Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,995 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:21 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (541) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1215027 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (538) (539) (540) (541) (542) (543) (544) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by TRUTHaDDICTED(m): 3:55pm On Nov 24, 2022
Isyma:
Gooday to you all.
I so much appreciate all the supports I got here
My PPR dropped yesterday.
I wish everyone success.
July 16th application.
Wow! Congrats bro, you can as well guide people like me who are yet to begin the process with your process gateway and approach.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by joefit4gur(m): 4:02pm On Nov 24, 2022
Ishola2002:
Good afternoon Nairalander, pls am I only to submit my Sponsor's bank statement as far as he has all the required funds to sponsor me because I don't have up to 1million naira in my account but my brother who is my sponsor can show proof of more than 30million as he is a business man or I should also submit my bank account statement also?

Your sponsor also needs to transfer your living expenses (10K CAD) to your account to show his commitment, would also make sense to pay first semester tuition.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by joefit4gur(m): 4:08pm On Nov 24, 2022
ugolinze123:
Nobody wan help my life here...somebody should please help me with this..thanks

It's best to get the MBS to the embassy, you will be given a one-page PDF by your bank to upload when submitting your application. You can also upload it directly, however, you should note the upload limit on the portal.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bullstriker: 4:29pm On Nov 24, 2022
I can only see your email after I receive a reply from you.
Just copy and paste the following info on Google:
BSF745 - Authority to Release Personal Information to a Designated Representative
TRUTHaDDICTED:
I have forwarded a notification message to you but I no longer have access to the email account but just remove that 102 in the email account and put 2021 the same name and everything else are the same, and I'll get your message thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Thomsyne(m): 4:33pm On Nov 24, 2022
sos123:

I still dey ooh!! Una don forget me cry

Ah no vex oooo. God will remember you my paddy.

Hope you’ve been harassing them with mails and webforms? Also pls get an MP to assist you.

As a side note to anyone reading this. My CBSA notes came a couple days ago and I realized that a particular webform I submitted got to them and reflected in my notes - it was addressed to RROC.

I also noticed that the Primary Office changed from Nairobi to RROC in the notes that came after my approval so I would implore those that have been waiting for a while to focus on webforms.

The old one, new one and there’s a variant of the old one that isn’t addressed to any office. The webforms I sent were to Lagos, Nairobi, Beijing, London and that ordinary one that isn’t addressed to any office.

Wish everyone the best.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by chi1995: 4:42pm On Nov 24, 2022
Joedave25:
@Creativebelle,

If you are flying Ethiopian Airlines, you only need to present your Student Visa and enrollment letter (if available/ready )

I hope this helps

What about Qatar? Do you know what we are to present.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by sos123: 5:48pm On Nov 24, 2022
Thank you bro! please can you send the mails.

Thomsyne:

Hope you’ve been harassing them with mails and webforms? Also pls get an MP to assist you.

As a side note to anyone reading this. My CBSA notes came a couple days ago and I realized that a particular webform I submitted got to them and reflected in my notes - it was addressed to RROC.

I also noticed that the Primary Office changed from Nairobi to RROC in the notes that came after my approval so I would implore those that have been waiting for a while to focus on webforms.

The old one, new one and there’s a variant of the old one that isn’t addressed to any office. The webforms I sent were to Lagos, Nairobi, Beijing, London and that ordinary one that isn’t addressed to any office.

Wish everyone the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Thomsyne(m): 5:58pm On Nov 24, 2022
sos123:
Thank you bro! please can you send the mails.

Abuja@international.gc.ca,
lagos.immigration@international.gc.ca,
beijing-immigration@international.gc.ca,
accraimmigration@international.gc.ca,
shanghai-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca,
ganzu-immigration@international.gc.ca,
london-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca,
ldnimmigration@international.gc.ca,
nrobi-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca
ABUJA-IM-Enquiry@international.gc.ca
nrobi-immigration@international.gc.ca
nairobi@international.gc.ca

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by quinstershaw: 6:08pm On Nov 24, 2022
Good day everyone, congratulations to those who got ppr and for those expecting, yours is on the way
Please who applied to Concordia University or McGill?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Dolaqueen: 6:26pm On Nov 24, 2022
Good evening, please who has link for fast international passport renewal, I want to renew my international passport
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Moyosore019: 6:30pm On Nov 24, 2022
Good evening everyone, how long does IOM take to upload results/report?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ocool: 6:48pm On Nov 24, 2022
Timeline

Upfront medical = 19 July 2022

Application submitted = 04 August 2022

Biometric = 04 August 2022 and updated same day immidietly

Program deferred = 13 September 2022

IRCC notified of program deferred and complained about medical not updated = 14 September 2022

Request from IRCC to send e-medical form = 14 September 2022

Medical passed = 14 September 2022 (This shows they can process an application within a day but just doing what suits them).

