Emma549: 8:45pm On Jun 18, 2023
Good evening house,
Please how fast is Seneca admission decision and when they say a course is 'LIMITED' how certain is it to get admission to that course.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by wasiubello: 8:50pm On Jun 18, 2023
Please house, somebody should help me with the web link to upload the printout giving to me after my Medical last Friday. Thanks is anticipation
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bisolaemilia(f): 8:58pm On Jun 18, 2023
Hi Guys,

This may be unrelated but might be helpful to someone. if you are a lady coming to the University of Manitoba in the fall semester and you are looking to rent a place. Please let me know, It is very close to UofM and the rent is very affordable. I have been in Manitoba since January 2021 but I am currently looking for a female roommate.

Please let me know if you have any questions or need any help.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Jeremy20: 9:30pm On Jun 18, 2023
Good evening everyone .i was serve breakfast. Please expert in the house help me out.Thank you for your interest in studying in Canada. I have reviewed your study permit application
and supporting documentation to assess whether you meet the requirements for a study permit
(https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/
eligibility.html). This includes assessing whether you are coming to Canada temporarily for the
reason(s) you describe in your application. I have determined that your application does not meet
the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) (https://laws-
lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/I-2.5/index.html) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations
(IRPR) (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/sor-2002-227/index.html). I am refusing
your application.
• You have not provided sufficient documentation to support your or your host's income
and assets.
• Pursuant to paragraph 220(a) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and
available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the tuition fees for the course or
program of studies that you intend to pursue.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ayobamiaz: 9:58pm On Jun 18, 2023
When sending POF is it advisable to skip the month which I have the lump sum though I have every details to back it up but just looking at it on a safer side…kindly advise

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by kobobay(m): 10:20pm On Jun 18, 2023
To all new and pending Form A users. I got this from Access Bank this evening.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by HopefulSuccess: 10:21pm On Jun 18, 2023
Someone should please advice me

My brother applied for a student visa recently and used his sick grandma's house property (with gift deeds) as home ties but we forgot to upload the main land documents and only uploaded the gift deeds (notarized).
He doesn't have any family member in Nigeria, they are all abroad but he plans to return to take care of her after studies(he has caregiver who will care for her pending the time he returns to Nigeria). Note that he also got a leave from work which he intend to return to after school.
My question is, is it essential that he uploads the land document and car document via webform
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by HopefulSuccess: 10:24pm On Jun 18, 2023
Thanks for your response @Bobomaigida. It is really appreciated.
No, the loan is not significant portion of the POF.
Bobomaigida:

Is the loan a significant portion of the POF?
The concern should be if IRCC will have any issue with you submitting a 2 year study leave for a one programme .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by HopefulSuccess: 10:24pm On Jun 18, 2023
Thanks Bobomaigida
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by zubizareta(m): 10:36pm On Jun 18, 2023
Jeremy20:
Good evening everyone .i was serve breakfast. Please expert in the house help me out.Thank you for your interest in studying in Canada. I have reviewed your study permit application
and supporting documentation to assess whether you meet the requirements for a study permit
(https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/
eligibility.html). This includes assessing whether you are coming to Canada temporarily for the
reason(s) you describe in your application. I have determined that your application does not meet
the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) (https://laws-
lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/I-2.5/index.html) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations
(IRPR) (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/sor-2002-227/index.html). I am refusing
your application.
• You have not provided sufficient documentation to support your or your host's income
and assets.
• Pursuant to paragraph 220(a) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and
available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the tuition fees for the course or
program of studies that you intend to pursue.

You haven't given any useful information for anyone to help you here.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ayobamiaz: 10:42pm On Jun 18, 2023
kobobay:
To all new and pending Form A users. I got this from Access Bank this evening.

This is arrant nonsense..at least they should consider the ones that the funds have been deducted from our account..this new policy no make sense at all these people no allow the poor breath 😔😔
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Moranc(m): 10:50pm On Jun 18, 2023
Hello,

I need an advise on which course to do in Canada.
First degree computer science. 2012 to 2015.
work in my father company between 2015 to 2020 as system administrator
masters in management warsaw poland. 2020 to 2023.
presently work in a bank here in Poland.

is PhD in management advisable or IT postgraduate course.

Applying from Poland and i have my residence permit.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Badadvisor: 11:05pm On Jun 18, 2023
How long does it take to get admission after application?
Please it's almost a month after i received my application number but still nothing yet since that time 😢
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by evansp: 11:28pm On Jun 18, 2023
Good evening everyone
Please i need your help for schools that are not too expensive for hnd holder. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 11:30pm On Jun 18, 2023
Ayobamiaz:
When sending POF is it advisable to skip the month which I have the lump sum though I have every details to back it up but just looking at it on a safer side…kindly advise

If the lump sum is within the period required by IRCC then you cannot skip it, explain the lump sum and evidence.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by segzyndpep(m): 11:33pm On Jun 18, 2023
soojar:

The rate is according to
https://www.tpsgc-pwgsc.gc.ca/cgi-bin/recgen/er.pl?Language=E

Is this rate more legit than Oanda converter? Because it seems this rate is a little less than Oanda.
Kindly advice.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 11:37pm On Jun 18, 2023
evansp:
Good evening everyone
Please i need your help for schools that are not too expensive for hnd holder. Thank you

You will not get any answer to this question, cheap is relative, what is cheap to A, might be expensive to B.

What you need to do is browse the internet and search for the course you want to do, if your course is Data analytics, search for Colleges offering data analytics in Canada, that will help you. Then visit the pages of the schools to see their admission requirements and confirm if you meet them.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 11:38pm On Jun 18, 2023
segzyndpep:

Is this rate more legit than Oanda converter? Because it seems this rate is a little less than Oanda.
Kindly advice.

That is the Bank of Canada rate which IRCC uses.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 11:38pm On Jun 18, 2023
Badadvisor:
How long does it take to get admission after application?
Please it's almost a month after i received my application number but still nothing yet since that time 😢

Na the school you suppose contact o, call them if you have to
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by segzyndpep(m): 11:40pm On Jun 18, 2023
Bobomaigida:

That is the Bank of Canada rate which IRCC uses.

Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (1205) (1206) (1207) (1208) (1209) (1210) (1211) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.