Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,722 members, 7,816,973 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:49 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (353) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1219893 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Gbexy(m): 8:23am On Oct 08, 2022
ShalomShalom:
Heyyyyy No I haven’t applied yet. Waiting for the POF to mature.

Did you apply already ?

Hello, what do you mean by pof maturing? Is there a duration you’re meant to have the pof for?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Patokens: 8:30am On Oct 08, 2022
Good day great people.i need you to share your experience with me.i am on the verge of applying for a master degree in one of the high ranked school in Canada,so I need your advice.kindly note that the conditions for my choice of school would be:
1.Low cost of living.
2.The availability of work as a student.
3.Low school fees.
4.High rating of the school.
I welcome all good advice, opinion and observation.God bless us all.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Betterlife30: 8:48am On Oct 08, 2022
olutoyiin:
Good morning my people, like I promised I’m back to share my timeline

First Time Applicant (DIY)
Application submitted June 24th, 2022

Biometric submitted – June 27th updated on portal August 5th
Medicals upfront - . Medicals passed - August 5th
Eligibility commenced- September 24th

Study program – Phd program, UBC. Fully Funded with Tuition waiver.

PPR – Oct 7th 2022

Docs. Submitted
All IMM forms
SOP - 8 pages long. paragraphed with subheads to address all eligibility review criteria as itemised in the IRCC portal and special mention to @Folaf who encouraged me to tell my own story and also provided me with the guidelines for my sop.
- Employer offer letter, confirmation of employment letter, salary review letter, Role review letter, staff id card, pay stubs from November till date of application submission. (I did this to capture all my bonuses and housing upfront allowances), tax clearance certificate
- POF - 7 month MBS (salary account closing with 3.7 Million: Received 2.5 Million from Spouse for my student fees and flight expenses supported this with notarized consent and support letter from spouse

Funding letter from school (TA and RA) total CAD$25,248 per Month

Tuition waiver letter from school but I have to pay student fees

Received 3 other different scholarships from school while application was processing sent all 3 letters to IRCC via Email and Webforms (Total Approximately CAD6000 for the term)

Pension reference letter with about 3 million

All car documents

Notarised land deed of agreement and notarized valuation report of our house all are jointly owned by spouse and I

Notarised reference Letter from church with different church certificates

All Marriage and children certificates with lots of pictures

Cv and all my international publications, Trancripts and results

My supervisor sent his research proposal for the work I was coming to do, I added this plus all the personal congratulatory emails I got from the school; had about 4 including the departmental head)

* 1 week after application submission, i started firing emails to nairobi office & webforms (info gotten here from gurus... thanks again) requesting to update my biometrics

* 8 weeks after application submission, started firing emails and webforms to Nairobi, London, abuja, lagos, china, (info gotten from gurus... thanks again). no response or auto response.

* 12 weeks after application submission, I took a day off to send mail every 15 minutes for 3 hours straight pls don’t try this

On September 24th, I got a warning mail and eligibility started

On October 5th sent deferral letter and requested GCMS Notes

OCTOBER 7TH PPR

I specially want to thank thank Afolavid, meeny123, olokings for all the resources they shared with me, I truly appreciate. Not forgetting sos123, hesjay, samuelogunniyi and all the gurus and people who made the journey smooth.

I thank God who made it possible and for all those still expecting you shall testify so. For me the journey still continues as I will be applying for my spouse and kids……….

Thanks all.

P.s I edited Olokings Testimonial

Congrats bro.

Please when you said you were sending emails and webforms requesting to update your biometrics, are you saying your biometrics number and validity is showing but under the biometrics, it's showing they need your biometrics instead of showing biometrics completed on so so date?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by olutoyiin: 8:57am On Oct 08, 2022
Betterlife30:

Congrats bro.

Please when you said you were sending emails and webforms requesting to update your biometrics, are you saying your biometrics number and validity is showing but under the biometrics, it's showing they need your biometrics instead of showing biometrics completed on so so date?
*Congrats Sis

Absolutely correct!!!!. I mailed them countless times some people said its a technical glitch but then I continued to send my yellow slip and Biometrics letter till it changed to completed
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Frankielilbaby(f): 9:03am On Oct 08, 2022
olutoyiin:

PPR – Oct 7th 2022

Docs. Submitted
All IMM forms
SOP - 8 pages long. paragraphed with subheads to address all eligibility review criteria as itemised in the IRCC portal and special mention to @Folaf who encouraged me to tell my own story and also provided me with the guidelines for my sop.
- Employer offer letter, confirmation of employment letter, salary review letter, Role review letter, staff id card, pay stubs from November till date of application submission. (I did this to capture all my bonuses and housing upfront allowances), tax clearance certificate
- POF - 7 month MBS (salary account closing with 3.7 Million: Received 2.5 Million from Spouse for my student fees and flight expenses supported this with notarized consent and support letter from spouse

