Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,719 members, 7,820,504 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:03 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (697) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1226664 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (694) (695) (696) (697) (698) (699) (700) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by HazeeyzaH(f): 6:52am On Jan 05, 2023
Winnerpoks:
Miss ngozi is there any hope? Beggining to lose faith though, I've run out of words for my sibling

Na Scarborough me sef dey go ooo... lets rent a 2 bedroom basement apartment.. it would be nice to have Nigerian as housemate. Mail me if interested.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Winnerpoks: 6:55am On Jan 05, 2023
It's for my sibling though, I'll mail you right away

HazeeyzaH:

Na Scarborough me sef dey go ooo... lets rent a 2 bedroom basement apartment.. it would be nice to have Nigerian as housemate. Mail me if interested.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by HazeeyzaH(f): 6:56am On Jan 05, 2023
Winnerpoks:
It's for my sibling though, I'll mail you right away

Alright
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Winnerpoks: 6:57am On Jan 05, 2023
Who is applying for study permit from Ibadan, oyo state? Or who has admission into lambton college? I'll need to talk to anyone please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by olayisco080: 7:17am On Jan 05, 2023
Any Sheridan College connection here
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Tghurl(f): 7:20am On Jan 05, 2023
I have finally submitted my visa application yesterday ������ now the short wait begins.
Keep me in your prayers please

13 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Winnerpoks: 7:26am On Jan 05, 2023
Tghurl:
I have finally submitted my visa application yesterday ������ now the short wait begins.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by olayisco080: 7:39am On Jan 05, 2023
Oldfashioned145:
Yes there is a WhatsApp group

Email me

Can you pls add this Whatsapp No: 08138312089
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by saucekid50: 7:42am On Jan 05, 2023
Hello guys,
I did my medical yesterday at Qlife as regards to the medical request received from IRCC.
I was given an e medical form yesterday. Do I need to upload to IRCC? If yes, how do I go about it?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by teebang: 8:12am On Jan 05, 2023
archer05:

Pls can I reach out to you ? I need some information from you

You mean DO NOT REPLY MESSAGE? when did you applied
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by diggy4real: 8:17am On Jan 05, 2023
Joge64:

Generally, i think colleges are less expensive.
However, with my research, the following universities are quite affordable.
1. University of Saskatchewan
2. University of Manitoba
3. University of Guelph
4. University of British Columbia
5. University of Lethbridge

I don’t think colleges can guarantee a visa with the applicant already a master’s degree holder. I will look into all these. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pace6: 8:23am On Jan 05, 2023
Winnerpoks:
Did you use only fiancee or something else?

Which state do you live?

Job inclusive

Edo State

Peace

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Samade7: 8:34am On Jan 05, 2023
Good morning All,

Please I need assistance and advice cos am really confused now.
I got admission for May 2023 / Conestoga College, have paid the deposit fee of $1500 n currently processing to pay the balance with firstbank given me issue.

I have applied for study visa n done with biometrics. Infact, am planning to have my upfront medical by 23rd of this month but this morning I got a refused letter from IRCC that I don't have sufficient fund.
My sister is my sponsor, I used her SOA with over N20m, my sch fee per year is $19k CAD plus.

Please I need advice on what to do next.

Then, I will like to ask does IOM refund? Cos am supposed to do the medical in lagos but due to the fact that I want to get it done this month I picked Abuja cos there's no more appointment in Lagos for this month.

Secondly, do I need to inform conestoga college for deferral of my admission or request for refund?

Pls elders in the house, help me am totally in a confused state.

Thanks in anticipation, God bless.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by teebang: 8:39am On Jan 05, 2023
archer05:

Help me with your contact pls

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by HEADYWORLD: 8:58am On Jan 05, 2023
Samade7:
Good morning All,

I got admission for May 2023 / Conestoga College, have paid the deposit fee of $1500 n currently processing to pay the balance with firstbank given me issue.

I have applied for study visa n done with biometrics. Infact, am planning to have my upfront medical by 23rd of this month but this morning I got a refused letter from IRCC that I don't have sufficient fund.
My sister is my sponsor, I used her SOA with over N20m, my sch fee per year is $19k CAD plus.

Then, I will like to ask does IOM refund? Cos am supposed to do the medical in lagos but due to the fact that I want to get it done this month I picked Abuja cos there's no more appointment in Lagos for this month.

Secondly, do I need to inform conestoga college for deferral of my admission or request for refund?

You don’t submit your own bank statements? and have you been working or you are a new graduate?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by GoodofNaija: 9:09am On Jan 05, 2023
olayisco080:
Any Sheridan College connection here
I dey here
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Samade7: 9:11am On Jan 05, 2023
HEADYWORLD:

You don’t submit your own bank statements? and have you been working or you are a new graduate?

Thanks so much for your response sir.

I didn't submit mine.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by eldersir20: 9:11am On Jan 05, 2023
Ketima:

Hello,

There is no special way of doing that except stating in your sop under hometie/assets of the assets you have. Then back it up with documentation (all the docs from the property).

