Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,503 members, 7,830,513 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:32 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (352) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1239887 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobsyga(m): 10:06pm On Oct 07, 2022
Kingarike:
Good day
Please I want to confirm after medical request and it been updated to pass do they still do eligibility review and what are the odds of me getting a ppr
Thank you
Your Eligibility review has been passed already,You stand at 99% in getting PPR in less than a month.
Congratulations in Advance
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by makano: 10:08pm On Oct 07, 2022
Hello Kingarike

Yes, Eligibility continues until you get your Passport request or get refused, once Eligibility is over, its either an applicant gets PPR or refusal..

Peace
Kingarike:
Good day
Please I want to confirm after medical request and it been updated to pass do they still do eligibility review and what are the odds of me getting a ppr
Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by makano: 10:09pm On Oct 07, 2022
This is too much explanation for his question.. grin

Peace
Joedave25:
@ Kingarike,

Medical request/exam is just one of the indices deployed by IRCC, they will need to assess if you are eligible (eligibility review) which may not be limited to ascertain:

1.) If there's a career progression.......purpose of study.Your program of interest should be able to align with your first degree/certificate or your working experience etc.

2.) If you have the capacity to fund your study.Funds available in your bank statement should be able to cover your living expenses for atleast one year(10kCAD +Tuition fees+Miscellaneous atleast 4kCAD). You will also be required to demonstrate (in your SOP) how you intend to foot your bills for the next year should you be running morethan a year program.

3.) If your choice of program is worth the expenses involved and so on.

The odds depends largely on the above and how you articulate your thoughts in your Statement of Purpose (SOP)

I will STRONGLY advise you take out time and go through the 1st page of this thread and the previous thread for more guide. All the information you will ever need to pull through are here.Spare time to dig deeper for insight!!!!!!!!

I hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Frankielilbaby(f): 10:13pm On Oct 07, 2022
Bobsyga:

Your Eligibility review has been passed already,You stand at 99% in getting PPR in less than a month.
You stand at a 95% chance of getting a PPR and that is a fact IRCC never requests for medicals if they are going to reject you. At least from the 98% study, be relaxed and let the work of God manifest in your life. It will end in praise.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by makano: 10:16pm On Oct 07, 2022
Hello Aissy

1- 4 - 6 Months is the required number of months for a Canadian study permit application.

2- He can travel with his wife, but he must be ready to give the Visa officer convincing reasons why his wife will be accompanying him. Also, hope he has other strong home ties cos his wife would have been a perfect home tie..

Peace
Aissy:
Good day all, I really hope everyone seeing this is doing okay.
Please can someone help me with this, I would really appreciate.
- my brother just got married and wants to move to canada as a student with his wife
-can he submit a 6months bank statement?
-can anyone who travelled with their spouse please please give me some information. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by makano: 10:24pm On Oct 07, 2022
Every International student is jumping to this news. With this, students can comfortably pay for their outstanding school fees..

it is really a good news for anyone to be sad.. You are the 1st person I am seeing on and off this thread getting sad about this..

Peace
bepositive11:
I know some of you are happy about the recent announcement of being able to work more than 20 hours a week, but I'm honestly sad about it.

Why not raise minimum wage for international students instead? It's like Canada is exploiting international students instead of helping us. Imagine. Expecting students to study full time, and then work full time for minimum wage? Something is not right.

Canada doesn't have the best interest of students at heart. If they did, they would raise minimum wage instead of allowing us to work more than 20 hours while studying full time.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Guest911: 10:24pm On Oct 07, 2022
@gurus in the house
I was just filling the family form, as I don't have any siblings or parents as home ties hope nothing spoil?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nobody: 10:27pm On Oct 07, 2022
IME forms
police report
school certificates & transcript
nysc posting letter ( still serving)
reference letter from ppa
SOP
Past & present uk & us visas

POF
my dad soa( 4months)
bond certificate from bank
CAC of business
property deeds

my course is a year, so i think my answer is yes

maco2525:

Please what documents did you submit.Because am trying to unearth the reason behind disparities in processing time.Also the proof of fund you submitted does it encompass entire duration of program or just first year with explanation for means of paying for subsequent years.Your answer is needed to know how i can present my study permit application to replicate such processing speed.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Kingarike: 10:27pm On Oct 07, 2022
Bobsyga:

Thank you very much for this
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by makano: 10:28pm On Oct 07, 2022
Hello Guest

How do you mean you don't have any siblings or parents, are they dead or what? please clarify..

