Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,531 members, 7,819,912 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:25 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (650) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1225935 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (647) (648) (649) (650) (651) (652) (653) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Predator188: 8:56pm On Dec 20, 2022
kingpinjay:
Can I ask if there will be queries at the airport if a student arrives a week after school start date?
If you must arrive a week after school start date, I suggest you should observe the last date or deadline to register for courses ,is upto 2weeks from term start date for some schools/ University it may be stated on the letter of acceptance,if that date has elapsed you may have issues with the school,and this can be your only defence if the immigration officer queries your arrival. In that case you may say that course registration is still ongoing stating the last date for registration of courses. Though this is just a suggestion .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Queenfunlola(f): 9:17pm On Dec 20, 2022
AwealthDRL:
I heard there's a way they put money in your account for some months, when you're ready for travel after visa you print ur statement and return the money I don't know how much they charge but I've heard of it. If anyone knows about this please let us know

If you know people in the bank walk up to them they do it. U will put 3.5% or 5% (am not sure ) monthly till u return the money. I don’t know the full detail so may be when u talk to people that do it they will explain better.

But my fear over this money is,
1, how are u sure this agents won’t remove the money when ur application is still in process, what if ircc asks for your POF again.

2, I don’t know how much u want from them but are u willing to pay let’s say 150k or even money monthly for money that u will still return in full. What if ur application takes up to 6 or 8 months (God forbid it) but think.

3, how do u explain the sudden big sum of money to ircc.

MY CONCLUSION- I think it’s better to get money from friends and family and you deposit it over a period of 4 to 6 months before submitting ur application.
OR
ask people how they went about MPOWER and sources like that for money

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pace6: 9:20pm On Dec 20, 2022
breakice31:
Guys! Guys! Guess what?
Yeah it is PPR!
This is joy unspeakable!

Wow!!! Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Wsx2: 9:41pm On Dec 20, 2022
Bobomaigida:

Congratulations, please do well to share the documents you sent in your application and the full gist.

Sorry guys

I have been busy
Applied august 9th
Upfront med passed oct 19
Eligibility never started
Background never started
Bvl December 1st
Another bvl 19 dec
Followed by ppr 19th dec

Didn’t submit much documents
Just few I even use phone to snap the documents sef didn’t really took the
application serious coz my bank account balance just around 2.9m was nothing to write home about but I got home ties. I don’t leave money in my account coz I have uncompleted house projects which I am still spending on.

I invested all my money so I don’t have to work another day to survive due to nigeria situation.I have properties worth over 95m all are houses not land. 5 houses 6 purchased condos 15 tenants Most of the houses documents aren’t ready due to government approval delays but I have stamp duty and land receipts deeds and ratification . I have a company aswell and a farm and also shares in mtn and other companies.

I took Mpower loan and the bank statement only as POF

Then I attached all the investment documents tenancy agreement my company and farm documents and LOA . Total about 12 documents to proof to those dudes that I am blessed already even with low account balance.

I just returned from Europe aswell

Goodluck to those still waiting

24 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by SimpleasABC: 9:45pm On Dec 20, 2022
Pace6:

Wow!!! Congratulations

Congratulations �

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by pufframmy: 9:49pm On Dec 20, 2022
[congrats quote author=Wsx2 post=119308668]

Sorry guys

I have been busy
Applied august 9th
Background never started
Bvl December 1st
Another bvl 19 dec
Followed by ppr 19th dec

application serious coz my bank account balance just around 2.9m was nothing to write home about but I got home ties. I don’t leave money in my account coz I have uncompleted house projects which I am still spending on.

I invested all my money so I don’t have to work another day to survive due to nigeria situation.I have properties worth over 95m all are houses not land. 5 houses 6 purchased condos 15 tenants Most of the houses documents aren’t ready due to government approval delays but I have stamp duty and land receipts deeds and ratification . I have a company aswell and a farm and also shares in mtn and other companies.

Then I attached all the investment documents tenancy agreement my company and farm documents and LOA . Total about 12 documents to proof to those dudes that I am blessed already even with low account balance.

Goodluck to those still waiting [/quote]

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by chigozieevans: 10:14pm On Dec 20, 2022
Hello Everyone,
It's PPRRRRR celebration time for meeee grin
At about 4:19pm today, I got the good news.

1st time applicant. (Zero Travel History)
OCTOBER 04, applicant.
PPR December 20.

Please join me to celebrate oooooo
Fear wan been kill me because I knew I submitted the least documents based on what I have been seeing here on this thread.

It can only be God

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Johnbravo1994: 10:35pm On Dec 20, 2022
This is super fantastic...congratulations to you
chigozieevans:
Hello Everyone,

OCTOBER 04, applicant.
PPR December 20.

Fear wan been kill me because I knew I submitted the least documents based on what I have been seeing here on this thread.

