Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,850 members, 7,810,278 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:30 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (205) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1212030 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Fulani14: 7:37am On Sep 11, 2022
Bobomaigida:

In this instance, you need to reach out to the school and inform them of the strike that is affecting the processing of your transcripts, show them newspaper clippings as evidence of the strike. Ask for conditional admission subject to provision of the transcripts. Don't give them a date that you will send the transcripts, just leave it open ended.
Thank you for your response sir,I wish I had gotten this sooner cause I sent a mail to uni manitoba on Saturday morning asking for process to undergo since I had issues leaving a post here...and I indicated that the unofficial transcript should be ready by November/December. I would like to know if I should still request for conditional admission because I informed them of the strike about a month ago too and its the unacademic staff that are on strike now like the office of administration and all others,so its not in the papers or on the internet.
Pls sir would a letter from the head of my department suffice in this case,stating that there been a delay in things or what else can I do?, I want of know before the new hod also travel abroad cause she is hinting at it too
Help pls!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Horlar4th(m): 8:00am On Sep 11, 2022
I have a cousin who is 6 years older than me, but into business and wants to be my sponsor using his bank statement and all. Please what documents is expected to collect from him to back up my application
Secondly he his using his personal account bank statements, will he tender his CAC document or no need because I'm submitting my own as a means of ties to home country.
Kindly please advice
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Benzdey4u: 8:11am On Sep 11, 2022
Congratulations to you, I wish you well
Redmuse:
Visa Approved!!!!

I have been a silent reader and observer. I am dropping this to encourage others on this wonderful platform who are waiting for PPR or waiting to even start the entire process. I am 38 years old with a study gap of 13years. I completed the masters program admission and visa application process myself.

Here is my timeline:
Application Submitted: 11th July
Biometrics: 14th July (updated on 22nd August after an email and webform)
Upfront medical: 20th July (updated on 29th August after an email and webform)
Eligibility started: 10th September
BVL: 10th September
PPR: 10th September

Due to the school enrollment deadline, I have already deferred my admission to the next intake which is within the 150days timeframe.

I pray that good news will locate everyone else still waiting.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ay08020407288(m): 8:14am On Sep 11, 2022
Old portals applicant June 29
What Allah cannot do does not exist
My fellow June applicant we will all smile before this month runs out Insha Allahu
grin grin

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by olowoba2: 8:18am On Sep 11, 2022
Redmuse:
Visa Approved!!!!

I have been a silent reader and observer. I am dropping this to encourage others on this wonderful platform who are waiting for PPR or waiting to even start the entire process. I am 38 years old with a study gap of 13years. I completed the masters program admission and visa application process myself.

Here is my timeline:

Due to the school enrollment deadline, I have already deferred my admission to the next intake which is within the 150days timeframe.

Congratulations!!

Two questions - Have you been working for the past 13 years? And is it a self sponsored study? Are you planning to sponsor your education partly with MPOWER loan?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Redmuse: 8:43am On Sep 11, 2022
olowoba2:

Congratulations!!

Two questions - Have you been working for the past 13 years? And is it a self sponsored study? Are you planning to sponsor your education partly with MPOWER loan?

1. Yes, I have been working for the past 13 years. The Masters program is also quite relevant to my current employment.
2. I am not self sponsored. My sponsor is my mother (I was worried about this being a 38yr old individual). Nonetheless, she provided the total funds couple of months before my application and we supported the gesture with gift deed and other necessary legal documents to proof relationship and validate the cash gift.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Redmuse: 8:46am On Sep 11, 2022
bepositive11:
Congratulations! What did you say in the email and webform?

If you are referring to the webform raised for my delayed biometric and upfront medical, then it was just me quoting my UCI/application number and asking them to expedite the update of my Biometric and upfront Medical (I also attached the e-information sheet gotten from IOM.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ocool: 8:55am On Sep 11, 2022
Redmuse:
Visa Approved!!!!

Here is my timeline:

Congratulations. May God bless you and your family with it.

What does the 150 days timeframe mean? What is its importance.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by sammyfrance23: 9:28am On Sep 11, 2022
Good morning everyone
Please I need your help on this.
Because I’m confused
When I’m making payment for transmission fee
Can I pay via mobile bank app and then submit screenshots for prove of payment or i have to go to the bank?

And am I paying the sms fee to the same bank?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by lilangel20: 9:34am On Sep 11, 2022
Yes.
If you don't, they wouldn't process your stuff
sammyfrance23:
Good morning everyone
Please I need your help on this.
Because I’m confused
When I’m making payment for transmission fee
Can I pay via mobile bank app and then submit screenshots for prove of payment or i have to go to the bank?

