Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,475 members, 7,830,390 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:54 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (712) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1239667 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (709) (710) (711) (712) (713) (714) (715) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by noeloge82(m): 7:35pm On Jan 08, 2023
FranklynJonin:
Where is their office located in Lagos?

Go through wakanow and book them its very easy and safe
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bernice123456: 7:41pm On Jan 08, 2023
Congratulations on your PPR
PLEASE if I may ask, did you use an agent to apply to Fanshawe college?

I having a difficult time finding one who doesn't charge so much. The last agent I called said 250,000 was her fee

Maputhohq:
PPR Alert and Timeline!!

I got my PPR on the 28th of November and promised to drop my timeline later, here it goes.
Profile;
Age - 21 years old
Highest level of Study - Media Communication Bsc.
Course of Study applied - Post Secondary Diploma in Interactive Media Design (2 years)
DLI - Fanshawe College, London Ontario.

My Timeline;
Sep 16th - Application submitted with Upfront Medicals
Sep 16th - Request for Biometrics
Sep 19th - Biometrics done
Oct 13th - Biometrics Updated
Nov 4th - Medicals Updated after sending countless emails and webforms to Nairobi only.
Nov 16th - I randomly checked after sending my daily dose of Webforms and Emails to Nairobi and saw Eligibility review has started.
Nov 23rd - BVL Dropped after sending mails to all the emails I could find on Nairaland and webforms to Nairobi.
Nov 28th - PPR Dropped again after sending countless mails to all the Emails I previously sent to and also webforms.
Dec 1st - Submitted my Passport at VFS Abuja (I just walked in with my passport and the Photocopy of my passport data page that they stuck a white paper on after my Biometrics and told me to expect a text when the passport is ready for pickup)
Dec 6th - Got a mail and a text that my passport had been stamped and was ready for pickup.
Dec 7th - Picked up the passport from VFS ( I can't even explain how beautiful it looks).

All Documents Submitted;
1) Application of study permit made outside Canada (imm1294e)
2) Letter of Acceptance
3) Scanned Copy of Passport Info Page
4) Proof of Funds (which includes Letter of Explanation of Funding Support, Letter of Financial Support and Affidavit from Sponsor, Scanned Copy of Sponsors ID, Sponsors 6-Months Bank Statement and Reference Letter from Bank, Sponsors insurance Certificates, Sponsors CAC certificate, Sponsors Contract Memos for her company, Sponsors property Documents (3 properties), Sponsors 6 months Payslips, Sponsors Appointment and Promotion Letters, Sponsors personal cars documents, My First Semester tuition payment Receipt)
5) My Digital Photo
6) Upfront E-Medical Information Sheet
7) Family Information (imm5645e)
cool Family Birth Certificate (4 siblings, 2 parents)
9) Parents Marriage Certificate
9) Application for a TRV made outside Canada (imm5257b)
10) Client Information (which includes SOP, Acceptance Letter from my PPA during NYSC year which ended in March, University Certificate, Transcript, WAEC Result, NYSC Certificate, Online Certificates related to my preferred course of study)
12) Different Pictures of myself and all my family members at my sister's wedding, my matriculation, my mother's convocation (Most of the pictures were of myself and my mom who is my sole sponsor).

I applied by myself with all the information I got from Nairaland and YouTube. All the sponsorship letters I wrote by myself, and just gave my mom to sign and scanned. I also paid my tuition with Form A even though it was a hassle, I disturbed FCMB with emails and calls for three months before it was finally disbursed. I lost my Dad a week before I applied, but I thought against including his death certificate so it doesn't affect the application. I don't know, but I feel the application was approved because it was backed with a lot of supporting documents to prove my sponsor is really established in Nigeria and can afford to fund my stay and schooling in Canada. I also wrote a very detailed SOP about why I was going to study for a post secondary diploma even though I had a Bsc which is higher and also in a totally different field, I explained the importance to my career growth and I also emphasized that after my studies I was going to come back to Naij and pursue a career and take care of my mom most importantly.

