Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,039 members, 7,828,645 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:27 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (264) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1237641 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CharitoJames(f): 10:02am On Sep 21, 2022
Betterlife30:

I may not have message you before or have any interaction with you but you are someone I'm patiently waiting to read her PPR epistle on this forum cos you are wonderful. And I pray for you this morning that you will receive that PPR very soon.

Amen!!!! This is spirit lifting and Hope building. I will testify soon

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Frankielilbaby(f): 10:35am On Sep 21, 2022
Femioye337:
You simply just search for the member of Parliament (MP) in your intended province
Please how long does it take them to reply I sent one last week and this morning.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Acheamah223: 10:37am On Sep 21, 2022
Hello Guys

Anyone here who has applied to Fanshawe Collage to help me clear this up, during the application the first question is country of citizenship and when i choose my country this is what it states, all student applications from Nigeria must be submitted via one of the College's approved education agents. For a full list of approved education agents, please contact Fanshawe College's International Office at agent@fanshawec.ca.
My question here is anyone here who applied to Fanshawe and had this same experience? if yes when you email the international student office how long it took to get response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Tynn4: 10:41am On Sep 21, 2022
Congratulations! May the land of Canada favour you in Jesus mighty name. Amen

It's a go!
Pls, rejoice with me. I just my ppr today while I got bvl last Saturday. I'm 2nd time time applicant. More details loading pls. I will be right back during my break-time later today pls.[/quote]

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by amila20042001: 10:41am On Sep 21, 2022
How much is the tuition deposit and the deadline for paying it?
aclfemmy:
It feels good to be here to share my ppr testimony guys.

I do sincerely appreciate all the information and personal experiences shared on this thread. It has indeed helped quite a lot of people among whom, I'm a prime and bonafide beneficiary. I couldn't have done less by not holding from the forum in which I have profited immensely.

I shall be sharing my experience and timeline for my 2 applications which herald this success I've just achieved today.

My epistle may be quite long but I shall endeavour to break it in such a way that it won't bore you.

First and foremost, I will like us to imbibe the culture of reading especially of something that is quite edifying like the info on this nairaland Canada study permit. It's a fountain and repository of knowledge. If you get yourself busy with it prior to your application, you may not need to ask questions or seek assistance from any gurus.

Enough said about the preamble and now, back to the basis.

I'm 41 years of age. The journey to Canada started for me in 2021; precisely, in October. But I have no idea about the know-how. I, therefore, typed the travelling to Canada on google and I landed in nairaland, precisely thread 18 thru 19. Believe me, I read the entire thread which I started from Oct till around November.

After reading the 2 threads; 18 and 19, I became very adept at the whole process both school admission and study permit application. Needless to say, I also read other info that's related to Canadian stuff that cut across immigration both temporary and permanent residency permits.

Having been armed with the acquired info, I applied for a mission at MUN for both Graduate Diploma in Business Administration (GDBA) and MBA but the GDBA admission came out with a speed of light in less than 2 weeks. I applied for admission in December and was offered admission the same December before the closed of the semester. I waited a little bit for the MBA admission but it didn't come on time. I have to go ahead and apply for the study permit with the GDBA LOA on March 1st, 2022. This is my first application

Find below the timeline:

Portal GCkey
* Application date 01/03/2022
* Biometric enrolment 04/03/2022
* Upfront medical. 14/04/2022
* Medical updated 27/04/2022
* Eligibility review 29/04/2022
* Eligibility recommend passed 29/04/2022 - this is as per gcms notes
* Eligibility failed 05/05/2022 - this is also as per gcms notes and is reviewed by another VO other than the one recommend it passed.
* Refusal notice 05/05/2022.

Refusal reasons were the purpose of visit and travel history.

My academic background in accounting and finance both HND at Yabatech (2002) and B.A (Hons) at University of Sunderland Uk (2014). I have been to the UK at least once and I have also had prior UK visa refusal which I disclosed. I have been working for the past fifteen years across multiple accounting and finance designation

Documents submitted:
I'm a self-sponsored.
* All IMM forms
* 8 pages SOP (written by me)
* MUN LOA
* HND & Bsc Certs & Transcripts
* I didn't submit NYSC (I don't do it)
* Tuition deposit of $8,390 (paid thru form A. It's not a mandatory request by MUN)
* On-campus Hostel deposit with attached proof of address $ 2,200
* landed property with Registered survey & CofO
* 3 life assistance policies with nominal present value combined worth of 11m and future value of 32m expiring in 2025 and 2026
* bank balance of 14.8m with no lump sum therein
* My birth certificate, NIN
* my wife and children's birth certificate and nin
* use my family: wife and 3 children as ties together with my aged mum and siblings: here, I only use their pictures where we appear together: no other documents of theirs are used.

