Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,345 members, 7,853,533 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 06:34 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (321) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1275997 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by perfectbecky: 11:23am On Sep 30, 2022
Pls how did you order for your notes?
Oldfashioned145:
My nairaland people pls my notes just dropped.

Can someone translate from what I can see they cant find my statement of account which I sent to them and my previous educational docs
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by shebaa(f): 11:24am On Sep 30, 2022
Are you an applicant at Fanshawe?

anelsta:
Tot those 8month programme or course are equivalent to 1year programme in Canada?
I.e 4months first semester & 4months 2nd semester
E.g like Fanshawe college?

I stand to be corrected if am wrong though?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by perfectbecky: 11:57am On Sep 30, 2022
Pls @bepositive11 my application is over 15 weeks, it took IRCC 86 days to update my biometrics alone, I have gone for the upfront medicals as requested and my eligibility is yet to start...I didn't upload my payslips, can I still do that via web form? And how do I order my CBSA notes? The MP in my province didn't even respond to my mail. Please help
bepositive11:

On the Application Status web page, the sentence under "Review of Eligibility" turns to "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements."

You may also find out through your GCMS or CBSA notes.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Victoriousbabe2: 12:05pm On Sep 30, 2022
I don't know why I find this question funny ���

bepositive11:
Thank you!!! But which rule number should we enter when reporting?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by justwise(m): 12:14pm On Sep 30, 2022
ThisPower:

Thank you very much.
Please, when people begin to report PPRs cos they FEEL it's fake to them and they can't waka pass, kindly use your own description and instinct to handle such case. You have been here for so long to know the truth.
Nobody will be happy to take out time to type their ppr then it gets deleted cos someone reports it as fake due to their feelings and unsatisfaction, cos one thing,one thing is missing.

I just hope this thread goes back to how it was before where ppr was a thing of joy to see without bitterness.

Back to my silent member mode.
Ire ooo

I know fake one when I see it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by justwise(m): 12:16pm On Sep 30, 2022
bepositive11:
Thank you!!! But which rule number should we enter when reporting?

5 or 6

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by olokings(m): 12:19pm On Sep 30, 2022
SOP is like your main case argument for your application. It is advisable to write it in a format where you anticipate the VO's expectations, reservations, issues, perceptions as questions and provide answers as though you are in a physical interview with the VO sitting in front of you. It is mostly important that you don't cultivate the mindset of, he (VO) will be in a happy mode and give me visa by solely assessing my strong points, NO! In fact, you should focus on the lapses, weak points and try to address then convincingly, whilst highlighting you strong points. In my personal opinion, i think these VOs look at your profile with a mind that "Let me check for why i shouldn't grant this applicant a visa". That way you will be looking for loopholes in your case application package and plug them. That way, the VO wont find your profile wanting at all during the eligibility review and you'd most likely get a pass. (that is what i did and all 5 PPRs came out at simultaenously, not even 1 hr apart).

Now with LOE, this should be exploited in cases where you think some of those red/orange flags in your application package which need / require extensive clarification in other to sway the VOs position on your case review. Issues like lump sums, greyish career & study alignments, historical issues with your criminal background, legal issues, etc. They are usual filed under CLIENT INFORMATION which is tagged optional in your cic account portal. It is optional but very important because, there are some points you may not conveniently trash out in your SOP due to over-emphasizing et al. You can also use your LOE to explain you documentation attachment list where you state what each attached document is for and what evidence / clarification they present (this is what is used my LOE for in each of my & dependents' application). This is where you state why you are getting sponsorship, co-sponsoring, scholarship, etc. and not self-funded mostly when you allegedly have been practicing a career / running a business as an adult. because come to think of it, why should an adult who is supposed to be economically & financially stable enough to want to pursue relatively expensive study venture in Canada require financial support? This is where review your expenditure as a reasonable expense or not (very dicey). it is in instances like this that you will see folks with loads of money in account but still denied on grounds of assets and financial status.

Overall, key to success about this whole study visa approval is, REMOVE SENTIMENTS, REMOVE ALL THE GRACE TALK, REMOVE LUCK, REMOVE GOOD WISHES, be the most schrewed, indifferent, objective, critical, analytical person you can be and ask yourself, what one single thing can i find in this application package that i can leverage not to grant this case a visa request? if you can keep the response to barest minimum that is outside that initial 7 eligibility questions i asked in my earlier post, trust me, you are good to go because you will scale the eligibility review in flying colours. You wont score 100% but a 90% (this is speculative) will definitely get you there.

