Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,951 members, 7,810,636 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:31 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (495) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1212395 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (492) (493) (494) (495) (496) (497) (498) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by NorthernshoreTS(m): 5:22pm On Nov 14, 2022
Hello Guys

Its been quite a while. Just thought to share some insight with us regarding passport renewal. Please if you have a year's validity or less, try and renew your passport before it gets stamped by IRCC upon PPR, so that the duration of you study permit is not limited by the expiration date of your passport (I wish I had known this before my wife travelled, I would have made all effort to renew her passport even though it had a year's validity as at then).

Contrary to popular opinion, it costs a lot (both financially and logistics-wise) to renew your passport in Canada especially if you don't reside within the Ottawa/Montreal general area or close to where the Nigerian High Commission is situated.

You MUST NOT wait for 6 months to the duration of your passport before you can renew it.

Wish all PPR hopefuls all the very best.

15 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by mizz2posh: 5:28pm On Nov 14, 2022
cyif2003:
Good day all. I hope I don’t use this my questions to draw d house back. I will b glad if someone can point me to d page where I can read about my question.
Pls my wife wants to apply for Mpower loans for a 2 years masters in Canada in public health and we wud like to go with her family dats me and our daughter. D loan fee will cover tuition for living expenses…… how visible is it dat we are granted visa for all of us Kus our home tie our pharmacy business which we plan to use…

I advice you allow her apply alone, if she gets it, she will apply for visitors visa for you guys.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by HazeeyzaH(f): 5:29pm On Nov 14, 2022
Ojukwudfugitive:
Folks, it's becoming psychologically traumatic seeing the review of my eligibility requirements going to a month now. It actually started running since the 18th of October, 2022. I thought the review takes 2 to 7 days.
Application date was August 1, 2022. This delay is sapping!!!

My application date is August 6th,Eligibility hasnt even started on my application, second time applicant..i am fedup and tired
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Chechem: 5:31pm On Nov 14, 2022
Exline101:

Is PPR,
I have been a silent reader and it won’t be nice if I fail to share this great joy with my Nairaland family .

Timeline ;

I will say I’m a third time applicant though first was a visiting visa around 2018 and I was denied based on financial status and assets.

Second application which is for study and that was when i got to know about Nairaland Travel section and I messaged @Anon123 and asked him to guide me through with my application . Then we submitted on 5th of April 2022 after two month, 8th June hot breakfast was served and we applied for gcms immediately and it came out around 29th of July :

Refusal reasons: unexplained lump sums and also the VO stated that the cooperate account statement provided that I did not explain relationship b/w the employee/employer .

What we did different : I paid additional tuition of 9500$ with the previous deposit of 2000$ making it a total sum of 11500$ ,I also went to bank requested for a reference letter stating that am sole signatory to my cooperate and savings account and also added few sales receipts /invoice of my business then we re-fired on 21st of August and PPR dropped on 10th of November.

Documents submitted

1. Letter of acceptance
2. Tuition receipt
3. Marriage certificate
4. Cac certificate
5. My wife’s cac certificate
6. 2 power of attorney of landed documents
7. Property valuation certificate
8. Tenancy agreements from my tenants
9. Sales receipt/invoice from my business
10. Police clearance certificate
11. Cooperate and savings account statement
12. My 2 kids birth certificate
13. Family pictures

I want to specially thank God almighty for making this Canadian dream a reality. I give him all the glory and also i want to thank @Anon123 for pointing me at the right direction and also all the gurus in the house . To the PPR hopefuls keep the faith alive it will surely end in praise . Amen

What is bothering me now is that I can’t find my biometrics receipt anymore though will be doing walk in passport submission since I live in Abuja until I get there this week will find a way out .

Please for land documents, is power of attorney enough, I am looking to do survey in my case.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Victordavies10: 5:32pm On Nov 14, 2022
Hey good day everyone I’d be going to lambton college ( sarnia ) next year by his grace and I’d love to make new friends especially those in sarnia …. Kindly reach out to me �� if you’re there or you’d be going next mid year
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nunushokoto(m): 5:34pm On Nov 14, 2022
MumiOlivia:

Good morning, sorry for the late response. I applied for POST-Baccalaureate Diploma in Health care Management. September semester.
Alright ma
I applied for Post-Baccalaureate Diploma In Business Analytics, May semester.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Victordavies10: 5:49pm On Nov 14, 2022
Hey good day everyone I got my visa and also admission into lambton college Sarnia next year April so I’d love to make new friends in Canada especially around sarnia and also look for a roommate for accommodation next year …. If you want to reach out to me please here’s my email …..victordavies2018@gmail.com thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Tessyugbajah: 6:16pm On Nov 14, 2022
Okay. I will
dude99:

I’m following your posts here, kindly let us know when you get your passport back here, I’d appreciate if you could tag me too

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Babysoldier(m): 6:18pm On Nov 14, 2022
oyefhunke:

Pls how much
was ur application refused funkẹ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Olaniiks: 6:27pm On Nov 14, 2022
Exline101:

Is PPR,
I have been a silent reader and it won’t be nice if I fail to share this great joy with my Nairaland family .