It can only be God

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by gaeul(f): 10:46pm On Dec 20, 2022
This is serious. Please how much is the naira limit. Thanks
favourdamsel:
is only wakanow website that you pay in naira booking with airfrance but there is CBN limit now on paying with card. So you pay the amount in wakanow bank account.

Call airfrance office helpline. But I think they convert in black market rate when you go to their office to make the payment.

someone had problem like you did in paying fare with Ethiopian airline which was quoted in naira. The person had to go to Ethiopian airlines office to make the payment because of CBN limit using naira card to pay online.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Creativebelle: 11:15pm On Dec 20, 2022
Check your mail
Derah0:
Hello, i would like to join the humber college groupchat. can i send you a message on whatsapp or email. Thanks

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Oldfashioned145: 11:18pm On Dec 20, 2022
I paid via transfer.

FranklynJonin:
@Oldfashioned145

Did you use naira debit card when booking your flight online for Qatar airways or which method did you use

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by GodswillBeDone: 11:31pm On Dec 20, 2022
AwealthDRL:
I heard there's a way they put money in your account for some months, when you're ready for travel after visa you print ur statement and return the money I don't know how much they charge but I've heard of it. If anyone knows about this please let us know

Yeah, there is. But I think it's better not to discuss such on an open platform like this. I can refer you to someone tested and trusted for guidance.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 11:34pm On Dec 20, 2022
MumiOlivia:

Please I have been trying to apply for student loan from this organization. I'm not a US citizen neither do I have a parmanent resident permit. But I have someone in US that can act as my cosigner. Now my question is this..
When filling it they asked me to put a US address which I don't have, please how do I go about it.?

Should my cosigner act as me and fill the entire application form.?
How did you do yours.. Please I really need your response. Thank you.

I'm not certain how this is done because I did not use a loan.
A lot of people here used mpower and other loan institutions so just ask generally and someone might respond.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by GodswillBeDone: 11:35pm On Dec 20, 2022
Queenfunlola:

If you know people in the bank walk up to them they do it. U will put 3.5% or 5% (am not sure ) monthly till u return the money. I don’t know the full detail so may be when u talk to people that do it they will explain better.

But my fear over this money is,
1, how are u sure this agents won’t remove the money when ur application is still in process, what if ircc asks for your POF again.

2, I don’t know how much u want from them but are u willing to pay let’s say 150k or even money monthly for money that u will still return in full. What if ur application takes up to 6 or 8 months (God forbid it) but think.

3, how do u explain the sudden big sum of money to ircc.

MY CONCLUSION- I think it’s better to get money from friends and family and you deposit it over a period of 4 to 6 months before submitting ur application.
OR
ask people how they went about MPOWER and sources like that for money

Spot on there. You are absolutely right. The person that did for a friend gave a good explanation and even letters and all to back it up and he was approved but not all do this. Most just do as you stated above.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 11:35pm On Dec 20, 2022
chigozieevans:
Hello Everyone,

OCTOBER 04, applicant.
PPR December 20.

It can only be God

Nice, congratulations

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by GodswillBeDone: 11:38pm On Dec 20, 2022
Congratulations! That's the only valid conversation. I believe that your SOP/LOE must've have done justice and collated everything together. Congrats once again.

Wsx2:

Sorry guys

I have been busy
Applied august 9th
Background never started
Bvl December 1st
Another bvl 19 dec
Followed by ppr 19th dec

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by GodswillBeDone: 11:39pm On Dec 20, 2022
chigozieevans:
Hello Everyone,

OCTOBER 04, applicant.
PPR December 20.

It can only be God

Wow! Congratulations! You'll be eligible to work more than 20hrs a week when school is in session. Those that have study permit or submitted their application on or before October 7, 2022 are the ones eligible. Congrats once again

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Lantus4u: 4:59am On Dec 21, 2022
Hi, please I need some help with my brother's application.

He got an original passport request letter on August 11, proceeded to submit the passport and other documents through vfs lagos 29th of August 2022 and on sept 1st , it was under process at the IRCC office. Up till December it was under process at the Canada Visa office.

He called the vfs helpline and he was told his passport is still at the Canada embassy in Abuja. After sending several mails to the embassy in Abuja, he was told a decision has not been made on the application which contradicts what was on the passport request letter.

The passport was returned to him on december 22 without the visa stamp or even an instruction on what to do, he has checked his GCkey several times and there's no update or request for any document, the Nairobi visa office has also been emailed without any response. Please, what can he do?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Chechelenche(m): 6:19am On Dec 21, 2022
Dear Friends,

Compliments of the season. My younger brother who is 30 years old just gained an admission to a Canadian college.
Pls I need guidance on how to go about processing his student visa. I am scared of using agents. He has been home for years doing menial jobs and now that this opportunity has come I don't want it messed up.
His highest educational degree is SSCE.
My younger sister is based in Canada and will be the sponsor.

