Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,363 members, 7,812,038 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:59 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (705) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1213970 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (702) (703) (704) (705) (706) (707) (708) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Wsx2: 5:18pm On Jan 06, 2023
Bobomaigida:

Please if you want to try UK, please do forget the flooded part, no matter how many of us are going to UK and Canada, we are not more than Indians going to both locations. Abeg no send anybody papa.

Any country is better than Nigeria now.uk is a good country and people are still making their millions yearly and uk is even expensive to run than canada in reality a friend who took 22 million loan to package his family of 4 last year has paid back 13million out of the loan. He never made such in a year in Nigeria

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bamz555: 5:33pm On Jan 06, 2023
Tghurl:
I have finally submitted my visa application yesterday ������ now the short wait begins.
Keep me in your prayers please
Pls did u do it yourself ? I need assistance

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Queenfavi: 5:55pm On Jan 06, 2023
Good evening everyone. Please I have a question. I am presently in the UK doing my masters program, I will be done this month. I have applied for a PGC at Georgian College and I already have the admissions.

Please I want to know if i will have issues applying for Canada study permit from the UK.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Winnerpoks: 6:08pm On Jan 06, 2023
Babysoldier:
you dey find emergency girlfriend Abi?

The guy say 5m a month. most people tution self no reach 5m for a semester. Funny dude

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bamz555: 6:10pm On Jan 06, 2023
NGOZIGLORI:
Ok.thanks for your response. Truly appreciate.

My issue now is from Toronto to her final destination which is Charlottetown in Prince Edward Island.
If she will need to pay for the excess kg before boarding and what the charges will be like.?

No u won’t have to. Once u check in ur luggage from Nigeria here u won’t even see them again until u get to your final destination. So make sure u book a flight that will have ur final destination to be prince Edwards island. Even if it’s layovers and connecting flights u won’t pay anytin bcuz u won’t even see ur luggage. But if make Toronto ur final destination to board a fresh flight to prince Edward then u might have to pay extra there.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Winnerpoks: 6:11pm On Jan 06, 2023
Hi ma, It should not be a big deal. just mail the school and attach the ppr alongside. She'll resume this month.My sibling was also given time.

NGOZIGLORI:
Please am equally interested in the response to this question. Because we are considering this as the next option for my daughter.
The last day given to be in school is 12th which is next week Thursday
We had to cancel the flight we booked for tomorrow Saturday. Am scared to book another flight as the last day she can leave is Tuesday. The tension and anxiety is just much.
We hàve done everything humanly possible.

Whatever happens we will accept it with good faith.
She will use the period of waiting to learn skills that she can apply over there and use to make extra cash.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by jaydave: 6:47pm On Jan 06, 2023
Wsx2:

Any country is better than Nigeria now.uk is a good country and people are still making their millions yearly and uk is even expensive to run than canada in reality a friend who took 22 million loan to package his family of 4 last year has paid back 13million out of the loan. He never made such in a year in Nigeria
You are on point .. very true .. my niece hubby has paid up all the loan within a year .. he migrated with his wife and two kids and Dey born another one in uk now.
It also amazed me when a single lady that jus finished uni and with lil professional working experience here in naija could hav dat hustle spirit to work and paid up to £7k of her sch fee btw June to December last yr . She travelled without dependent

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Belxsz: 6:50pm On Jan 06, 2023
What If its the same school but a different program. Will you be turned back?
mrprolifik:
What you need to do is get an updated Letter of acceptance from your school showing that you would be starting by September 2023. After getting the updated letter of acceptance all you have to do is inform IRCC by sending them your updated letter of acceptance via webform. When you later travel for September resumption , you won't have any problem at the port of entry as long as it's the same program and same school (DLI) as that in the first letter of acceptance.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Angelsl: 7:04pm On Jan 06, 2023
please someone should answer
Angelsl:
hi please quick question, my brother just got his PPR, just wondering if he can send it through DHL or UPS or he has to physically go to vfs. thank you for your response in advance
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CornOak(m): 7:10pm On Jan 06, 2023
apeja2017:

Am in Canada already.
Am just telling him to keep hope alive.