Timeline ;

I will say I’m a third time applicant though first was a visiting visa around 2018 and I was denied based on financial status and assets.

Second application which is for study and that was when i got to know about Nairaland Travel section and I messaged @Anon123 and asked him to guide me through with my application . Then we submitted on 5th of April 2022 after two month, 8th June hot breakfast was served and we applied for gcms immediately and it came out around 29th of July :

Refusal reasons: unexplained lump sums and also the VO stated that the cooperate account statement provided that I did not explain relationship b/w the employee/employer .

What we did different : I paid additional tuition of 9500$ with the previous deposit of 2000$ making it a total sum of 11500$ ,I also went to bank requested for a reference letter stating that am sole signatory to my cooperate and savings account and also added few sales receipts /invoice of my business then we re-fired on 21st of August and PPR dropped on 10th of November.

Documents submitted

1. Letter of acceptance
2. Tuition receipt
3. Marriage certificate
4. Cac certificate
5. My wife’s cac certificate
6. 2 power of attorney of landed documents
7. Property valuation certificate
8. Tenancy agreements from my tenants
9. Sales receipt/invoice from my business
10. Police clearance certificate
11. Cooperate and savings account statement
12. My 2 kids birth certificate
13. Family pictures

I want to specially thank God almighty for making this Canadian dream a reality. I give him all the glory and also i want to thank @Anon123 for pointing me at the right direction and also all the gurus in the house . To the PPR hopefuls keep the faith alive it will surely end in praise . Amen

What is bothering me now is that I can’t find my biometrics receipt anymore though will be doing walk in passport submission since I live in Abuja until I get there this week will find a way out .

Congratulations,Canada will Favour U and urs.pls let us know ur outcome on the biometrics because I’ve lost my biometrics slip too. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Babysoldier(m): 6:36pm On Nov 14, 2022
oyefhunke:
Hmnn
My application got refused on fri...I applied last month
How do I order for gcms note
What do I do to start new application
Then Is it not too fast to refuse my application
so sorry to hear this Funkẹ,i think we applied the same month,did they request for ur medical?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by MumiOlivia: 6:52pm On Nov 14, 2022
Nunushokoto:
Alright ma

Alright dear.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by emmyoddy: 7:37pm On Nov 14, 2022
angie88:
I think u should go for pgc or pgd on adult education
Please is there no option of masters for me in any related course because I will like to apply for PR later when I'm through with the program and PGD has just a year work permit.
I really appreciate your response sir.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Funmilayoo: 7:39pm On Nov 14, 2022
Hi everyone

Anyone here going to Conestoga College, Brantford Campus, I'm looking for accommodation, a shared apartment preferably.I will be coming in December but my school starts in May 2023.

I also want to know if anyone that has traveled 4months before school starts was able to work?

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Edidiong2013: 7:41pm On Nov 14, 2022
Hello everyone, Anyone applying to Bow valley college Alberta here? Is it advisable to still apply if the program is 'waitlisted' or is it best to apply for another intake
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Kenny4real68: 7:43pm On Nov 14, 2022
Please house , between DEED OF ASSIGNMENT and IRREVOCABLE POWER OF ATTORNEY which one shows stronger proof of ownership of landed properties?
I have limited space so I have to upload one.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Leadforteservic: 7:44pm On Nov 14, 2022
I have heard of people getting ppr without ever getting eligibility starting on their page.
HazeeyzaH:

My application date is August 6th,Eligibility hasnt even started on my application, second time applicant..i am fedup and tired

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by oyefhunke(f): 7:45pm On Nov 14, 2022
Babysoldier:
was ur application refused funkẹ?

Yea
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by oyefhunke(f): 7:46pm On Nov 14, 2022
Babysoldier:
so sorry to hear this Funkẹ,i think we applied the same month,did they request for ur medical?

