Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,779 members, 7,813,575 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:17 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (601) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1215715 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (598) (599) (600) (601) (602) (603) (604) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Thomsyne(m): 7:51am On Dec 07, 2022
Ojb555666:

Mine also

Oh nice. How long did your application take
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by RelaxingEnd: 7:52am On Dec 07, 2022
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Chiziteremary: 7:54am On Dec 07, 2022
Thanks a bunch. You guys here are wonderful

Thomsyne:

He did one way courier to Lagos.
If you wanna do to Abj, see attached. I’m guessing you did biometrics in Lagos so you’ll pay 9930 and 990.

However, this one people are saying DHL doesn’t do two-way anymore, I’m not sure what the other options are.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Gilb231: 7:55am On Dec 07, 2022
It’s been 41 days since I submitted my passport to IRCC. I don’t understand the reason for the delay. I’ve really lost a lot to this delay.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 7:56am On Dec 07, 2022
Chiziteremary:
Hello Johnstan, pls did u send your PP to Abuja, what fees did u pay pls. Biko i need the info ASAP.

I guess you have the right response already cheesy
Congratulations once again
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by MumiOlivia: 8:04am On Dec 07, 2022
Olanray01:
Hi guys, I'm in dire need of your assistance
My application which is almost going to two years now, I got a message first time since August 2021, letter of procedural fairness about my study permit stating I haven't paid the allotted 235 CAD for my study permit
The payment was made for me by a family friend earlier this year I still have the receipt with me right now
After going rounds and checking through multiple threads I've come to a conclusion that it was probably charge back
Please what is the next step if he claims there wasn't charge back
Is there any way I can verify that there was a charge back
I've been given 7 days to clear my name or I'll recieve a 5 year ban and I'm only left with 4
Please assist me

Please a knowledgeable person should assist this person.. 5years ban no be moimoi.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Chiziteremary: 8:07am On Dec 07, 2022
Guys pls what should i fill in this from/to -----------. i dont really understand what to fill there. Pls help

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ojb555666: 8:16am On Dec 07, 2022
Thomsyne:

Oh nice. How long did your application take
5months
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by mrsparjay(m): 9:18am On Dec 07, 2022
bubu44:
good morning everyone, please i need help desperately. im trying to pay my school fees. im using Zenith, i used CIBC to generate my invoice for centennial college and they give 72 hours for payment. I submitted my form A yesterday and the deadline for payment is today.
1. do i start a new one again ?
2. should o continue with this one ?

please please please help me

Please can I inbox you for some clearifications?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pace6: 9:25am On Dec 07, 2022
Conchita:
It ended in praise.
My application was approved on my second attempt.
First application
Submitted 25th April 2022
Denied 3rd June 2022
Used my maternal aunt as my sponsor.
Reason for refusal from my note:
the VO was not convinced that my maternal aunt is related to me as we do not bear the same surname, even after showing pictures of me and her from years back.
Personal assets and financial status.
second application
Submitted on 18th June 2022
Approved on 4th October 2022
I applied as self sponsored.
The documents I included are:
an investment certificate,
a lease agreement
my bank job,
my poultry farm pictures,
my wife’s registered business (makeup artist).
Gift Deed of land and cash from my Dad.
Am going to Okanagan college kelowna campus,British Columbia.
I will be leaving last week of December via Ethiopian airlines.

My special appreciation goes to God Almighty for making this possible.
To all those that helped directly or indirectly I say thank you all.
To those new on this thread, take your time to read through pass threads. Everything I know about Canadian study permit i learnt it here.
My prayers are with all those waiting for response from IRCC. it will end in praise.

Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Introvert56: 9:30am On Dec 07, 2022
Someone called me from DHL that my passport was returned from VFS with a letter because I did not pay my courier fee. I made the payment of about 18700 and sent it to his whatsapp. He packaged my file and sent it back to VFS for me on Monday then I got the confirmation mail yesterday.
Jaykeh:

How did you sort it out please?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Msticks: 9:36am On Dec 07, 2022
Guys abeg help me.
I have been locked out of my account. How can i unlock it? Please experts in the house, help me
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by DandyJ: 10:09am On Dec 07, 2022
MAY THIS WEEK FAVOUR EVERYBODY EXPECTING THEIR PPR.
MAY THE LAND OF CANADA FAVOUR YOU.
MAY YOU FIND FAVOUR IN NIGERIA EVEN AS YOU DESIRE TO LEAVE SOON.

FOR THOSE REFUSED, YOU WILL SMILE AGAIN. THIS IS JUST A DELAY.