Lets just not dwell solely on the naija kind of hope where you will go miss classes all semester, go clubbing all exam week, then attend church on sunday before the paper to pray for divine intervention for the paper, basking in fasting & prayers... lol. on a more serious note though, the message is that we just gotta be realistic in packaging our application. if you sincerely put in "valuable" effort, success will come eventually.

oh by the way this tactic may prove useful.
1. submit application
2. after 1 week fire Upfront Medical results requesting for updates. repeat action 2xce weekly until medical status is updated on portal
3. after 5 weeks fire GCMS / CBSA notes request (the notes will come in most likely after the 11 weeks visa application processing milestone & the notes will reflect your application status at least in the week the notes came out. meaning you will see your application status just before the decision is taken if your application was not expedited & closed out before the 12 weeks processing time). apply this methodology in factorial as the CIC Standard processing time changes.
4. after 8 weeks fire case status inquiry / request to a liberal/democratic MP in your province. Those ones answer most times. their feedback will show your status at the time. The trick is, if your eligibility have not started before the MP request, it will trigger a case officer to look at your document or at best stamp a bring forward time on your case file.
5. after 10 weeks, start firing application status request to IRCC offices. (each request to each office should be a web form and an email done 2 times a week [preferably Monday & Wednessday mrngs]. target Nairobi, Abuja, Lagos, Accra, London, Ghanzhou) you will see that equates to about 6x2x2= 24 mails per week. but only 2 mails directly to Nairobi office, however, all other emails and web forms will be redirected to them on your behalf. so while you seem reasonable in the number of mails sent to Nairobi, the other offices will eventually help you in disturbing them.
6. when it is 3 weeks to your resumption time, start firing emotional emails & webforms to Nairobi offices. make sure to add, Applicant name, application no. UCI, applicant DOB, applicant phone number in the email so that any office that picks the email can access the file. pray them to review your file in view of the need to finalise travel plans for school resumption. continue reducing the time to resumption and highlight you need to be in school on time as resumption draws near.
7. if you get love letter, dance!!! however, if you get breakfast, go back and re-examine your profile properly and refire.

good luck err one.

local man no get work, but silver and gold i have none, what i have i give which is my tori tori.

ciao

bepositive11:

They're not the same. Thomsyne is right. LOE is an additional document to address refusals.

25 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Horlar4th(m): 1:29pm On Sep 30, 2022
Do America do MBS also ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ladielarrie1: 1:40pm On Sep 30, 2022
Sorry for the late response. Mine is financial technology
And I've deferred my admission till January when did you apply for your study permit.
tlk2Prince:
Ok that’s nice.
What program?
Mine is Strategic Global Business Management.
I’m guessing your waiting for PPR and already differed your admission?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by zainabakande: 2:02pm On Sep 30, 2022
Alhamdulilah Alhamdulilah Alhamdulilah
I'm soo grateful to Almighty Allah and to every single person here. God bless you guys sooo much.
May the Almighty answer all our prayers and grant our heart desires.

They sent the mail since 7:28 but I didn't check till 11:35 thereabouts. I already stopped checking my mail and logging into my account because the emotional stress was too much.

TIMELINE
I used the Old Portal
Upfront Medicals done on April 6th
Application submission- June 12
Biometrics- June 16 (Updated the same day)
Medicals Passed- June 20
I don't know when Eligibility started but I saw it on September 10
BVL- September 29
PPR- September 29

DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED
statement of Purpose 3 pages
-Letter of Acceptance
-Payment receipt of 18000 cad out of 19775cad
-International passport
-Police clearance certificate
-Letter of recommendation from previous employer
-Letter of recommendation from NGO where I volunteer
-Letter of sponsorship from my dad
-My dad's letter of appointment
-My dad's international passport and travel history
-My mum's international passport and travel history
-Birth certificate
-2 land documents belonging to my husband
-My parent's 4 business registration certificate
-My business registration certificate
-My Husband's business registration certificate
-Marriage certificate
-My Wedding pictures
-My pictures with my family and my husband's family
-Medicals information sheet
-NIPR Professional certificate
-Bachelor's degree Certificate
-Bachelor's degree transcript
-NYSC Certificate
-My dad's Sterling Bank statement with reference letter- closing balance of -3.4 million and total credit of 6.6 million
-My dad's Jaiz Bank Statement with Reference letter- closing balance of 4 million
-Fixed Deposit Certificate of 6.8 million