I did upfront
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Leadforteservic: 7:55pm On Nov 14, 2022
Sorry about that. Please don't give up, fireback in a second application stronger than before.

You are very lucky their decision was very fast instead of being in situation with some others that have waited more than 3 months and some even 6 months and only to get disappointed after the long wait even disrupting their future plans.
oyefhunke:
Hmnn
My application got refused on fri...I applied last month
How do I order for gcms note
What do I do to start new application
Then Is it not too fast to refuse my application

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Chairwoman: 7:57pm On Nov 14, 2022
2pretty4u:

Thank you, you have the option of submitting during your application or after you have submitted your application, that is if it was an upfront medical that you did or you can decide to wait for IRCC to request for medicals from you
Thanks a lot, as God do am for you, make God do am for me too... Congratulations once again smiley
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Leadforteservic: 8:01pm On Nov 14, 2022
I have also thought if this, coming to Canada and starting work before school resumes.
From research, you can only work when school is in session.
I have heard one can get in problem with immigration if u start work when you're school have not resumed or if u even work more than 20 hours in a week if you're not on holiday.
Funmilayoo:
Hi everyone

Anyone here going to Conestoga College, Brantford Campus, I'm looking for accommodation, a shared apartment preferably.I will be coming in December but my school starts in May 2023.

I also want to know if anyone that has traveled 4months before school starts was able to work?

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by technix: 8:14pm On Nov 14, 2022
What do you mean by having limited space though? Do you mean file size? You can compress the files and confirm again that they are legible.

Kenny4real68:
Please house , between DEED OF ASSIGNMENT and IRREVOCABLE POWER OF ATTORNEY which one shows stronger proof of ownership of landed properties?
I have limited space so I have to upload one.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by MzMisty: 8:18pm On Nov 14, 2022
Hi Guys,

Any September applicant in the house. I applied September 9 and eligibility is yet to start.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ladyj143: 8:19pm On Nov 14, 2022
Good evening everyone,
Please i have so many things to ask, kindly help me out, I submitted my application since July 27th, did my medical same day and biometric done on 1st August, but till date my medical hasn't been updated, the latest update is biometric dated 1st August.
2ndly I had to defer my admission due to to long wait, so while uploading my new Loa, I also attached the copy of my medical, till now nothing from ircc. Is there anything I can do now since I've deferred to Sept 2023 cos I really needed time. Should I give them time or I can start firing mail and web form?
Kindly advise. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by timigreene(m): 8:49pm On Nov 14, 2022
Good evening houz.

Please what's the rate of Canadian dollar to Naira through form A?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Safetysmile: 9:42pm On Nov 14, 2022
Congratulations to all PPRs and best regards to every member of this forum..

Please pardon me, I have to come to study permit forum because no head way in SOWP forum and I believe there are more experienced gurus here compared.

Pls anyone with advise, suggestion or you can help to find out the solution to this peculiar situation.
Better still help with any lawyer or expert contact.
GOD bless you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Elpromisa: 9:44pm On Nov 14, 2022
Good evening everyone. I am having a challenge uploading IMM5257 and it is not really issue of download adobe because I have done all that was advised still no way. I really need to speak to somebody. I am frustrated. Someone should pls reach out to me.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Safetysmile: 9:44pm On Nov 14, 2022
I applied for visit visa for my hubby and kids in December last year and their application has not been completed.

I requested for gcms and discovered that hubby has passed eligibility and other stages, also PPR was marked for 3rd of February this year. However, his application was sent for security screening because his occupation deals with firearm and other combat weapons.

Pls what can I do to make IRCC send their PPR?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by femo86(m): 9:53pm On Nov 14, 2022
Nunushokoto:
Alright ma

Hi bro, I will also complete my application for this course.

Did you submit any english test cert like IELTS?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by 2pretty4u(f): 9:54pm On Nov 14, 2022
[quote author=Chairwoman post=118391906]
Thanks a lot, as God do am for you, make God do am for me too... Congratulations once again smiley[/quo

Thanks again. Amen to your prayers.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Safetysmile: 10:00pm On Nov 14, 2022
@ Justwise, Makano, Frankrobben and other gurus pls your cadid advise is appreciated. I have sent many webforms and emails.

Last massage from my MP was that they are still working on his security screening.

I am advised to apply for SOWP.

Is this a good idea or he should wait for the approval of the visit visa when background check(security screening) is completed?

(1) (2) (3) ... (492) (493) (494) (495) (496) (497) (498) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: Sandzy and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.