Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,479 members, 7,816,132 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:12 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (127) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1219206 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by sweetchi1011: 10:51am On Aug 24, 2022
flower1019078:

GUYS OOO!!! YOU CAN SEE ME WHAT THE LORD HAS DONE FOR ME OOO!!!
IT IS PPR!!!
FILE LODGE; 9TH MAY 2022
MEDICALS: 25TH APRIL 2022( UPDATED ON 27TH JUINE)
BIOMETRICS: 16TH MAY 2022( UPDATED ON 21ST JULY)
REVIEW OF ELIGIBILITY STARTED: YESTERDAY ON THE 22 OF AUGUST( RIGHT AFTER MY SCHOOL MOVE IN DAY)
PPR: TODAY!! ON THE 23RD OF AUGUST
I APPLIED THROUGH THE NEW PORTAL
GOING TO THE UNIVERSITY OF ALBERTA

YESTERDAY I CALLED US AND CANADA IRRC LINES AND LAID COMPLAINTS AND SENT EMAILS TO THE AMERICAN EMAILS BOTH NEWYORK AND LOSANGELES
I WAS USING AN AGENT SO WHEN I GET MY INFO FROM THEM I WILL POST MY FILE SUBMITTED
I PRAY FOR YOU ALL TOO!!!

Please what number(s) did you call?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 10:57am On Aug 24, 2022
Hafeez6948:
My people i have i received BVL today 9:48 i hope my ppr is imminent as well..

It can go either way, just hope and pray for the best, I am praying with you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by llionaire(m): 11:12am On Aug 24, 2022
bullstriker:
Do you mean to inform IRCC on the change of DLI, or were you told to send your new admission letter to IRCC? If it is the former, to inform IRCC of the change of DLI, you have to use the old portal (MyCIC account). You could create a new Mycic account even if you did not use it for the application. When you log in, click ‘Students: Transfer schools. It will bring up a page where you can enter your application number, personal information and school details. From there, everything is self-explanatory.

Please note that you could be asked to submit a new application when you change DLI before obtaining your study permit. So why don’t you do it just to be safe after CBSA has issued your study permit?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by lilangel20: 11:13am On Aug 24, 2022
I received it on Saturday...
This week, we must shine
digits234:
I'm July 4th too Biometrics updated same day.
Only Medical updated to passed on Aug 8th. Nothing since then.
Has your eligibility review started?

@lilangel20 when did you receive the "active review" mail?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by llionaire(m): 11:14am On Aug 24, 2022
Gigdraft:
Hi Immacbaby,

I would strongly advise you against booking that flight. 3 months before your enrollment date would raise the CBSA officer's suspicion.

Please do not even attempt it. Anything from 4 weeks is fine.

Love you and have a safe flight!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by olokings(m): 11:16am On Aug 24, 2022
My people! My people!!!!

It is PPR x5 oooooooh. We are a family of six (6)!!!!

Omo! The initial shock of receiving the donotreply mail can raise BP to the roof.

I have received PPR for my self (Study permit), SOWP for Spouse, Study Permit x 2 (for Child 1 & 2), Visitor Visa (for minor - 1 yr old). Child 3 is a US citizen so we will apply Study Permit at the border.

April 30th Applicant.

I am still digesting the ecstacy in the office.

Detailed timeline and document to follow later.

Charity james, 2Pretty4U, Kiara and the overall NL family I wish us all positive results in our application.

Meehn, this feeling is to die for...hummmmm

PS: We are going to New Brunswick (Fredericton)

72 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by digits234: 11:23am On Aug 24, 2022
Congratulations! x6

olokings:
My people! My people!!!!

Omo! The initial shock of receiving the donotreply mail can raise BP to the roof.

I have received PPR for my self (Study permit), SOWP for Spouse, Study Permit x 2 (for Child 1 & 2), Visitor Visa (for minor - 1 yr old). Child 3 is a US citizen so we will apply Study Permit at the border.

April 30th Applicant.