But note that this should come under the financial backup plan and not what you will come back to cos VO believes that it can easily be disposed.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by SimpleasABC: 9:13am On Jan 05, 2023
Winnerpoks:
Who is applying for study permit from Ibadan, oyo state? Or who has admission into lambton college? I'll need to talk to anyone please

Message me 07061147802

I can help out a bit
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by SimpleasABC: 9:15am On Jan 05, 2023
saucekid50:
Hello guys,
I did my medical yesterday at Qlife as regards to the medical request received from IRCC.
I was given an e medical form yesterday. Do I need to upload to IRCC? If yes, how do I go about it?

No really compulsory you send to IRCC cuz Qlife will do that on your behalf,since its not upfront but to make things faster about your application you can use webform and email to send document to IRCC.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by SimpleasABC: 9:15am On Jan 05, 2023
Tghurl:

Its done already,God is at work

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by sos123: 9:48am On Jan 05, 2023
Your application, tracking ID No.************ has been received and is under process at the IRCC Office on Thu Jan 05 2023.

I received this today. Does that mean my passport will soon be out? People need to travel oh.

I submitted on the 28th, Abuja.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ifyy101: 9:52am On Jan 05, 2023
I got a reply today from Ircc. I sent mails consigning my application delay and that was their responds.
Does this mean my application will be looked into and I could get a responds soon ?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Drepee: 10:31am On Jan 05, 2023
Samade7:
Good morning All,

hello sorry for your refusal....how many years is your programme is it up to 4 years?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Samade7: 10:43am On Jan 05, 2023
Drepee:
hello sorry for your refusal....how many years is your programme is it up to 4 years?

Thanks bro.....its a 2 years program.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Drepee: 10:48am On Jan 05, 2023
Samade7:

Thanks bro.....its a 2 years program.
are you going with anyone or alone are you young or older applicant(age?) where you able to describe relationship between you and sister?....did you disclose that you have a job of your own? Or married with kids?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by NGOZIGLORI(f): 10:49am On Jan 05, 2023
Got this yesterday ....still waiting and hopeful

sos123:
Your application, tracking ID No.************ has been received and is under process at the IRCC Office on Thu Jan 05 2023.

I received this today. Does that mean my passport will soon be out? People need to travel oh.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Samade7: 10:56am On Jan 05, 2023
Drepee:
are you going with anyone or alone are you young or older applicant(age?) where you able to describe relationship between you and sister?....did you disclose that you have a job of your own? Or married with kids?

Am going alone, though I have wife and two kids. And currently working but not with much in my account, my sister is establishing a branch of her firm in the state where am living which am going to be managing when am thru with my studies was what was written in my SOP.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ChiPromise: 10:59am On Jan 05, 2023
chigozieevans:

I just got the exact email too few minutes ago.
It's in order
Pls have u gone for your passport?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ChiPromise: 11:01am On Jan 05, 2023
sos123:

Same with me. Let's be hopeful.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by HEADYWORLD: 11:05am On Jan 05, 2023
Samade7:

Am going alone, though I have wife and two kids. And currently working but not with much in my account, my sister is establishing a branch of her firm in the state where am living which am going to be managing when am thru with my studies was what was written in my SOP.

This was why I asked earlier, you are married and you are applying without showing any funds from your own end. How will you cater for the family you are living behind, how is the visa officer going to be sure the funds will be available to you when you get to Canada, those are some of the concerns the visa officer will have? When you order for your notes, you will see more details
And do you submit your sisters business account?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 11:07am On Jan 05, 2023
Samade7:
Good morning All,

Sorry about the refusal.

You might need to recheck your documents or order your gcms notes to know where you missed it. A third party sponsored visa application can fail if not well packaged as it is not enough to simply use them.

If you're using a third party sponsor as a working class adult, you must prove that you're responsible enough to finance yourself along with your sponsor (you can't be working and expect that your sponsor will foot all the bills, what happened to your earnings). If you're a young school leaver/or fresh out of high school (sec school) then the scrutiny may be less as you're not expected to be financially capable to support yourself.

Your sponsor's financial commitments will be reviewed as well. If the person is married with kids, adding you to their expenses will be a factor that will be reviewed along with the person's income. If the person is single then the scrutiny may be less.

Other factors are the length of your program considering the financial obligation you're about to place on your sister, your home ties, is your chosen course a form of career progression (based on your work experience or previous degree), how packaged was your SOP etc. The application needs to be top notch, you understand.

I don't think there's a need to request for refunds of your medicals if you ask me especially if you plan to reapply. The medicals is valid for 12 months so doing it now will not be a bad idea. Contact them to confirm their refund policy though.

You can always defer your admission at least 2 weeks to your resumption and be placed in another intake, your fees will be transferred to the new intake. This is done via the ocas portal.
You can also choose to withdraw the application and request for refund ( your 1500CAD will be refunded less 200CAD admin fee if you attach your proof of refusal.
Note that you will be refunded based on the dollar rate for the day the funds are credited to your account so it can be lesser or higher than the amount you were debited in Naira.

I hope this helps.

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (694) (695) (696) (697) (698) (699) (700) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.