Apeja,

You didn't bless this thread with your landing gist o. Be like say you won collect fine. cheesy

Wishing you all the best in Canada.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by NGOZIGLORI(f): 7:12pm On Jan 06, 2023
Any of these is okay.it all depends on the one that is convenient for you guys and your location. We did walk-in(physical) because we are in Lagos here

Angelsl:
please someone should answer

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by aji2000(m): 7:18pm On Jan 06, 2023
Update.

After waiting for so long and several malls and webforms. I even got tired of sending mails and stopped. However yesterday I noticed my eligibility review has started. Any idea how long this will take?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by NGOZIGLORI(f): 7:23pm On Jan 06, 2023
You know say these onyibo people no dey joke with their deadline. Since they have given them till 12th. I dey fear Incase she gets there after 12th let her not be stranded. And they fit no allow am to start classes.
As one of the school's administrator/representative has told her to leave it and come September, but we kept pushing that she is coming this Winter.

Winnerpoks:
Hi ma, It should not be a big deal. just mail the school and attach the ppr alongside. She'll resume this month.My sibling was also given time.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Angelsl: 7:24pm On Jan 06, 2023
thanks

NGOZIGLORI:
Any of these is okay.it all depends on the one that is convenient for you guys and your location. We did walk-in(physical) because we are in Lagos here

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by olujinmisamson1(m): 7:28pm On Jan 06, 2023
Like someone said here on this thread ' your application is your application' no one knows process ircc take to evaluate their applications. Just be expectant , my medical was updated 24hrs after I uploaded the sheet but it some people months before they updated it . Eligibility started for Me 2 days ago too and I still keep sending mails and webforms. Just comot mind and do other things .
aji2000:
Update.

After waiting for so long and several malls and webforms. I even got tired of sending mails and stopped. However yesterday I noticed my eligibility review has started. Any idea how long this will take?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by mrprolifik: 7:42pm On Jan 06, 2023
Belxsz:
What If its the same school but a different program. Will you be turned back?
Click on the link below to see the answer to your question.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/change-schools.html
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Winnerpoks: 7:49pm On Jan 06, 2023
NGOZIGLORI:
You know say these onyibo people no dey joke with their deadline. Since they have given them till 12th. I dey fear Incase she gets there after 12th let her not be stranded. And they fit no allow am to start classes.
As one of the school's administrator/representative has told her to leave it and come September, but we kept pushing that she is coming this Winter.

I dont think they"re difficult at all. Try to mail them this night and expect a positive response,but please attach your PPR
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by nowornever9: 8:11pm On Jan 06, 2023
Vfs sent me mail this morning that my passport is ready for collection at abuja and I also received my letter of introduction on IRCC portal this evening.

ChiPromise:

Pls check your mail box now.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Eje18(f): 8:28pm On Jan 06, 2023
apeja2017:

God knows best my brother. Our application is the same date.
Keep faith alive and grace shall speak for you.

I am August 16th, still waiting also.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by NGOZIGLORI(f): 8:46pm On Jan 06, 2023
Ok... thanks we will do so right away.
The introduction letter dropped this evening.

Winnerpoks:

I dont think they"re difficult at all. Try to mail them this night and expect a positive response,but please attach your PPR

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by beey4u(m): 8:51pm On Jan 06, 2023
@Johnstan please can I get your contact?

I will appreciate it

Thanks
johnstan:

Sorry about the refusal.

You might need to recheck your documents or order your gcms notes to know where you missed it. A third party sponsored visa application can fail if not well packaged as it is not enough to simply use them.

If you're using a third party sponsor as a working class adult, you must prove that you're responsible enough to finance yourself along with your sponsor (you can't be working and expect that your sponsor will foot all the bills, what happened to your earnings). If you're a young school leaver/or fresh out of high school (sec school) then the scrutiny may be less as you're not expected to be financially capable to support yourself.

