Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,160 members, 7,818,531 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:04 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (1221) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1221768 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1218) (1219) (1220) (1221) (1222) (1223) (1224) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Omothickerbody(f): 5:39pm On Jun 22, 2023
Good evening all

I want to ask. To pay for canada student permit, do i need to convert the money to dollars or i can just pay in naira with my credit card?

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bennaz(m): 6:00pm On Jun 22, 2023
TradeSunMoore:

You will be approved if you meet the eligibility criteria just that it will set you back 3months. My daughter had similar situation in 2021. After the 8 weeks and sputum comes out negative, you will do a final xray a month after. Once you clear this your medical will be updated to pass and application finalized.

Ohh thank you very much
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Andreconium: 6:04pm On Jun 22, 2023
Please help

I graduated last year November in Fine Arts
I am a freelancer
I applied for a pgd of 2 years in web application, designer stream
I'm 23 by the way.
I am looking into taking a loan to sponsor my study at 35m upwards for both years, tuition plus Living expenses for both years

Anyways, please how will I sort this out
My home ties are just my parents and siblings. I don't have any assets or landed properties. I am not even sure that this is financially proof either for Canada study visa.
I'm also thinking of using NYSC scheme as one of my home times, because I haven't done it yet.

Should I just carry this money to the UK, study masters in user experience and then apply for PR in Canada after 3 to 8 years .

Thanks for the reply
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Gentlesoul3268: 6:22pm On Jun 22, 2023
Find the equivalent of $150Cad to US dollar should be around $134 USD . FUnd your dollar account and pay or you can use payday dollar visual card.

Omothickerbody:
Good evening all

I want to ask. To pay for canada student permit, do i need to convert the money to dollars or i can just pay in naira with my credit card?

Thank you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by G8tfulSol: 7:35pm On Jun 22, 2023
My gurus in the house, I tried to book for my biometrics appointment today. See the error message it brought. Please what can I do.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by kensmoney(m): 7:54pm On Jun 22, 2023
Erwinjstoff:

Hello ken , where you able to sort it out ? Same situation as mine tho

Not at all
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by OBYNOWEST12(m): 8:05pm On Jun 22, 2023
Hello Guys, Please I want to ask a question. Is it possible for me to fully sponsor my sister to study in Canada. I base in UK and she's in Nigeria. I will be providing the POF in pounds.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Larryjam: 8:10pm On Jun 22, 2023
ferdinard21:

Good day house, If someone with a bachelor’s degree in medical human physiology and good work history in the hospital and volunteer services. If I decide to apply for two years diploma program in another related health care program in Canada would I be granted visa? Despite already having a bsc.

Thank you
Well you have to write a very convincing SOP as to how the course you want to do in Canada would be of great benefit to your present career or how it would help your career when you return to your country. If you can do that, you are fine. Coz career progression is important to visa officers.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 8:14pm On Jun 22, 2023
OBYNOWEST12:
Hello Guys, Please I want to ask a question. Is it possible for me to fully sponsor my sister to study in Canada. I base in UK and she's in Nigeria. I will be providing the POF in pounds.

Its possible, she has documentary evidence of your earnings/source of income and the account should be void of lump sum deposits. Your relationship should also be explained with documents.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by zubizareta(m): 8:18pm On Jun 22, 2023
OBYNOWEST12:

When did your sister finish school?? Has she been working and for how many years now??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by stainless91(m): 8:19pm On Jun 22, 2023
Hello guys. As regards MyBankStament, will the ticket generated allow visa officer to monitor the person's account even after submission of application? Or the ticket is only valid for the ending of transactions of the day/date generated?

For example, I generated a ticket for 31st may and submit my application; and do some transactions afterwards, will they have access to subsequent transactions on 1st June?

Thank you!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Christyiji: 8:35pm On Jun 22, 2023
Larryjam:

Well it’s either you didn’t enter correctly the information you were to provide or your application is not on their tracker yet.

Maybe it is not on their tracker because it was my application details that was asked and I provided same. UCI, application number and names..

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by zubizareta(m): 8:36pm On Jun 22, 2023
stainless91:
Hello guys. As regards MyBankStament, will the ticket generated allow visa officer to monitor the person's account even after submission of application? Or the ticket is only valid for the ending of transactions of the day/date generated?

For example, I generated a ticket for 31st may and submit my application; and do some transactions afterwards, will they have access to subsequent transactions on 1st June?

Thank you!

The ticket only allows them see the SOA you generated. They have no access to your acct beyond what the generated SOA you sent to them
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Larryjam: 8:45pm On Jun 22, 2023
coolangel54:
Yes, I am in BC now.

However, in Kelowna. The place is bustling and with a lot of jobs especially survival jobs as per 20hours. Cost of living is high especially rent. It's saddening!
Please ild like to reach you via email. So I sent an email request already. Kindly respond. I’m also on the verge of applying to ITD vernon thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by OBYNOWEST12(m): 8:51pm On Jun 22, 2023
Bobomaigida:

Its possible, she has documentary evidence of your earnings/source of income and the account should be void of lump sum deposits. Your relationship should also be explained with documents.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by OBYNOWEST12(m): 8:56pm On Jun 22, 2023
zubizareta:

When did your sister finish school?? Has she been working and for how many years now??

She just graduated this year, yet to do her NYSC but am thinking of sponsoring her to do her master in Canada next year.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by nk(f): 9:02pm On Jun 22, 2023
I encountered same issue but I noticed it opened after my payment has been confirmed.

kensmoney:
Please I need urgent help, I am trying to pay my tuition deposit for Centennial college and I login with my student id and my date of birthday as described on the portal but it did not work. Do anyone here encounter same issue?