All these couldn't have been possible without God's intervention though, so I just suggest that we all involve God in all the processes as much as we can. This journey has really thought me to never underestimate the power of prayers.
I hope this helps somebody and I wish speedy approvals to everyone hopeful for a decision.

See y'all in Canada soon!!!!

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Powermike8: 7:49pm On Jan 08, 2023
Bernice123456:

I having a difficult time finding one who doesn't charge so much. The last agent I called said 250,000 was her fee

Congratulations dear and thanks for sharing.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Powermike8: 7:51pm On Jan 08, 2023
Bernice123456:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by pufframmy: 7:56pm On Jan 08, 2023
pls is it at the center you make the payment or online and how much are they charging

DandyJ:
For those hoping to book medical appointments with IOM Lagos. Attached are dates � available. They weren't there sometime ago hence I feel smone might need it here.

NB: These dates will be filled as soon as possible but there are dates til Jan 31st.

This is the site https://mymedical.iom.int/apps/omas/#_frmMedicalApptSchedule

Success to everybody on this journey and to those who already arrived Canada
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bullstriker: 7:58pm On Jan 08, 2023
I can help you apply for free.
Bernice123456:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Powermike8: 7:58pm On Jan 08, 2023
Congratulations dear and thanks for sharing.

Maputhohq:
PPR Alert and Timeline!!

I got my PPR on the 28th of November and promised to drop my timeline later, here it goes.
Profile;
Age - 21 years old
Highest level of Study - Media Communication Bsc.
Course of Study applied - Post Secondary Diploma in Interactive Media Design (2 years)
DLI - Fanshawe College, London Ontario.

My Timeline;
Sep 16th - Application submitted with Upfront Medicals
Sep 16th - Request for Biometrics
Sep 19th - Biometrics done
Oct 13th - Biometrics Updated
Nov 4th - Medicals Updated after sending countless emails and webforms to Nairobi only.
Nov 16th - I randomly checked after sending my daily dose of Webforms and Emails to Nairobi and saw Eligibility review has started.
Nov 23rd - BVL Dropped after sending mails to all the emails I could find on Nairaland and webforms to Nairobi.
Nov 28th - PPR Dropped again after sending countless mails to all the Emails I previously sent to and also webforms.
Dec 1st - Submitted my Passport at VFS Abuja (I just walked in with my passport and the Photocopy of my passport data page that they stuck a white paper on after my Biometrics and told me to expect a text when the passport is ready for pickup)
Dec 6th - Got a mail and a text that my passport had been stamped and was ready for pickup.
Dec 7th - Picked up the passport from VFS ( I can't even explain how beautiful it looks).

All Documents Submitted;
1) Application of study permit made outside Canada (imm1294e)
2) Letter of Acceptance
3) Scanned Copy of Passport Info Page
4) Proof of Funds (which includes Letter of Explanation of Funding Support, Letter of Financial Support and Affidavit from Sponsor, Scanned Copy of Sponsors ID, Sponsors 6-Months Bank Statement and Reference Letter from Bank, Sponsors insurance Certificates, Sponsors CAC certificate, Sponsors Contract Memos for her company, Sponsors property Documents (3 properties), Sponsors 6 months Payslips, Sponsors Appointment and Promotion Letters, Sponsors personal cars documents, My First Semester tuition payment Receipt)
5) My Digital Photo
6) Upfront E-Medical Information Sheet
7) Family Information (imm5645e)
cool Family Birth Certificate (4 siblings, 2 parents)
9) Parents Marriage Certificate
9) Application for a TRV made outside Canada (imm5257b)
10) Client Information (which includes SOP, Acceptance Letter from my PPA during NYSC year which ended in March, University Certificate, Transcript, WAEC Result, NYSC Certificate, Online Certificates related to my preferred course of study)
12) Different Pictures of myself and all my family members at my sister's wedding, my matriculation, my mother's convocation (Most of the pictures were of myself and my mom who is my sole sponsor).

