Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,903 members, 7,810,469 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:38 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (496) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1212236 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (493) (494) (495) (496) (497) (498) (499) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Simti: 10:02pm On Nov 14, 2022
Good evening all,
Please any suggestion would be appreciated as I really need it.

This is the summary of my application.
I applied for a student visa on the 16th of March, 2022. I did an upfront medicals on the 2nd of February 2022 before I applied. I also submitted a dependant visitor visa for my two years old alongside my application.

Fast forward to 12th of September, 2022, I got a medical request which I immediately booked for. 13th of September, being the next day, I got PPR so I thought probably my upfront medicals have been seen so I did not go for the scheduled medicals.

I just submitted my passport to the VFS Lagos office on the 15th of september because I just assumed everything has been settled with the medicals hence the passport request. I got an email that my passport was with IRCC on the 20th of September, 2022.
Comrades!! As at today, I have not gotten back my passport from IRCC and I have sent series of webform to this effect. My portal has not changed since I submitted and medicals not yet updated.

What do you think is the issue guys? Could it be the medicals causing the delay? I have sent webforms and emails with the upfront medicals i did. I dont understand anymore.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by yusmuf001: 11:02pm On Nov 14, 2022
Hello funmilayo,

I don't think you might be allowed to work because you don't have an enrolment letter and you get an enrolment letter when your session starts you can start some remote gig though. I will have been in Canada since but the work aspect and the monthly rental fee are not smiling. minimum of $600CAD monthly for rent alone ain't a joke. And what if the immigration officer or CBSA officer asked you why you are coming early when your session starts 4month after your arrival in Canada, this might lead to you showing proof of funds and other questions.

My advice is if you can relax till march or mid-February, moreover it's cold in our home country (Canada). Wishing you all the best.

Funmilayoo:
Hi everyone

Anyone here going to Conestoga College, Brantford Campus, I'm looking for accommodation, a shared apartment preferably.I will be coming in December but my school starts in May 2023.

I also want to know if anyone that has traveled 4months before school starts was able to work?

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ANGELAFELIX: 11:14pm On Nov 14, 2022
Good evening everyone
Has anyone who submitted their passport last month gotten it back?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bullstriker: 11:18pm On Nov 14, 2022
First, go to VAC in person and explain the situation. Then, suppose they don’t have an explanation. In that case, I recommend you go to the IRCC office at 4 Anifowoshe Street, Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria, with a copy of your passport request, medical report, and email stating that IRCC has received your passport. Although IRCC does not issue counterfoils in Lagos, the staff can reach out to their colleagues in Abuja.

If you are in Abuja, proceed to 13010G, Diplomatic Dr, Central Business District, Abuja, Nigeria.

All the best
Simti:
Good evening all,

I applied for a student visa on the 16th of March, 2022. I did an upfront medicals on the 2nd of February 2022 before I applied. I also submitted a dependant visitor visa for my two years old alongside my application.

Fast forward to 12th of September, 2022, I got a medical request which I immediately booked for. 13th of September, being the next day, I got PPR so I thought probably my upfront medicals have been seen so I did not go for the scheduled medicals.

I just submitted my passport to the VFS Lagos office on the 15th of september because I just assumed everything has been settled with the medicals hence the passport request. I got an email that my passport was with IRCC on the 20th of September, 2022.
Comrades!! As at today, I have not gotten back my passport from IRCC and I have sent series of webform to this effect. My portal has not changed since I submitted and medicals not yet updated.

What do you think is the issue guys? Could it be the medicals causing the delay? I have sent webforms and emails with the upfront medicals i did. I dont understand anymore.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Lolaflair(m): 11:19pm On Nov 14, 2022
Applying for arrivecan now and i was requested to add a Canadian number when I'm still in nigeria and don't have one. How do i go about this bosses, your response is highly appreciated.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bullstriker: 11:21pm On Nov 14, 2022
As of October 1, Arrivecan is no longer required
Lolaflair:
Applying for arrivecan now and i was requested to add a Canadian number when I'm still in nigeria and don't have one. How do i go about this bosses, your response is highly appreciated.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Lolaflair(m): 11:27pm On Nov 14, 2022
bullstriker:
As of October 1, Arrivecan is no longer required

So no need of me registering for that again i guess thanks alot.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by hdior(f): 11:28pm On Nov 14, 2022
Hi Simti,

I suggest you visit VFS office personally to follow-up. When I submitted, mine was ready for collection by the next day.
Also was that of your child approved because that is the issue I am having currently. Mine was approved while my child's own is still pending.

