Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,693 members, 7,816,834 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:23 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (355) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1219718 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Lolaflair(m): 11:51pm On Oct 08, 2022
GloriaBekee:
Anyone going to Nova Scotia community college
Let’s link up abeg
Or any WhatsApp group?
Please add me if you see oooo,,,
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by GloriaBekee: 12:03am On Oct 09, 2022
Lolaflair:

Please add me if you see oooo,,,
@Lolaflair, have you finish school admission?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by GloriaBekee: 12:09am On Oct 09, 2022
amila20042001:
Congratulations to you and all those that have received their pprs.
I will testify next IJN
congratulations dear
Please I want to apply at NSCC too, do I print out their application form ? And how do I send my transcript, biko response
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by GloriaBekee: 12:16am On Oct 09, 2022
meemeelisco:
Application submitted: June 24
Biometrics: June 27
Medical passed: August 22
Eligibility: Sept 26
BVL : Oct 5
PPR : Oct 5

Program: PC
School: NSCC
No travel history
Bachelors degree holder

Document submitted
All CIC forms
Sponsor: Sister living in Canada
Proof of funds: bank balance statement from BoA
Sis letter of employment (from US company)
Sis letter of support
My statement (#54,000) balance
NYSC certificate
Degree certificate
Brother’s letter to take care of parents while gone
Police certificate
Letter of employment
Letter of introduction from company
Covid

Couldn't submit transcript because of the strike

FD: I am the sis!

congratulations dear
Please I want to apply at NSCC too, do I print out their application form ? And how do I send my transcript, biko response
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Buez: 12:38am On Oct 09, 2022
Hello house, good morning to y'all.. I spoke with an agent today, told me about some Canadian schools that doesn't take deposit until visa comes out.. But the proof of funds is necessary.. I said my nairaland gurus would surely know about it if it does exist. Please house kindly help me out with the names of the schools, the application procedures and when is best to apply.

Please I will be waiting for response.. Thank y'all
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by lolathegenie: 1:40am On Oct 09, 2022
I will advise you to be calm lol
Just gather all the necessary documents you need. You can even go for upfront medical before submitting your application just to get it over with.
Fill in the questionnaire on your portal and just get whatever documents you think will help them understand your situation.
Make sure you have a statement of purpose and don't forget to fill the temporary visa application form in the optional documents section.
In case of any delays, a deferral is always an option.
Good luck - from a fellow undergrad.

birchwood:
Hi all,

I'm an prospective undergraduate student to a school in Canada.

I graduated from secondary school this year.

I have gotten my admission letter for winter 2023 to the glory of God.

I know it's a bit late to start applying for a study permit, but how long does it usually take? I plan on applying online.

What documents do I need for seamless application process and what are the steps I have to go through after applying?

Like, a timeline of events that happen after applying.

I have been reading this thread for some time now, and the majority of timelines and requirements I see are those of people going for postgraduate courses.

To be very honest, I am scared that I won't get it on time, even though my parents are telling me to relax.

Anyways, any feedback is appreciated.

Thank you in advance

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by AtoningBlood(m): 2:01am On Oct 09, 2022
Hi guys! Is anyone going with family? I am going with kids, so I need someone like me too.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by meemeelisco(f): 4:15am On Oct 09, 2022
GloriaBekee:
congratulations dear

No complete the application https://apply.nscc.ca/psc/APPLY/EMPLOYEE/SA/c/NSCC_MODS.NS_OLA_LOGIN1.GBLPAGE=NS_OLA_LOGIN1 here, pay your application fee at the end and submit.

They should contact you on the next steps once the process above is successful.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by carik(m): 6:51am On Oct 09, 2022
Hi everyone

I learnt Canada doesn't accept HND for masters but only for postgraduate school

Please how feasible is this and can anyone help with schools for postgraduate that can also offer scholarships like they'll do for a BSC holder.

On study gap...
I'm a practicing professional in engineering sector with four year's experience and graduated with HND in 2016.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by skentelelady(f): 6:54am On Oct 09, 2022
GloriaBekee:
congratulations dear

NSCC requires official transcript from your school directory send to them not student nor scanned copy.