IT WILL END IN PRAISE
CONGRATULATIONS PPR FAMILY MEMBERS wink

Find some of the recent timelines below
YOU ARE NEXT IN LINE

20 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by SimpleasABC: 10:16am On Dec 07, 2022
DandyJ:
MAY THIS WEEK FAVOUR EVERYBODY EXPECTING THEIR PPR.
MAY THE LAND OF CANADA FAVOUR YOU.
MAY YOU FIND FAVOUR IN NIGERIA EVEN AS YOU DESIRE TO LEAVE SOON.

FOR THOSE REFUSED, YOU WILL SMILE AGAIN. THIS IS JUST A DELAY.

IT WILL END IN PRAISE
CONGRATULATIONS PPR FAMILY MEMBERS wink

Amen �

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Aboffine: 10:26am On Dec 07, 2022
Hello Everyone

Please, I meed help with my study permit application

I am confused as to where to uoad my SOP on the online platform

I am also applying for my children (age 7 and 9) and do not know where to upload their documents

Is there a different process for applying for one's kids?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Oldfashioned145: 10:29am On Dec 07, 2022
Hi @ introvert56, the reason VFS returned your envelope was it because there was no return envelope in it?

Introvert56:
Someone called me from DHL that my passport was returned from VFS with a letter because I did not pay my courier fee. I made the payment of about 18700 and sent it to his whatsapp. He packaged my file and sent it back to VFS for me on Monday then I got the confirmation mail yesterday.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Oldfashioned145: 10:31am On Dec 07, 2022
You're to upload your sop on Additional docs and as for your kids, I believe you're to apply for a visitors visa for them. You can await the gurus in the house for further clarification

Aboffine:
Hello Everyone

Please, I meed help with my study permit application

I am confused as to where to uoad my SOP on the online platform

I am also applying for my children (age 7 and 9) and do not know where to upload their documents

Is there a different process for applying for one's kids?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Aboffine: 10:36am On Dec 07, 2022
Hello Everyone

Please, I need your help with my study permit application

I have all the required documents but do not k ow where to upload items like SOP etc

I intend to take my 2 kids along so I'm also applying for them but I'm not sure of what section to upload their documents like birth certificate, passports, digital photo, etc

Ki day assist with a guidance
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Jaykeh: 10:46am On Dec 07, 2022
Introvert56:

Okay, same thing here. I'm waiting for confirmation email from them still.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Oldfashioned145: 10:51am On Dec 07, 2022
Congratulations

Conchita:
It ended in praise.
My application was approved on my second attempt.
First application
Submitted 25th April 2022
Denied 3rd June 2022
Used my maternal aunt as my sponsor.
Reason for refusal from my note:
the VO was not convinced that my maternal aunt is related to me as we do not bear the same surname, even after showing pictures of me and her from years back.
Personal assets and financial status.
second application
Submitted on 18th June 2022
Approved on 4th October 2022
I applied as self sponsored.
The documents I included are:
an investment certificate,
a lease agreement
my bank job,
my poultry farm pictures,
my wife’s registered business (makeup artist).
Gift Deed of land and cash from my Dad.
Am going to Okanagan college kelowna campus,British Columbia.
I will be leaving last week of December via Ethiopian airlines.

My special appreciation goes to God Almighty for making this possible.
To all those that helped directly or indirectly I say thank you all.
To those new on this thread, take your time to read through pass threads. Everything I know about Canadian study permit i learnt it here.
My prayers are with all those waiting for response from IRCC. it will end in praise.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Jaykeh: 11:08am On Dec 07, 2022
Introvert56:

Is there any other thing added or just the payment invoice?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by steveaustin3(m): 11:27am On Dec 07, 2022
What GOD cannot do does not exist! What GOD cannot do does not exist!!!!!!!

12 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by olufunbi(f): 11:33am On Dec 07, 2022
Hi Olokings,

Please can you give me the contact of the MP that responded to you?

Thank you.

olokings:
So in an effort to give back.
here are my application details.