WEBFORM
-IELTS Certificate
-Full tuition payment receipt of 19775 and extra balance of 16225 with the school (paid in excess due to an error)

May the Almighty answer everyone still expecting a response very soon.

N.B- I didn't use MBS....I was soo scared when I heard the whole thing about MBS

21 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Oldfashioned145: 2:19pm On Sep 30, 2022
I used new realm Gcms

perfectbecky:
Pls how did you order for your notes?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by sos123: 2:45pm On Sep 30, 2022
OMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I JUST OPENED MY GMAIL AND REFRESHED, THEN I SAW A MAIL DROPPED "DO NOT REPLY" MY MIND CUT.

OMO NA BUYPOWER, SEND ME UPDATE grin cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

AT THIS RATE I NO EVEN 1 REPLY ANYBODY AGAIN grin

AS ELIGIBILITY DON START MAKE I USE THIS 1 HOLD BODY. THIS PUBLIC HOLIDAY NA CHURCH I DEY GO SLEEP.

I NO EVEN SEND FAKE PPR OR REAL PPR. IF YOU POST PPR I GO HAPPY FOR YOU, IF YOU DEY LIE NA YOUR OWN BUSINESS.

MAKE THIS GROUP NO SPOIL ABEG. NA THE LAST SHRED OF SANITY WE GET. MAKE NOBDOY FIGHT AGAIN. MAKE THE MOTTO BE "DO NOT REPLY"

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nobody: 2:50pm On Sep 30, 2022
It is well
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nobody: 2:51pm On Sep 30, 2022
Na wa o, no ppr today? I don refresh my mail tire

Na so so Konga and UBA dey send me message. I go just hiss when I open the mail

IRCC ma pa mi now

My heart is fragile o

This one wey PPR never drop, I don miss 1st Sunday testimony be that till November thanksgiving again

Four months after submission, e never do?

My tire is tired o

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Fintech2023: 3:01pm On Sep 30, 2022
Hello,

I need someone to kindly recommend a trustworthy platform where I can order for CBSA note.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CharitoJames(f): 3:13pm On Sep 30, 2022
zainabakande:
Alhamdulilah Alhamdulilah Alhamdulilah
I'm soo grateful to Almighty Allah and to every single person here. God bless you guys sooo much.
May the Almighty answer all our prayers and grant our heart desires.

They sent the mail since 7:28 but I didn't check till 11:35 thereabouts. I already stopped checking my mail and logging into my account because the emotional stress was too much.

TIMELINE
I used the Old Portal
Upfront Medicals done on April 6th
Application submission- June 12
Biometrics- June 16 (Updated the same day)
Medicals Passed- June 20
I don't know when Eligibility started but I saw it on September 10
BVL- September 29
PPR- September 29

DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED
statement of Purpose 3 pages
-Letter of Acceptance
-Payment receipt of 18000 cad out of 19775cad
-International passport
-Police clearance certificate
-Letter of recommendation from previous employer
-Letter of recommendation from NGO where I volunteer
-Letter of sponsorship from my dad
-My dad's letter of appointment
-My dad's international passport and travel history
-My mum's international passport and travel history
-Birth certificate
-2 land documents belonging to my husband
-My parent's 4 business registration certificate
-My business registration certificate
-My Husband's business registration certificate
-Marriage certificate
-My Wedding pictures
-My pictures with my family and my husband's family
-Medicals information sheet
-NIPR Professional certificate
-Bachelor's degree Certificate
-Bachelor's degree transcript
-NYSC Certificate
-My dad's Sterling Bank statement with reference letter- closing balance of -3.4 million and total credit of 6.6 million
-My dad's Jaiz Bank Statement with Reference letter- closing balance of 4 million
-Fixed Deposit Certificate of 6.8 million

WEBFORM
-IELTS Certificate
-Full tuition payment receipt of 19775 and extra balance of 16225 with the school (paid in excess due to an error)

May the Almighty answer everyone still expecting a response very soon.

