Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,204 members, 7,822,054 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:48 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (498) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1228212 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (495) (496) (497) (498) (499) (500) (501) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Thomsyne(m): 11:51am On Nov 15, 2022
Onirufus:
Good morning everyone, I just got admitted into Holland collège for fall 2023 intake. Please I need help/assistance on how I’ll go about my study permit application. Thank you

Congrats!
Most of what you'd need is on page 1
https://www.nairaland.com/7255452/canadian-student-visa-thread-part

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Teeebabyyy: 12:06pm On Nov 15, 2022
Big congratulations!
johnstan:
I'm shaking and in tears typing this.
It's PPR fam
Will be back with my timeline and documents.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Edidiong2013: 12:11pm On Nov 15, 2022
Please help me gurus what is the best canada school to apply for Diploma in Business or Human resources with low tuition with easy admission. I have Bsc Accounting and 5 credits in my o levels and i also have 7yrs work experience as HR.
I have applied to Bow valley college Alberta for Sept 2023 but the program is almost full. Applicants are put on waitlist. Please should i apply again for January 2024 or please can anyone recommend another school? I wish to travel with my spouse and kid.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 12:15pm On Nov 15, 2022
My timeline - First time self applicant - New portal.

*Upfront medicals - 22nd June
*Application - 5th July
*Biometrics letter came 8th July
*Biometrics appointment - 14th July
*Medicals updated - 19th July
[/b]Medicals update change from "we are yet to receive your request" to *we did not receive your request". I panicked and sent my e-medical sheet like 5 times via webform and email before it was updated.[b]
*Biometrics updated - 22nd August.
[/b]Then the long wait[b]
*Eligibility started - Oct 26th after over 13 weeks I applied.
*Bvl dropped - 14th Nov
*PPR - 15th Nov.

My documents:
*My SOP - 3 pages
*School's LOA
*Letter of introduction from my office
*Job appointment letter
*Office ID
*4 months pay slip
*Birth certificate, NIMC slip and passport
*POF - N1.5m
*Pension certificate
*Waec certificate
*Nysc certificate
*High school certificate
*University certificate
*WES evaluation report
*Police clearance certificate.

Sponsors documents (mum and bro)
*Their passports
*Their work appointment letters
*Their work IDs
*Their affidavits and ordinary signed letters of sponsorship
*POF (N10m and N5m)
*Irrevocable power of attorney for the only landed property we have
*Birthday certificate of all my siblings
*Several family pictures.

This application was just God. My first post on thread 21 is attached to show you how nervous and scared I was.
I made up my mind and started the journey in May 2022, got admission 3 weeks into the month and came to Nairaland for visa application advice. I went through several threads before arriving at thread 21 and I was immediately discouraged with the documents I saw people packaging. People had landed properties, business/personal/sponsors accounts with tens/hundreds of millions as turnover and balance, gift deeds here and there, affidavits of different kinds, scholarships etc, so I spent the entire June gathering the documents I could.
I had over 30 supporting documents so shrinking it to 2mb was no child's play. I eventually did and uploaded without checking it. I checked afterwards and realized that [/b]half of documents were blurry and unreadable[b], I almost died lol. I just left everything. I'm not a spiricoco person but I don't doubt the God factor so I prayed the little I could every morning till PPR dropped.
My take away:
Your documents and packaging are important but at the end it's God so don't get carried away with self confidence and don't be discouraged as well, put in your best and leave the rest to God.
I had up to 15 SOP drafts till I couldn't draft any more and used the last one to apply so don't underestimate the power of your SOP and do a good job with it.
My POF didn't cover my total duration so I ensured that I explained that subsequent years would not be a problem while quoting their minimum requirement on IRCC website.

How do I submit my passport, please help.

27 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ANGELAFELIX: 12:18pm On Nov 15, 2022
Cheebu:

What date did you submit last month? I know a few people who submitted last month that have collected theirs.

25th October

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ANGELAFELIX: 12:22pm On Nov 15, 2022
So vfs said my passport is ready for collection but I sent it through dhl and I paid for two way
It’s been three days since then and I’ve not heard from dhl
What should I do?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Yemlizzy(f): 12:23pm On Nov 15, 2022
MzMisty:
Hi Guys,

Any September applicant in the house. I applied September 9 and eligibility is yet to start.
I applied September 21st and mine is yet to start too. However eligibility can begin back end without our knowledge and we won’t get an update. So many people have gotten PPR without their eligibility commencing. Let’s stay positive.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 12:29pm On Nov 15, 2022
ANGELAFELIX:
So vfs said my passport is ready for collection but I sent it through dhl and I paid for two way
It’s been three days since then and I’ve not heard from dhl
What should I do?