And if that's the case, you will have to fill their details there, as there is space to fill for your deceased family members, you will have to put a date of death....

Peace
Guest911:
@gurus in the house
I was just filling the family form, as I don't have any siblings or parents as home ties hope nothing spoil?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nobody: 10:28pm On Oct 07, 2022
Yhn1:

We’re you getting email updates or just on the portal

at all, i didnt get any update except biometrics then bvl & ppr
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Kingarike: 10:30pm On Oct 07, 2022
Frankielilbaby:

You stand at a 95% chance of getting a PPR and that is a fact IRCC never requests for medicals if they are going to reject you. At least from the 98% study, be relaxed and let the work of God manifest in your life. It will end in praise.

Amen and he will do wonder in yours too, thank you and God bless you and one more thing I have been sending them emails I hope it okay

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by cyrielo(m): 10:40pm On Oct 07, 2022
makano:
Hello Guest

How do you mean you don't have any siblings or parents, are they dead or what? please clarify..

And if that's the case, you will have to fill their details there, as there is space to fill for your deceased family members, you will have to put a date of death....

Peace
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by cyrielo(m): 10:47pm On Oct 07, 2022
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by chrisoo(m): 10:49pm On Oct 07, 2022
I have been thinking in that direction too. They would have reduced the full time clause to part time, then I will be excited. People will lose sleep to take full advantage... which may impact the GPA of the students. All the same, Let's thank God for this opportunity first. When they see the effects, they may adjust further. I believe Canadian Government thinks and plans well for international students and their welfare. Just my opinion on the lifting of the 20hrs per week maximum work hrs.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Oyalfares: 11:51pm On Oct 07, 2022
Hello, this goes to anyone that has applied form A to pay school fees through Unity bank do they ask for marriage certificate and waec for postgraduate study?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Jaykeh: 12:06am On Oct 08, 2022
Joedave25:
@Jaykeh,

You can choose/book ....IOM (Abuja or Lagos offices..Ikeja)
https://mymedical.iom.int/apps/omas/#_frmHome

OR

https://www.qlifefamilyclinic.com/........qlife Medical
(Victoria Island,Lagos)

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by HonWise(m): 12:09am On Oct 08, 2022
International students to help address Canada’s labour shortage

From November 15, 2022, until December 31, 2023, international students who are in Canada and who have off-campus work authorization on their study permit will not be restricted by the 20-hour-per-week rule. Foreign nationals who have already submitted a study permit application, as of today, will also be able to benefit from this temporary change, provided their application is approved.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2022/10/international-students-to-help-address-canadas-labour-shortage.html

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Alukoholumidey: 12:14am On Oct 08, 2022
Kingarike:

Thank you very much for this

Pls how long does it take for you to get the medical request ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Guest911: 12:18am On Oct 08, 2022
makano:
Hello Guest

Peace
Yes mum is late, all of my siblings are not in Nigeria
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by KRTL: 12:26am On Oct 08, 2022
Hello everyone,

I am trying to apply for a diploma program..and the requirement is SSCE or its equivalent ..does it mean I can apply for the program even though I already have a bachelors degree?

PS: I am aware of the PGD/PGC programs

Thank you all.

