Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,013 members, 7,817,986 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:50 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (470) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1221026 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (467) (468) (469) (470) (471) (472) (473) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Jaykeh: 4:13pm On Nov 07, 2022
Please how can someone book biometrics enrollment, I tried through webform on vsf site and got a reply today with the details I input during the application as part of the email. No appointment date given only those application details like preferred dates, track ID... Please is there any other thing I'm supposed to do or am I to still wait?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Femioye337(m): 4:27pm On Nov 07, 2022
Please is enrolment letter needed to board Ethiopian airline ??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Drpepper59: 4:37pm On Nov 07, 2022
When are you leaving
Femioye337:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Predator188: 4:42pm On Nov 07, 2022
Papapa1234:
Ok my spouse has filled and sent via webform

Can I start using the representative privilege immediately or I need to wait for Ircc to acknowledge the representative form?

Thanks so much
You can't make use of representative unless ircc process it, you can attach use of representative to the webform and refer to it, in that case ircc will attend to your enquiry then acknowledge the use of representative!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Femioye337(m): 4:47pm On Nov 07, 2022
Drpepper59:
When are you leaving
Wednesday... please is it needed ??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Lilkalifaa: 4:50pm On Nov 07, 2022
Good afternoon,
Please for the people who have already traveled, were you asked to present a proof of fund at immigration. If so which did you present, the proof of fund you submitted with your application or the most recent one?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by larryrichie: 4:53pm On Nov 07, 2022
@johnstan Thanks for this information

johnstan:

There's no IRCC format for email and webform enquiries.
You can choose to send same email message to all their offices or customize each mail before sending to their separate offices, it's really up to you.

Good luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Papapa1234: 5:24pm On Nov 07, 2022
You mean I should attach the already filled forms when raising a webform?
Predator188:

You can't make use of representative unless ircc process it, you can attach use of representative to the webform and refer to it, in that case ircc will attend to your enquiry then acknowledge the use of representative!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Papapa1234: 5:24pm On Nov 07, 2022
Another moniker said I can't...pls which is the ideal thing to do pls
Profgordons:

You can use it at anytime after uploading, it is already on your profile
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by hugapex: 5:27pm On Nov 07, 2022
GoodofNaija:

Congrats! Pls is your IELTS general or academic?

I wrote the Academic IELTS test. It is, however, not required for a study visa.
I think submitting anyone you have is ok but if you are considering writing, go for academic.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Blackgoldjoe: 5:30pm On Nov 07, 2022
favourdamsel:
So happy for you. I thank God for making this a reality. congratulations in your PPR. Wish you success in Canada.
This IRC

Congrats @favourdamsel. I'm so happy for you. Can u help me with the email format u sent to Nairobi, lagos, etc? Thank you kindly
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by femmybet(f): 5:40pm On Nov 07, 2022
Super happy for you!
Congratulations!
Mine is next in Jesus name

hugapex:
PPR Post! What the enemy meant for evvil, God turned it around for my good.

Been busy with assignments because I am for fall resumption and resumed online smiley
Just getting myself guys! Been sleeping well since PPR... and busy with travel preparations too.
I wanted to type this long post at once with every detailed information.

Application Submitted: June 23
Biometrics: June 28
Upfront Medicals: July 15
Medical Passed: August 1
Eligibility: August 2
At this point, I prayerfully thought PPR would land August. It was emotionally tormenting as my resumption date was approaching.
Wanted to deferr but I too stubborn. grin Anyways, it was because my school refunds if you are denied visa. I weighed my options so I pushed on.
After several emails, I got several "Good day. We have high volumes, backlog... e.t.c." mails from Nrobi.
Spouse medical passed: Sep 10
Recent email October 31 "Your application is currently in process and pending review by an officer"
Approved: November 3

Duration:[/b]19 Weeks

Application for 2; Myself and Spouse

[b]DOCS SUBMITTED

Mpower Approved Loan
Guaranteed deposit to CIBC: 10,000CAD
MBS Business Bank Statement: 8 months inflow/outflow - around 200m; Balance: about 14m
Personal Account: 8 months inflow/outflow - 198m/197m; Balance - around 1m
Booked return flight ticket for spouse but couldn't meet travel date. (Just about 14% refunded because I didn't pay for a flexible plan)
Later paid Tuition fees for the fall semester of the first year. (I didn't pay at first because my Mpower covers all)
Not sure if it caused the delay. Mpower insists I must have Visa first before the disbursement of loan.

Spouse
Spouse work ID
Spouse Academic and Professional Profile, Curriculum Vitae.
Marriage certificates; Church and Court
Spouse NIN

To prove financial position in my country,
Company CAC
TAX document
Company vehicles
Submitted just 1 land document (Worth about just 1m) Just the deed of agreement. No Survey, no valuation.
Academic:
B.Sc. Academic Certificate and Online learning certificates
PMP, HSE,
IELTS (Expired)
GRE Test
Travel History: Vacay in Dubai, UAE

Home Ties
Pictures with parents, siblings, (with their NINs)
Spouse Home Ties: Pictures with parents, siblings, Work ID as executive in our company
NGO: Letter from my NGO stating I am travelling for further studies and my duties will be delegated pending my return..
Company: Business profile, CAC, Staff IDs, Website domain purchased, Plans for mobile app integration on return.