Charity james, 2Pretty4U, Kiara and the overall NL family I wish us all positive results in our application.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by digits234: 11:24am On Aug 24, 2022
Amen and amen..

lilangel20:
I received it on Saturday...
This week, we must shine

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by olufunbi(f): 11:25am On Aug 24, 2022
Wow,congratulations this is huge.Father I trust you for my own PPR soon amen.

olokings:
My people! My people!!!!

April 30th Applicant.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Gigdraft: 11:32am On Aug 24, 2022
llionaire:
I think the 4 weeks restriction has been relaxed now
https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/pub/international-students-etudiants-etrangers-eng.html
https://www.collegesinstitutes.ca/entry-of-students-in-advance-of-study/
Hi llionaire,

Please note that an advice is not synonymous to an illegality. Hence, when an individual advises you against an action, it will be at your discretion to go with it or against it.

Traveling to Canada 3 months before resumption might not be illegal but it will raise the CBSA officer's suspicion. Therefore, I wouldn't advise anyone to make such choice.

Below is a screenshot from the link you attached.

I hope you understand better now?

Gigdraft:
Hi Immacbaby,

I would strongly advise you against booking that flight. 3 months before your enrollment date would raise the CBSA officer's suspicion.

Please do not even attempt it. Anything from 4 weeks is fine.

Love you and have a safe flight!

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by sweetchi1011: 11:34am On Aug 24, 2022
olokings:
My people! My people!!!!

April 30th Applicant.

Congratulations to you and yours, mine is next, Amen

See you in Fredericton soon

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by mrdharkchild(m): 11:35am On Aug 24, 2022
Please who has done the CBN Form A for upkeep before.
Please kindly help out with what I need, guidelines.
I know the guidelines are on the website, but I need someone who has practically done it before.
Regards.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by rahmeekadigz(f): 11:41am On Aug 24, 2022
Congratulations
olokings:
My people! My people!!!!

April 30th Applicant.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Sheyilola123: 11:43am On Aug 24, 2022
Hello guys. Please I need a response. Canada needs 6 months bank statement.. Let's assume I need 20million to process my study permit and I had sent the whole 20million before the 6months time frame, then within the 6 months time frame I start doing some little in and outs from the account until after 6 months and I'm ready to apply. Is this a clever way to beat the system since they would be checking for lumpsum within the 6 months but you have already sent your lumpsum before the 6months?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Benstephen9: 11:45am On Aug 24, 2022
Hafeez6948:
My people i have received BVL today 9:48 i hope my ppr is imminent as well..

Update us if you receive ppr. I received correspondence since 17th August nothing till now
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by sos123: 11:48am On Aug 24, 2022
My friend is a June applicant and submitted through the old portal. His PPR came out two weeks ago.

XtyOgor4g:
Congratulations to all those who got ppr. Is there any June applicants who submitted through the old portal? Has your eligibility started? No show yet ooo .Its well.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Chiziteremary: 11:52am On Aug 24, 2022
Big congrats to you and your family. May the land of Canada favour u in Jesus name.

olokings:
My people! My people!!!!

April 30th Applicant.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by HouseRavenclaw: 11:54am On Aug 24, 2022
sinorte:
Two things please:

1. Kindly share the vfs customer care number
2. Did you say the customer care said payment can't be done from one's phone bank app?

Hello,

This is the number VFS lists as their contact information for Abuja: +234815 019 900. When I called, the very irate customer service representative told me that transmission fees were paid for new applications even if the first one had the biometrics done in Abuja. When I asked if a transfer would suffice he said, "Nothing like that. Go to a Sterling bank branch and pay into the Canada Logistics Account. Print out the invoice in color and attach it to your envelope."

Since I'm not in Abuja, I did what was asked but scanned the deposit receipt and mailed it to DHL. They offered to keep my package in Abuja so they could print it out and reschedule the delivery instead of reinitiating the entire process.