Since then, nothing again after several emails and webforms sending.

But these people are very callous Sha.

Anyway, I've started working on the UK against January 2022 to University of Wolverhampton and I applied without paying a dime. I can't let a time waster come and joke with my japa ambition.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Profgordons(m): 7:49pm On Nov 24, 2022
jhuly:
Hello guys!
Please I did an upfront medicals on 28th July and submitted with my application. I got a medical request from Ircc 2days ago, I uploaded my upfront E-sheet via webform that same day I got the request and I received a receipt confirmation email from them.
A fellow applicant told me today,that her agent said it's better to redo the medicals because sendin the previous upfront sheet via webform will take 28days to get updated and might not even get updated.
Please how true is this?

You don’t need another medical, if you used IOM you can’t even book another, the medical slip you sent is enough, just ensure you send it to Nairobi and Lagos, they will update it after a few days. Happened to my spouse and myself too. No need to panic
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Profgordons(m): 7:50pm On Nov 24, 2022
Moyosore019:
Good evening everyone, how long does IOM take to upload results/report?
next day, max one week.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by apeja2017: 7:59pm On Nov 24, 2022
Olarolarayy:
I’m a 34 year old married lady can my father still be my sole sponsor

Yes

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Lagoseko(m): 8:59pm On Nov 24, 2022
Guys
Well done
I am new here and about to start processing school for my wife.
I have applied and waiting for admission letter.

Please what is the meaning of some words that have been reading here like
PPR
IRCC
Webform
IOM
Nairobi Office
Thank you
UPFRONT MEDICAL
MP
CBSA
MBA

Secondly, is it better for the POF to be in the student's or sponsor's account ?

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by adepeju1911: 9:23pm On Nov 24, 2022
Hello House,

Please can someone help with list of what I can travel with.

I've checked previous thread but its not easy to find.

I heard MILK is not allowed.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Aduragbemioluwa: 9:25pm On Nov 24, 2022
Hello thomsyne, please I need your assistance on how to order the notes. Which one is faster gcms or cbsa. Also please can you explain to me how you ordered your notes. My application was refused since Sept and I have been confused on how to order my notes. I have a question and this question is directed to you and other members in this forum
Please is it possible for me to get all the documents including SOP that I used to apply for my study visa. I used an agent in my first application and he did not do a good work on file. So I told him that I am not going to reapply again that I want my tuition deposit. Meanwhile I don't want to work with him again so I requested for all the documents he used to apply for my visa which he gave me, but I just have the suspicion that the Sop he sent to me is not the actual Sop he used to apply for my visa. To clear my doubts that is why I asked this question.
Please forgive me for my lengthy write up, To everyone expecting PR God answer your prayers. You shall have testimonies.
Thomsyne:

Wish everyone the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Lagoseko(m): 9:32pm On Nov 24, 2022
Aduragbemioluwa:
Hello thomsyne, please I need your assistance on how to order the notes. Which one is faster gcms or cbsa. Also please can you explain to me how you ordered your notes. My application was refused since Sept and I have been confused on how to order my notes. I have a question and this question is directed to you and other members in this forum
Please is it possible for me to get all the documents including SOP that I used to apply for my study visa. I used an agent in my first application and he did not do a good work on file. So I told him that I am not going to reapply again that I want my tuition deposit. Meanwhile I don't want to work with him again so I requested for all the documents he used to apply for my visa which he gave me, but I just have the suspicion that the Sop he sent to me is not the actual Sop he used to apply for my visa. To clear my doubts that is why I asked this question.
Please forgive me for my lengthy write up, To everyone expecting PR God answer your prayers. You shall have testimonies.