Application for Family of 5 with notification of 6 travellers viz:
Father - PA: Study visa
Mother - SOWP
Child 1 - Study visa, Child 2 - Study visa, Child 4 - visitor visa. Accompanying child 3 - US Citizen to apply study permit within canada

Application submitted April 30th 2022
Medicals upfront - April 27th. Medicals passed - May 18th
Eligibility commenced July 5th - 11th (based on MP feedback) Eligibility updated on CIC portal- Aug. 3rd. 2022
Study program - 16 months Masters (course based) UNB
PPR - X5 for all family applicants 24th Aug. 2022

Docs. submitted
All IMM forms
SOP - 13 pages long. paragraphed with subheads to address all eligibility review criteria as itemised in the IRCC portal and school immigration support port. (paid particular attention to why i am travelling with all family - argument based mostly on need to keep the family as a single well & tighty bonded unit, and potential damage to spouse & kids emotionally & mentally should the unit be seperated, since father is major provider, there is need for family to be with him for effective care & nuturing rather than remote attention etc.) family have taken multiple trips together (note also, wifey have a Canada Visitor Visa issued in Jan 2020 pre-covid which she did not use - i explained that since the covid restrictions she prefered to travel with her family and not to vacation alone anymore, added and explained all bills were paid for Child 3 US citizenship birthing. Employer approved unpaid study leave but i highlighted 100% re-absorption rate after studies on return back to active service.. .... and other plenty arguments i cant list here.

- Employer intro letter, pay stubs, emoluments, study leave (witout pay) approval letter

- 1 year MBS (salary account, personal savings account [naira / USD], spouse USD account, spouse naira savings account)

- POF: total CAD$80,000.00 living expense + tuition... Paid over 95% program Tuition fee (note that to secure my POF, i had my colleague recieve money from an extern unconnected support to pay the full tuition while i keep my own personal monies as POF for living expenses)

- explained lump sums: explain all lump sums payment into the account over the 1 year period. Note that my personal Naira account balance was N3,000+/- only as at 1 week to application. but my employer paid in over N13million which i explained as project funds returns with evidence. Spouse had incrasing savings of over US$20,000.00 in her personal account which i converted to Naira at black market rate (with explaination of our forex constraints) and converted to CAD$ at CBN rate (CAD1 - N325) based on policy for school living expense in order to increase the CAD$ POF statements.

- LOE: 8 pages where i detailed my US born child 3, attaching all his birthin receipts with zero balances to demonstrate non-indebtedness to the US government, explained other documented evidence attachments which could be included in the SOP due to 4MB limit & doc. legibility following compression, explaination of hometies with evidence of property valuation, child waitlisted primary school study, etc. lots of others i can not detail here.

* 1 week after application submission, i started firing emails to nairobi office & webforms (info gotten here from gurus... thanks again) requesting to update upfront medicals which they started updating kids one by one from 11th May.

* 4 weeks after application submission, i fired request for GCMS notes which haven't returned till today becuase it was delayed.

* 6 weeks after application submission, identified MPs within NB (info gotten from gurus... thanks again), and couple ignored, one rejected, one promised to get back but didnt, one replied and assisted in getting feedback from IRCC to reply after 2 weeks. replied after 3 weeks informing of application under eligibility review (that is 2nd week of July).

* 8 weeks after application submission, started firing emails and webforms to Nairobi, London, abuja, lagos, china, (info gotten from gurus... thanks again) 3 mails & webforms to each location per day requesting application status & decision.... no response or auto response.

* 12 weeks after application submission, Nairobi replied auto response to emails.... IRCC replied all webforms at once that applications under review

* 16 weeks after application submission, continued firing email & webforms, 1 each per day 2 times a week to Nairobi praying for consideration due to family size and close study resumption date.

* 16 weeks after application submission, Nairobi replied that application under review

* 17 weeks after application submission, Nairobi replied email that application in queue for processing _ (entered panic mode why queue matter again... lol) with notation that continued mailing their office won't lead to an expedited processing. fear catch me, i stopped emailing.

* Contacted school to request online study when semester starts in sept. 2022 as i cannot force IRCC hand again and not continue panicking myself (lemme not lie, i even tried to psyche myself away from reading successes and checking portal every hour but for where e no work...i dey sleep for NL and log in CIC portal every hour... lol).

* Today (24th Aug 2022) was forming tough guy not look check portal and NL, was in a meeting and decided to distracted myself from the long discussions, looked in my Gmail and behold, the "donotreply" mail... BP shot up, breathing held, tension raised, ... logged in portal, went straight to check Child 4 (youngest) account, and beholded, application approved... that is when i smiled and gatthered the liver to go and check wifey SOWP and other....

Meehn, the feeling of ecstacy is unspeakable, i swear....

I bid all of us, particularly 2Pretty4u, Kiari, Charitojames et al positive decisions from IRCC..

we will all meet there

thank you so much Fam. i was reading this NL thread more than 4 months before i applied and made changes based on lessons learned gatthered here.

Make i gather our passport go drop for VAC tomorrow.