I applied by myself with all the information I got from Nairaland and YouTube. All the sponsorship letters I wrote by myself, and just gave my mom to sign and scanned. I also paid my tuition with Form A even though it was a hassle, I disturbed FCMB with emails and calls for three months before it was finally disbursed. I lost my Dad a week before I applied, but I thought against including his death certificate so it doesn't affect the application. I don't know, but I feel the application was approved because it was backed with a lot of supporting documents to prove my sponsor is really established in Nigeria and can afford to fund my stay and schooling in Canada. I also wrote a very detailed SOP about why I was going to study for a post secondary diploma even though I had a Bsc which is higher and also in a totally different field, I explained the importance to my career growth and I also emphasized that after my studies I was going to come back to Naij and pursue a career and take care of my mom most importantly.

All these couldn't have been possible without God's intervention though, so I just suggest that we all involve God in all the processes as much as we can. This journey has really thought me to never underestimate the power of prayers.
I hope this helps somebody and I wish speedy approvals to everyone hopeful for a decision.

See y'all in Canada soon!!!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by pufframmy: 8:00pm On Jan 08, 2023
when were you issued the admission before they revoke it yesterday?
how many months interval

findxyz:
Hi everyone, I have been following this trend as a silent reader, a friend in CA introduced me to it few months back.

I got admitted to Conestoga college, May intake. They asked me to pay cad1500 deposit. I submitted form A to pay it but yesterday I got my admission revoked by Conestoga because they have not received my payment. This is due to bank delay in processing form A.

Please I need advise, what should I do? If they eventually get the deposit will they offer me the admission again?

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by gentleluv: 8:23pm On Jan 08, 2023
Hello NL.
Pls anyone have an idea about Conestoga college firstly I have paid tuition deposit but balance of first term tuition is still pending due to delay in form A with is 16weeks. and sch is resuming Tomorrow what can I do?
Secondly I can't upload for one card password does not match with username what can I do? I need help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Akadidi: 8:26pm On Jan 08, 2023
Abdul111:
Please, does anyone have an idea how much tuition cost for a course based masters in university of Calgary is?? The breakdown on their website isn’t comprehensive. Course of interest is Geomatics Engineering M.Eng
I will like to know too
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by aestake: 8:36pm On Jan 08, 2023
Akadidi:

I will would like to know too
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Leadforteservic: 8:37pm On Jan 08, 2023
FranklynJonin:
Where is their office located in Lagos?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Tgbengus151(m): 8:39pm On Jan 08, 2023
Yes, you would need an agent to apply to Fanshawe college but 250k is outrageous. You can use applyboard.com yourself and they would stand as your agent.

I'm currently in Fanshawe college and we have a group already. You can send me a mail with your number so I can add you up.

Bernice123456:

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Iamtombrown: 8:48pm On Jan 08, 2023
Greetings house!
Please is there a group for University of Prince Edward Island? WhatsApp or telegram group kindly share the group link with me. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Josh121(m): 8:54pm On Jan 08, 2023
Tgbengus151:
Yes, you would need an agent to apply to Fanshawe college but 250k is outrageous. You can use applyboard.com yourself and they would stand as your agent.

I'm currently in Fanshawe college and we have a group already. You can send me a mail with your number so I can add you up.

I just sent you a pm, I recent got an offer with fanshawe. @bullstriker help me with the application for free, anyone can contact him

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ANGELAFELIX: 8:55pm On Jan 08, 2023
Tgbengus151:
By requesting for it. Because you would surely need it when you're here at the port of entry before receiving your study permit.

Keep sending them webforms/mails regarding it and I believe it will drop on your portal.

thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ANGELAFELIX: 8:56pm On Jan 08, 2023
sos123:
Hello Angela, have you received your LOI?

No
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ANGELAFELIX: 9:05pm On Jan 08, 2023
johnstan:

I wouldn't call it disturb really. I waited for a week after ppr and it didn't drop on my portal, I sent an email and I got it within an hr.

