Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,323 members, 7,811,953 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:22 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (1315) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1213762 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1312) (1313) (1314) (1315) (1316) (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by MumiOlivia: 3:22pm On Jul 23, 2023
Harmony63:
Those that applied to Seneca college

Did you submit SOP?

I'm not seeing where to attach it

Someone should pls guide me

I applied for my friend. They dont ask for SOP. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Homoluabi1: 4:29pm On Jul 23, 2023
[quote author=zubizareta post=124599784]
Thanks for the response.
No. Funds was not moved out of the account. Instead some more money entered the account like the usual salary that has always been entering the account making the total amount in the account for the 2nd application to be 15m+ instead of the 14m+ in the 1st application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CannyNomad: 5:03pm On Jul 23, 2023
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by operobo11: 5:06pm On Jul 23, 2023
Rands123456:
I had this similar message in my gcms note (but my parents where my sponsor) my father felt so belittled and angry when he saw the gcms note , he vexed and paid my whole tuition of 17,000cad and transfers a sum of 5 million Naira to my account for upkeep, I attached all this in my new application plus his updated bank statement showing evidence of the new transaction made , the balance was even more than what I submitted in my first applications (we wan show the VO say he does not know what his saying ) I got medical request last week .

Please how long did you take you to get your medical request after the resubmission?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by zubizareta(m): 5:23pm On Jul 23, 2023
[quote author=Homoluabi1 post=124606987][/quote]

You can rectify this by working on your sop(they jad issues with your home and economical ties and purpose of travel), then for the finances, you said you have made some deposit to convince them the funds are indeed available. You could attach some other supporting docs. Send the sop let me take a look at it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ruthiegal: 5:24pm On Jul 23, 2023
Please Can someone advise how much pof I need to show based on the below for a family of four.
Also since my husband is the sponsor and will be sending lump sum to my account, what are the documents that Is required for him to produce asides company document.
Thank you

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by AskGod07: 6:17pm On Jul 23, 2023
No you need to do medical for the kids because they are going to stay more than 6 month in Canada, IRCC will request for their medical on their portal and if their visa was granted without asking you need to do medical for them.

Queencyco:
Thank you so much. So they can enter Canada without doing the medicals? Because I've gotten my own request.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by kenoja(m): 6:27pm On Jul 23, 2023
Awesome. Please when did you submit the reapplication?
Rands123456:
I had this similar message in my gcms note (but my parents where my sponsor) my father felt so belittled and angry when he saw the gcms note , he vexed and paid my whole tuition of 17,000cad and transfers a sum of 5 million Naira to my account for upkeep, I attached all this in my new application plus his updated bank statement showing evidence of the new transaction made , the balance was even more than what I submitted in my first applications (we wan show the VO say he does not know what his saying ) I got medical request last week .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by SayNo2SmallPrik: 6:30pm On Jul 23, 2023
Ruthiegal:
Please Can someone advise how much pof I need to show based on the below for a family of four.
Also since my husband is the sponsor and will be sending lump sum to my account, what are the documents that Is required for him to produce asides company document.
Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Rands123456: 6:34pm On Jul 23, 2023
operobo11:

Please how long did you take you to get your medical request after the resubmission?
11 days
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 8:01pm On Jul 23, 2023
hadduni:

The cost of my program for the first year is 10580 and the expenses is 14000

Tuition =10,580
Living exp PA = 10,000
Living exp dep = 4,000
Flight = 3,000
Miscellaneous =3,000
Total = 30,580*597 = N18,256,260

The bolded is the estimated cost for your first-year expenses, ideally, you need to show you have access to these funds and show source to raise the second-year funds, however, for applicants from our part of the world, you have to put forward your best foot, that is having the funds required to cater for the duration of your studies. It is therefore clear that what you have presently is not enough, in addition you will be hard pressed to explain why the company will be committing huge financial resources to sponsoring your education.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bambi222: 9:41pm On Jul 23, 2023
Hello House,
By the grace of God ive gotten my PPR. please what are the requirements at the canadian border to get my study permit. Asides my medicals and acceptance letter? That is what documnets do i travel with ?