The refusal decision heartbroken me so much that I least expected it. I therefore hurriedly reach out to some guys who are on nairaland through their private emails. Out of the whole lots I contacted, Makano was the first to contact me and he gave me his bill which I don't mind paying thinking that the application will be done instantly and I will get approval. But that wasn't the case. Honestly, those a who got refusal and were able to announce it on the platform here were quite lucky as they got apt advice which was what they need to re-fire. In my case, the refusal overwhelmed me and I didn't. If I have done, the decision to engage the Makano wouldn't have arisen. By and large, he did a great job!

He did advise I should apply for the notes which he did on my behalf at a fee. I applied for the note on the 6th of May 2022 and it came out on the 2nd of June 2022.

There in the note, the visa officer misdirected himself, obviously and erroneously, under his reasoning for my purpose of visit that my purpose was of visit was unreasonable as I have current qualifications that's way higher than the intended course of study in Canada. And for my travel history, he said he my travel history or lack of it won't count in his assessment of my eligibility and for that reason he's refusing my application.

Come June 22nd 2022, I reapplied with the same set of docs. I only added LOE (3 pages). There in the LOE I explained the errors and misgivings of the VO with verifiable evidences which links pasted therein. I further got in touch with my faculty advisor about the development. He in turn got in touch on my behalf to the associate Deen of faculty to get a letter clarifying that the intended course of study is way higher than the current qualification I have and that I'm eminently qualify for the choice course of study.

I attached this additional documents to the same docs in my first application and I refire thru ircc portal (the new portal). The gckey portal locked me out due to network glitch otherwise it's the gckey I would have use again.

2nd application timeline

Still same course at Mun with resumption date of 06/09/2022

New portal

* Application date 22/06/2022
* All documents as used in 1st application
* before the resumption no info updates on my account
* on the 30th of sept 2022, I registered for course as advised by my course advisor as there's a remote class available for my course
* after registration, I got enrolment letter which I sent to ircc thru we form on the 5th sept 2022.
* eligibility review 09/09/2022
* bvl 17/09/2022
* ppr 20/09/2022

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Phorlly43: 10:50am On Sep 21, 2022
ademma2022:
HELLO HOUSE, GOOD EVENING, PLEASE I INTEND ON APPLYING FOR FALL NEXT YEAR, BUT I HAVE ISSUE WITH MY WAEC CERTIFICATE AS THE YEAR OF BIRTH IS WRONG, HOW DO YOU THINK I CAN TACKLE THIS ISSUE AS EVERY OTHER DOCUMENT AS THE CORRECT DATE ?
You can visit waec office for that since you still have time before your application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Tynn4: 11:04am On Sep 21, 2022
You are blessed my sister. God is at work. The power of positive confession. Waiting for the good news for my son's application too. The set time to be favored has come. O Lord God let your invisible oil of favour soak the documents of NL applicants for Canadian study permit. PPR all the way... Amen.

CharitoJames:
Let me go do my manicure and pedicure because i need my nails to be beautifully done before IRCC will give me this ring i am about to wear now… I can’t type my PPR gist with unkept nails.
Have a lovely day

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Betterlife30: 11:10am On Sep 21, 2022
CharitoJames:

Amen!!!! This is spirit lifting and Hope building. I will testify soon

Amen
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Anon123: 11:11am On Sep 21, 2022
Phorlly43:

You can visit waec office for that since you still have time before your application.

This is incorrect.

Going to waec office will delay and most likely cost you more money cos they will extort you.

The applicant could simply go to a court and swear an affidavit of age. The affidavit must bear the same name and date of birth on the international passport.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Anon123: 11:14am On Sep 21, 2022
Frankielilbaby:

Please how long does it take them to reply I sent one last week and this morning.

They most times reply, some others dont but it is advised you mail more than 3MPs representing your province.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Chiziteremary: 11:19am On Sep 21, 2022
Congrats. May the land of Canada favour u in Jesus name.

Uzoamaka123:
God has done it o

PPR is here !!!!

I’m driving . Would be back for more details.

Super thankful for all those that helped me on this journey.
I’m so grateful .

I noticed it’s still showing we’ll let you know once a final decision has been made under “final decision “

Would this be updated later to approved or what?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by amila20042001: 11:23am On Sep 21, 2022
Hayobams i remember you vividly, i was one of those who reviewed ur sop. Congratulations dear! Mine is next IJN Amen
hayoBams:
It's ppr guys grin apparently It has been sent since yesterday afternoon but I didn't notice till yesterday night.

The joy in me is unmatched, I haven't even slept since yesterday. So this is how it feels.
Thanks to everyone who played a big role in this journey of mine, journey of one year no be beans oooo.
CharitoJames I sight you "shim" wink if you know what I mean grin.
I'll be back to share my timeline, make I go submit my passport.
To everyone waiting for a decision, just know as long as God is still on his throne you'll get it.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by amila20042001: 11:26am On Sep 21, 2022
I'm may 21 applicant. When did your eligibility start?
hayoBams:
Yeah, I got mine also grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Lantus4u: 11:27am On Sep 21, 2022
Dear all

kindly see response below after I sent a mail

Sent my passport for stamping through lag IRCC,since 29/8/2022,

This is 3 weeks nd I have heard nothing

Please advise .......