Received 3 other different scholarships from school while application was processing sent all 3 letters to IRCC via Email and Webforms (Total Approximately CAD6000 for the term)

All car documents

Notarised land deed of agreement and notarized valuation report of our house all are jointly owned by spouse and I

My supervisor sent his research proposal for the work I was coming to do, I added this plus all the personal congratulatory emails I got from the school; had about 4 including the departmental head)

* 1 week after application submission, i started firing emails to nairobi office & webforms (info gotten here from gurus... thanks again) requesting to update my biometrics

* 8 weeks after application submission, started firing emails and webforms to Nairobi, London, abuja, lagos, china, (info gotten from gurus... thanks again). no response or auto response.

* 12 weeks after application submission, I took a day off to send mail every 15 minutes for 3 hours straight pls don’t try this

OCTOBER 7TH PPR

I specially want to thank thank Afolavid, meeny123, olokings for all the resources they shared with me, I truly appreciate. Not forgetting sos123, hesjay, samuelogunniyi and all the gurus and people who made the journey smooth.

I thank God who made it possible and for all those still expecting you shall testify so. For me the journey still continues as I will be applying for my spouse and kids……….

Thanks all.

Congrats big time
Please what do you mean by warning mail?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by olutoyiin: 9:21am On Oct 08, 2022
Frankielilbaby:

Congrats big time
Please what do you mean by warning mail?
haha I was advised to respectfully stop sending mails.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Wahab200148: 9:28am On Oct 08, 2022
DefyTheOdds:
so it doesn't apply to only changing DLI?

IRCC website only had information about if you change DLI and not if you change program so I was confused

Good morning sir

I applied for student visa from Nigeria

Lodge file in June 11
Biometric in June 15
I used conditional admission letter to applied for my study permit from university of Windsor

So I do transfer of dli from university of Windsor to university of saskatchewan in September 19

Received medical request in September 29

Please will this affect my processing time[quote author=olutoyiin post=117372946] haha I was advised to respectfully stop sending mails.
olutoyiin:
haha I was advised to respectfully stop sending mails.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Wahab200148: 9:32am On Oct 08, 2022
Please will change of dli affect process time of study permit while is still in progress
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Annidenobeh: 9:56am On Oct 08, 2022
JustMellow:

Hello Greenwisher,

The officer was right to conclude about the correlation of the proposed study to your work experience. If an applicant has been out of school for a while, the proposed program should relate to the work experience domain. It is good to read you have switched study to the business field, an all-encompassing study.

The hints below are critical to placing your application favorably on the officer's table. Focus on:

• showing POF amounting to NGN 10m above excluding tuition. If a term deposit is certain, provide proof and explanation but try as much as you can to avoid any lump sum inflows;

• paying your first-year tuition. As a re-applicant, it is advised to do everything best to convince the officer of having sufficient and available funds;

• setting up a GIC or if you are expecting any lump sum, fix it in a fixed deposit for a duration close to the study commencement, to cater to your LE;

• establishing a reliable and stable economic source(s) of income and investments. Include evidence and your savings bank account(s), et al.

• importantly, draft a good SOP to help the officer understand your study intent and the significance of the study, especially in Canada. Then use an LOE to address the officer's concerns in the notes. If you think you will need adequate assistance with the letters, reach out to GCMSWriters on IG, Twitter, or Telegram. So many testimonies from previous applicants.

Success is all I wish You!
Hi please how does putting the lump sum in fixed deposit help and what reasons could I possibly give for lump sum in my sponsors account
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by jaydave: 10:08am On Oct 08, 2022
Go ahead and submit it . It’s a proof to demonstrate hometies , the date on it isn’t an issue

Lawlah19:
Someone should please answwe my questions, cause right now, I don’t know what to do oh! I want to reapply and I just did deed of gift yesterday, so I can include it in my application, I don’t know if I can include it, if it won’t raise any doubt, cause it’s has yesterday’s date, I just want to know if I can use it and my business registration too
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Betterlife30: 10:32am On Oct 08, 2022
olutoyiin:

*Congrats Sis

Absolutely correct!!!!. I mailed them countless times some people said its a technical glitch but then I continued to send my yellow slip and Biometrics letter till it changed to completed

Okay. Thank you.
Please, don't be offended that I got your gender wrong.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by KellyTech007: 10:34am On Oct 08, 2022
Victoriousbabe2:
I saw your response, there was nothing wrong or rude about what you said, sometimes the way people read meaning to words doesn't exactly sound that way when you are standing face to face with the person. I actually laughed when I read your response @ "just remove English teacher"

When I saw people complaining about his response, I had to go back to read it again to see maybe I didn't read it well. I figured he didn't say anything bad neither did he use any rude words . Some Nigerians are just so annoying and stupid that's why for many years I have never agreed for anyone to live with me under the same roof except you're my siblings.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Best256: 11:05am On Oct 08, 2022
Good morning everyone.

