Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,803 members, 7,820,812 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:15 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (1222) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1226975 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1219) (1220) (1221) (1222) (1223) (1224) (1225) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Larry1960: 6:10am On Jun 23, 2023
soojar:
Exchange rate today
N1 = 553 CAD

It's has gone up to 605. Anybody wey won enter na to hold minimum of 16-17M UK own na no go area. I guess the number of people wey wan travel go soon reduce cos this na discouragement how can oando rate be even higher than black market rate. Black market is between 570-590

Before with minimum of #10M you fit still enter Canada but now minimum of 16-17m UK now na from 20Million minimum upwards to enter uk. I don't even understand what this Tinubu dey do I swear this policy no dey help matter only solution na to increase our export
only God know whether dangote refinery go bring succour soon I heard yesterday them wan release some more forex into the economy

Make we see if the coming months e go bring the price down na so them still talk for the subsidy removal say fuel go still come down

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by idirect(m): 6:17am On Jun 23, 2023
Ikay3502:
@Erwinjstoff I just stumbled across this on one of the threads, i hope it helps.
Put all the documents below in an envelope and send to:

Visa Application Centre
Sterling Bank Plaza, 3rd Floor Plot No 1083, Mohammadu Buhari Way,Central Business District abuja Nigeria
Documents:
-2 duly signed consent forms.
-2 copies of passport data page
-passport Request Letter
-Yellow biometric slip
-Receipt of payment of transmission fee
N9,410 (you will pay this fee if you didn't capture biometrics at abuja VFS) Ignore this since you did your biometrics in abuja

-A paper with your contact details: name, phone number, email address, home address.

Pay the transmission fee to
Canada Logistics Collection Account
Sterling Bank Pl

Also note that you’ll have to pay vfs to deliver your passport to your desired location if you can’t pickup yourself in abuja.

passport delivery procedure
Pay 18,710 to Canada Logistics Collection Account (0065165839) Stealing Bank. forward the proof of payment to canadang@vfshelpline.com

I will attach the link to download courier service form, instead of waiting for vfs to send it. Download, fill and attach it together with the proof of payment.

https://www.vfsglobal.com/Malaysia/Nigeria/pdf/SMS-Request.pdf
Thanks for this info, it will come handy for me later🌚

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by dkingslayer99: 7:42am On Jun 23, 2023
Madukachase:
My course is 19k for 1year. IBM

Very good. Same school and course IBM. Hope to see you soon.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Goddy001: 7:43am On Jun 23, 2023
Ultimaate:

My program is a 2years diploma
Fees is 35,500 CAD
I have paid deposit of 1000 CAD with option then to deposit the first semester fees if my sch opens portal for international student fees.
The sponsor is my mother
I did 1 year internship after my graduation and there was no salary for it, but I attached my employment latter.
I did not explain why my mum is sponsoring and didn’t emphasize more there.
I didn’t explain her remaining properties and car.
I did Biochemistry and I’m furthering for laboratory research and biotechnology.
I uploaded the attorney’s papers of the landed documents sold.

Please what is the name of the school that gave you the admission?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by dealslip(f): 7:48am On Jun 23, 2023
Zeema123:
. No it doesn’t affect your application in anyway . I was once denied a b1/b2 America visa visa twice and I still got my student permit visa approved last month to the glory of God .
Hi, how did you apply for the student permit? I have admission but I need guidance as to how to start the application. I want to do it myself. I just need guidance from someone who has done it before. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by deejay123: 8:34am On Jun 23, 2023
When did you apply and what is the initial deposit needed. Hope you got replies
zubizareta:

Bro did you get a response to this question? Especially the tuition deposit

Is the IELTS compulsory for Nigerians??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Sterling289128: 9:10am On Jun 23, 2023
Can a parent who is already in Canada apply for study visa for 2children with 19kcad?

ShowYoung:

Yes, it will be enough provided that tuition fee is not included.