N.B- I didn't use MBS....I was soo scared when I heard the whole thing about MBS

Wow this is some news.. Congratulations

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by TheDuke419: 3:21pm On Sep 30, 2022
Please can someone teach me how to contact an mp in winnipeg , and are they able to get information about final decision date from ircc?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nobody: 3:30pm On Sep 30, 2022
TheDuke419:
Please can someone teach me how to contact an mp in winnipeg , and are they able to get information about final decision date from ircc?

Here

https://www.ourcommons.ca/Members/en/addresses
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Aboki1859(m): 3:32pm On Sep 30, 2022
My question is

I submitted biodata passport pages of my family members not birth certificate when I submitted my application

Any implication to this

The answer to this will be highly appreciated
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Fredisbavk: 3:33pm On Sep 30, 2022
Application Timeline
(GCKey Portal)
Upfront Medical: 15th June 2022
Application Submitted: 21st June 2022
Medical Passed: 8th August 2022
Ordered GCMS Notes: 28th September 2022
Eligibility Started: 29th September 2022 (Morning)
BVL: 29th September 2022 (Afternoon)
PPR: 29th September 2022 (Afternoon)
Didn't need to do biometrics as I've been to Canada before.

Documents Submitted

I got all my information from this thread and a friend who had just gotten hers (My dad hates agents).
1. SOP (I used my friends own as a guide to write mine. It was about 2 pages).
2. Letter of Sponsorship from my dad.
3. Dad's MyBank Statement. (Good cash inflow and outflow. Closing balance of 50m+).
4. Dad's International Passport.
5. NYSC PPA and Call-up Letter (Was still serving when I applied so no certificate).
6. Bachelor's Degree Certificate
7. Bachelor's Degree Transcript
8. IELTS Result (Band cool
9. My CV
10. Police certificate (Didn't end up putting it as it was tampered)
11. Travel History: UK, Canada (did K-12 there so it might have been an advantage)
12. Paid Tuition with Form A and sent the schools confirmation through a webform.
School required I resume September 6th or defer till next year fall as there's no winter intake. So I deferred and sent the updated Acceptance letter via webform.
For my SOP I explained the lack of technology in Nigeria as a reason for studying in Canada – I'm a CS major. I also explained the benefits of my knowledge when I return.

School Application
Adding this because it might help some people
https://www.universitystudy.ca/search-programs
You can use the link to find a school for the major you're interested in. Personally, I didn't want to do thesis so I looked for schools that have course-based programs.
I applied to three schools. Got accepted to one in February 2022 but delayed till April when I heard from the other two (rejections).
Wanted to defer the one I got to winter so I could retry for some other ones only to find out I couldn't. Please take note of intake terms as it could be important.

Thanks to everyone on this thread for the information and help through this journey.

Fredisbavk:
IRCC don show boys love. Eligibility in the morning. PPR in the afternoon.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nobody: 3:49pm On Sep 30, 2022
Aboki1859:
My question is

I submitted biodata passport pages of my family members not birth certificate when I submitted my application

Any implication to this

The answer to this will be highly appreciated

You can submit additional documents via webform

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=Nairobi

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by olutoyiin: 3:51pm On Sep 30, 2022
sos123:
OMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I JUST OPENED MY GMAIL AND REFRESHED, THEN I SAW A MAIL DROPPED "DO NOT REPLY" MY MIND CUT.

OMO NA BUYPOWER, SEND ME UPDATE grin cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

AT THIS RATE I NO EVEN 1 REPLY ANYBODY AGAIN grin

AS ELIGIBILITY DON START MAKE I USE THIS 1 HOLD BODY. THIS PUBLIC HOLIDAY NA CHURCH I DEY GO SLEEP.

I NO EVEN SEND FAKE PPR OR REAL PPR. IF YOU POST PPR I GO HAPPY FOR YOU, IF YOU DEY LIE NA YOUR OWN BUSINESS.

MAKE THIS GROUP NO SPOIL ABEG. NA THE LAST SHRED OF SANITY WE GET. MAKE NOBDOY FIGHT AGAIN. MAKE THE MOTTO BE "DO NOT REPLY"
yeye person I be think say u don overtake me oooooooo.

