Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,020 members, 7,818,022 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:59 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (472) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1221130 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (469) (470) (471) (472) (473) (474) (475) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CindyByFine(f): 4:43am On Nov 08, 2022
Okanagan College.
My brother got admission there....still waiting for Study Permit.
Ojb555666:
Please schools in British Columbia here, I have an inquiry to make
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CindyByFine(f): 4:45am On Nov 08, 2022
I think IOM.
My brother booked and did his within a week span.
hammed71:
guys please how long does it take to book an appointment with iom and also which is better for medicals between iom and qlife

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 5:42am On Nov 08, 2022
oluwjuwonlo:
Good evening guys

please my application was refused due to the following reason in the letter sent below, I don't even know what to do next, because I have close to 20m in my account and my sponsor has close to 50m, so why is the rejection on this ground? please I will appreciate all advice, please help me

Sorry about your refusal.
Having funds is not enough.
Is it readily available or did you fix it without a liquidation date in view.
Are you using a corporate account and intend to use the companys entire funds as POF.
Better still order for your gcms notes, get the full gist and repackage your application.

Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 5:49am On Nov 08, 2022
milkay:
Hi everyone, pls your advise will be appreciated.
I want to use my salary account as POF (I have enough funds in the account) but I'm currently servicing a loan. When I print out my bank statement, the loan repayment shows (there's no default).

Would this be an issue for my visa application?

Thanks for your response

If you have enough POF in your salary account you can, i.e. if you have enough balance after your loan liquidations. If you wouldn't have enough balance just use another account so you don't create a wrong impression with your POF as any VO can and would definitely see your liquidation debit narrations.

Good luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 5:56am On Nov 08, 2022
subzheero:
Please How can l pay my school fees at a reasonable rate without the bank.l have a deadline of Nov 16th..My School fee logged on trms was rejected today at UBA stating the programme not eligible for CBN funds .l still don't understand .Thinking because it's a college(PGD). Please assist l need to make this payment quickly

You have a deadline that would not permit you to use form A except your school would be willing to grant you some time after your due date.

If the latter is a possibility, use another bank - except if you only have a UBA account.

If this is not a possibility then quickly use black market, open a USD account fast with Uba, fund the account, get their dollar card and use.

Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by oluwjuwonlo: 6:31am On Nov 08, 2022
johnstan:

Sorry about your refusal.
Having funds is not enough.
Is it readily available or did you fix it without a liquidation date in view.
Are you using a corporate account and intend to use the companys entire funds as POF.
Better still order for your gcms notes, get the full gist and repackage your application.

Good luck.

Thank you for your responds, my brother is my sponsor, I think maybe I should make payment for my tuition fee, but should that payment be from my account or my brother's account?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by golor(m): 7:17am On Nov 08, 2022
oluwjuwonlo:

Thank you for your responds, my brother is my sponsor, I think maybe I should make payment for my tuition fee, but should that payment be from my account or my brother's account?

You are very funny . Flaunting such money without fee payment. Oga weldon oh , how is the family

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Calmdexter: 7:51am On Nov 08, 2022
oluwjuwonlo:

Few questions;

1. Was the 20M cash in your account?

2: was there a lumpsum not explained?

3. How many years course are you going for?

4. Have you made any tuition payment?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Calmdexter: 7:53am On Nov 08, 2022
golor:

You are very funny . Flaunting such money without fee payment. Oga weldon oh , how is the family

Some people don’t know as much as you do. Be glorious and honorable in guiding/teaching

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by milkay(f): 8:05am On Nov 08, 2022
Thank you for your response, pls just to clarify. Can I transfer the funds to my savings account bit by bit and state in my SOP that the funds is from my savings from my salary account and present only my savings account statement?

I'd appreciate your kind response. Thank you

johnstan:

If you have enough POF in your salary account you can, i.e. if you have enough balance after your loan liquidations. If you wouldn't have enough balance just use another account so you don't create a wrong impression with your POF as any VO can and would definitely see your liquidation debit narrations.

Good luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Papapa1234: 8:30am On Nov 08, 2022
Just guide the person...this mockery or sarcasm isn't necessary
golor:

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Olu4113: 8:45am On Nov 08, 2022
Olu4113:
Good evening everyone. I'm Olu, a prospective MSc student in Canada. So far, I've sent over 40 cold mails to PIs and I was lucky to get one in Laurentian University. Sudbury, ON. The problem now is that he mentioned that the assured funding I will be getting is $15kCAD/yr which can be supplemented with 9kCAD graduate teaching assistant salary. The school fees is 22kCAD/yr and, with cost of living, that'd be 32k/yr. The GTA position can only be given after I've registered for two terms (Fall and Winter terms). In addition to the 15k stipend, the 9k brings the total funding I'd be getting to 24k leaving a deficit of 8kCAD still.