Living expenses for you: $10,000/year.
Living expenses for your child: $3,000/year.
Miscellaneous expenses: $3000+
TOTAL: $16,000+

Multiply this value by the prevailing official CBN rate to get the equivalent value in Naira.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Fredba: 9:17am On Jun 23, 2023
Can 19.5m available bal get me study visa?
First semester tuition already paid. 9k/semester

20m investment certificate from a company, to be liquidated in November

One land doc and shop doc
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by alexsim: 9:25am On Jun 23, 2023
alexekp@yahoo.com
zubizareta:

Drop your email, I will respond
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by segzyndpep(m): 10:20am On Jun 23, 2023
Good day, everyone. Could someone clarify if the student's dependent needs to write a separate SOP and LOE? Or one is sufficient.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by soojar(m): 10:32am On Jun 23, 2023
Larry1960:

It's has gone up to 605. Anybody wey won enter na to hold minimum of 16-17M UK own na no go area. I guess the number of people wey wan travel go soon reduce cos this na discouragement how can oando rate be even higher than black market rate. Black market is between 570-590

Before with minimum of #10M you fit still enter Canada but now minimum of 16-17m UK now na from 20Million minimum upwards to enter uk. I don't even understand what this Tinubu dey do I swear this policy no dey help matter only solution na to increase our export
only God know whether dangote refinery go bring succour soon I heard yesterday them wan release some more forex into the economy

Make we see if the coming months e go bring the price down na so them still talk for the subsidy removal say fuel go still come down

Na so o. But 553 is what IRCC used as at 22nd not the Oando's 605.

Hopefully by releasing more Forex will adjust the price downwards in the short run and with the billions of dollars being paid for subsidy scam stopped can also assist to push the price down. The long run solution as you said is for our exports to miraculously increase from just the oil to other things.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by zubizareta(m): 10:59am On Jun 23, 2023
alexsim:
alexekp@yahoo.com

Check your mail
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Thescome(m): 12:21pm On Jun 23, 2023
Has your eligibility review started?
Profdavvy:
Those of us that had the issue of eligibility review started 2weeks ago but after three days it disappeared and bk to application in progress we would send you a message when eligibility starts . Has anyone yet gotten final decision after this issue ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ultimaate: 12:29pm On Jun 23, 2023
Goddy001:

Please what is the name of the school that gave you the admission?

Nait.ca

Northern Alberta institute of technology
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Letusconnect: 12:39pm On Jun 23, 2023
Is there anyone who submitted application beginning of this month and eligibility review has started?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ultimaate: 12:40pm On Jun 23, 2023
Zane2point4:

Someone have meticulously answered the fund aspect for you and i beleive him,i think theres a lump sum in the acct without any explanation!

Buh the main issue is the ties you’ve in canada.
If you hv made enough research or watch u tube videos even in nairaland ,you shldnt hv even pointed out you have sister in canada,that is shooting yourself in the foot.

Thirdly many agents are just thrash, mine was directly responsible for my first denial! He just did nonsense sop and document and submitted!

Second time i used my hand and made research and did the second application without gcm note and still got!

Can we talk through email or whatsapp I might need your assistance
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Dessymond394: 12:57pm On Jun 23, 2023
Pls how do you know its 553cad to N1 that IRCC used as at 22nd?
soojar:

Na so o. But 553 is what IRCC used as at 22nd not the Oando's 605.

Hopefully by releasing more Forex will adjust the price downwards in the short run and with the billions of dollars being paid for subsidy scam stopped can also assist to push the price down. The long run solution as you said is for our exports to miraculously increase from just the oil to other things.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Dessymond394: 12:59pm On Jun 23, 2023
Not yet.. But have you passed your medicals?
Letusconnect:
Is there anyone who submitted application beginning of this month and eligibility review has started?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Cutiemirror: 1:00pm On Jun 23, 2023
Please can we chat on whatsup. Just got admission
Zane2point4:

Someone have meticulously answered the fund aspect for you and i beleive him,i think theres a lump sum in the acct without any explanation!

Buh the main issue is the ties you’ve in canada.
If you hv made enough research or watch u tube videos even in nairaland ,you shldnt hv even pointed out you have sister in canada,that is shooting yourself in the foot.

Thirdly many agents are just thrash, mine was directly responsible for my first denial! He just did nonsense sop and document and submitted!