And am I paying the sms fee to the same bank?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Sykeotic: 9:34am On Sep 11, 2022
Redmuse:
Visa Approved!!!!

Here is my timeline:

Hello, please were you emailed when eligibility started. cause mine started but I wasn't emailed and nothing was updated in my portal, apart from the fact that eligibility is being processed under eligibility
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Virocrix: 9:47am On Sep 11, 2022
Congratulations
Best wishes.
God will see us through.
Be highly favored in Canada

Redmuse:
Visa Approved!!!!

Here is my timeline:

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Funmilayoo: 9:55am On Sep 11, 2022
Good day people.
Happy Sunday
I just received my gcms note yesterday, I don't understand some things there. Please what does “review required “ mean? Has anyone seen this in their gcms note and their visa was later approved?
Please I will appreciate if any guru in the house can answer me.
February 10 applicant.
Thank you.

1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 10:22am On Sep 11, 2022
Fulani14:

Thank you for your response sir,I wish I had gotten this sooner cause I sent a mail to uni manitoba on Saturday morning asking for process to undergo since I had issues leaving a post here...and I indicated that the unofficial transcript should be ready by November/December. I would like to know if I should still request for conditional admission because I informed them of the strike about a month ago too and its the unacademic staff that are on strike now like the office of administration and all others,so its not in the papers or on the internet.
Pls sir would a letter from the head of my department suffice in this case,stating that there been a delay in things or what else can I do?, I want of know before the new hod also travel abroad cause she is hinting at it too
Help pls!!!

I think you should ask the HOD to give you confirmation of degree completion letter that will state that you were a student from **** to **** and that you completed the course and that transcript will be sent/provided once strike is called off. The HOD can use her official email to send the letter to the school and gives you a hard copy to also send. This will be just to buy time till strike is called off.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bepositive11: 10:24am On Sep 11, 2022
Redmuse:

If you are referring to the webform raised for my delayed biometric and upfront medical, then it was just me quoting my UCI/application number and asking them to expedite the update of my Biometric and upfront Medical (I also attached the e-information sheet gotten from IOM.

Thank you. May the land of Canada favour you!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 10:28am On Sep 11, 2022
Funmilayoo:
Good day people.
Happy Sunday
I just received my gcms note yesterday, I don't understand some things there. Please what does “review required “ mean? Has anyone seen this in their gcms note and their visa was later approved?
Please I will appreciate if any guru in the house can answer me.
February 10 applicant.
Thank you.

There is usually a full write up inside the last pages, however, review required does not mean the application is going bad, it just means they require additional checks on your application which means there is progress

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 10:30am On Sep 11, 2022
Redmuse:
Visa Approved!!!!

Here is my timeline:

Congratulations Redmuse, please which school is this and what was the total POF you showed?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by tudun: 10:42am On Sep 11, 2022
A friend Just got her PPR but not in Nigeria,she will not be back before the 30days deadline,can she send her Passport to the VAC in the country she is?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by KellyTech007: 11:03am On Sep 11, 2022
olokings:
I eventually settled for UNB Residence (school hostel).
Although I'll be needing a 2/3 bedroom apartment from January when my family comes to join me.
Fredericton.

Hi , How has it been staying in the school hostel ? And if you don't mind . How much for accomodation in the school hostel and how is it calculated. Monthly or Annually

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Manydethink: 11:03am On Sep 11, 2022
[Ok please could u explain the gift deed and cash gift process. Will really appreciate. And can it work with a husband gifting the wife who is main applicant and self sponsored.....

1. Yes, I have been working for the past 13 years. The Masters program is also quite relevant to my current employment.
2. I am not self sponsored. My sponsor is my mother (I was worried about this being a 38yr old individual). Nonetheless, she provided the total funds couple of months before my application and we supported the gesture with gift deed and other necessary legal documents to proof relationship and validate the cash gift. [/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Token9: 11:10am On Sep 11, 2022
Good morning All, I have been trying to get a supervisor in Canada for a Master's program. I have sent out cold email to professors but I keep getting messages like 'I thank you for your interest but I do not have a position at this time. I wish you luck in your search.' or no reply at all.
I graduated with a second class honours upper division in Agricultural and Bioresources Engineering. And I have been writing to professors in Biological engineering in various school in Canada and since haven't gotten any positive reply.

Please is there any other way I could go about this because some universities requires contacting professor even before applying except for non thesis. I'll also like to know which courses one with a bachelor's degree in Agricultural and Bioresources Engineering can apply for .

Thanks for anticipated response.

1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by olokings(m): 11:11am On Sep 11, 2022
Hi,
I haven't arrived Fredericton yet, not until 20th Sept at least. However, my room has been secured and allocated. Single room suite, while I share utilities such as dining n laundry with my apartment mates.