Oh and mine was approved without medicals but I did upfront afterwards to avoid issues when in Canada.

Best of luck !

Simti:
Good evening all,

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Panasonic101: 11:45pm On Nov 14, 2022
With 12m Cash gift deed from my Mother, do I still need to show her statement of account?
The 12m will be transferred to my account for 1year program…

My tuition + 10k Cad + 3k cad is about $31k

Ready to add her identification card, land documents, and family pictures as home ties

Pls help… should I go ahead?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Betterlife30: 12:42am On Nov 15, 2022
Am08020407288b:
Good evening my nl people I just need your help on this clarification
I order my CSBA note rather than GCMS note
But on the consent form of CSBA is this how it look like an the flag is black instead of red

Please, how did you order the CBSA note? I need a link to order it directly from CBSA and not third party site. If you have the link, please kindly drop it for me.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Betterlife30: 12:44am On Nov 15, 2022
Please, who knows how I can order CBSA note directly from CBSA and not through a third party site? Please, I need the link. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nobody: 12:46am On Nov 15, 2022
olokings:
Use the Lemonade App.
as long as you have the beneficiary's interac email you are good to go.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by femo86(m): 1:31am On Nov 15, 2022
Panasonic101:
With 12m Cash gift deed from my Mother, do I still need to show her statement of account?

Ready to add her identification card, land documents, and family pictures as home ties

Go ahead

Best of luck

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by AOlalere: 1:42am On Nov 15, 2022
Funmilayoo:
Hi everyone

Anyone here going to Conestoga College, Brantford Campus, I'm looking for accommodation, a shared apartment preferably.I will be coming in December but my school starts in May 2023.

I also want to know if anyone that has traveled 4months before school starts was able to work?
Thank you.

Hi Funmi, please do you know the documents required to show at the airport? Can anyone in the house please help answer this question? Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by robertito7(m): 2:43am On Nov 15, 2022
Please has anyone been successful in using Form A tradesystem to pay their fees recently?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Silas12345: 4:26am On Nov 15, 2022
HazeeyzaH:

My application date is August 6th,Eligibility hasnt even started on my application, second time applicant..i am fedup and tired
Bro calm because IRCC will teach you patience a big one I mean, I am a second time Applicant too and my application is 18 months now since June last year eligibility review and nothing else just vibes and Insha allah since then

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by hugapex: 4:47am On Nov 15, 2022
cyif2003:
Good day all. I hope I don’t use this my questions to draw d house back. I will b glad if someone can point me to d page where I can read about my question.
Pls my wife wants to apply for Mpower loans for a 2 years masters in Canada in public health and we wud like to go with her family dats me and our daughter. D loan fee will cover tuition for living expenses…… how visible is it dat we are granted visa for all of us Kus our home tie our pharmacy business which we plan to use…

Your question is not drawing anyone back. Please keep asking all the questions you need to. People who have a bit idea will keep answering.

It is very feasible.

It is doable. Mpower Loan is a recognized proof of financial means by the IRCC but pls do not solely rely on Mpower.
You can go the extra mile by paying a tuition deposit if possible. (The idea is to try to prove you need only the Mpower loan for everything while letting the officers know you still have your own money to be very sure you won't have any financial difficulty)
Using ONLY Mpower makes it look like you have no money and it's risky for them.
Using only your funds (If not extra-sufficient) makes it look like "It's not a reasonable expense" meaning (Why should you spend all your 20m on education and nothing left)
Using only Mpower as POF is by mere chance/ extra Grace.

Your family can go altogether if you craft your SOP well. (and of course by God's Grace)
Tips to consider are stating that your wife and kids need emotional and physical support during their studies.
You need to help them settle during the transition period and ascertain their living condition. (I heard someone who said his kids will be changing schools and he needs to give them the push just as he did in their early school days in his home country.)

If you are applying for Visit Visa for yourself, you may include that you will be coming back to your pharmacy business. (That's enough home ties) You've had it for xxxx years and you can't fully entrust it in other hands for too long a period of time so you will be back yyyyyy date to continue.... while you are away, you have put in measures for accountability and continuity of your business.
Your business generates TTTTT average amount monthly in pure profit and (A percent) will be used to service your wife's living expenses.