Was there a tracking number or something you cam use to contact DHL for feedback?
Pls how did you send your passport.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by chi1995: 12:29pm On Nov 15, 2022
Yemlizzy:

I applied September 21st and mine is yet to start too. However eligibility can begin back end without our knowledge and we won’t get an update. So many people have gotten PPR without their eligibility commencing. Let’s stay positive.

I applied September 23rd and there has been no update regarding my eligibility as well.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ANGELAFELIX: 12:30pm On Nov 15, 2022
johnstan:

Was there a tracking number or something you cam use to contact DHL for feedback?
Pls how did you send your passport.

I went to dhl office at isolo and sent it to vfs lekki
Yes they gave me a tracking number and i just tracked it.
Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by angie88: 12:41pm On Nov 15, 2022
Ur best bet should be UK
cyif2003:
my wife can’t even go alone leaving her 6months baby. She can’t. Besides d idea of going together is so dat I can work to start offsetting d loan

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by angie88: 12:51pm On Nov 15, 2022
If u hv a high 2.1 in ur bsc,u r good to go.
emmyoddy:

Please is there no option of masters for me in any related course because I will like to apply for PR later when I'm through with the program and PGD has just a year work permit.
I really appreciate your response sir.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nobody: 12:52pm On Nov 15, 2022
Betterlife30:

Please, how did you order the CBSA note? I need a link to order it directly from CBSA and not third party site. If you have the link, please kindly drop it for me.

Use this site to order - https://gcmsnotes.com

I ordered CBSA note from this site 14th of October and got my CBSA note today, 15th November. That's one month

But when I ordered GCMS note from another site, it took more than 4 months before I got it.

Hope this helps

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by pufframmy: 12:56pm On Nov 15, 2022
Wow congrats once more did you pay any of Your tuition fees or u didn't pay at all
And can u also Help With sop reviewing

Thanks
johnstan:

*Application - 5th July
[/b]Medicals update change from "we are yet to receive your request" to *we did not receive your request". I panicked and sent my e-medical sheet like 5 times via webform and email before it was updated.[b]
*Bvl dropped - 14th Nov
*PPR - 15th Nov.

My documents:
*School's LOA
*Job appointment letter
*Office ID
*4 months pay slip
*POF - N1.5m
*Pension certificate
*Waec certificate
*Nysc certificate
*High school certificate
*University certificate
*WES evaluation report

*Their passports
*Their work IDs
*POF (N10m and N5m)

This application was just God. My first post on thread 21 is attached to show you how nervous and scared I was.
I made up my mind and started the journey in May 2022, got admission 3 weeks into the month and came to Nairaland for visa application advice. I went through several threads before arriving at thread 21 and I was immediately discouraged with the documents I saw people packaging. People had landed properties, business/personal/sponsors accounts with tens/hundreds of millions as turnover and balance, gift deeds here and there, affidavits of different kinds, scholarships etc, so I spent the entire June gathering the documents I could.
I had over 30 supporting documents so shrinking it to 2mb was no child's play. I eventually did and uploaded without checking it. I checked afterwards and realized that [/b]half of documents were blurry and unreadable[b], I almost died lol. I just left everything. I'm not a spiricoco person but I don't doubt the God factor so I prayed the little I could every morning till PPR dropped.
My take away:
Your documents and packaging are important but at the end it's God so don't get carried away with self confidence and don't be discouraged as well, put in your best and leave the rest to God.
I had up to 15 SOP drafts till I couldn't draft any more and used the last one to apply so don't underestimate the power of your SOP and do a good job with it.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Jaykeh: 12:58pm On Nov 15, 2022
johnstan:

*Application - 5th July
*Bvl dropped - 14th Nov
*PPR - 15th Nov.

My documents:
*School's LOA
*Job appointment letter
*Office ID
*4 months pay slip
*POF - N1.5m
*Pension certificate
*Waec certificate
*Nysc certificate
*High school certificate
*University certificate
*WES evaluation report

*Their passports
*Their work IDs
*POF (N10m and N5m)

My take away:

Wow congrats once again.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 1:01pm On Nov 15, 2022
pufframmy:
Wow congrats once more did you pay any of Your tuition fees or u didn't pay at all
And can u also Help With sop reviewing

Thanks

I omitted that part. I paid first semester fees.