Communication (Internet et al) and other utilities are provided. The school is charging CAD920 or so per month and the contract is for a session (2 terms) although you can exit the contract with some conditionalities.

The win for me is that I can pay for it with Form A tuition wch gives me huge savings in black mkt. That way, my Form A upkeep is for upkeep alone.

Ciao

KellyTech007:

Hi , How has it been staying in the school hostel ? And if you don't mind . How much for accomodation in the school hostel and how is it calculated. Monthly or Annually

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Laborah(f): 1:03pm On Sep 11, 2022
Redmuse:
Visa Approved!!!!

Here is my timeline:

Congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Funmilayoo: 1:20pm On Sep 11, 2022
Okay, thank you
Bobomaigida:

There is usually a full write up inside the last pages, however, review required does not mean the application is going bad, it just means they require additional checks on your application which means there is progress
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Annidenobeh: 1:27pm On Sep 11, 2022
Who else logs into their ircc account expecting that nothing has changed
I'm even tired of checking sef

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ay08020407288(m): 1:31pm On Sep 11, 2022
Annidenobeh:
Who else logs into their ircc account expecting that nothing has changed
I'm even tired of checking sef
My own is even old portal
Gckey
Am over fed up
But I be African man made of black
But I know my God never fail
An he will never fail me

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by SaniceSanice123: 1:52pm On Sep 11, 2022
Good afternoon. When someone receives BVL and rejection letter like say two days ago and yesterday he received changes in his application and he checked the change and it was a
BVL only that was sent yesterday again but no other letter. What does it mean please?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by AREI: 2:17pm On Sep 11, 2022
Congratulations to you. Please I have a question.
ANYONE CAN ANSWER PLEASE.

- PROOF OF BUSINESS (MY COMPANY’S CAC DOCUMENTS)
(i) CERTIFICATE OF REGISTRATION
(ii) APPLICATION FOR COMPANY REGISTRATION

Is there a need for number 2 if you already have number 1?
Also, I have done business name registration, would this suffice as my proof of my business and home ties?

THANK YOU.

Tadewuyi206:
Timeline;

Application submitted: 7th May, 2022.
Upfront medical updated; 28th May
Biometrics updated; 22nd June
BVL: 3rd August
PPR: 4th August

Documents submitted

Acceptance letter
Travel history (9 countries)

POF (Self sponsored);

TUITION DEPOSIT RECEIPT (CAD9,500)

- PROOF OF A CANADIAN BANK ACCOUNT
(i) STUDENT GUARANTEED INVESTMENT CERTIFICATE PROGRAM CONFIRMATION (CAD12,000)

- MY BANK STATEMENT CERTIFICATE

- LETTER AS SOLE SIGNATORY/ BANK REFERENCE

- PROOF OF BUSINESS (MY COMPANY’S CAC DOCUMENTS)
(i) CERTIFICATE OF REGISTRATION
(ii) APPLICATION FOR COMPANY REGISTRATION

- MY COMPANY TRANSACTION DASHBOARDS/ EARNING PROOF FOR 1 YEAR

- MY ID-CARD AND EMPLOYEES' I.D CARDS

- TRANSFER RECEIPTS/ PAYMENT PROOF
(i) Tuition Telex receipt
(ii) Guaranteed Investment Certificate transfer receipt

ADDITIONAL

- S.O.P - 3 pages
- Marketing online courses certificate
- Statement of result from Uni
- IELTS
- Award pictures
- Affidavit
- Property documents.

I got all my info from Nairaland, thank you very much house.

I want to send my passport to Abuja but I did biometrics in Lagos.

Can someone please guide me on the amount to send and all the processes.... Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Annidenobeh: 2:53pm On Sep 11, 2022
Ay08020407288:

My own is even old portal
Gckey
Am over fed up
But I be African man made of black
But I know my God never fail
An he will never fail me
same old portal oo

He won't fail at all
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by meemeelisco(f): 3:08pm On Sep 11, 2022
Congratulations Redmuse! Do you have strong travel history?
Redmuse:
Visa Approved!!!!

Here is my timeline:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Fulani14: 3:27pm On Sep 11, 2022
Bobomaigida:

I think you should ask the HOD to give you confirmation of degree completion letter that will state that you were a student from **** to **** and that you completed the course and that transcript will be sent/provided once strike is called off. The HOD can use her official email to send the letter to the school and gives you a hard copy to also send. This will be just to buy time till strike is called off.
I will do just that sir thank you and I will give an update here after uni Manitoba respond to my mail

(1) (2) (3) ... (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.