Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,668 members, 7,816,747 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:15 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (1223) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1219624 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1220) (1221) (1222) (1223) (1224) (1225) (1226) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Phamoxy(m): 2:40pm On Jun 23, 2023
Letusconnect:
Is there anyone who submitted application beginning of this month and eligibility review has started?
I applied 3rd of this Month, did biometric on 14th this month and I got a refusal today.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by soojar(m): 2:43pm On Jun 23, 2023
Phamoxy:
Please someone should come to my aid, I feel so sad right now, my application was refused 😒

Sorry about that. I'm sure if you provide necessary information gurus in the house will assist you. People are always willing to help here.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Fredba: 2:44pm On Jun 23, 2023
ShowYoung:

Firstly, I will like to make you aware that nobody can tell you that you can get visa irrespective of your POF because visa approval is a privilege and not a right: while you can have more than enough funds for your study, there is more to having successful application.

To reduce to a great extent the risk of refusal due to financial insufficiency, you need the following:

I consider you have paid tuition fee: hence,
1. Living expenses $10,000/year.
2. Miscellaneous expenses $3,000+

If you are able to provide more information like the duration of your program, how many people are accompanying you etc, you will be able to get close to accurate value of POF needed.

Oh okay
I'm going for a 2 yrs diploma

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by peejay03: 2:52pm On Jun 23, 2023
So sorry about your refusal. I understand how you feel. The refusal letter has explained why your visa was refused and i believe it is because of the recent increase in the exchange rate which might affect a lot of people. Try to add to your available funds and re-apply when your application seems stronger.

I was also refused last week. They said i submitted a document that lacks authenticity. I applied myself and was so sure of all my documents. I still can't pick which document lacks authenticity. I've requested for my GCMS note. Hopefully, they state which document i need to address. It is well.
Phamoxy:
Please someone should come to my aid, I feel so sad right now, my application was refused 😒
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Phamoxy(m): 3:09pm On Jun 23, 2023
peejay03:
So sorry about your refusal. I understand how you feel. The refusal letter has explained why your visa was refused and i believe it is because of the recent increase in the exchange rate which might affect a lot of people. Try to add to your available funds and re-apply when your application seems stronger.

I was also refused last week. They said i submitted a document that lacks authenticity. I applied myself and was so sure of all my documents. I still can't pick which document lacks authenticity. I've requested for my GCMS note. Hopefully, they state which document i need to address. It is well.
Thanks alot bro, please how do I request for the GCMS note?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by zubizareta(m): 3:15pm On Jun 23, 2023
This period will be the best time to go for 1 year program then you can decide to extend and do a 1+1 in Canada. This POF issue isn't funny again.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Dessymond394: 3:16pm On Jun 23, 2023
Very sorry
Phamoxy:

I applied 3rd of this Month, did biometric on 14th this month and I got a refusal today.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Dessymond394: 3:19pm On Jun 23, 2023
How much was your POF? Did you pay atleast a semester fee? What's your tuition fee per year?What's the duration of your studies? Are you self sponsored? If you are not self sponsored, who's your sponsor?
Phamoxy:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by shupy: 3:23pm On Jun 23, 2023
Electroweb:

Hello,
I want to make enquiries concerning Lemonade /Lemfi for getting foreign currencies abroad. Is it authentic? Can anyone who has used it talk about his /her experience.

Thanks

It’s reliable.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Phamoxy(m): 3:28pm On Jun 23, 2023
Dessymond394:
How much was your POF? Did you pay atleast a semester fee? What's your tuition fee per year?What's the duration of your studies? Are you self sponsored? If you are not self sponsored, who's your sponsor?
19.5m POF, yes paid first semester tuition fee of 2.3million 3894 cad out of 12,484 for one year ... Two years diploma course in college of North Atlantic New Foundland, yes self sponsored

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Dessymond394: 3:30pm On Jun 23, 2023
My bro.. I can deduce the likely reason for your refusal
Phamoxy:

19.5m POF, yes paid first semester tuition fee of 2.3million 3894 cad out of 12,484 for one year ... Two years diploma course in college of North Atlantic New Foundland, yes self sponsored
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Phamoxy(m): 3:35pm On Jun 23, 2023
Dessymond394:
My bro.. I can deduce
the likely reason for your refusal
What can u deduce bro, and how did u order for the GCMS note?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by isangjohnson: 3:37pm On Jun 23, 2023
TradeSunMoore:

You will be approved if you meet the eligibility criteria just that it will set you back 3months. My daughter had similar situation in 2021. After the 8 weeks and sputum comes out negative, you will do a final xray a month after. Once you clear this your medical will be updated to pass and application finalized.
Please, what effect will it have with someone having asthma?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Dessymond394: 3:37pm On Jun 23, 2023
A friend of mine got his visa few days ago for a one year course and he applied last week of may with 10m POF and he paid first semester fee of 8kcad and your POF is not low, your Pof is good 19.5m..leme ask these questions
1. Did you add properties,
2.do you work in Nigeria or you own a business(if u own a business, did you submit TCC, CAC documents business invoices/ receipt
3. Did you have lump sum in ur POF.. 19.5m is a very good POF as long as u provide evidence of how you plan to continue sponsor urself during the 2 years
Cos sometimes these VO considers how will you be able to continue to sponsor yourself if you leave your job in Nigeria or you leave your business without anyone to manage it
Phamoxy:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Biola67: 3:39pm On Jun 23, 2023
Dessymond394:
A friend of mine got his visa few days ago for a one year course and he applied last week of may with 10m POF and he paid first semester fee of 8kcad and your POF is not low, your Pof is good 19.5m..leme ask these questions
2.do you work in Nigeria or you own a business(if u own a business, did you submit TCC, CAC documents business invoices/ receipt
Cos sometimes these VO considers how will you be able to continue to sponsor yourself if you leave your job in Nigeria or you leave your business without anyone to manage it
Pls I need that your friend to list the documents he submitted..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Dessymond394: 3:40pm On Jun 23, 2023
First answer these questions
Biola67:

Pls I need that your friend to list the documents he submitted..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Phamoxy(m): 3:41pm On Jun 23, 2023
Dessymond394:
Yes a added a property worth 10m.. I work in Nigeria I added my employment letter and even promotion letters to it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Dessymond394: 3:48pm On Jun 23, 2023
No lump sum? I will try and get the list of documents my frnd used..
Phamoxy:

Yes a added a property worth 10m.. I work in Nigeria I added my employment letter and even promotion letters to it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Phamoxy(m): 3:50pm On Jun 23, 2023
Dessymond394:
No lump sum? I will try and get the list of documents my frnd used..
No lump sum, alright thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by portablesuzy: 4:00pm On Jun 23, 2023
GOOD DAY HOUSE HOPE ITS NOT TO LATE TO SUBMIT MY DOCUMENTS FOR STUDY PERMITS FOR SEPTEMBER INTAKE.
. NOTHING WEY PERSON EYES NOGO SEE FOR PASSPORT OFFICE IN NIGER.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Oyesquare10: 4:17pm On Jun 23, 2023
Thank you for your response. It is very much appreciated.
I just got my 5 years skilled Visa, so I still have permit here in UK till 2028.
I am planning towards September 2024 so I intend to start saving towards it with the support of my husband as well.
I might need assistance in the career progression. I have always desired to be a Nurse but Nigeria happened so I studied Anatomy but I am now planing to do Bachelor's degree again though year 3 & 4.

ShowYoung:

Anyone can study in Canada so long you meet the eligibility requirements.

Some of the concerns you may need to address are:
1. Your status in the UK currently. If for example it is established that your work permit will soon expire and it would be difficult for you to remain in the UK, it is logical to assume that you are trying to gain entry into Canada to escape returning home. This will put you at a disadvantage.
2. Proof of Fund.
3. Purpose of study cum Career Progression/Academic Progression etc.

You will do well to address those concerns and more.

Kindly note that this is my thought, it may be incorrect, outdated and may not be good for you. It should not be regarded as a professional or immigration advice.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Og3chukwu: 4:30pm On Jun 23, 2023
Hello All, I just got admission to Conestoga Winter 2024 intake, I want to defer to September 2024 as I won't be able to meet up... Do I need a solid reason to defer? I haven't applied for Visa yet.

Do I need to send a mail to the school? or I can do that from the OCAS app?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by TradeSunMoore: 4:38pm On Jun 23, 2023
isangjohnson:

Please, what effect will it have with someone having asthma?
I do not think it will be a problem. They focus on TB due to the infectious nature. Asthma is not a communicable infection.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ShowYoung: 4:58pm On Jun 23, 2023
Phamoxy:

You should focus on POF-- form of POF, presentation, sufficiency among others.

People who have refusal reasons like yours have high chances of success upon reapplication if they work on and tidy up POF aspect

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Willie3040: 5:05pm On Jun 23, 2023
Please Guru,

How long does it take for the GCMS note to be out (I mean least time).
Can I submit a POF from a microfinance bank .. (Baines Credit Microfinance Bank) precisely?

Thanks πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™ alot in advance.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ShowYoung: 5:16pm On Jun 23, 2023
Oyesquare10:
Thank you for your response. It is very much appreciated.
I just got my 5 years skilled Visa, so I still have permit here in UK till 2028.
I am planning towards September 2024 so I intend to start saving towards it with the support of my husband as well.
I might need assistance in the career progression. I have always desired to be a Nurse but Nigeria happened so I studied Anatomy but I am now planing to do Bachelor's degree again though year 3 & 4.

