Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,378 members, 7,812,100 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:13 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (1316) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1214018 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1313) (1314) (1315) (1316) (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by skentelelady(f): 6:37am On Jul 24, 2023
oluwaVaz:

Are you done with yours? Am a bit confused about it, pls did you fill there ?

I didn't eventually pick the school
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by zubizareta(m): 7:39am On Jul 24, 2023
Yuzee:
Hello fam, thank you all for sharing your timelines and processes with us. Please I have 2 questions.

1. Can a student use 2 sponsors when applying for their study visa?

2. Can someone in US be a sponsor to someone applying for a study visa to Canada from Nigeria. Will it raise a red flag or will it negatively influence the outcome of the application?

I will appreciate your responses. Thank you.

1. Yes. Also if you are working or doing business, uts important you show that the job or business has economical value by having your own personal funds in your account and not just what your sponsors are bringing in

2. Yes. No,it will not raise a red flag. Just ensure you show proof of relationship btw u and the person, explain why the person is sponsoring you(showing evidence of previous commitments to your welfare) and ofcourse submite all supporting documents to show the source of income of your sponsors.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Inikay: 7:42am On Jul 24, 2023
DamDid:
Hi house, I’m in the process of applying for SOWP for my spouse but the SOWP application isn’t the issue. I want to get study permit for my 4 year old so he can school when he gets to Canada, people who applied for study permit for their kids please is it a must to get letter of acceptance from a school in Canada to apply for study permit?

No it is not compulsory,I applied for my 5 year old and he got his approval without letter of acceptance from a school in Canada

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Inikay: 8:05am On Jul 24, 2023
Good morning house,

Please I need your advice on this issue
I already got passport request and even sent my passport for stamping.I was supposed to resume September 2023.I was going through my spam over the weekend when I saw an email from my school sent on the 10th of June,2023 that my resumption has been deferred to January 2024.
Initial visa confirmation as announced by the school was 1st of August,2023 but they said they already have enough students whose visas has been approved for fall.

Please kindly advise on how to go about this
Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bambi222: 10:53am On Jul 24, 2023
[quote author=Anxiousman101 post=124615790]
Congratulations 👏🏾 pls give us details, what you did differently from your first application to second (PPR)
Documents submitted?
Time frame and SOP

Congratulations once again 😁

Thank you, this was my second application and the first was denied for finacial reasons, so this time around i ;
1) Got a co-sponsor, a relative was generous enough to assist with funding.
2)Added our family business account
3)Added my savings account
4) Some properties and their current value
That was about it, i labeled each document for my sponsors letters & Rewrote my SOP to sound more appealing. it took A month and 2 weeks to get my approval. i hope this helps.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bambi222: 10:57am On Jul 24, 2023
tenderjunkie:

Letter of Introduction
Letter of Acceptance
Tuition receipt
Proof of funds
Enrollment letter (if available)
please can you explain the proof of funds part, what documents do i carry for that. Also, is there a required percentage of school fee i should have paid?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CoalSilver006: 11:12am On Jul 24, 2023
Please who has apartment available and needs a flatmate to share.
Move in date : 2023, September 1st
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by tenderjunkie: 11:31am On Jul 24, 2023
Bambi222:
please can you explain the proof of funds part, what documents do i carry for that. Also, is there a required percentage of school fee i should have paid?
Bank statements.
You can login to your bank app.

For percentage of school fees, I don't think there's a requirement. Just have the balance fees in your account
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bambi222: 11:52am On Jul 24, 2023
tenderjunkie:

Bank statements.
You can login to your bank app.

For percentage of school fees, I don't think there's a requirement. Just have the balance fees in your account
Thank you🙏🏽
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by milkay(f): 12:15pm On Jul 24, 2023
Neyopumpin01:

It's working, that's what I'm using, I made a transfer last week from my Payoneer to my uba dom account

Wow I’ll go to the bank asap. Thank you so much
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by IRCCboy: 12:17pm On Jul 24, 2023
On the Egyptair one-way flight issue, As long as you have all the necessary documents, you will be cleared at the airport after signing an agreement that you will pay for your return flight if you are refused entry by a CBSA official at the POE in Canada.

It's not a must to book a return flight.

I didn't book a return flight!

Just hold your Letter of intro, Letter of Acceptance, Tuition receipt, Proof of fund, valid Intl passport with visa.

Then you will be made to sign that you will be the one to pay for your flight from Canada, if you are refused at the POE

I hope this helps.

tenderjunkie:

Ehen!
Cos the return ticket never made sense

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by thebabiebird: 12:22pm On Jul 24, 2023
IRCCboy:
On the Egyptair one-way flight issue, As long as you have all the necessary documents, you will be cleared at the airport after signing an agreement that you will pay for your return flight if you are refused entry by a CBSA official at the POE in Canada.

Just hold your Letter of intro, Letter of Acceptance, Tuition receipt, Proof of fund, valid Intl passport with visa.

Then you will be made to sign that you will be the one to pay for your flight from Canada, if you are refused at the POE

I hope this helps.

Boss, give us landing gist na
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by zubizareta(m): 12:47pm On Jul 24, 2023
IRCCboy:

I hope this helps.

Great. Thanks for the update. By tuition receipt, does that include a deposit made. Not deposit to secure the LOA oo. Like a part payment or it must be full tuition??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by zubizareta(m): 12:47pm On Jul 24, 2023
thebabiebird:

Boss, give us landing gist na

Lol. Which landing gist pass the one wey e don drop so??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Feliwalt12: 1:08pm On Jul 24, 2023
macsilver:

January? It is very slim

I can help you apply to schools, you will pay your application fee yourself to avoid stories.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 1:40pm On Jul 24, 2023
Inikay:
Good morning house,

Please I need your advice on this issue
I already got passport request and even sent my passport for stamping.I was supposed to resume September 2023.I was going through my spam over the weekend when I saw an email from my school sent on the 10th of June,2023 that my resumption has been deferred to January 2024.
Initial visa confirmation as announced by the school was 1st of August,2023 but they said they already have enough students whose visas has been approved for fall.