@frankrobbn
@justmellow
@makano
@anon
@technix
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Isyma(m): 12:48am On Oct 08, 2022
After almost 3 months of application, I just got my upfront medicals passed today, nawa for IRCC oo

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by apeja2017: 12:52am On Oct 08, 2022
geekly44:
ITS PPR

1st time applicant.
Application submitted: August 10
Biometrics: August 12
Upfront Medicals: July 21
Medical passed: October 4 ( Didn’t even know)
Eligibility: I think immediately after not sure
BVL: Oct 7
PPR: Oct 7

Congratulations
Go and prosper.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Keren12: 2:40am On Oct 08, 2022
Please who has apply for visa from the USA to Canada for studies. And what is the procedure?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by MyVc: 3:22am On Oct 08, 2022
Please, what are the cheapest Universities in Canada

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Esanson: 5:50am On Oct 08, 2022
geekly44:
ITS PPR

1st time applicant.
Application submitted: August 10
Biometrics: August 12
Upfront Medicals: July 21
Medical passed: October 4 ( Didn’t even know)
Eligibility: I think immediately after not sure
BVL: Oct 7
PPR: Oct 7
congratulations Canada will favour you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Frankielilbaby(f): 7:14am On Oct 08, 2022
Kingarike:

Amen and he will do wonder in yours too, thank you and God bless you and one more thing I have been sending them emails I hope it okay
Amen oh, sure as long as nothing implicating is added to those emails
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pace6: 7:16am On Oct 08, 2022
Hello good morning great minds.

Please a friend of mine ordered for GCMS notes since July 13th but hasn’t gotten the notes. She contacted them and this was their response.

Is it safe to order for a another one or wait?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by sammyfrance23: 7:31am On Oct 08, 2022
Hello house
Please is it possible to apply for study permit for a school in Quebec without getting CAQ
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Envivo: 7:52am On Oct 08, 2022
Hello house, please I need help with Gtbank current account referee as all the referees I have been registering have all been rejected. I won't mind a fee
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by olutoyiin: 7:55am On Oct 08, 2022
Good morning my people, like I promised I’m back to share my timeline

First Time Applicant (DIY)
Application submitted June 24th, 2022

Biometric submitted – June 27th updated on portal August 5th
Medicals upfront - . Medicals passed - August 5th
Eligibility commenced- September 24th

Study program – Phd program, UBC. Fully Funded with Tuition waiver.

PPR – Oct 7th 2022

Docs. Submitted
All IMM forms
SOP - 8 pages long. paragraphed with subheads to address all eligibility review criteria as itemised in the IRCC portal and special mention to @Folaf who encouraged me to tell my own story and also provided me with the guidelines for my sop.
- Employer offer letter, confirmation of employment letter, salary review letter, Role review letter, staff id card, pay stubs from November till date of application submission. (I did this to capture all my bonuses and housing upfront allowances), tax clearance certificate
- POF - 7 month MBS (salary account closing with 3.7 Million: Received 2.5 Million from Spouse for my student fees and flight expenses supported this with notarized consent and support letter from spouse

Funding letter from school (TA and RA) total CAD$25,248 per Month

Tuition waiver letter from school but I have to pay student fees

Received 3 other different scholarships from school while application was processing sent all 3 letters to IRCC via Email and Webforms (Total Approximately CAD6000 for the term)

Pension reference letter with about 3 million

All car documents

Notarised land deed of agreement and notarized valuation report of our house all are jointly owned by spouse and I

Notarised reference Letter from church with different church certificates

All Marriage and children certificates with lots of pictures

Cv and all my international publications, Trancripts and results

My supervisor sent his research proposal for the work I was coming to do, I added this plus all the personal congratulatory emails I got from the school; had about 4 including the departmental head)

* 1 week after application submission, i started firing emails to nairobi office & webforms (info gotten here from gurus... thanks again) requesting to update my biometrics

* 8 weeks after application submission, started firing emails and webforms to Nairobi, London, abuja, lagos, china, (info gotten from gurus... thanks again). no response or auto response.

* 12 weeks after application submission, I took a day off to send mail every 15 minutes for 3 hours straight pls don’t try this

On September 24th, I got a warning mail and eligibility started

On October 5th sent deferral letter and requested GCMS Notes

OCTOBER 7TH PPR

I specially want to thank thank Afolavid, meeny123, olokings for all the resources they shared with me, I truly appreciate. Not forgetting sos123, hesjay, samuelogunniyi and all the gurus and people who made the journey smooth.

I thank God who made it possible and for all those still expecting you shall testify so. For me the journey still continues as I will be applying for my spouse and kids……….

Thanks all.

P.s I edited Olokings Testimonial

22 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.