Admission into Nursing program is highly competitive. You should start your school application now for the next academic year.

You should also note that it may be difficult to secure admission into 3rd year of Bachelor of Nursing degree. If you want this, you can search for 2-year Post Degree Bachelor of Nursing degree of the University of Saskatchewan
https://admissions.usask.ca/nursing-post-degree.php#top
This is designed for degree holders. It is a post degree program.
Or
Start afresh from year 1 of normal Bachelor of Nursing degree.

Alternatively, you should note that B NSc will make you an RN and Diploma in Nursing Science will make you an RPN. Both are professional nurses. You can enroll in a Diploma course to become an RPN.

RN:-- Registered Nurse.
RPN:-- Registered Practical Nurse (should not be confused for Registered Psychiatric Nurse that requires a bachelor degree to get)

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ShowYoung: 5:27pm On Jun 23, 2023
Fredba:

Oh okay
I'm going for a 2 yrs diploma

I consider you have paid tuition fee: hence,
1. Living expenses: $20,000 ($10,000/year)
2. Miscellaneous expenses $3,000+

This is for an individual-- the applicant only.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by nnamdi346: 5:29pm On Jun 23, 2023
Oyesquare10:
Hi everyone, please I need some advice and guide. Is there a chance to study in Canada with UK skilled Visa? I am currently on skilled Visa in UK and I was intending to study Nursing but it is more expensive here in the Uk compared to Canada. Moreso, I do wish to immigrate to Canada.
I did Anatomy at undergraduate back in Nigeria.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated please.

I am currently on a Tier 2/skilled worker visa in the UK. My wife who is going to study Nursing in Ontario was initially refused based on the concern below. She applied from the UK. Anatomy is also in line.

"Your immigration status outside your country of nationality or habitual residence"
"The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application."

But we tried applying again without including our child and explained that our Biometric Resident Permit Card had a wrong expiry date and it was successful the second time.

She is going for Nursing as well.

If you can convince them that you will return to Nigeria via home ties, employment, properties etc , justify why canada schools over UK (this was flagged in our GCMS note) you are good to go

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by nnamdi346: 5:33pm On Jun 23, 2023
ShowYoung:

Admission into Nursing program is highly competitive. You should start your school application now for the next academic year.

You should also note that it may be difficult to secure admission into 3rd year of Bachelor of Nursing degree. If you want this, you can search for 2-year Post Degree Bachelor of Nursing degree of the University of Saskatchewan
https://admissions.usask.ca/nursing-post-degree.php#top
This is designed for degree holders. It is a post degree program.
Or
Start afresh from year 1 of normal Bachelor of Nursing degree.

Alternatively, you should note that B NSc will make you an RN and Diploma in Nursing Science will make you an RPN. Both are professional nurses. You can enroll in a Diploma course to become an RPN.

RN:-- Registered Nurse.
RPN:-- Registered Practical Nurse (should not be confused for Registered Psychiatric Nurse that requires a bachelor degree to get)

Well said
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ShowYoung: 5:35pm On Jun 23, 2023
Dessymond394:
3. Did you have lump sum in ur POF.. 19.5m is a very good POF as long as u provide evidence of how you plan to continue sponsor urself during the 2 years

19.5m may not be enough considering the sharp increase in foreign exchange rate, the second year tuition fee, the balance of the first year tuition fee among others.

You will agree that the situation of things in May is quite different from today

While many but an insignificant number have been able to get visa approvals with just a minimum of one year POF, majority are not favoured by this in this part of the world. This is why it is always better to show POF for the whole 2 years.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ShowYoung: 5:35pm On Jun 23, 2023
Phamoxy:

19.5m may not be enough considering the sharp increase in foreign exchange rate, the second year tuition fee, the balance of the first year tuition fee among others.

While many but an insignificant number have been able to get visa approvals with just a minimum of one year POF, majority are not favoured by this in this part of the world. This is why it is always better to show POF for the whole 2 years.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by OBYNOWEST12(m): 5:40pm On Jun 23, 2023
nnamdi346:

I am currently on a Tier 2/skilled worker visa in the UK. My wife who is going to study Nursing in Ontario was initially refused based on the concern below. She applied from the UK

"Your immigration status outside your country of nationality or habitual residence"
"The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application."

But we tried applying again without including our child and explained that our Biometric Resident Permit Card had a wrong expiry date and it was successful the second time.

She is going for Nursing as well.

If you can convince them that you will return to Nigeria via home ties, employment, properties etc , justify why canada schools over UK (this was flagged in our GCMS note) you are good to go

Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1220) (1221) (1222) (1223) (1224) (1225) (1226) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.