What's the best site for ordering gcms notes? Cos I've seen different sites sent by people on here. Pls I need it.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Joedave25: 11:15am On Oct 08, 2022
Congratulations!!!

olutoyiin:

PPR – Oct 7th 2022

Docs. Submitted
All IMM forms

All car documents

OCTOBER 7TH PPR

Thanks all.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by matthew080: 11:20am On Oct 08, 2022
My people
Since I applied in july,no update
What could be happening
Naso medical request dey delay
It's three months now
What can I do pls
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Joedave25: 11:26am On Oct 08, 2022
@lilangel20,

Sorry, I misunderstood his question.I thought he meant difference between medical exam (not request from IRCC) and eligibility.

Yes medical request means his/her application to a reasonable extent looks VERY POSITIVE!!!!!!

lilangel20:
Leave all those your grammar
Medical request means he has passed eligibility at least 90%.
Congratulations in advance o
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ahmedio2017(m): 11:31am On Oct 08, 2022
Pls is there any Canadian college that doesn't not require Ielts from Nigerians. Somebody should guide me on how I can apply for admission
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by jaydave: 12:57pm On Oct 08, 2022
Yes most of schs in Canada waive ielts for naija applicants.. just search thru diff sch and check their admsn requirements . And another important thing is to check their tuition if it’s within your financial capacity and also check availability of scholarships in the sch
I don’t think anyone can guide u thru that . This is smtin u are expected to do urself as first step bfor even having d thot of applying for d visa by DIY process
ahmedio2017:
Pls is there any Canadian college that doesn't not require Ielts from Nigerians. Somebody should guide me on how I can apply for admission
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by meemeelisco(f): 1:51pm On Oct 08, 2022
Didibibi:
So it is possible to use sibling living in Canada as a sponsor and no issue with returning back to home country clause? �

Yes, it is possible. But remember that every application is different.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by lilangel20: 1:55pm On Oct 08, 2022
Ah...
It's been long o...
My fellow july applicants
How market?
Isyma:
After almost 3 months of application, I just got my upfront medicals passed today, nawa for IRCC oo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Joedave25: 2:03pm On Oct 08, 2022
@matthew080,

You can respectfully send them mails and Webform pointing out that nothing has changed on your profile for 3 months.But please note that most times they work on the background without it showing.

You can also go for Medicals (upfront) to save you time instead of waiting for request.

I hope this helps.

matthew080:
My people
What could be happening
It's three months now
What can I do pls
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Annidenobeh: 2:17pm On Oct 08, 2022
lilangel20:
It is PPRRRRRRRR
2nd Time Applicant

Timeline.
First Application -November 21, 2021
Refusal- February 2nd, 2022
Reason: Based on personal asset and financial status.

2nd Application- July 2nd
Eligibility started- August 22nd, 2022
Upfront Medical- August 2, 2022
Medicals passed- August 14
PPR- September 29th

Documents submitted
POF
1. Funding letter (18,000CAD/YEAR) out of which school fees of 4,530cad would be paid
2. Statement of Account (1m)
3. Support letter from brother
4. Employment letter from brother
5. Promotion letter from brother
5. Gift deed from brother ( 700,000)
Home ties
1. Land Documents ( Not in my name)
2. Family pictures
3. Employment letter
4. 2month payslip
5. Leave approval letter ( stating my job is waiting for me)
Others
1. SOP
2. LOE
3. Companys cac
4. Companys tax clearance
5. Award from church

In all, I give glory to God...
This morning, I really poured out my heart to him...

The feeling is amazing...
I pray we all experience this

P: S : I didnt use MBS
Please use MBS O...
hi please is your brother your primary sponsor and after the gift of deed did he still have to submit his bank statement
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Annidenobeh: 2:29pm On Oct 08, 2022
eseosaaa:
Ircc Just served me breakfast
Second time applicant
July 23rd applicant
Reasons
am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by
paragraph R216(1)(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/sor-2002-227/
section-216.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will
leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel
for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable.

My Second application was a lot stronger than thr first. My first application was weak and I knew. Reasons for my first refusal was ; I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at thr end of your stay.

All those awaiting ppr may God do it for you.