Please kindly advise on how to go about this
Thank you

Request your school to send you an updated LOA and send to IRCC once you have it. This will give you enough time to prepare for your resumption.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by nebsunshine: 2:07pm On Jul 24, 2023
Good afternoon everyone,
which schools in canada does not require application fees
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Mojeecan: 2:28pm On Jul 24, 2023
🕺🕺🕺🕺🕺🕺
Thank God I almost paid almost 1m today was just holding back to get more info. I also called their office to confirm
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Officialarhnie(f): 2:33pm On Jul 24, 2023
Good day everyone,

I’m asking for a friend
Her family submitted their passport through Dhl last week Monday. The only email they got was an email from Dhl showing their tracking id which was used to track the passport and it showed submitted but vfs has not sent an email to acknowledge that they’ve received the passport
Please is this normal?
Or how long do they need to wait more?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 2:45pm On Jul 24, 2023
Officialarhnie:
Good day everyone,

I’m asking for a friend
Her family submitted their passport through Dhl last week Monday. The only email they got was an email from Dhl showing their tracking id which was used to track the passport and it showed submitted but vfs has not sent an email to acknowledge that they’ve received the passport
Please is this normal?
Or how long do they need to wait more?

It takes an average of 5 to 7 days for VFS to acknowledge receipt of passports submitted via courier, your friend will most likely get a message tomorrow.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by tenderjunkie: 2:47pm On Jul 24, 2023
Mojeecan:
🕺🕺🕺🕺🕺🕺
Thank God I almost paid almost 1m today was just holding back to get more info. I also called their office to confirm
Paid 1m for what?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Inikay: 2:49pm On Jul 24, 2023
Bobomaigida:

Request your school to send you an updated LOA and send to IRCC once you have it. This will give you enough time to prepare for your resumption.

Thank you so much,I will send it right away,the school attached an updated LOA to the email.

Thank you for your response
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Officialarhnie(f): 2:51pm On Jul 24, 2023
Bobomaigida:

It takes an average of 5 to 7 days for VFS to acknowledge receipt of passports submitted via courier, your friend will most likely get a message tomorrow.

Okay thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Feliwalt12: 2:55pm On Jul 24, 2023
Good day house, who applied to University of Guelph, any response yet?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Chomyg: 3:13pm On Jul 24, 2023
Good afternoon,I tried applying to George Brown University and I was told that my study gap is more than 5 years and they do not accept study gaps of more than 5 years. Please any solution?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ruthiegal: 3:37pm On Jul 24, 2023
Can someone please advise how much would be total pof to show for a family of 4 based on the school quote below. Do I still need to include 10k cad as living expenses for myself and 4k and 3k respectively for my kids or only the pof for kids is needed. I’m quite confused .
Ruthiegal:
Please Can someone advise how much pof I need to show based on the below for a family of four.
Also since my husband is the sponsor and will be sending lump sum to my account, what are the documents that Is required for him to produce asides company document.
Thank you

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pristine664: 3:46pm On Jul 24, 2023
Gentlesoul3268:

No transit needed if you have 1 stop over in one Europe country, about the one-way ticket shouldn't be problem. I think is Egypt airline is crazy about two- way ticket for student

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by doublestar21(m): 3:47pm On Jul 24, 2023
Please I am writing my sop, do I need to find school before writing sop?. Because I read where it was referenced that I must reference the university as a good sop . How true is this please someone help. Again is there Maximum words I am supposed to write?. Thanks as you answer me
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 3:48pm On Jul 24, 2023
Ruthiegal:
Can someone please advise how much would be total pof to show for a family of 4 based on the school quote below. Do I still need to include 10k cad as living expenses for myself and 4k and 3k respectively for my kids or only the pof for kids is needed. I’m quite confused .

The bigger the POF you have, the better for you, I will suggest you work with what IRCC has advisedon their website with C$1,000 addition to each person's cost of living expenses.

Tuition= 43,500
Living exp for PA = 11,000
Living exp for Spouse =5,000
Livings exp for Ist Child =4,000
Living exp for 2nd Child =4,000
Flight = 6,000
Miscellaneous =3,000
Total =76,000*597 = N45,670,500

Please note that with IRCC, it is not enough to have the funds in your account, you have to prove the sources of the funds with documents.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bambi222: 4:00pm On Jul 24, 2023
IRCCboy:

I hope this helps.

please concerning this proof of fund after landing, how do you prove this if you have a sponsor? Do you carry a bank statement or what im really confused?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by TradeSunMoore: 4:16pm On Jul 24, 2023
Bambi222:
please concerning this proof of fund after landing, how do you prove this if you have a sponsor? Do you carry a bank statement or what im really confused?
Carry copy of the documents used as POF- letter of sponsorship, affidavit of sponsorship, bank statements etc.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Yuzee: 4:32pm On Jul 24, 2023
Thank you so much for your response. I appreciate you.
zubizareta:

1. Yes. Also if you are working or doing business, uts important you show that the job or business has economical value by having your own personal funds in your account and not just what your sponsors are bringing in

2. Yes. No,it will not raise a red flag. Just ensure you show proof of relationship btw u and the person, explain why the person is sponsoring you(showing evidence of previous commitments to your welfare) and ofcourse submite all supporting documents to show the source of income of your sponsors.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1313) (1314) (1315) (1316) (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.