I'm not sure about reviewing SOP cos I'm not a guru here, I simply wrote what I felt would present me in a good light. You can consult the gurus here to help or you can ask specific questions about any part of your SOP and I'll give you my opinion.

Good luck.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by pufframmy: 1:03pm On Nov 15, 2022
Thanks for the swift response
johnstan:

I omitted that part. I paid first semester fees.

I'm not sure about reviewing SOP cos I'm not a guru here, I simply wrote what I felt would present me in a good light. You can consult the gurus here to help or you can ask specific questions about any part of your SOP and I'll give you my opinion.

Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nobody: 1:04pm On Nov 15, 2022
Cuppycak3:

Please when did you apply for the form A that you were debited last week?….I applied since beginning of September and yet to be debited by eco bank am getting frustrated as the school sent me an email that my admission have been revoked I sent an email and was given 1wk to pay. I don’t know if I should ditch the form a and use black market…all my wait has been in vain!

If you can afford black market rate please go ahead. Remember you have been given 1 week to pay

All the best

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nobody: 1:10pm On Nov 15, 2022
hammed71:
Good morning guys, my biometric appointment is tomorrow at lekki, please what other documents did you take along apart from your passport and biometric appointment letter.
Thank you

You should take along with you the following documents for biometrics

1. Original of your international passport

2. Biometrics instructions letter

3. Biometrics appointment letter

4. Two copies of your international passport bio data pages

Hope this helps

Take care.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nobody: 1:14pm On Nov 15, 2022
johnstan:
It's PPR fam

God be praised

Wow!!!

I rejoice with you.

Mine is next in Jesus name

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Oldfashioned145: 1:17pm On Nov 15, 2022
Congratulations.

johnstan:
It's PPR fam

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 1:20pm On Nov 15, 2022
7COLOURS:

God be praised

Wow!!!

I rejoice with you.

Mine is next in Jesus name

Thanks @7colours. I recall our conversation when my application was still fresh.

Yours in next ijn amen.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 1:20pm On Nov 15, 2022
Oldfashioned145:
Congratulations.

Thank you @oldfashioned145
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nobody: 1:23pm On Nov 15, 2022
Ladyj143:

PLEASE SOMEONE SHOULD HELP ME OUT, GURUS KINDLY RESPOND TO ME BIKO, MY BP IS BEGINNING TO SHOOT

Your application has passed the processing time. Send your new LOA and medical sheet via webform and mail to Nairobi

Will advise you to calm down since you have deferred your school resumption date to September 2023.

It will end in praise

Cheers

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nobody: 1:27pm On Nov 15, 2022
Ladyj143:

AMEN
despite the fact that I defer to September, can I still order for my GCMS notes? I really appreciate your response. Thank you

YES, you can still order for GCMS but I will rather suggest CBSA note.

Ordering for your notes is a good idea from LadyJ

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by hammed71(m): 1:40pm On Nov 15, 2022
Guys please how can I get to lekki VAC from oshodi
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Edidiong2013: 1:44pm On Nov 15, 2022
Edidiong2013:
Please help me gurus what is the best canada school to apply for Diploma in Business or Human resources with low tuition with easy admission. I have Bsc Accounting and 5 credits in my o levels and i also have 7yrs work experience as HR.
I have applied to Bow valley college Alberta for Sept 2023 but the program is almost full. Applicants are put on waitlist. Please should i apply again for January 2024 or please can anyone recommend another school? I wish to travel with my spouse and kid.

Please help me gurus. I will appreciate any suggestion
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nobody: 1:46pm On Nov 15, 2022
Congrats johnstan. How did you show to ur living expenses?? GIc?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Babysoldier(m): 1:48pm On Nov 15, 2022
chi1995:

I applied September 23rd and there has been no update regarding my eligibility as well.
have u received medical request?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Babysoldier(m): 1:54pm On Nov 15, 2022
johnstan:

Thank you @jaykeh. Yea first time applicant.
do u have travel history?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Chechem: 1:54pm On Nov 15, 2022
johnstan:

*Application - 5th July
*Bvl dropped - 14th Nov
*PPR - 15th Nov.

My documents:
*School's LOA
*Job appointment letter
*Office ID
*4 months pay slip
*POF - N1.5m
*Pension certificate
*Waec certificate
*Nysc certificate
*High school certificate
*University certificate
*WES evaluation report

*Their passports
*Their work IDs
*POF (N10m and N5m)

My take away:

Congrats brother, I tap from your grace. Please the power of attorney, is it the whole pages you uploaded or just the front page?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (495) (496) (497) (498) (499) (500) (501) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.