If your school in session, request for official transcript to be sent directly to NSCC. Also your other credentials

I got that from them before the can open file for me. You can mail them to make enquiries

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by oloyede1(m): 7:09am On Oct 09, 2022
Has anyone who applied to Georgian college in June/July got
PPR?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Jafian: 7:54am On Oct 09, 2022
Please gurus good morning ma/sir
I got this letter since then nothing else
Do I send a web form or I should wait
With what I have seen here almost everyone get reply immediately after correspondence letter drops.
Help
Me analyze

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by DejiiiiB: 8:01am On Oct 09, 2022
Application Submitted: March 30th
Biometric Updated: April 11th

Since then nothing yet ooo���

By October 30th it will be 7 months

Please what do I do ���
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Abeg441: 8:07am On Oct 09, 2022
MarryannZa:
Goodmorning all pls I need some clarification what are the conditions for deferring admission in fanshawe college a brother of mine got admission for January 2023 and the POF is not up to 4 months by that January is it possible to write to the school to defer the admission for May or September he was told he cannot defer the admission until he applies for visa cos he has to Attah an evidence of the application for visa

Help and good morning, please if you don't mind what is the name of this agent or agency?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nobody: 8:36am On Oct 09, 2022
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by glotalk: 9:02am On Oct 09, 2022
plz i need advice guys, i have deferred my admission twice and the school is given a condition that they only defer tuition twice after that charge total of CAD1500 will apply. i have started online though but thinking of deferring .those it mean they will send the tuition back to me to now resend it to them again. or what do they mean by THE ONLY DEFERR TUITION TWICE

N/B: i am a JV applicant whose application was re-opened and under Eligibility review since July 23. with upfront medical passed since 13th Aug
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by teamc: 9:18am On Oct 09, 2022
AtoningBlood:
Hi guys! Is anyone going with family? I am going with kids, so I need someone like me too.
Will advise you apply alone so has to increase your chances, asap ur visa is out your family can apply to join you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Timex146: 9:37am On Oct 09, 2022
Hi
I’m going to Georgian College. PPR is not put yet.

oloyede1:
Has anyone who applied to Georgian college in June/July got
PPR?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by yeldey: 9:42am On Oct 09, 2022
Gilb231:
Good afternoon house,

I have a question.

June 13th application

I just got my medical request. The medicals I submitted was from November last year with my first application.

I couldn’t find a slot on Qlife. I will try again early tomorrow morning. I hope I get an earlier slot.

I have a booking on IOM for medicals on the 19th. I don’t know if that’s enough time. I have only 30days to submit.

I will appreciate any feedback. Thank you !

Please, did you eventually get a slot for medicals at Qlife?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Kayfola: 9:44am On Oct 09, 2022
I am new in this group.
Please I want to know about MSA test for Can-college
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by mrsglo: 9:48am On Oct 09, 2022
I am interested in Canada Study Visa(Student Visa) but I have a few concerns.

Please are there schools and programs I can get admission into without IELTS, TOEFL or GRE?

Also can study visa be granted by the embassy without me writing any of those exams?

I have a UK Master degree in HRM but wish to go for MBA or any postgraduate program in Management or Business.

I will appreciate a response from those with experience on the above queries.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by yeldey: 9:55am On Oct 09, 2022
Please, who has a slot at Qlife he or she no longer needs?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bigboy75: 10:46am On Oct 09, 2022
Hello, please how many months bank statement should I print as POF
for Canada study visa?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Lolaflair(m): 11:01am On Oct 09, 2022
RelaxingEnd:

That's just unfortunate. @Lolaflair had the same issue and he was thinking of getting a lawyer to followup the case or something. What has your agent said about this?

Mine has been resolved all thanks to God. He should bombard them with mail and webform continuously ooo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by olutoyiin: 11:04am On Oct 09, 2022
Betterlife30:

Okay. Thank you.
Please, don't be offended that I got your gender wrong.

Haba Not at all, no offense taken
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by olutoyiin: 11:07am On Oct 09, 2022
Lamika24:
Abeg what mail did you use to contact them? My application has been pending since April last year. If they want to refuse it sef make I know I should move on instead of this state of vacuum. I tried to get the notes but my cards are unable to make payment. Please help me ma.