Pls help provide solution for those that have made payments successful

Please note that tomorrow is deadline for deposit
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by zubizareta(m): 9:15pm On Jun 22, 2023
OBYNOWEST12:

She just graduated this year, yet to do her NYSC but am thinking of sponsoring her to do her master in Canada next year.

Study Gap is fine. You can fully sponsor her.
You can also use her NYSC as home ties saying she will immediately come back to Nigeria to undergo the mandatory NYSC.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ShowYoung: 9:26pm On Jun 22, 2023
Andreconium:
Please help

I graduated last year November in Fine Arts
I am a freelancer
I applied for a pgd of 2 years in web application, designer stream
I'm 23 by the way.
I am looking into taking a loan to sponsor my study at 35m upwards for both years, tuition plus Living expenses for both years

Anyways, please how will I sort this out
My home ties are just my parents and siblings. I don't have any assets or landed properties. I am not even sure that this is financially proof either for Canada study visa.
I'm also thinking of using NYSC scheme as one of my home times, because I haven't done it yet.

Should I just carry this money to the UK, study masters in user experience and then apply for PR in Canada after 3 to 8 years .

Thanks for the reply

Your post is more of an update about what you intend to do than asking questions. You may want to rephrase your statements.

Perhaps, someone who can understand your post better may comment. Kindly wait for others.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by G8tfulSol: 9:28pm On Jun 22, 2023
You will need a dorm account to do your payments.
Gentlesoul3268:

Find the equivalent of $150Cad to US dollar should be around $134 USD . FUnd your dollar account and pay or you can use payday dollar visual card.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by soojar(m): 9:30pm On Jun 22, 2023
Exchange rate today
N1 = 553 CAD
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Gentlesoul3268: 9:47pm On Jun 22, 2023
If you don't have domiciliary acct how can you get dollar account lol

G8tfulSol:
You will need a dorm account to do your payments.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by stainless91(m): 9:56pm On Jun 22, 2023
zubizareta:

The ticket only allows them see the SOA you generated. They have no access to your acct beyond what the generated SOA you sent to them

Thank you. Do you know how much bank charges for mybankstatement ticket generation?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Kenn55: 10:38pm On Jun 22, 2023
soojar:
Exchange rate today
N1 = 553 CAD

Wao! This is unbelievable. I know say one day Nigeria go make us proud. Let me go and buy naira sharply grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Electroweb(m): 11:14pm On Jun 22, 2023
shupy:
So many unfamiliar names here. Anyway, I am usually against using strangers to pay for application fees because, in recent times, we've seen people filing for chargebacks, and IRCC will, at the very least, refuse your application. The consequences are usually more severe than just application refusal. Anyway, my history speaks for itself on this platform. You can search for 'shupy' or 'shuppy.' I can pay for one or two applications on a monthly basis. Once I pay for two applications, that is my cap for the month. However, I must still emphasize the dangers of using a random person for visa payment. You're not just risking your money. I am using lemonade app selling rate and at this moment 1cad = N591.5.

Best wishes everyone awaiting PPR. Canada is very promising. Tomorrow is convocation.

Note: I no longer have time to provide guidance on the application process. Please only reach out if it's about application payment.

Hello,
I want to make enquiries concerning Lemonade /Lemfi for getting foreign currencies abroad. Is it authentic? Can anyone who has used it talk about his /her experience.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by JDB55(m): 12:18am On Jun 23, 2023
Pruddykelz:
Please can someone please add me to the Cambrian college group?
Drop your telegram username so that you can be added to the group. I'm also going to the same college
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ameera456: 12:37am On Jun 23, 2023
Hello everyone.I have been a long term silent reader,and I got my ppr recently.I will come back to post my timeline soon.
please I just tried to book for passport submission and the nearest date is July 10th.please for those of you who have done this:
Can I use dhl to send to Vfs lagos even though I live in lagos?
Is Vfs Abuja still faster than lagos?or should I just stick to where I did biometrics?
What is the average time it takes for my passport to come back?thank you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ferdinard21(m): 2:29am On Jun 23, 2023
Larryjam:

Well you have to write a very convincing SOP as to how the course you want to do in Canada would be of great benefit to your present career or how it would help your career when you return to your country. If you can do that, you are fine. Coz career progression is important to visa officers.

Thank you so much!!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by sudo1986: 3:48am On Jun 23, 2023
Ok, please can I contact you?

Philomathhh:

I have been living in Toronto for a few years now. I'm reaching out on behalf of my sister.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by subzheero: 5:16am On Jun 23, 2023
Good morning,Please will 17.5m be enough as POF for primary applicant and 2 kids considering the recent exchange rate.Is 1 year program ,tution will be fully paid..what will be left is 17.5m so wil it be enough as POF for them....Kindly assist.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ShowYoung: 5:33am On Jun 23, 2023
subzheero:
Good morning,Please will 17.5m be enough as POF for primary applicant and 2 kids considering the recent exchange rate.Is 1 year program ,tution will be fully paid..what will be left is 17.5m so wil it be enough as POF for them....Kindly assist.

Yes, it will be enough provided that tuition fee is not included.

Living expenses for you: $10,000/year.
Living expenses for your child: $3,000/year.
Miscellaneous expenses: $3000+
TOTAL: $16,000+

Multiply this value by the prevailing official CBN rate to get the equivalent value in Naira.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by subzheero: 5:47am On Jun 23, 2023
Thanks Boss
ShowYoung:

Yes, it will be enough provided that tuition fee is not included.

Living expenses for you: $10,000/year.
Living expenses for your child: $3,000/year.
Miscellaneous expenses: $3000+
TOTAL: $16,000+

Multiply this value by the prevailing official CBN rate to get the equivalent value in Naira.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1218) (1219) (1220) (1221) (1222) (1223) (1224) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.