I can't say they don't accept bank transfers, because it seems like some people have printed out their bank app receipts and their passports have been stamped. However since I was specifically given one option, I didn't want to press on it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by HouseRavenclaw: 11:58am On Aug 24, 2022
Oreoluwamipo:
Good morning everyone, i submitted my passport for stamping to lagos VFS last Tuesday through DHL and i haven't gotten any response yet , should i be worried please ?

Hi, did you pay transmission fee?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by 2pretty4u(f): 12:01pm On Aug 24, 2022
olokings:
My people! My people!!!!

April 30th Applicant.

God is faithful, I am so so happy for you. The land of Canada will favour you and your family. Congratulations

My family is next in the name of Jesus.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Krystal0(f): 12:09pm On Aug 24, 2022
No you cannot. Just bank wire transfer

Fintech2023:
Please I want to find out who has made tuition payment through CIBC pay - https://isp.cibc.com/ITPP/CEN/#/cenLogin.

They seem to have good rate!

Can one pay with Visa or Mastercard in naira considering choosing your country of payment from their platform.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by kennyjoy(m): 12:18pm On Aug 24, 2022
llionaire:
I think the 4 weeks restriction has been relaxed now
https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/pub/international-students-etudiants-etrangers-eng.html
https://www.collegesinstitutes.ca/entry-of-students-in-advance-of-study/

Hi Ilionaire. In addition to what Gigdraft stated, traveling to Canada 3 months before resumption might not be illegal. So far, you meet the entry requirement and tell the officer why you arrive too early before the start date. Aside from Cbsa being suspicious, the fund's factor should also be consider, you will start spending money here when you arrive, and you can't work until you resume classes. So one month before resumption is still ideal, and you can settle in within that time frame.

Best wishes.

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by BoluwajiPieters: 12:26pm On Aug 24, 2022
lilangel20:
July 2nd..
God will go through for us.

Hello, I hope you're doing well? I see you're going to INRS in Quebec. I'd like to ask if the language of instruction is French and if you had to take any French exams before being given admission.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Teezkid: 12:27pm On Aug 24, 2022
Really hoping the best for you

Hafeez6948:
My people i have received BVL today 9:48 i hope my ppr is imminent as well..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by GloriaBekee: 12:28pm On Aug 24, 2022
olokings:
My people! My people!!!!

April 30th Applicant.

please I’ll be waiting for your details ooo cos mine is for family visa too ( family of 5) let me know how to start and documents submitted
Congratulations � mine must be a success too

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Canadaornothing(f): 12:32pm On Aug 24, 2022
Can somebody explain how this Canada thing works?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Canadaornothing(f): 12:33pm On Aug 24, 2022
I am applying as a student. I heard I can become a citizen after school.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Euegene100001: 12:37pm On Aug 24, 2022
I appreciate thank u
johnstan:

USD 1 = CAD 1.30 as of today if you're using a virtual dollar card.

If you're using a virtual naira card just ask your bank for their card rate to have an idea.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Adeade98(m): 12:40pm On Aug 24, 2022
olokings:
My people! My people!!!!

April 30th Applicant.

Congratulations ooo.

My shall be possible in Jesus name. Amen.

Although I am a family of six but I want to do it one after the other.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Johnmark247: 12:40pm On Aug 24, 2022
- Family of 5
- Applications Submitted: May 25th 2022
- Medical Request just landed at mid day today.
- Father & 3kids: SP
- Mother (Spouse): SOWP

God Is Busy Perfecting What He Started!

36 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Oreoluwamipo: 12:41pm On Aug 24, 2022
Hi, i had my biometics in Lagos

HouseRavenclaw:

Hi, did you pay transmission fee?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by tolupe1: 12:41pm On Aug 24, 2022
Motayo97:

They have started with July applicants

Really? Oluwa oo ya pikin is here oo.

July 7th applicant!

God shock me with goodnews this week.

Shock me Oh Lord!

I want to be Overghasted and flabberwhelmed!

Amen.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.