Thank you for contacting VFS Canada Visa Information Service Centre in Nigeria.

Kindly be informed that your passport is not ready for collection; it has been received at the Embassy and still under processing. You will get a notification from VFS via email when your passport is ready for collection
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Lantus4u: 11:27am On Sep 21, 2022
Dear all

Please advise .......

Kindly be informed that your passport is not ready for collection; it has been received at the Embassy and still under processing. You will get a notification from VFS via email when your passport is ready for collection
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Femioye337(m): 11:28am On Sep 21, 2022
No specific timeframe o... it’s only if dy want to help out. It took my MP 30 mins to reply me.
Frankielilbaby:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by amila20042001: 11:30am On Sep 21, 2022
Congratulations npa! Mine will follow suit ozugbo ozugbo
Tynn4:
Congratulations! May the land of Canada favour you in Jesus mighty name. Amen

It's a go!
Pls, rejoice with me. I just my ppr today while I got bvl last Saturday. I'm 2nd time time applicant. More details loading pls. I will be right back during my break-time later today pls.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Chiziteremary: 11:35am On Sep 21, 2022

hayoBams:
It's ppr guys grin apparently It has been sent since yesterday afternoon but I didn't notice till yesterday night.

The joy in me is unmatched, I haven't even slept since yesterday. So this is how it feels.
Thanks to everyone who played a big role in this journey of mine, journey of one year no be beans oooo.
CharitoJames I sight you "shim" wink if you know what I mean grin.
I'll be back to share my timeline, make I go submit my passport.
To everyone waiting for a decision, just know as long as God is still on his throne you'll get it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Chiziteremary: 11:35am On Sep 21, 2022
Congrats. May the land of Canada favour your broda in Jesus name

Teenie19:
PPR TESTIMONY (BROTHER'S APPLICATION- 17 years old): GOD IS GOOD.

Application submitted (old gc key): MAY 15, 2022
Upfront medical passed: July 18, 2022
Eligibility review started (ghost update) : Sep 6, 2022
BVL correspondence received: Sep 12, 2022
PPR: Sep 20, 2022

He is going to MUN for Bachelors of Engineering , initially for Sep 2022 but this was now deferred to January 2023 due to immigration delay.

PS: He sent emails to Nairobi and webform yesterday asking for update as he only got BVL without decision. I don't know if this prompted them to send decision today...in all, all Glory to God almighty!

Good luck to everyone waiting! I pray for speedy PPR for everyone.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by hayoBams: 11:38am On Sep 21, 2022
Amen, thank you very much
Chiziteremary:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by hayoBams: 11:39am On Sep 21, 2022
I can't really say cause at some point I lost interest in monitoring the application.
amila20042001:
I'm may 21 applicant. When did your eligibility start?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by hayoBams: 11:41am On Sep 21, 2022
Thank you for being a part of my journey yours will surely come, God never forgets his people.
amila20042001:
Hayobams i remember you vividly, i was one of those who reviewed ur sop. Congratulations dear! Mine is next IJN Amen

2 Likes

Thank you very much
Oldfashioned145:
Congratulations!!!

1 Like

Lol, I'm rooting for you yours will surely come very soon.
CharitoJames:

Wooooooow!!! Super Congratulations… did you say 1year? Ah!! You don’t even need to sleep abeg… Ah!!! Don’t enter another person’s relationship out of Joy oh! I’m sincerely really happy for you. “Shim” oh… LOL

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by hayoBams: 11:42am On Sep 21, 2022
Thank you very much
Pace6:

Congratulations �

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by hayoBams: 11:43am On Sep 21, 2022
I thank you all for congratulating me, and for those expecting keep ur hopes alive God will surely intervene
I'll be dropping my timeline soon, na passport I wan submit like dis.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by charli5(m): 11:49am On Sep 21, 2022
Lantus4u:
Dear all

Please advise .......

Wow this lagos centre, that’s quite long. Where did you send from?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Anon123: 11:52am On Sep 21, 2022
Lantus4u:

Dear all

Please advise .......

You have to be patient. VFS will always update you when there are changes to the location of the passport
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pace6: 12:14pm On Sep 21, 2022
Please gurus in the house, what could be the cause for someone to have a different UCI number different from the previous application UCI number?

What could one do to rectify it?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Anon123: 12:28pm On Sep 21, 2022
Pace6:
Please gurus in the house, what could be the cause for someone to have two different UCI numbers after submitting an application?

It is not possible to have two different UCI numbers. You can have different application numbers but not UCI.

Your biometrics information and application are stored in your UCI number hence why you can not do biometrics twice

(1) (2) (3) ... (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.