Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,885 members, 7,817,608 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:22 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (1210) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1220678 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1207) (1208) (1209) (1210) (1211) (1212) (1213) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 12:27pm On Jun 19, 2023
Tmaritas76:
Good day all.please can someone here help us in admission process for a token.my wife will be the main applicant while i will be dependant. She is a masters degree holder but,we can afford PhD now.she studies computer science in her bsc.but,did one year professional course in education because she is now into education sector.Her masters too is in education but,we don't want to tow the lane of PhD now.

Depending on the your spouse's field of study, you might not spend your money pursuing a PhD programme, many PhD have scholarship with funding that the students enjoy, your plan of action should be.

1. Start searching for schools and academics who are admitting students into PhD programmes in her field and look out for those with funding.
2. While you are doing 1, start gathering other documents that you will use for your application.
3. If you are admitted with funding, your personal funds will serve as a buffer.

However, if she has been in education and her job is in education, why do you want to pivot to something else?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 12:32pm On Jun 19, 2023
Oreire:
Pls. I need @frankrobn contact to assist me with my SOP for Canada application.

You can search on online, the forum admins do not allow posting emails here or check his profile and send a direct message.

Or you can start the SOP yourself and seek for assistance for any member to vet it for you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by tenderjunkie: 12:47pm On Jun 19, 2023
Cutiemirror:
I’m sorry for disturbing you. How do I get student ID. is it after application fee has been paid. Thank you
When you've been offered admission
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by segzyndpep(m): 12:54pm On Jun 19, 2023
Bobomaigida:

Hello T,
1. For a family of 5, you will need funds as shown below
Cost of Tuition = C$20,000
Living exp for PA = C$10,000
Living exp for Spouse = C$4,000
Accompanying kids = C$9,000
Flight Tickets = C$7,000
Miscellaneous =C$ 6,000
Total = C$56,000* 493 (Rate as at today) =N27,608,000
It can be more than this, but know that whatever funds you have, you have to show how you raised the funds ie sources of funds

2. If you are targeting January intake, then you should the admission by now, and the POF should have been in your account by now, or latest July ending. (You can use lump sum so long as you can explain the sources exhaustively.) While you are gathering other documents

3. In addition to the properties, you have to employ other things to use a home ties, your job that you will be coming back to? Your association memberships etc

Can you advice miscellaneous amount for couple without kid.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by West0099: 12:59pm On Jun 19, 2023
Prime1:

have you seen a group

Nope, i just got my admission pls i need guide on how to move on with the visa process
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 1:01pm On Jun 19, 2023
segzyndpep:

Can you advice miscellaneous amount for couple without kid.

No fixed amount.

3,000 will be ideal.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Cutiemirror: 1:02pm On Jun 19, 2023
Thank you
tenderjunkie:

When you've been offered admission
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by segzyndpep(m): 1:06pm On Jun 19, 2023
Bobomaigida:

No fixed amount.

3,000 will be ideal.

So $3KCAD should fly for couple right?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by West0099: 1:11pm On Jun 19, 2023
Please can someone help with list of doc for visa processing…. Also if im getting sponsored from my uncle which i work for. my mom and also my personal funds will that be okay?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 1:15pm On Jun 19, 2023
segzyndpep:

So $3KCAD should fly for couple right?

Yes

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Olasum(f): 1:18pm On Jun 19, 2023
Good morning, i was offered an admission at CAN college in Canada which i plan to proceed but a friend of mine putting me through said the school is not on PGWP list, that it doesn't have PGWP number just like DLI. I tried mailing them which this there response is a bit confusing. If there is anyone who can assist in shedding more light, i will be glad to have a response. Thanks .

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by zubizareta(m): 1:25pm On Jun 19, 2023
Olasum:
Good morning, i was offered an admission at CAN college in Canada which i plan to proceed but a friend of mine putting me through said the school is not on PGWP list, that it doesn't have PGWP number just like DLI. I tried mailing them which this there response is a bit confusing. If there is anyone who can assist in shedding more light, i will be glad to have a response. Thanks .

The response from the school is clear. They don't offer programs eligible for pgwp. However, they are a DLI and have had intl students had their visa applications approved.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Profdavvy: 1:30pm On Jun 19, 2023
Olasum:
It's a legit institution but their courses don't qualify for pgwp after completing ur studies . What some ppl do is to change their institution to the one that is qualified for pgwp before or on completion of their studies in can college

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by segzyndpep(m): 1:47pm On Jun 19, 2023
Bobomaigida:

Yes

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by zubizareta(m): 2:07pm On Jun 19, 2023
Profdavvy:

It's a legit institution but their courses don't qualify for pgwp after completing ur studies . What some ppl do is to change their institution to the one that is qualified for pgwp before or on completion of their studies in can college

Exactly. So if he has the option to get admission in another school now, he should do it.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by HopefulSuccess: 2:10pm On Jun 19, 2023
Could some help me answer this question please.
HopefulSuccess:
Someone should please advice me

My brother applied for a student visa recently and used his sick grandma's house property (with gift deeds) as home ties but we forgot to upload the main land documents and only uploaded the gift deeds (notarized).
He doesn't have any family member in Nigeria, they are all abroad but he plans to return to take care of her after studies(he has caregiver who will care for her pending the time he returns to Nigeria). Note that he also got a leave from work which he intend to return to after school.
My question is, is it essential that he uploads the land document and car document via webform
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Luada(m): 2:34pm On Jun 19, 2023
XtraordinaryGen:

Who will give you study permit for a 4months course?

That's not feasible.