Please counsel/advise a brother.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Leadforteservic: 7:01am On Dec 21, 2022
Sorry about this and this is like the 3rd time I think I am hearing a passport request was was sent and while the applicant submits for stamping the request Will be denied and passport will not be stamped due to denial of application which is strange.
I will advise you order CBSA NOTE immediately to find out what really went wrong and the visa officer's concerns.

Secondly depending on the reason for sudden denial after sending passport request, you may require the services of an immigration lawyer.
Lantus4u:
Hi, please I need some help with my brother's application.

He got an original passport request letter on August 11, proceeded to submit the passport and other documents through vfs lagos 29th of August 2022 and on sept 1st , it was under process at the IRCC office. Up till December it was under process at the Canada Visa office.

He called the vfs helpline and he was told his passport is still at the Canada embassy in Abuja. After sending several mails to the embassy in Abuja, he was told a decision has not been made on the application which contradicts what was on the passport request letter.

The passport was returned to him on december 22 without the visa stamp or even an instruction on what to do, he has checked his GCkey several times and there's no update or request for any document, the Nairobi visa office has also been emailed without any response. Please, what can he do?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by padie77: 7:18am On Dec 21, 2022
chigozieevans:
Hello Everyone,

OCTOBER 04, applicant.
PPR December 20.

It can only be God

Congratulations. Pls don't forget to share your timeline
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Leadforteservic: 7:26am On Dec 21, 2022
Hope the course he is going for is related to his work experience or the last course or program his studied in school.

Are u sponsoring him? The finances has to be adequate and we'll explained in the SOP and it will be a good advantage if the sponsor is family related especially with same surname.

Let your home tie be strong and a well detailed SOP .
You can always as any question and the gurus in the house will gladly advise and guide you at their convenient time.
Best of luck to your brother.
Chechelenche:
Dear Friends,

Compliments of the season. My younger brother who is 30 years old just gained an admission to a Canadian college.
Pls I need guidance on how to go about processing his student visa. I am scared of using agents. He has been home for years doing menial jobs and now that this opportunity has come I don't want it messed up.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by AwealthDRL: 7:51am On Dec 21, 2022
GodswillBeDone:

Yeah, there is. But I think it's better not to discuss such on an open platform like this. I can refer you to someone tested and trusted for guidance.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by AwealthDRL: 7:59am On Dec 21, 2022
GodswillBeDone:

Spot on there. You are absolutely right. The person that did for a friend gave a good explanation and even letters and all to back it up and he was approved but not all do this. Most just do as you stated above.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pace6: 7:59am On Dec 21, 2022
chigozieevans:
Hello Everyone,

OCTOBER 04, applicant.
PPR December 20.

It can only be God

Congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by gaeul(f): 8:46am On Dec 21, 2022
Good Day, please Wakanow said Airfrance need Covid vaccine for my kids 5 and 8. Please did anyone travel recently and didn’t need to do Covid test for their kids. If yes, which airline please. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Adakiobi: 9:36am On Dec 21, 2022
If possible can someone in Nigeria be the sponsor, to avoid the visa officer thinking that his Canadian ties are stronger than the Nigerian ties

Chechelenche:
Dear Friends,

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 9:45am On Dec 21, 2022
Wsx2:

Sorry guys

I have been busy
Applied august 9th
Background never started
Bvl December 1st
Another bvl 19 dec
Followed by ppr 19th dec

Congratulations once again.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bjd09: 9:50am On Dec 21, 2022
It’s ppr I am so so grateful to God
First time applicant
Upfront medical: June 16
Application submitted: July 4
Biometric:July 7
Medical passed :December 5
Ircc requested for updated pof and NLOA: Dec 7
PPR:dec 21
Centennial College: Jan 23
I used an agent based in canada

31 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by fissy30: 9:58am On Dec 21, 2022
Perripilzz:
You’re still to receive some more mails after this. It will state that it is ready for collection.

Hello Merciful please i am in d same case as you,have u been able to get your passport back from vfs?and how did you go about it? If you have information about how to get my passport from vfs,how to pay for one way courier and send them receipt…Please respond it’s urgent
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by fissy30: 10:17am On Dec 21, 2022
Jaykeh:

Please did Vfs send you any email to acknowledge they have received your passport on the same day DHL delivered it to them?

I sent mine since Thursday 1/12/22 and I'm yet to get a response from Vfs to acknowledge they are with the passport, DHL didn't even send me a message I just tracked it and saw it has been delivered. I'm really worried. I sent direct to Abuja.

Hello Please if i want to send the money for the 1way courier to Vfs ,so they can send my passport back to my location,How will i send them receipt to be sure Please it’s urgent.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Abayor15: 10:19am On Dec 21, 2022
Hello guys... Please been hearing about this MPower for sometime now... I'll also like to use their service. I don't know it there's anyone that can put me through with how to apply and be granted the loan please ��... I promise to pay back in no time. Also anyone that can help with the Pof.... I'll really appreciate you... Thank you so much

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (647) (648) (649) (650) (651) (652) (653) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.