NAIROBI
nrobi-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca
nrobi-immigration@international.gc.ca
nairobi@international.gc.ca

LAGOS
lagos.immigration@international.gc.ca

LONDON
london-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca
ldnimmigration@international.gc.ca

ACCRA
accraimmigration@international.gc.ca

ABUJA
abuja@international.gc.ca
ABUJA-IM-Enquiry@international.gc.ca.........

I believe the 2nd and 3rd email address is the real deal
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Drekaz(m): 11:09am On Oct 09, 2022
I have been trying to dm since...no response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Drekaz(m): 11:20am On Oct 09, 2022
HonorableJOB:
DM TO JOIN CANADORE COLLEGE NAIJA STUDENTS TELEGRAM GROUP.

I have been trying to dm...no way
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Frankielilbaby(f): 11:41am On Oct 09, 2022
olutoyiin:

NAIROBI
nrobi-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca
nrobi-immigration@international.gc.ca
nairobi@international.gc.ca

LAGOS
lagos.immigration@international.gc.ca

LONDON
london-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca
ldnimmigration@international.gc.ca

ACCRA
accraimmigration@international.gc.ca

ABUJA
abuja@international.gc.ca
ABUJA-IM-Enquiry@international.gc.ca.........

I believe the 2nd and 3rd email address is the real deal
2nd and 3rd as in Nairobi or Lagos and london
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Lolaflair(m): 12:18pm On Oct 09, 2022
Who has telegram or whatsapp group chat for student living in canada or Niagara college student
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bepositive11: 12:39pm On Oct 09, 2022
Thanks for that. The thing is it's impossible to predict how things will go. After studying the PPRs here, I've realised that there's no pattern at all. In fact, if you try to understand IRCC, it will drive you crazy grin

I hope they expedite their process soon. I can't even plan anything properly because I'm not sure of how things will go. How did you manage the wait?

olokings:
my friend, see in this life, you focus where your intent is...
it is not an obsession.
take me, i have gotten what i want, i have also attempted to give back to the community, however, i still frequent here every other hour just to read. this is because i may stumble upon useful information here. i didnt bother to migrate to the "Living in Canada Nigerian Immigrant" thread becuase this one is more lively, even with the skoh skoh weh dey happen here..lol

so dont fret yourself. keep at it. you may see an information that will be the deal break to expedite action on your case under review.

by the way int'l student in canada will soon be able to work more than 20 hrs weekly. this is great news for hustlers.

by the way, this land is indeed green!!! less than 3 weeks of landing, and i am literarily doing point and kill selection with professional jobs on which to pick, and more flexible based on my study demands. abeg make unu do come.

Charito, i neva forget the JJC meet up ooh. anytime weh you come host am, we go still attend as JJCs. lol

https://www.cicnews.com/2022/10/breaking-canada-to-allow-international-students-to-work-off-campus-over-20-hours-per-week-1031301.html#gs.ew9y3k

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bepositive11: 12:57pm On Oct 09, 2022
makano:
Every International student is jumping to this news. With this, students can comfortably pay for their outstanding school fees..

it is really a good news for anyone to be sad.. You are the 1st person I am seeing on and off this thread getting sad about this..

Peace

They're jumping because they don't understand that they're being exploited. They don't understand that they're being used to do low skilled work with low wages that Canadian locals won't tolerate.

I thought I was the only one who could see this but I checked Reddit and found that local Canadians share the same sentiment with me.

First, Canada asks international students to pay 4 times the tuition fee of what a local would pay. Now they're encouraging us to work for more than 20 hours while studying full time because of "labour shortage". They're claiming that it will help us pay our fees and living expenses.

How will it affect academic performance? How will it affect student's mental health? How will it protect students when they're working? Employers would of course prefer to employ students willing to work longer hours, so it's a race to the bottom because all students will be pressured to work for longer hours.

And mind you, if a student should fail courses and have to repeat them in a part time semester, they won't be eligible for a PGWP.

Canada is not doing international students a favour with this law. They're doing themselves a favour and exploiting students. If they really want to help us, they'll start by lowering our tuition fees.

I'm still opting for Canada, but at that time, I was sad to realise this dark truth.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.