Second time i used my hand and made research and did the second application without gcm note and still got!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Henryojay12: 1:15pm On Jun 23, 2023
Dessymond394:
Forex is the best way to earn now
Mostly because of the current increase in dollar rate.
I am opening a big community soon to help teach people how to trade forex and make money for themselves for free this is because the more the population the more profit I make with the help of great minds in the community
If you want in text me on WhatsApp +2347042340356
I dont guarantee 100% profit but at the end of the day the wins would surpass the loss

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ShowYoung: 1:29pm On Jun 23, 2023
Sterling289128:

Can a parent who is already in Canada apply for study visa for 2children with 19kcad?

Are the two children eligible for free education?
Are the two children minor?
Are the two children intending to enroll in a post secondary institution?

My response will be based on your answers to the questions above: but generally, if I consider the parent to be either an international student, PR or worker, and the two children are intending to enroll in Grade 1 - 12, the C$ 19K is enough.

Tuition fee: $0. Free education till High School.
Living expenses $6,000 ($3,000/child/year)
Miscellaneous $3,000+.
Total : $9,000+.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Oyesquare10: 1:36pm On Jun 23, 2023
Hi everyone, please I need some advice and guide. Is there a chance to study in Canada with UK skilled Visa? I am currently on skilled Visa in UK and I was intending to study Nursing but it is more expensive here in the Uk compared to Canada. Moreso, I do wish to immigrate to Canada.
I did Anatomy at undergraduate back in Nigeria.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated please.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ShowYoung: 1:45pm On Jun 23, 2023
Fredba:
Can 19.5m available bal get me study visa?
First semester tuition already paid. 9k/semester

20m investment certificate from a company, to be liquidated in November

One land doc and shop doc

Firstly, I will like to make you aware that nobody can tell you that you can get visa irrespective of your POF because visa approval is a privilege and not a right: while you can have more than enough funds for your study, there is more to having successful application.

To reduce to a great extent the risk of refusal due to financial insufficiency, you need the following:

I consider you have paid tuition fee: hence,
1. Living expenses $10,000/year.
2. Miscellaneous expenses $3,000+

If you are able to provide more information like the duration of your program, how many people are accompanying you etc, you will be able to get close to accurate value of POF needed.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Letusconnect: 1:45pm On Jun 23, 2023
Dessymond394:
Not yet.. But have you passed your medicals?

No I’m yet to do my medicals. Do they pass medicals before eligibility review?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ShowYoung: 1:51pm On Jun 23, 2023
Oyesquare10:
Hi everyone, please I need some advice and guide. Is there a chance to study in Canada with UK skilled Visa? I am currently on skilled Visa in UK and I was intending to study Nursing but it is more expensive here in the Uk compared to Canada. Moreso, I do wish to immigrate to Canada.
I did Anatomy at undergraduate back in Nigeria.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated please.

Anyone can study in Canada so long you meet the eligibility requirements.

Some of the concerns you may need to address are:
1. Your status in the UK currently. If for example it is established that your work permit will soon expire and it would be difficult for you to remain in the UK, it is logical to assume that you are trying to gain entry into Canada to escape returning home. This will put you at a disadvantage.
2. Proof of Fund.
3. Purpose of study cum Career Progression/Academic Progression etc.

You will do well to address those concerns and more.

Kindly note that this is my thought, it may be incorrect, outdated and may not be good for you. It should not be regarded as a professional or immigration advice.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Larryjam: 2:01pm On Jun 23, 2023
ferdinard21:

Thank you so much!!!!
One more thing, don’t give the VO the impression that you have dual intent. That is… you have to convince that you will surely return to your country after your program.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Dessymond394: 2:13pm On Jun 23, 2023
Yes, different applicant, different processing time..Some pple that did upfront medicals that applied beginning of this month have gotten their medical passed..
Letusconnect:

No I’m yet to do my medicals. Do they pass medicals before eligibility review?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Phamoxy(m): 2:22pm On Jun 23, 2023
Please someone should come to my aid, I feel so sad right now, my application was refused 😢

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by soojar(m): 2:39pm On Jun 23, 2023
Dessymond394:

Rate today 23rd June 575

Official rate can be found here:
https://www.tpsgc-pwgsc.gc.ca/cgi-bin/recgen/er.pl?Language=E

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Osamedehenry(m): 2:39pm On Jun 23, 2023
Is there anyone that applied to Brandon university here and will be coming to Brandon Manitoba that needs assistance you can reach out to me.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1219) (1220) (1221) (1222) (1223) (1224) (1225) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.