At the moment, I can raise #3M (not sure of the equivalence in CAD) before I apply for visa (I'm applying for Fall 2023 intake). I'll really appreciate input on how to go around this as I'm lost as to how to navigate myself from here.

Specifically, will the VO honour a promise of GTA that is not assured (although the supervisor mentioned that I'll definitely be getting it) as part of my POF? I intend to keep shooting mails at less expensive schools but I don't want to lose the bird at hand yet.

Responses would be highly welcome.

Thank you.

Cc:
Makano
JustMellow
Frankrobbn1

Please I'll need inputs. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by SmartzJayTech: 8:46am On Nov 08, 2022
Hello house!

I got admitted into Niagara College for May 2023 Intake. I've processed the tuition fee (Form A) for 6 weeks now i.e 41 days, yet nothing positive and time is fast approaching as we never can tell how fast/long a 'Visa Application' decision would be made.

Would it be ideal to proceed with the Visa Application with POF showing full tuition fee, an acknowledgement email from TMS (Form A application portal), living expenses and other expenses readily available & will add the tuition receipts as web form when eventually debited/approved??

Advice(s) from the gurus and anyone in this shoe will be appreciated. Thank you!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by kweje: 8:46am On Nov 08, 2022
oluwjuwonlo:
Good evening guys

please my application was refused due to the following reason in the letter sent below, I don't even know what to do next, because I have close to 20m in my account and my sponsor has close to 50m, so why is the rejection on this ground? please I will appreciate all advice, please help me

Dear Oluwjuwonlo,
Sorry about the refusal. It is pertinent that you request CBSA/ GCMS notes to know exactly the VO concern despite the volume of funds you showed (we learn CBSA notes are faster, GCMS notes are taking months to be released recently).

Also check if your had
unexplained lumpsum in the accounts submitted?
Was sources of income adequately explained and documented?
Why do you need a sponsor when you have such amount? The VO may be wondering if the money is just for show.
Did you explain the funds in your account?
Are you employed? Or it was a gift deed for studies?

Even if you are going for a 4yr course, most people dont have all the funds when they apply, they explain how the source of funds is stable enough to sustain the studies.

Since you mentioned you didn’t pay any tuition( probably because the school didn't require it, did you mention this in your SOP? ( Before you re apply, pay some tuition( can be from any account, yours or sponsor) and mention its to show commitment even though the school didn't request.

All the best.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by kweje: 8:54am On Nov 08, 2022
amila20042001:
Please how do I get to know that my passport has been received by Canada visa application center.
I submitted via DHL on the 27th October and DHL tracking says delivered on the 31st October.
I didn't receive any sms/message from the visa application center.
Hope I'm on the right track.
How do I confirm if they have received the passport
Until VFS emails you and gives you a tracking number you cant track on their end.
Please be patient. A lot of people have complained of delays recently since this security issues was raised in Abuja.
I hope you get start getting emails from them soon.

All the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by oluwjuwonlo: 8:56am On Nov 08, 2022
Calmdexter:

Few questions;

1. Was the 20M cash in your account?

2: was there a lumpsum not explained?

3. How many years, of course, are you going for?

4. Have you made any tuition payments?

Thank you so much for your response and I appreciate it, yes the 20m was in my account and I try to avoid lumpsum as much as possible, am going for a master's program in U.Windsor, and I didn't make any tuition payment but am about to do that today.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by oluwjuwonlo: 9:02am On Nov 08, 2022
Wow! Thank you, I really appreciate this, please what is the time frame for CBSA, I try to avoid lumpsum as much as possible, and I explained the source of funds with evidence too, just tired right now...but i move and i will reapply
kweje:

Dear Oluwjuwonlo,
Sorry about the refusal. It is pertinent that you request CBSA/ GCMS notes to know exactly the VO concern despite the volume of funds you showed (we learn CBSA notes are faster, GCMS notes are taking months to be released recently).

Also check if your had
unexplained lumpsum in the accounts submitted?
Was sources of income adequately explained and documented?
Why do you need a sponsor when you have such amount? The VO may be wondering if the money is just for show.
Did you explain the funds in your account?
Are you employed? Or it was a gift deed for studies?

Even if you are going for a 4yr course, most people dont have all the funds when they apply, they explain how the source of funds is stable enough to sustain the studies.

Since you mentioned you didn’t pay any tuition( probably because the school didn't require it, did you mention this in your SOP? ( Before you re apply, pay some tuition( can be from any account, yours or sponsor) and mention its to show commitment even though the school didn't request.