Chai my mail don suffer.

God remember us ooo

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by olutoyiin: 4:04pm On Sep 30, 2022
7COLOURS:
Na wa o, no ppr today? I don refresh my mail tire

Na so so Konga and UBA dey send me message. I go just hiss when I open the mail

IRCC ma pa mi now

My heart is fragile o

This one wey PPR never drop, I don miss 1st Sunday testimony be that till November thanksgiving again

Four months after submission, e never do?

My tire is tired o

Omo mehn its not easy
Be like say na me, you, Sos123, na in remain oooo.

Pls let's do a roll call, if your eligibility has started holla

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Perripilzz: 4:07pm On Sep 30, 2022
Congratulations �
Was it pgd? Or masters? quote author=Fredisbavk post=117143825]Application Timeline
(GCKey Portal)
Upfront Medical: 15th June 2022
Application Submitted: 21st June 2022
Medical Passed: 8th August 2022
Ordered GCMS Notes: 28th September 2022
Eligibility Started: 29th September 2022 (Morning)
BVL: 29th September 2022 (Afternoon)
PPR: 29th September 2022 (Afternoon)
Didn't need to do biometrics as I've been to Canada before.

Documents Submitted

I got all my information from this thread and a friend who had just gotten hers (My dad hates agents).
1. SOP (I used my friends own as a guide to write mine. It was about 2 pages).
2. Letter of Sponsorship from my dad.
3. Dad's MyBank Statement. (Good cash inflow and outflow. Closing balance of 50m+).
4. Dad's International Passport.
5. NYSC PPA and Call-up Letter (Was still serving when I applied so no certificate).
6. Bachelor's Degree Certificate
7. Bachelor's Degree Transcript
8. IELTS Result (Band cool
9. My CV
10. Police certificate (Didn't end up putting it as it was tampered)
11. Travel History: UK, Canada (did K-12 there so it might have been an advantage)
12. Paid Tuition with Form A and sent the schools confirmation through a webform.
School required I resume September 6th or defer till next year fall as there's no winter intake. So I deferred and sent the updated Acceptance letter via webform.
For my SOP I explained the lack of technology in Nigeria as a reason for studying in Canada – I'm a CS major. I also explained the benefits of my knowledge when I return.

School Application
Adding this because it might help some people
https://www.universitystudy.ca/search-programs
You can use the link to find a school for the major you're interested in. Personally, I didn't want to do thesis so I looked for schools that have course-based programs.
I applied to three schools. Got accepted to one in February 2022 but delayed till April when I heard from the other two (rejections).
Wanted to defer the one I got to winter so I could retry for some other ones only to find out I couldn't. Please take note of intake terms as it could be important.

Thanks to everyone on this thread for the information and help through this journey.

[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nobody: 4:11pm On Sep 30, 2022
olutoyiin:

Omo mehn its not easy

Honestly I am tired. I don't even know how I coped till now.

Eligibility started 22nd July. Wetin remain again? GCMS olule

Baba God please o, answer everyone expecting PPR positively
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Frankielilbaby(f): 4:13pm On Sep 30, 2022
olutoyiin:

Omo mehn its not easy

Holla just last week Saturday June 21st applicant
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Timex146: 4:23pm On Sep 30, 2022
I’m here o. Eligibility started since 30th August

olutoyiin:

Omo mehn its not easy

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by olutoyiin: 4:41pm On Sep 30, 2022
ROLL CALL
7COLOURS: Application date June 9th, Eligibility started 22nd July
Frankielibaby: Application date June 21st, Eligibility 24th September
Sos123: Application June 23rd, Eligibility 28th September
Olutoyiin: Application date June 24th, Eligibility 24th September
Otikmsk: Application June 25th, Eligibility started 26th August
Timex146: Application July 22nd, Eligibility 30th August

May God help us, my hubby said the documents we submitted are too much oooo that's why lollz.

Anyways others you can add yours

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bepositive11: 4:44pm On Sep 30, 2022
Thank you!

olokings:
SOP is like your main case argument for your application. It is advisable to write it in.....

(1) (2) (3) ... (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) ... (1317)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant

Viewing this topic: Victorious24, auggie17 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.