To be qualified for a study permit, your duration of study should be 6months and above.

Ok only 6 month above
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by AskGod07: 2:40pm On Jun 19, 2023
Well other documents uploaded through webform after application submitted didn’t count only if you are ask to upload a particular document.

Be positive and pray let hope for the best.

Property deed don’t determine visa outcome because have seen many people without property gotten visa

HopefulSuccess:
Could some help me answer this question please.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by AskGod07: 2:49pm On Jun 19, 2023
Boss na different account I use now for my study permit because of uploading my documents I use gckey while I use new portal for VV.

zubizareta:

Not compulsory. If you leave it empty, as long as you apply with same acct, your study permit will still have Same UCI number as the visit visa
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by zubizareta(m): 2:59pm On Jun 19, 2023
AskGod07:

Boss na different account I use now for my study permit because of uploading my documents I use gckey while I use new portal for VV.

Then I advise you leave it empty
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by adelejane: 3:02pm On Jun 19, 2023
Please can anyone respond to this? I need to plan ahead . All gurus and anyone who can help , your response will be appreciated.

Planning to do a 1+1 course in Canada. if I complete a one year postgraduate diploma course in supply chain management , can i enroll for PSW as a second program within Canada. Does applications within Canada get scrutiny like when applying from outside Canada. I’m trying to leave many options opened to get Pr cos of my age , currently 38. Will applying for an extension to a do a PSW as a
Second course be a problem within Canada considering my background is in business . Although I have worked as a psw in the uk a long time ago like 10 years ago
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by dbom: 3:13pm On Jun 19, 2023
AskGod07:

How much?

maybe around 1200
then we both share 600
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by francophone134: 3:18pm On Jun 19, 2023
AskGod07:
Well other documents uploaded through webform after application submitted didn’t count only if you are ask to upload a particular document.

Property deed don’t determine visa outcome because have seen many people without property gotten visa .

Are you saying they don't look at documents submitted via webform when your application is still under consideration? If yes, then I think your giving a misleading information. I know lots of people that submitted documents via webform and got acknowledgement for those documents

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by francophone134: 3:18pm On Jun 19, 2023
Are you saying they don't look at documents submitted via webform when your application is still under consideration? If yes, then I think your giving a misleading information. I know lots of people that submitted documents via webform and got acknowledgement for those documents.
AskGod07:

Property deed don’t determine visa outcome because have seen many people without property gotten visa .

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by cadno(m): 3:27pm On Jun 19, 2023
Guys do you need to pay any money like N10k to VFS Global if you submitted passport for stamping in person and will also collect in person

All in Lagos!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Profdavvy: 3:57pm On Jun 19, 2023
Guys that received medical request , did u get 2emails notification from cic to check ur portal? I got their email early this afternoon and I'm scared asf to check gckey portal..lol ..cos I Don chop breakfast twice.
But now I'm trying to login and their site is messing up. I checked on the tracker but application still showing in progress , medical showing not started and eligibility showing not started.
Anyone has something to say as to this ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by tenderjunkie: 4:21pm On Jun 19, 2023
Profdavvy:
Guys that received medical request , did u get 2emails notification from cic to check ur portal? I got their email early this afternoon and I'm scared asf to check gckey portal..lol ..cos I Don chop breakfast twice.
But now I'm trying to login and their site is messing up. I checked on the tracker but application still showing in progress , medical showing not started and eligibility showing not started.
I'm guessing it's passport request

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by zubizareta(m): 4:23pm On Jun 19, 2023
francophone134:
Are you saying they don't look at documents submitted via webform when your application is still under consideration? If yes, then I think your giving a misleading information. I know lots of people that submitted documents via webform and got acknowledgement for those documents.

There was recently a new policy announced to that effect. Think I read it here where you can't send in new documents once application is submitted except you are asked to submit it.

Also I think there might also be exception of docs once can submit vid webform after application has been submitted that will have logical reasons why it should be accepted and unfortunately I don't think deed of assignment would be considered in such category
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by zubizareta(m): 4:27pm On Jun 19, 2023
cadno:
Guys do you need to pay any money like N10k to VFS Global if you submitted passport for stamping in person and will also collect in person

All in Lagos!!!

Yes in some cases like if you didn't come on day of submission with your biometrics slip.
You have previously used up a free slot of the vfs service like you had to send in a new passport after the one used to apply had expired etc
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by zubizareta(m): 4:28pm On Jun 19, 2023
Profdavvy:

Check your portal, the trackers are not always timely updated
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 4:40pm On Jun 19, 2023
Profdavvy:

It is probably a ghost update, but I will advise, if you do not open it now, the message there will not change, so open and see what it is.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Teettyllayho: 4:46pm On Jun 19, 2023
Bobomaigida:

Hello T,
1. For a family of 5, you will need funds as shown below
Cost of Tuition = C$20,000
Living exp for PA = C$10,000
Living exp for Spouse = C$4,000
Accompanying kids = C$9,000
Flight Tickets = C$7,000
Miscellaneous =C$ 6,000
Total = C$56,000* 493 (Rate as at today) =N27,608,000
It can be more than this, but know that whatever funds you have, you have to show how you raised the funds ie sources of funds

2. If you are targeting January intake, then you should the admission by now, and the POF should have been in your account by now, or latest July ending. (You can use lump sum so long as you can explain the sources exhaustively.) While you are gathering other documents

3. In addition to the properties, you have to employ other things to use a home ties, your job that you will be coming back to? Your association memberships etc

Thank you so much for this response. I truly appreciate it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1207) (1208) (1209) (1210) (1211) (1212) (1213) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.