What is SOP, file, GCMS and CBSA?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Aduragbemioluwa: 9:33pm On Nov 24, 2022
I guess you are a new here, I will advise you to read through this thread and also use google for a detailed explanation for these keywords. But let me try
PPR passport request letter
IRCC immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada
MP member of parliament
Nairobi office is the location of one of the canada visa processing office in Kenya
Upfront medical is a medical examination done before a visa applicant receives a request to do medicals by IRCC. The major reasons why some applicants do this is to speed up the processing time however it does not guarantee visa
IOM is one of the medical examination center in Nigeria. They are 2 in Nigeria
Lagoseko:
Guys
Well done

PPR
IRCC
Webform
IOM
Nairobi Office
Thank you
UPFRONT MEDICAL
MP
CBSA
MBA

Secondly, is it better for the POF to be in the student's or sponsor's account ?

Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Thomsyne(m): 9:34pm On Nov 24, 2022
Lagoseko:
Guys
Well done

PPR
IRCC
Webform
IOM
Nairobi Office
Thank you
UPFRONT MEDICAL
MP
CBSA
MBA

Thank you

Wish you all the best.

PPR - Passport Request: Once your application is approved, the visa office sends you a letter requesting for your passport so they can affix a counterfoil on it.

IRCC - Immigration, Refugees and Citizens Canada: Its like Nigerian Immigration but that of Canada

Webform - This is a form available for you to fill and submit to IRCC based on your request. It could be maybe you have an update to your application you want to send to them, or you want to ask for application status, etc. Think of it like contact form.

IOM - International Organization for Migration: Medical Institute in Lagos and Abuja where you do your medical screening for purpose of immigration. There's also QLife

Nairobi Office - This is IRCC's office based in Nairobi, they are mostly responsible for processing Nigerian Study Visa applications

Upfront Medical - Typically, after you submit your application to IRCC, after some time, they send a request for you to go for medical screening. At this point, finding a close date might not be possible. In addition, it could take some time for your results to get to IRCC and for your application to get finalized. So imagine this extra wait after waiting for months to get an update on your application. Now, upfront medical is pretty much going to do your medical screening even before IRCC requests for it in order to save time.

MP - Member of Parliament: Think of them like House of Rep member in Nigeria. So in cases where an application is taking too long, people contact the MPs within the area of their school to help them get feedback from IRCC. The details might not be lengthy but it more often than not has information that isn't on your application portal. Some postulate that it triggers an action on your file - especially if it's past the standard processing time and I think I agree.

CBSA - Canada Border Services Agency: Pretty much border control but the reason you'll see this here very often is because.... I'll get to that. You can order something called GSMS notes from IRCC. These notes contain detailed information about your application and people use this to travk the progress on their application. Now you can order your notes from CBSA and this typically arrives in 30 days standard. It contains pretty much the same thing you'll get from IRCC. The GCMS notes ordered from IRCC takes like 30-300 days now. Even that 30 days no sure.

MBA - Masters of Business Administration

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Thomsyne(m): 9:37pm On Nov 24, 2022
Aduragbemioluwa:

Hiii,

So sorry about your refusal. You can get your full notes from https://gcmsnotes.com/ or https://getgcms.com/en/order-now if you have dollar card. However, ask Anon123, Justmellow or GCMSwriters if they can also order full file. I know they do GCMS and CBSA. You can pay them in Naira.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Cheezy2306: 9:37pm On Nov 24, 2022
Please i need help if an application status is showing evaluation completed what does it mean
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Thomsyne(m): 9:39pm On Nov 24, 2022
Thomsyne:

Wish you all the best.

PPR - Passport Request: Once your application is approved, the visa office sends you a letter requesting for your passport so they can affix a counterfoil on it.

IRCC - Immigration, Refugees and Citizens Canada: Its like Nigerian Immigration but that of Canada

Webform - This is a form available for you to fill and submit to IRCC based on your request. It could be maybe you have an update to your application you want to send to them, or you want to ask for application status, etc. Think of it like contact form.

IOM - International Organization for Migration: Medical Institute in Lagos and Abuja where you do your medical screening for purpose of immigration. There's also QLife

Nairobi Office - This is IRCC's office based in Nairobi, they are mostly responsible for processing Nigerian Study Visa applications

Upfront Medical - Typically, after you submit your application to IRCC, after some time, they send a request for you to go for medical screening. At this point, finding a close date might not be possible. In addition, it could take some time for your results to get to IRCC and for your application to get finalized. So imagine this extra wait after waiting for months to get an update on your application. Now, upfront medical is pretty much going to do your medical screening even before IRCC requests for it in order to save time.