You could add that your wife is an executive in your company, and you have committed to pay her a certain sum monthly even while on the study. It will strengthen POF.

A plus if you have CAC for your business, Tax documents, and Landed properties to strengthen your home ties.

Consider adding pictures together with your aged parents and parents-in-law for home ties.

For your wife, any association, church, mosque, or NGO she belongs to. (Secretary of Lagos Pharmacist... Chairman of LCDA... e.t.c) A letter-headed doc stating that your wife will be away for studies and her duties will be delegated to another member pending her return.

All the best of God in your application!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Leadforteservic: 5:44am On Nov 15, 2022
18 months!!! shocked or 8months? Maybe it's a typo error
That's way too long! Have u bombarded them with mails and webforms?
Have u ordered GMC note?
Silas12345:
Bro calm because IRCC will teach you patience a big one I mean, I am a second time Applicant too and my application is 18 months now since June last year eligibility review and nothing else just vibes and Insha allah since then
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Cuppycak3: 5:48am On Nov 15, 2022
apeja2017:

Say for yourself.
That's what I was debited for first bank. Last week Thursday.
No dey comment on my post like a champion.
As you come post this now what's the difference?
Please when did you apply for the form A that you were debited last week?….I applied since beginning of September and yet to be debited by eco bank am getting frustrated as the school sent me an email that my admission have been revoked I sent an email and was given 1wk to pay. I don’t know if I should ditch the form a and use black market…all my wait has been in vain!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Leadforteservic: 6:05am On Nov 15, 2022
How much is the money?is it a mandatory deposit to secure admission only?
Cuppycak3:

Please when did you apply for the form A that you were debited last week?….I applied since beginning of September and yet to be debited by eco bank am getting frustrated as the school sent me an email that my admission have been revoked I sent an email and was given 1wk to pay. I don’t know if I should ditch the form a and use black market…all my wait has been in vain!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Princeofabia: 6:17am On Nov 15, 2022
Etukokwu1234:
Please I need help with a good agent that can handle difficult application...I was denied and I want to reapply?? Or anyone with Frank*** contact?
So sorry about your refusal....It will definitely end in praise.....what was the reason for your refusal?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Predator188: 6:17am On Nov 15, 2022
Kenny4real68:
Please house , between DEED OF ASSIGNMENT and IRREVOCABLE POWER OF ATTORNEY which one shows stronger proof of ownership of landed properties?
I have limited space so I have to upload one.

Thanks
deed of assignment is proof of ownership
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pace6: 7:01am On Nov 15, 2022
Panasonic101:

No, you do not need to show her statement of account... And, yes you can go ahead, just do affidavit of support and notarize deed of gift letter. You should be good to go, but if you think you want to show her statement, no issues. Also ensure you pay your tuition fee.

It will end in praise.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by hammed71(m): 7:05am On Nov 15, 2022
Good morning guys, my biometric appointment is tomorrow at lekki, please what other documents did you take along apart from your passport and biometric appointment letter.
Thank you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Victordavies10: 7:06am On Nov 15, 2022
Etukokwu1234:
Please I need help with a good agent that can handle difficult application...I was denied and I want to reapply?? Or anyone with Frank*** contact?

You can contact me : victordavies2018@gmail.com
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Belxsz: 7:32am On Nov 15, 2022
Hi, I deferred my admission to May as well but I'll be coming in December. I've been worried if that won't be an issue. Have you been able to get any answers regarding this?
Funmilayoo:
Hi everyone

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by HazeeyzaH(f): 7:39am On Nov 15, 2022
Leadforteservic:
I have heard of people getting ppr without ever getting eligibility starting on their page.

Yeah.. thats true
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 7:40am On Nov 15, 2022
I'm shaking and in tears typing this.
It's PPR fam
Will be back with my timeline and documents.

37 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by HazeeyzaH(f): 7:41am On Nov 15, 2022
Silas12345:
18 months keh.. dats a year and half... Oga ooo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Esanson: 7:46am On Nov 15, 2022
johnstan:
I'm shaking and in tears typing this.
It's PPR fam
Will be back with my timeline and documents.
congratulations Canada favour you pls when did you apply.

(1) (2) (3) ... (493) (494) (495) (496) (497) (498) (499) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.