Thank you @MikeDimeji for guiding me selflessly through all the steps without complaints. Thank you @Oluwanishore for your input when I was at the crossroad of choosing to use the new or old portal(I used GCkey/Old Portal). Thank you @CharitoJames for the prayers and good wishes. (Rooting for you. Please reapply when you can) @7COLORS your PPR is this week! Everyone waiting for PPR, I I pray God answers you speedingly.
To everyone else who answered my questions and contribute to this thread always, thank you too.

It was quite hard to fight the feeling of doubts and uncertainties. Your "life" could even feel its in a halt.
Guys, if you feel these during your waiting time, keep on praying with your spouse and give thanks everyday.
If you are single, please speak and pray with someone whom your mind is in sync with. Be it siblings, parents, friends or even visit this thread.

Plus: My documents were not perfect as compared to some others on this thread. No two application is the same. Please do not be discouraged by the lots of documents you see on this thread. Submit what you can according to the visa application requirements, and don't "doctor" documents in any form. Not even receipts, invoices or whatever.

Try to meet the minimum requirements then God will help you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Blackgoldjoe: 5:45pm On Nov 07, 2022
Iremide2019:

Amen, God will answer your prayers. Thank you
Congrats Iremide.
Go forth and make exploits

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Olu4113: 5:55pm On Nov 07, 2022
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by apeja2017: 6:57pm On Nov 07, 2022
Panasonic101:
My father wants to do deed gift of 13m naira to fund my study, which means the money will be in my account. I’m submitting only my bank statement. Do you guys think the land/house documents I’ll be submitting should be in my name or his name? I’ll include only his Passport data page in the application.

I will advise to to also attach his statement to show were the money for come and state it in your sop with date and type of instrument. In addition ur dad should also state it in his letter of support. For the property you can leave it with his name.

Good luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Lolaflair(m): 6:58pm On Nov 07, 2022
Who has successfully collect pta for travelling from September to this month ?? Omoh una government no go see heaven ooo. Return ticket money fit go to waste even after applying pta

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by joefit4gur(m): 7:19pm On Nov 07, 2022
Hi!

Please what course can a woman apply for, with a 14 years study gap. She studied Computer Science in school, then has been a shop / supermarket owner. Can anyone help please?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Femioye337(m): 7:38pm On Nov 07, 2022
Please o.....someone should answer me
Femioye337:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bigdaddy001: 8:16pm On Nov 07, 2022
Hey guys, long time no see
Please guys I need the mails of all the ircc bodies bcus I want to send mails and please I also need a guild on how to arrange the message, please guys..
Thank you guys.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Preciousseeder: 8:18pm On Nov 07, 2022
So much interested in the answer to this question.

Olu4113:
Good evening everyone. I'm Olu, a prospective MSc student in Canada. So far, I've sent over 40 cold mails to PIs and I was lucky to get one in Laurentian University. Sudbury, ON. The problem now is that he mentioned that the assured funding I will be getting is $15kCAD/yr which can be supplemented with 9kCAD graduate teaching assistant salary. The school fees is 22kCAD/yr and, with cost of living, that'd be 32k/yr. The GTA position can only be given after I've registered for two terms (Fall and Winter terms). In addition to the 15k stipend, the 9k brings the total funding I'd be getting to 24k leaving a deficit of 8kCAD still.

At the moment, I can raise #3M (not sure of the equivalence in CAD) before I apply for visa (I'm applying for Fall 2023 intake). I'll really appreciate input on how to go around this as I'm lost as to how to navigate myself from here.

Specifically, will the VO honour a promise of GTA that is not assured (although the supervisor mentioned that I'll definitely be getting it) as part of my POF? I intend to keep shooting mails at less expensive schools but I don't want to lose the bird at hand yet.

Responses would be highly welcome.

Thank you.

Cc:
Makano
JustMellow
Frankrobbn1
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Thomsyne(m): 8:31pm On Nov 07, 2022
Bigdaddy001:
Hey guys, long time no see
Please guys I need the mails of all the ircc bodies bcus I want to send mails and please I also need a guild on how to arrange the message, please guys..
Thank you guys.

My guy don frustrate �
I understand how you feel. If nobody gets it, I’ll post within the hour

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by breakice31(m): 8:33pm On Nov 07, 2022
[quote author=hugapex post=118178144]PPR Post! What the enemy meant for evvil, God turned it around for my good.

Been busy with assignments because I am for fall resumption and resumed online smiley
Just getting myself guys! Been sleeping well since PPR... and busy with travel preparations too.
I wanted to type this long post at once with every detailed information.