All the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bubu44: 9:04am On Nov 08, 2022
hey guys please where can i rent airbnb in toronto
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Frankrobbn1: 10:17am On Nov 08, 2022
amila20042001:
Please for those who have gone through this process before now
I am applying for SOWP for my wife and study permits for my kids.
My kids don't have admission yet, what do I upload in the provision for letter of acceptance.
I need help abeg

Upload the PDF screenshot showing that your kids have been waitlisted with an elementary school close to your DLI.

It will end in praise

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by 2pretty4u(f): 10:29am On Nov 08, 2022
amila20042001:
Please for those who have gone through this process before now
I am applying for SOWP for my wife and study permits for my kids.
My kids don't have admission yet, what do I upload in the provision for letter of acceptance.
I need help abeg

For my kids, I uploaded a letter of intent written on their behalf by myself and my own loa
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by amila20042001: 10:34am On Nov 08, 2022
Thank you dear
2pretty4u:

For my kids, I uploaded a letter of intent written on their behalf by myself and my own loa
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by amila20042001: 10:35am On Nov 08, 2022
thanks a lot
Frankrobbn1:

Upload the PDF screenshot showing that your kids have been waitlisted with an elementary school close to your DLI.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by amila20042001: 10:35am On Nov 08, 2022
Thanks Kweje, i'll wait it out
kweje:

Until VFS emails you and gives you a tracking number you cant track on their end.
Please be patient. A lot of people have complained of delays recently since this security issues was raised in Abuja.
I hope you get start getting emails from them soon.

All the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by golor(m): 10:43am On Nov 08, 2022
Calmdexter:

Some people don’t know as much as you do. Be glorious and honorable in guiding/teaching

My bad !!!! Apologies .... but I believe he got the message regardless
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nadingo: 10:52am On Nov 08, 2022
bubu44:
hey guys please where can i rent airbnb in toronto
On the AirBnB app or through the website.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ammykorr: 10:55am On Nov 08, 2022
Oh alright.

I have done mine. Nothing serious. I can recall being asked why I chose the school/course. Then
Zinny24:

I was also sent same mail applied for bsc fall
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by larryrichie: 11:07am On Nov 08, 2022
My brother i taya taya ooo even my taya pass taya, person don think so many things man go dey sleep dey think of getting a mail from irc.

God is good sha, our waiting will not be in vain

Bigdaddy001:
Lmao... I swr bro, I am frustrated
I want to send them a calm message let it not be as if I am shouting at them lol

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by PrinceRey(m): 11:09am On Nov 08, 2022
Good day guys.

Has anyone here notarized a document of late and how much did you do it for?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Belinda32: 11:13am On Nov 08, 2022
Goodmorning house .

I’m so happy to be here and you guys are doing a great job .
Please I would be needing guidance as I want to apply to a college for pgd . I’m a lawyer working with my state govt , I ve 10 years working experience as a state counsel and also legal admin assistant . Pls can someone advise me on the best pgd programme to apply for , a programme I can easily defend when I apply for visa . I also have a business as a side hustle ve ran for 4 years .

Secondly , is it also advisable to go with my family or just travel alone now and bring them over later . I have a baby who will turn one by February and I really wish I can travel with my family .

Thirdly, I’m considering a pgd in business analysis , is it a course I can easily defend ?
Please guys , I need help . Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by harkintem(m): 11:15am On Nov 08, 2022
subzheero:
Please How can l pay my school fees at a reasonable rate without the bank.l have a deadline of Nov 16th..My School fee logged on trms was rejected today at UBA stating the programme not eligible for CBN funds .l still don't understand .Thinking because it's a college(PGD). Please assist l need to make this payment quickly

The only way is to get dollar at the black market rate and use a dollar card to make the payment. You can open a dom account at any bank and fund that Acc yourself or look for someone who has a don account that can help you. Even though I readily have dollar in my dom account I can’t help unless it’s face to face deal or we find a way to sort it out via escrow
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by larryrichie: 11:19am On Nov 08, 2022
@ Calmdexter thank you oo, we should be kind when responding to people's question.. and this person asking question just got a refuse study permit.. we can all do better

Calmdexter:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by tlk2Prince(m): 11:19am On Nov 08, 2022
Went to VFs this morning to check on my passport and it was not ready for pick up. Minutes after leaving, I got a mail that my application with tracking number…….. has been dispatched from IRCC Abuja office to Canada visa application Center. Does this mean my passport is ready for pickup?

(1) (2) (3) ... (469) (470) (471) (472) (473) (474) (475) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.