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by tenderjunkie: 9:51pm On Jul 23, 2023
Bambi222:
Hello House,
By the grace of God ive gotten my PPR. please what are the requirements at the canadian border to get my study permit. Asides my medicals and acceptance letter? That is what documnets do i travel with ?

Letter of Introduction
Letter of Acceptance
Tuition receipt
Proof of funds
Enrollment letter (if available)

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by macsilver(m): 9:56pm On Jul 23, 2023
nicerichard05:
Can anybody suggest a school in Canada that still offers January admission

Also, I got an admission to study CCA for 40week in Nova Scotia buh they do not offer Pgwp. However the course comes with co-op and placement and also graduates are able to apply for the international graduate in demand stream I am confused as regards how it works. Pls can somebody share more light or tell me any sch that still offers January admission. I have attached a view info

Thanks
January? It is very slim
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ibadan100(m): 10:08pm On Jul 23, 2023
acelaw:
My Family’s PPR Journey

Family of Six application (Study Permit/Visitor Visa for parents and Open Study Permit for children)

Upfront Medical

*Timeline*
First Application
Visa Application Submitted 30th March 2023
Biometrics - 4th April 2023
PPR - 11th April 2023

Second Application with a new LOA
Visa Application Submitted 17th April 2023 with visa fees paid for all
No Biometrics
PPR – 2nd and 10th May 2023

APPLIED USING NEW IRCC PLATFORM

*Documents submitted with Table of Contents *

PROOF OF MEANS OF FINANCING SUPPORT
1. Letter of Sponsorship by Spouse
2. Affidavit of Support
3. Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) from CIBC
4. Bank Reference Letter
5. My Bank Statements (MBS) of Salary Account for one year
6. USD Domiciliary Bank Account Statement
7. Mutual Funds Reference Letter
8. Mutual Funds Investment Statements of Account
9. Letter of Explanation of Lump Sum
10. Gift Deed for Living Expenses
11. Letters of Employment, Confirmation, and Promotion
12. Pay slips for six months
13. Properties Documents

CLIENT INFORMATION
1. Statement of Purpose for Study Permit (8 pages)
2. Study Leave Letter from Employer
3. Upfront eMedical Information Sheet
4. Police Character Certificate
5. Family Tree (Nuclear and Extended Family relationships)
6. Family pictures with captions
7. National Identity Number slips
8. Office Identity card
9. Introduction Letter by Employer
10. Recommendation Letter from Previous Employer
11. Letter of Employment from Previous Employers
12. Personal Assets (Car documents)
13. Title Document & Pictures of Ikoyi Lagos Property under Construction
14. Reference letter from Pension Managers
15. Pension/Retirement Savings Statement of Account

LETTER OF ACCEPTANCE
1. Admission Letter
2. Proof of application for an Official Transcript
3. Bachelor’s Degree Certificate and Academic Transcript
4. Professional Certifications
5. Training Certificates
6. Certificate of National Service
7. WAEC Certificate
8. Curriculum Vitae

Reused the same documents above for the second application with the following additional documents:

1. Letter of Explanation for change of DLI
2. New LOA
3. PPR for the first application
Please I read somewhere that you did GIC for 20k cad not sure if it was you but on your GIC was it written for 10,000 or 20k was stated? Just trying to confirm sorry. Cos I’ve seen GIC for 10k just wanna be sure 20k will be written on it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by SayNo2SmallPrik: 10:36pm On Jul 23, 2023
Ibadan100:
Please I read somewhere that you did GIC for 20k cad not sure if it was you but on your GIC was it written for 10,000 or 20k was stated? Just trying to confirm sorry. Cos I’ve seen GIC for 10k just wanna be sure 20k will be written on it
You can choose to do a year maintenance fee which is 10k CAD.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Harmony63: 10:44pm On Jul 23, 2023
macsilver:

Not all schools request for SOP.