Good luck to us all....!!!!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Introvert56: 11:40am On Dec 07, 2022
I had initially sent my consent form, processing fee receipt (9930), passport request letter, and my actual passport before I was requested to pay 18710 because I did not send it in a return envelope.
Jaykeh:

Is there any other thing added or just the payment invoice?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Introvert56: 11:43am On Dec 07, 2022
Yes. I think so
Oldfashioned145:
Hi @ introvert56, the reason VFS returned your envelope was it because there was no return envelope in it?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Jaykeh: 11:51am On Dec 07, 2022
Introvert56:
I had initially sent my consent form, processing fee receipt (9930), passport request letter, and my actual passport before I was requested to pay 18710 because I did not send it in a return envelope.

Exact same image that was sent to me. I wonder why I haven't received the email yet.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Jojocrawch: 11:58am On Dec 07, 2022
Good afternoon ladies and Gents, my application was refused, reason: financial assets and personal status, (see GCMS notes below)

course of study: Diploma in hospitality management which is in tandem with my work experience.

Sponsor: my father, I had 4million in my account, no lump sum, payed first semester tuition.

Note: I’m 35 years old, i do not have a first degree which is why I couldn’t go for a masters program however I have a very long work experience in the aforementioned occupation, could this be a deterrence?

Our eloquent Guru’s should please analyze my GCMS notes for me thanks

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by aramideadeoye: 12:06pm On Dec 07, 2022
Chiziteremary:
Guys its PPR for my daughter o. Prrrrrrraissssssseeeeeeeeeee the LORD o. Honestly, God is too much. I bombarded them with over 100 mails today. I read here where someone said he sent mails every 30 mins, I was sending them mails o every 30 mins. Please join me and praise this God o. I'm so so happy. I already bought her flight ticket since August by faith. I applied since 27th July 2022

On NSPPD today, Pastor Jerry said you will receive that approval today and i claimed it. I kept confessing that since morning

congratulationnnnnn.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by skentelelady(f): 12:06pm On Dec 07, 2022
Olanray01:
Hi guys, I'm in dire need of your assistance
My application which is almost going to two years now, I got a message first time since August 2021, letter of procedural fairness about my study permit stating I haven't paid the allotted 235 CAD for my study permit
The payment was made for me by a family friend earlier this year I still have the receipt with me right now
After going rounds and checking through multiple threads I've come to a conclusion that it was probably charge back
Please what is the next step if he claims there wasn't charge back
Is there any way I can verify that there was a charge back
I've been given 7 days to clear my name or I'll recieve a 5 year ban and I'm only left with 4
Please assist me

This is the way I would address this if it were my application.

I would first apologise for the reversal. I would explain with the receipt of payment that I didnt have a dollar account so a friend paid for me with his dollar account ( attached is the receipt). I would further explain that the friend dient tell me the money was reversed to his account. Then i would attach the new receipt. I would further explain that if I was told about the reversal, I would have paid immediately since I would not want to do anything to jeopardise my dream of studying in Canada

Before sending the letter of explanaination, I would have paid another $235Cad.

This is what I would explain in my letter which would be sent thru webform with the receipt of the new payment

12 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by chrisoo(m): 12:08pm On Dec 07, 2022
Panasonic101:

Why not look for another college? Haha

Official Transcript is the one sent directly to the Oversea Institute of Learning from the school you graduated. So, they want you to ask your University here in Nigeria to send your transcript to them directly without passing through you. This involves some extra expenses: Payment to your Uni and then cost of Courier to Canada. Most Canadian Universities - like other foreign Universities (if not all) demand for Official Transcripts. Some go as far as demanding that the transcript be evaluated by WES. WES is another story all together. The to & fro involved in passing thru WES is scary and discouraging.
Unofficial Transcript is the scanned copy with you. Most (if not all) colleges in Canada accept unofficial transcript. So, make your choice. If you love the University so much, then go for it and plan your budget well. But if you can look for a college in Canada, please do. I dont see much difference than the fact that one runs Masters/PHD Programs and the other stops at Graduate Diplomas/Grad Certs. Cut your cloth according to your material.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Wahab200148: 12:09pm On Dec 07, 2022
Gilb231:
It’s been 41 days since I submitted my passport to IRCC. I don’t understand the reason for the delay. I’ve really lost a lot to this delay.

What is it saying if you check it on vfs website

I'm also in the same situation
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by opessi: 12:12pm On Dec 07, 2022
My POF document is about 32mb after been compressed and in the coloum available to upload shows the file must not exceed 2mb.
Please what should I do

(1) (2) (3) ... (598) (599) (600) (601) (602) (603) (604) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.