Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,862 members, 7,828,086 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:58 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (406) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1236984 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (403) (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Silas12345: 2:27pm On Oct 19, 2022
Pace6:

You’ll get your PPR soonest.
Amen Insha Allah.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by kokoromaster9: 2:28pm On Oct 19, 2022
Silas12345:
it’s sad bro and yes I used to order gcms notes every month since January to July this year and I noticed that my document is not touch or being review because all my notes is all the same for 6 months.

Write your MP, I believe that’s best at this stage. It will end in praise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Tgbengus151(m): 2:41pm On Oct 19, 2022
Okay. Done.

Kelvinace:
Kindly add me 07051655554

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Tgbengus151(m): 2:42pm On Oct 19, 2022
My apologies for the late response.

Kelvinace:
Still waiting please 07051655554

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by SoftdudeKay: 4:23pm On Oct 19, 2022
Hi guys,

I just did my upfront medical today, and I was told they’ll upload it to the embassy once the results are out. I was advised to also upload the slip on my portal too to notify the embassy that I’ve come for my upfront medical. The issue here is, web form takes 28 working days before they reply. Please, how do I upload this slip on my portal? Or does anyone have the web form link that they reply in lesser days?

Kindly help a brother.
Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 4:30pm On Oct 19, 2022
SoftdudeKay:
Hi guys,

I just did my upfront medical today, and I was told they’ll upload it to the embassy once the results are out. I was advised to also upload the slip on my portal too to notify the embassy that I’ve come for my upfront medical. The issue here is, web form takes 28 working days before they reply. Please, how do I upload this slip on my portal? Or does anyone have the web form link that they reply in lesser days?

Kindly help a brother.
Thanks.

Just do your part and submit via webform and email. The hospital will also send theirs. Na to go pray remain.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 4:30pm On Oct 19, 2022
timigreene:
Does anyone here knows if English proficiency is compulsory or optional for admission to lambton college. Thanks

NO, it isn't.

Read their deferral policy well sha
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by piragirl(f): 4:39pm On Oct 19, 2022
Hi jaydave,Please I'm interested,are you student or planning to be one.
Can we chat on Whatsapp:08036505119.

I will appreciate all the help I can get,thanks so much.

quote author=jaydave post=117668772]This might be helpful. A free application sch in US that offers $30000 scholarship for every student admitted

https://www.gowartburg.org/intl/?_ga=2.126233354.664846802.1666100322-1438909788.1666100322[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Joedave25: 4:47pm On Oct 19, 2022
@ Chizzyonwuakpa,

I will advise you

a) send in your passport for stamping first.

b) Then quickly initiate discussion with your school if it can be reversed. If positive fine otherwise you will need to reapply/be offered admission and whichever you MUST notify IRCC of either development.

c)You will need to travel not earlier than 30days before your program starts.Remember notifying IRCC with your new LOA will help u at your POE.

d) You should be able to travel with your letter of introduction after stamping.

You can also wait for more input from others.

I hope this helps.

Chizzyonwuakpa:
Pls all, I need your kind assistance.
My passport was just requested by the Canadian embassy through Vfs but my fear is that my admission has been revoked. What can I do now? Also, if given my visa, how long can I wait before I travel with it. For example, I am expecting a new admission by December, 2022 against September 2023. Can I wait till January atleast?

Please I am still expecting a response. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by JustMellow: 4:49pm On Oct 19, 2022
Godpikin4:
Thank you.
He already got an admission in University of Manitoba.However,for a "University 1" program. The intended course was not captured on the OL as students are expected to chose a course after the program. In this case,can he state a related course(related to current work)in his SOP and probably go for the desired one after the program.

Hello Godpikin4,

While drawing the attention of the officer to the University 1 program, ensure to tell the officer about the relevance of the learning, and also guide the officer to understand the significance of the 'primary proposed course' of the said person's career interest after completing the preliminary study.

Success is all I Wish You!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by aqibjawed96(m): 4:50pm On Oct 19, 2022
[JobzArabi.com/https://www.jobzarabi.com/] is the UAE's leading job search website, and it offers a wide range of services to help job seekers in their search for a new career. The website offers a comprehensive search engine, as well as tools to help you find jobs based on your skills and interests, as well as tips on career advice.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 4:51pm On Oct 19, 2022
Chizzyonwuakpa:

Please what happens when your admission is withdrawn and a study permit later granted?

Write a strong appeal to the school and explain that you have your SP now and ask for reconsideration.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by amila20042001: 4:55pm On Oct 19, 2022
Congratulations Sir
chuksinfotech:
Please how do you people jubilate when you get your PPR?

I am fasting, weak and dumbfounded to even shout and be happy. Brethren, Indeed God's time is the best.