I give up

Let me cry In peace
hi eseosa
My name is ekpemi
Also 19
Also got refused
Please send me a message if you would like to talk about it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ShalomShalom(f): 3:11pm On Oct 08, 2022
Gbexy:

Hello, what do you mean by pof maturing? Is there a duration you’re meant to have the pof for?

Yes - 4-6 months
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Moyosore019: 4:06pm On Oct 08, 2022
Good afternoon everyone, please is it advisable to merge both checklists documents imm5483 and IMM5832 with bsc certificate, waec, reference letter etc

The pdf with the barcode how can I make it to the first page without tampering with the document?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Lamika24: 4:08pm On Oct 08, 2022
Thank you for your response. I have the money to start the UK visa process. I don't want them to use that as grounds to deny me because I know that UK and Canada share immigration details.
I don tire for these Canada people since April last year when I started. Admission sef don expire for my hand. However, I have not paid school fees, and the school said I can't defer. I was applying for a bachelor's degree before. I will just go to Uk for my master's instead.

Frankielilbaby:

If you have money to start the UK Visa process it will not affect your Canadian application. If a decision is made on your Canada application, all you have to do is let the UK government know with proof that you already started your UK Visa process before the decision that way they will understand you were not trying to hide and thing from them.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Lamika24: 4:10pm On Oct 08, 2022
My own since last year April, no response. can someone please help me with web form link to use to beg them?
Joedave25
post=117379920:

@matthew080,

You can respectfully send them mails and Webform pointing out that nothing has changed on your profile for 3 months.But please note that most times they work on the background without it showing.

You can also go for Medicals (upfront) to save you time instead of waiting for request.

I hope this helps.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Alukoholumidey: 4:12pm On Oct 08, 2022
matthew080:
My people
What could be happening
It's three months now
What can I do pls

Same here,July 5 applicant no medical request till now
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Lamika24: 4:13pm On Oct 08, 2022
Abeg what mail did you use to contact them? My application has been pending since April last year. If they want to refuse it sef make I know I should move on instead of this state of vacuum. I tried to get the notes but my cards are unable to make payment. Please help me ma.

olutoyiin:

*Congrats Sis

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Femioye337(m): 4:22pm On Oct 08, 2022
Have you tried contacting a MP in your intended province or ordering for your gcms note ??

If no, you should try to take these steps.... April last year is freaking long.
Lamika24:
Abeg what mail did you use to contact them? My application has been pending since April last year. If they want to refuse it sef make I know I should move on instead of this state of vacuum. I tried to get the notes but my cards are unable to make payment. Please help me ma.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Jiggsbaby: 4:29pm On Oct 08, 2022
Hello guys please I’m intending to study a diploma in photography at Durham college. I’m a university degree holder ( second class upper division) and I have a 7 year gap in studies ( graduated 2015 and I finished serving 2016). for my WAEC certification I had lots of Cs but I had English D7 ..and I contacted Durham college via email about the admission process because I saw not more than 5 year gap in studies on the their website for country specific requirements but when I sent them and email they mentioned 7 years and I am a bit confused because I don’t want to waste my application fee and I don’t know if I need to also write a letter of intent

Please can someone put me through

The first picture is the mail from the school

The second picture is a live chat with the school

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Cadygosh: 4:34pm On Oct 08, 2022
Yes, Makano is also back..

Welcome back, boss. And as regards the bolded, please be back and active.. The thread needs more from your wealth of experience..
My Ogas. Frank and Justmellow, make una dey active too abeg...
makano:
Hello Cadygosh

I can see you are a great fan of the great works myself and my fellow knowlesgable people are doing here..

I intentionally had to take a break cos of the falseful information without evidences and negative atmosphere here during those times, I am not the kinda person that argues on a normal day, not to talk of arguing with faceless fellows here that I dnt even know how they look like real life..

I value my time so much cos as we all know Time is short, so instead of me arguing and trying to proof point here, I just replied the Jobless fellow once and that was it.. No time to be reacting to every stone thrown at me..

I just came online now to see close to a 100 Mentions, and I said to myself, While these Jobless peeps were talking ill of Makano here, Makano has been busy achieving a lot with his time, and I shook my head and said what a waste of time for these peeps..

Time is precious, a lot can happen withing minutes, so why waste your time on unnecessary talks and arguments.. Thas is the reason why you will never see me argue with anybody here, never.. I don't know how to waste my time..

Once again thank you Cadygosh for having my(our) back here, I wish you the best in all your endeavors..

I am back but may not be really active here... I will keep doing what I know how to do best (answering difficult questions here as regards study and spousal permit applications for free here)

Peace

(1) (2) (3) ... (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.