MP - Member of Parliament: Think of them like House of Rep member in Nigeria. So in cases where an application is taking too long, people contact the MPs within the area of their school to help them get feedback from IRCC. The details might not be lengthy but it more often than not has information that isn't on your application portal. Some postulate that it triggers an action on your file - especially if it's past the standard processing time and I think I agree.

CBSA - Canada Border Services Agency: Pretty much border control but the reason you'll see this here very often is because.... I'll get to that. You can order something called GSMS notes from IRCC. These notes contain detailed information about your application and people use this to travk the progress on their application. Now you can order your notes from CBSA and this typically arrives in 30 days standard. It contains pretty much the same thing you'll get from IRCC. The GCMS notes ordered from IRCC takes like 30-300 days now. Even that 30 days no sure.

MBA - Masters of Business Administration

cc Lagoseko GCMS and CBSA explain above. SOP is statement of purpose. Basically a letter you write to the embassy stating your reason for applying for a study permit.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by jaydave: 9:54pm On Nov 24, 2022
Doesn’t work like that for all cases sha .. someone here submitted Oct 6 and got ppr nov 14 .. it was even family of 3 and first time applicant ..many sept applicants hv also gotten decision too .. it depends on how ur application is fast to be verified and d grace of God
chigozieevans:

If July applicants are celebrating in November,
We that are October applicants, na God hand we dey o!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Omosikiru1992: 9:56pm On Nov 24, 2022
Hi Guy.
Please I would like to know if it's compulsory to have an enrollment letter from my University before I can be allowed to enter Canada point of entry.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by chigozieevans: 10:07pm On Nov 24, 2022
Lagoseko:
Guys
Well done

PPR
IRCC
Webform
IOM
Nairobi Office
Thank you
UPFRONT MEDICAL
MP
CBSA
MBA

Thank you

First of all, you are very welcome to the family.

Secondly, those terms are abbreviations which represent full meaning to something. If you want to know there full meaning, try using Google.

Thirdly, from your statement, it seems you have POF options. If your sponsor may be willing to transfer the POF to your account, It would be better so you can stand as a self sponsor. But be very careful here with this option. For example you could consider your age and the time you graduated from school or the time difference between when you graduated from university and started working and saving. It is not logical to expect a 17 year old girl who just finished secondary school to have about #20M in her account and says she wants to sponsor herself. The question would be "how did she get the money" when she only graduated few months ago or how can you save up to #20M when you only have 2 years working experience?

So in such situations, it is best you have a sponsor probably your parent or sibling.

Canada always prefer it if you, your parent, partner or sibling could sponsor your studies because it is logical to say that you/they would not allow you to be stranded when you have enough money in your account or their account and as such, that will give them the impression that you would always put your studies first before any other thing which is the main reason why you traveled.

I hope you find this useful.
It will end in praise.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Aduragbemioluwa: 10:32pm On Nov 24, 2022
Thank you for your response I really appreciate it. I presume you order your notes from gcmsnotes. Please how much did you order for your CBSA and GCMS note. I mean the naira equivalent
Thomsyne:

Hiii,

So sorry about your refusal. You can get your full notes from https://gcmsnotes.com/ or https://getgcms.com/en/order-now if you have dollar card. However, ask Anon123, Justmellow or GCMSwriters if they can also order full file. I know they do GCMS and CBSA. You can pay them in Naira.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Frankielilbaby(f): 10:36pm On Nov 24, 2022
Hi guys,
I haven't been here for a while. The last time I posted I said I would share my timeline when my PPR drops well today it dropped. I am so excited guys. For all those waiting please don't give up. Hang in there.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Aduragbemioluwa: 10:44pm On Nov 24, 2022
Wow, since june congratulations to you. Me dat I applied june, dey av refused me since September
Frankielilbaby:
Hi guys,
I haven't been here for a while. The last time I posted I said I would share my timeline when my PPR drops well today it dropped. I am so excited guys. For all those waiting please don't give up. Hang in there.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Aduragbemioluwa: 10:46pm On Nov 24, 2022
I am so happy for you, thank God it ended in praise. The waiting time is not easy ohh
Frankielilbaby:
Hi guys,

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (538) (539) (540) (541) (542) (543) (544) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.