Your sponsor's financial commitments will be reviewed as well. If the person is married with kids, adding you to their expenses will be a factor that will be reviewed along with the person's income. If the person is single then the scrutiny may be less.

Other factors are the length of your program considering the financial obligation you're about to place on your sister, your home ties, is your chosen course a form of career progression (based on your work experience or previous degree), how packaged was your SOP etc. The application needs to be top notch, you understand.

I don't think there's a need to request for refunds of your medicals if you ask me especially if you plan to reapply. The medicals is valid for 12 months so doing it now will not be a bad idea. Contact them to confirm their refund policy though.

You can always defer your admission at least 2 weeks to your resumption and be placed in another intake, your fees will be transferred to the new intake. This is done via the ocas portal.
You can also choose to withdraw the application and request for refund ( your 1500CAD will be refunded less 200CAD admin fee if you attach your proof of refusal.
Note that you will be refunded based on the dollar rate for the day the funds are credited to your account so it can be lesser or higher than the amount you were debited in Naira.

I hope this helps.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Profgordons(m): 9:00pm On Jan 06, 2023
apeja2017:

Am in Canada already.
Am just telling him to keep hope alive.

This man!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Oldfashioned145: 9:03pm On Jan 06, 2023
Done

olayisco080:

Can you pls add this Whatsapp No: 08138312089
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Oldfashioned145: 9:06pm On Jan 06, 2023
Congratulations

Welcome to Canada

sos123:
Submitted my passport on the 28th dec

Received it today. Went to VFS and collected my thing. I didn’t pay for courier.

God I thank you. Now my watch has ended!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Inikay: 9:12pm On Jan 06, 2023
adetouneo:
Good afternoon everyone
I want to know if Canada embassy accept foreign account sponsorship.
Like i have a brother in US that wants to sponsor my Canada study will it be accepted.

Of course they accept,a friend of mine sponsored his sister from US and she has gotten her visa

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Belinda32: 9:22pm On Jan 06, 2023
MumiOlivia:

Good morning,
5weeks

Hello , I have gotten admission in cape Breton university, how much did you pay as tuition deposit
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Belinda32: 9:23pm On Jan 06, 2023
Wsx2:

Please how did he get the loan ?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Sept1012: 9:38pm On Jan 06, 2023
NGOZIGLORI:
Please am equally interested in the response to this question. Because we are considering this as the next option for my daughter.
The last day given to be in school is 12th which is next week Thursday
We had to cancel the flight we booked for tomorrow Saturday. Am scared to book another flight as the last day she can leave is Tuesday. The tension and anxiety is just much.
We hàve done everything humanly

Whatever happens we will accept it with good faith.
She will use the period of waiting to learn skills that she can apply over there and use to make extra cash.

I would advise that you send a mail to her school detailing everything from your cancelled flight to when you submitted your passport to be stamped and everything. Add snapshots as evidence too.
I have come to realize that Canadians deal with issues on a case by case basis and I hope it can help……..

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Vicnero: 10:01pm On Jan 06, 2023
Good Evening NL Fam.

I did my Medicals at Qlife on the 27 of Dec and up till now it has not been Uploaded. Am kind of worried because the 30 days Given for medicals will be On Sunday 8-01.
What Should I do please.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ahlorba: 10:35pm On Jan 06, 2023
I just got admitted to study at centennial college but I was asked to make a deposit payment of $2,650 to hold a seat and receive acceptance letter. I want to know if after the payment and I received my acceptance letter I'll be able to pend the remaining tuition fee until I get to Canada or I'll be required to complete some of the tuition fee before leaving Nigeria
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by sos123: 10:45pm On Jan 06, 2023
Abuja

Olaniiks:

Congratulations!which vfs pls?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by sos123: 10:46pm On Jan 06, 2023
Yes. i think its faster in Abuja

NGOZIGLORI:
I guess you are in Abuja.
We submitted on 23rd from Lagos...till now nothing yet ooo

(1) (2) (3) ... (702) (703) (704) (705) (706) (707) (708) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.