I come dey kill myself since 😕

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Anxiousman101: 11:15pm On Jul 23, 2023
Bambi222:
Hello House,

Congratulations 👏🏾 pls give us details, what you did differently from your first application to second (PPR)
Documents submitted?
Time frame and SOP

Congratulations once again 😁
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by DamDid: 11:35pm On Jul 23, 2023
Hi house, I’m in the process of applying for SOWP for my spouse but the SOWP application isn’t the issue. I want to get study permit for my 4 year old so he can school when he gets to Canada, people who applied for study permit for their kids please is it a must to get letter of acceptance from a school in Canada to apply for study permit?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Getbizzzy: 11:40pm On Jul 23, 2023
Good evening guys,

Pls when is it late apply for study permit for September admission?

And what are the likely documents do I need to apply?

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by tenderjunkie: 11:50pm On Jul 23, 2023
Getbizzzy:
Good evening guys,

Pls when is it late apply for study permit for September admission?

And what are the likely documents do I need to apply?

Thanks.
https://www.nairaland.com/4773130/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/228#75475575
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by MisterKayDot: 2:31am On Jul 24, 2023
lyndaoyewole:
have your enrollment letter.
school fees payment receipt.
accommodation documents.
letter of acceptance.
you are good to go

Ok .thanks. did you fly with Egypt air? And I am staying with a friend. I have a signed letter from him with his address and contact details. Is that ok
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by MisterKayDot: 2:42am On Jul 24, 2023
IRCCboy:
Good evening guys,

Can someone respond to this?

I'm meant to fly Egyptair next weekend. I have a one-way ticket.

I hope I'm safe?

Hello. What's the update? Were you able to fly without trouble
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by oluwaVaz(m): 2:56am On Jul 24, 2023
GloriaBekee:
thank
you skentelelady
Please how much is their application fee?
Please help ooo, I was filling the application form and in the column for sec school I saw these �
DO YOU HAVE A HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA , NSCC ADULT LEARNING PROGRAM ——- what does it mean?
Are you done with yours? Am a bit confused about it, pls did you fill there ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pristine664: 3:10am On Jul 24, 2023
Please who knows if transit visa is needed for Airfrance? My trip is Lagos to Toronto.

And hope there is no issue with one-way ticket??

Urgent pls.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Themillionman: 4:42am On Jul 24, 2023
Good morning ..... please and please anyone in CENTENNIAL COLLEGE Ontario here? [b][/b]PLEASE
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Yuzee: 5:07am On Jul 24, 2023
Hello fam, thank you all for sharing your timelines and processes with us. Please I have 2 questions.

1. Can a student use 2 sponsors when applying for their study visa?

2. Can someone in US be a sponsor to someone applying for a study visa to Canada from Nigeria. Will it raise a red flag or will it negatively influence the outcome of the application?

I will appreciate your responses. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Gentlesoul3268: 6:07am On Jul 24, 2023
No transit needed if you have 1 stop over in one Europe country, about the one-way ticket shouldn't be problem. I think is Egypt airline is crazy about two- way ticket for student

Pristine664:
Please who knows if transit visa is needed for Airfrance? My trip is Lagos to Toronto.

And hope there is no issue with one-way ticket??

Urgent pls.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Gentlesoul3268: 6:09am On Jul 24, 2023
No, because most people said the school will like to see the kids first.

DamDid:
Hi house, I’m in the process of applying for SOWP for my spouse but the SOWP application isn’t the issue. I want to get study permit for my 4 year old so he can school when he gets to Canada, people who applied for study permit for their kids please is it a must to get letter of acceptance from a school in Canada to apply for study permit?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1312) (1313) (1314) (1315) (1316) (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.