It is finally here

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by JustMellow: 4:57pm On Oct 19, 2022
Sammmypoko:
Which is the most affordable?

The following colleges listed below can be considered for your postgraduate study.

• Humber College
• Lambton College
• George Brown College
• Algonquin College
• Centennial College

Hello Sammmypoko,

The schools fall within the range of CAN$17,000 – CAN$ 18,000, or above. The tuition fees to be paid also depend on the program, which is subject to change as the quoted amount may not be accurate. The accurate figure is what reflects on the LOA and not always on their websites.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Joedave25: 4:57pm On Oct 19, 2022
@Stellaawele,

Kindly visit 1st pages of this thread and the previously thread for details.

Please note that it's important you should be able to "sell yourself" through your statement of purpose (SOP).Much have been discussed about SOP,POF here.Mine the pages and revert where you need more clarifications.

I hope this helps.

Stellaawele:

Please I need help on how to go about my Visa processing..I've just been admitted into Fleming college
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Joedave25: 5:17pm On Oct 19, 2022
@Stellaawele,

Kindly visit 1st pages of this thread and the previously thread for details.

Please note that it's important you should be able to "sell yourself" through your statement of purpose (SOP).Much have been discussed about SOP,POF here.Mine the pages and revert where you need more clarifications.

I hope this helps.

[quite author=Chizzyonwuakpa post=117655673]Pls all, I need your kind assistance.
My passport was just requested by the Canadian embassy through Vfs but my fear is that my admission has been revoked. What can I do now? Also, if given my visa, how long can I wait before I travel with it. For example, I am expecting a new admission by December, 2022 against September 2023. Can I wait till January atleast?

Please I am still expecting a response. Thanks[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by JustMellow: 5:20pm On Oct 19, 2022
Ojb555666:

Please can you throw more light on this Sir, are you saying that changing DLI and course in Canada may result in problems getting PGWP?

Hello Ojb555666,

Not necessarily. It might pose a problem if the decision/reason(s) for the action is not adequately justified. As mentioned in my previous post, it is somewhat of a new change, in that, the implementation patterns by IRCC are yet to be clear based on 'practice.' However, several factors could become a problem in being eligible for the PGWP, which is not reduced to:

• non-attendance of classes;

• taking unscheduled breaks;

• switching DLIs (without notifying IRCC/updating the new DLI information in the online account – GcKey. It seems the option is not available in the IRCC Portal;

• Failed courses;

• Violating the SP rules & regulations;

• Working beyond 20 hrs/week – temporarily suspend, as you may know already that international students can now work full time starting November 15, 2022, until December 31, 2023;

• Breaking the Canadian law/DUI – taking very seriously;

• Domestic violence;

• Studying/working with an expired/invalid SP;

• et cetera.

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Joedave25: 5:20pm On Oct 19, 2022
@SoftdudeKay,

Nairobi if you are applying from Nigeria

SoftdudeKay:
Guys please I want to send a web form now but it’s asking me to choose the visa office processing my application. The drop box is showing me Kenya - Nairobi, and also Nigeria - Lagos. Which of these should I choose?

Thanks for your swift responses.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by JustMellow: 5:23pm On Oct 19, 2022
Teeebabyyy:
Please how can one find an MP please?

Hello Teeebabyyy,

I think some time ago, someone posted a link here that contains the contact information of MPs in the different provinces. Use the search button to navigate through previous threads or utilize Google.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Oldfashioned145: 5:28pm On Oct 19, 2022
Actually you need to remind them to update your medical through mails also. It took my medicals 4days to be updated after I mailed IOM for my assessment report..

Keep sending them mails.

SoftdudeKay:
Hi guys,

Kindly help a brother.
Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Joedave25: 5:29pm On Oct 19, 2022
@ Chizzyonwuakpa,

It will be risky to embark on the journey without a valid LOA.You look for admission and update IRCC before you set out in order to play safe.

I hope this helps.

Chizzyonwuakpa:

Please what happens when your admission is withdrawn and a study permit later granted?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Oldfashioned145: 5:32pm On Oct 19, 2022
Have you done upfront medicals?
Have you been mailing them constantly?

DejiiiiB:
ANY MARCH 30TH APPLICANT HERE!!!

THE LAST UPDATE ON MY APPLICATION IS MY BIOMETRIC ON APRIL 11TH, SINCE THEN NOTHING FROM IRCC

BUT HAVE JOIN THE ONLINE CLASS SINCE MAY

SHOULD I BE WORRIED GUYS?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Joedave25: 5:33pm On Oct 19, 2022
@ daffy22,

Their app is very unstable.I couldn't use it last week I tried but I was able to book using their site.I advise you use their web and do the booking.