Congratulations. I can’t wait to begin sleeping well too…Mine is on the way �

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by kweje: 8:40pm On Nov 07, 2022
Femioye337:
If you have your valid Letter of Admission/Acceptance(LOA) it would suffice. Some schools don’t even give enrollment letter when you have registered for courses unless you request for it.

The enrollment letter is more of a Port of Entry(POE) document, some times they don't even ask. Just your LOA, Tuition receipt if you have paid or who your sponsor who that will be paying.

Wait for others to weigh in.

All the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Am08020407288b: 8:45pm On Nov 07, 2022
My application is going to 18weeks now Ircc
Na beg I Dey beg oooo
I can’t even to anything myself
I just pray make Allah crown my efforts
June 29otisunmi

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Femioye337(m): 8:45pm On Nov 07, 2022
Thanks for the response
kweje:

If you have your valid Letter of Admission/Acceptance(LOA) it would suffice. Some schools don’t even give enrollment letter when you have registered for courses unless you request for it.

The enrollment letter is more of a Port of Entry(POE) document, some times they don't even ask. Just your LOA, Tuition receipt if you have paid or who your sponsor who that will be paying.

Wait for others to weigh in.

All the best.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Zinny24: 8:54pm On Nov 07, 2022
Ammykorr:
Hello everyone. I am just starting my admission application process against Fall 2023. I recently applied to Thompson Rivers university for an MBA program and I have been invited for a pre-assessment interview via zoom. Who has done this and what should I expect. Thank you.
I was also sent same mail applied for bsc fall
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Yinkstar(m): 8:58pm On Nov 07, 2022
You don't need all that for durham college just submit your application with your degree, transcript and co.
I got admitted for may intake
thelegalpundit:
Hello everyone, please who has applied to Durham College?

I am on the first page where you get to upload passport, transcript, certificate & also choose the program… but there’s no other section to upload supporting documents (letter of intent, resume, recommendation letter).

Do I go ahead and click ‘Submit Application’? Will I be redirected to OCAS page where these requirements will be uploaded, and then application fee payment will be made?

Please help. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Belinda32: 9:00pm On Nov 07, 2022
makano:
Hello Olorilee

I can only help with Conestoga college..

Peace
Goodevening makano, please I would be needing help too cos I want to apply at Conestoga college ����
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Belinda32: 9:06pm On Nov 07, 2022
Goodevening house .

I’m so happy to be here and you guys are doing a great job .
Please I would be needing guidance as I want to apply to a college for pgd . I’m a lawyer working with my state govt , I ve 10 years working experience as a state counsel and also legal admin assistant . Pls can someone advise me on the best pgd programme to apply for , a programme I can easily defend when I apply for visa . I also have a business as a side hustle ve ran for 4 years .

Secondly , is it also advisable to go with my family or just travel alone now and bring them over later . I have a baby who will turn one by February and I really wish I can travel with my family .

Thirdly, I’m considering a pgd in business analysis , is it a course I can easily defend ?
Please guys , I need help . Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Yinkstar(m): 9:13pm On Nov 07, 2022
please can you explain how you bought your GIC.
Gilb231:

1. LOA
2. Full tuition payment for my program. It’s a one year PGD program.
3. GIC certificate of CAD10,000
4. CAC registration for my business
5. Sales/Purchase invoice for my business
6. NECO result
7. B.Sc Degree certificate
8.NYSC Certificate
9. Birth Certificate
10. NIN
11.Personal 4months bank statement. I didn’t use MBS I just scanned a statement from my bank.
12. Passport Data page
13. Upfront Medicals from my first application November last year. I did this on purpose because I wanted to know when they ask for updated medicals.
14. Police Clearance also a year old from my last application.
15. Dom Account statement showing I bought the GIC from my personal account.
16. One page SOP. Keep it simple and concise at least in my opinion.
17.Landed property in my name as home ties. Just the survey plan.

This was my second application. I was refused on grounds of personal assets and financial status even though I had paid the complete school fees. But I had most of my funds for living expenses in a fixed deposit account in my name. I guess they don’t like fixed deposits as POF for living expenses.

What I did differently for my second application. I liquidated my fixed deposit and bought GIC. Then put the balance in my personal account. I also explained the lump sums in my SOP.

I prayed and asked God to help me. I think buying GIC and paying my full tuition was my silver lining they didn’t have any reason to say no.

Thank you to everyone that has share information on here or answered my annoying questions. I couldn’t have done it without you guys. I will do my best to help others.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bigdaddy001: 9:19pm On Nov 07, 2022
Lmao... I swr bro, I am frustrated
I want to send them a calm message let it not be as if I am shouting at them lol
Thomsyne:

My guy don frustrate �
I understand how you feel. If nobody gets it, I’ll post within the hour

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by amila20042001: 9:21pm On Nov 07, 2022
Please for those who have gone through this process before now
I am applying for SOWP for my wife and study permits for my kids.
My kids don't have admission yet, what do I upload in the provision for letter of acceptance.
I need help abeg

(1) (2) (3) ... (467) (468) (469) (470) (471) (472) (473) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.