What email was it please?
And how did you request for it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Iamtombrown: 9:10pm On Jan 08, 2023
@ChinemeremFidel
This is my number;
It’s a Ghana number by the way.
+233 550832001
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Iamtombrown: 9:16pm On Jan 08, 2023
You will need a lot of patience, time and data lol but it is doable once you get a hang of it. Start by reading through these threads here and google as well. Most of the things are there. Read up on what you will need to package for your uncle too since that is a third party sponsorhip.

@match2016 thank you very much����

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Iamtombrown: 9:17pm On Jan 08, 2023
Ilueh:

Of course, submit all, or you a do a MyBankStatement Ticket.
@IIueh May God richly bless you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bernice123456: 9:22pm On Jan 08, 2023
bullstriker:

Thanks so much.
Please how do I get in touch with you. I'm still new here.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Tgbengus151(m): 9:31pm On Jan 08, 2023
Okay. Will check it out.

That's nice. He has been really helpful here.

Josh121:

I just sent you a pm, I recent got an offer with fanshawe. @bullstriker help me with the application for free, anyone can contact him
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by aramideadeoye: 9:37pm On Jan 08, 2023
I would like to join the WhatsApp group for Durham College, can anyone help, please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by chithec(f): 9:56pm On Jan 08, 2023
bullstriker:
You don't need any agent
Just use apply board
Google "apply board" and use the platform to submit your application
That's what most agents use. They don't submit directly to the school.
They go through apply board. Apply board will submit the application for you and do the follow-up too

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Kizito55: 10:08pm On Jan 08, 2023
Please anyone from NAIT here
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by GloriaBekee: 10:19pm On Jan 08, 2023
Queenfavi:
Good evening everyone. Please I have a question. I am presently in the UK doing my masters program, I will be done this month. I have applied for a PGC at Georgian College and I already have the admissions.

Please I want to know if i will have issues applying for Canada study permit from the UK.
how many does it take before you were given admission at Georgian college please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by AyoDeeeee: 10:24pm On Jan 08, 2023
Thanks i would book one way, the PTA i hear is another wahala
Tgbengus151:
A return ticket is not compulsory but if you aim at getting PTA, you will need it.

I would suggest Ethiopian airlines or Egyptair.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Timonline: 10:24pm On Jan 08, 2023
Thanks for the messages, honestly I didn't have any issues with my medicals because my status was updated just a week after my medicals to show that I passed my medicals. From then onwards, it was delayed until now. I thank God for everything. It ended in praises.

MamaBams:
Wow!!!!! A big congratulations to you on the successful outcome of your application.
And many thanks for this information. God bless you real good.
If i may ask please, did you have issues with your medical cos i see you got a medical request,
or what caused this delay?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by mrprolifik: 10:44pm On Jan 08, 2023
Queenfavi:
Good evening everyone. Please I have a question. I am presently in the UK doing my masters program, I will be done this month. I have applied for a PGC at Georgian College and I already have the admissions.

Please I want to know if i will have issues applying for Canada study permit from the UK.
You wouldn't have issues applying from the UK. But it might be difficult convincing the visa officer of your home ties.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Queenfavi: 11:03pm On Jan 08, 2023
GloriaBekee:
how many does it take before you were given admission at Georgian college please

I applied on the 3rd of Jan and got admission on the 4th of Jan, just a day

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Queenfavi: 11:09pm On Jan 08, 2023
mrprolifik:
You wouldn't have issues applying from the UK. But it might be difficult convincing the visa officer of your home ties.

I took study leave leave from my company in Nigeria when coming to the UK, i also intend to get another study leave for the canada application. the initial study leave was for two years to come back in 2024, which would also cover the duration of my one year program in canada. but i would still request for a study leave indicating the name of the canada school.

can i use this for home tie? i am married too but my husband is with me in the UK as my dependent, tho i intend to apply alone. so i can use my husband as home tie.

my pension account too and i have families back home.
will this work?

(1) (2) (3) ... (709) (710) (711) (712) (713) (714) (715) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.