I hope this helps.

daffy22:
Hi, has anyone booked a plane with Ethiopia airline using their app?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Joedave25: 5:35pm On Oct 19, 2022
@ daffy22,

Their app is very unstable.I couldn't use it last week I tried but I was able to book using their site.I advise you use their web and do the booking.

I hope this helps.

daffy22:
Hi, has anyone booked a plane with Ethiopia airline using their app?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ojb555666: 7:05pm On Oct 19, 2022
JustMellow:

Hello Ojb555666,

Not necessarily. It might pose a problem if the decision/reason(s) for the action is not adequately justified. As mentioned in my previous post, it is somewhat of a new change, in that, the implementation patterns by IRCC are yet to be clear based on 'practice.' However, several factors could become a problem in being eligible for the PGWP, which is not reduced to:

• non-attendance of classes;

• taking unscheduled breaks;

• switching DLIs (without notifying IRCC/updating the new DLI information in the online account – GcKey. It seems the option is not available in the IRCC Portal;

• Failed courses;

• Violating the SP rules & regulations;

• Working beyond 20 hrs/week – temporarily suspend, as you may know already that international students can now work full time starting November 15, 2022, until December 31, 2023;

• Breaking the Canadian law/DUI – taking very seriously;

• Domestic violence;

• Studying/working with an expired/invalid SP;

• et cetera.

Cheers!
I thought they said one can change DLI within Canada by only updating GCKEY account that's informing IRCC or through web form or e-mail for IRCC website/new portal.
Which one come be justifiable reason again and how can one know if the reason is justified
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ojb555666: 7:08pm On Oct 19, 2022
Joedave25:
@ Chizzyonwuakpa,

It will be risky to embark on the journey without a valid LOA.You look for admission and update IRCC before you set out in order to play safe.

I hope this helps.

Admission from same DLI o, outside that na fresh study permit application
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Loving1: 7:10pm On Oct 19, 2022
Hello house, I got admitted to a College in Canada and my Dad is in Senega doing business. Can he use his business documents over there to use as part of sponsorship documents for me in Nigeria here? What docs can he send to me to assist in my visa application.

Also, my class is suppose to start by Jan 5th. If I apply for visa now can it come out b4 then or I should defer my admission?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Loving1: 7:14pm On Oct 19, 2022
Please I'm in Delta State, can I do police clearance certificate over here or even close place like Benin city or it's only Lagos and Abuja?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Joedave25: 7:18pm On Oct 19, 2022
@Oyefhunke,

It's so unfortunate u are having challenge with your Agent on this journey.we have always encouraged applicants to understand how this journey works even if you prefer to use Agents eventually, Anyway;

1.) It depends if you have access to your profile or not and majorly on the terms of agreement you have with the Agent.Issues like this could jeopardise your chances of getting your application approved cos it appears there is a strong disagreement already.

1.)you can do your medical and submit without him if you have access to your profile.

2.) Medical is a little above 45k at both approved facilities......IOM (abuja/Ikeja) and Qlife (Victoria Island)

3.) The hospital will forward to IRCC while you also send the copy of medical sheet that will be given to you after the medical exam. You are to raise a webform to IRCC Nairobi and also email them.

4.)Nobody can tell how fast your application can go but God.You will only need to do all the needful and trust Him to do the rest. Hoever,considering that you have less than 2months to resume school, I will advise you go ahead and do the medicals(upfront) to save time.

I hope this helps.

oyefhunke:
Hello guys...am new here....
Pls have been processing my Visa through an agent now going for my biometrics nd wanted to do an upfront medicals as well but es charging 150k which I know is not upto dat ...my question now is
1.is der a way I can do my medical without him using it against me
2.how much is d medical nd WC hospital canbi do it
3.how will I send,it...is it to d agent or the hospital will send it to me or IRCc
3.my last admission date is jan10,will my visa and other processing still meet up or sud I defer my admission
Pls I need quick response am a newbie

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Godsmercy565: 7:28pm On Oct 19, 2022
Kikivanxx:

Three days later it’s ready for pickup. You can opt for delivery or in person pick up as well.

Please how much did you pay for passport submission?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Canadapikin1: 7:43pm On Oct 19, 2022
Good morning everyone trust y'all are doing fine. I'm just starting my vis process so My friend introduced me to nairaland.
Can anyone please suggest an undergraduate course for someone that studied as an humanities and arts students in secondary school. Thank you very much
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Oldfashioned145: 7:53pm On Oct 19, 2022
which ever school you intend to apply, on their sites you'd find the whole courses available under art major.

You need to start hunting on google.

Canadapikin1:
Good morning everyone trust y'all are doing fine. I'm just starting my vis process so My friend introduced me to nairaland.
Can anyone please suggest an undergraduate course for someone that studied as an humanities and arts students in secondary school. Thank you very much

(1) (2) (3) ... (403) (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.