Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,226 members, 7,829,383 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:51 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (711) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1238680 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (708) (709) (710) (711) (712) (713) (714) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by mrprolifik: 2:37pm On Jan 08, 2023
osonoiki:
Good morning Sir/Ma.

I'm Osonoiki Oluwadamilare From Ondo state Nigeria, I got your write up from Nairaland and it was my pleasure to heard Nigerian has a forum in Halifax NS. Well I got admission in CBU in Halifax Nova Scotia and I've been given Visa to study over there even ticket has been bought my flight is scheduled to 12 of April but my major problem now is accommodation over there or if could be able to get address or number whom i can always talk to as my receiver when i arrive there, pls Sir/Ma kindly help with any Nigerian who study in CBU.

Check out www.nigeriansinnovascotia.org
You can also check them out on Facebook: Association of Nigerians in Nova Scotia .
I believe they can help you out.
Goodluck

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ufoms(f): 2:37pm On Jan 08, 2023
I also applied to centennial college for Sept 2023. Yet to get admission.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ufoms(f): 2:39pm On Jan 08, 2023
I also applied to centennial college yet to get admission.
blexon:
Hello house , please I don't know if anyone has successful applied in centennial college for 2023 intake?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by TradeSunMoore: 2:42pm On Jan 08, 2023
Thatbinigirl:
Good Morning Everyone
Please I need info about the sputum test..Do anyone know the email account IOM will send the results to once it's ready? The reason I'm asking is because I registered for my medical certificate with an email different from the one on my passport

Your prompt response will be highly appreciated�
The result will be ready after 8 weeks. But they will not send it. You will call to get the feedback and also schedule a final X ray 30 days after the sputum result. Once you clear the final xray your medical will be updated to pass. So call after 8 weeks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Leadforteservic: 2:51pm On Jan 08, 2023
That's a sweet airline. Download their app or visit their office if you're in Lagos to make payment.
FranklynJonin:
People that traveled through Qatar airways please how did you make payment?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Powermike8: 3:41pm On Jan 08, 2023
Greetings guys!

Please after your passport has been stamped by IRCC and returned to VFS for courier to Lagos through UPS. How long does it take UPS to delivery your passport.

Thanks guys.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Thatbinigirl(f): 3:52pm On Jan 08, 2023
TradeSunMoore:

The result will be ready after 8 weeks. But they will not send it. You will call to get the feedback and also schedule a final X ray 30 days after the sputum result. Once you clear the final xray your medical will be updated to pass. So call after 8 weeks
Thank you so much
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Thatbinigirl(f): 3:55pm On Jan 08, 2023
TradeSunMoore:

Plz what number will I call when it's out?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Rach622(f): 4:05pm On Jan 08, 2023
Good evening all. Please how much does it cost to order CBSA notes
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by FranklynJonin: 4:32pm On Jan 08, 2023
Where is their office located in Lagos?

Leadforteservic:
That's a sweet airline. Download their app or visit their office if you're in Lagos to make payment.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bullstriker: 4:34pm On Jan 08, 2023
You don’t have to, but close relatives like parents, siblings, spouses and children are preferable. For third-party sponsorship, the onus is on you to convince the VO why the person wants to spend such an amount on you. However, the company can pledge and transfer a specific amount to your account, then you or/and a close relative can take care of the rest.
kokoromaster9:

Thank you. So does this mean I’ve to submit POF of my parents and not some company’s account yeah?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ufoms(f): 4:41pm On Jan 08, 2023
Ehhhh....God let my own come ooo.
ahlorba:

Sept 2023
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Simti: 4:44pm On Jan 08, 2023
Dear nairalanders,
I hope we are all doing well?

Please, I need suggestions on my next point of action as regards my study application.

Here is my story,

I applied for a study permit on the 26th of March 2022 with my two years old daughter. I indicated that my husband and my two older children will be staying behind in Nigeria pending my return. I did an upfront medical before I submitted the application.

In the process, I noticed that my medicals was updated in a pending visitors application I did with my husband in 2020 which till now has not been attended to probably because of the applications had the same name but my daughter's own was updated correctly.

Fast forward to the 12th of september, 2022 I got a medical request from IRCC. I also got another update on the 13th of september I.e the next day of a passport request. I actually thought that my medicals have been seen hence the passport request.

I acted upon sending my upfront medical slip to IRCC through the webform and went ahead to submit my passport to IRCC on the 15th of September 2022.

I did not receive an update from IRCC for almost two months until the 25th of November when I got a refusal correspondence stating two reasons:
1. My stay not being consistent with a temporary stay in Canada
2. My course of study not being in line with career/ previous education.

I was really devastated to say the least. My passport was returned to me unprocessed. I sent a message to them severally about my situation and I got a reply on the 15th of December that the application is still in process. I really do not understand.

I have made steps to request for the CBSA notes which I am yet to receive. My course has started so I am thinking on starting online to enable me hold on to the admission as I cannot defer anymore.
I am thinking for them to have requested my passport, I probably still have a shot with this application so losing the admission may be detrimental to me.

What do you guys think? I really need advice pls. I have not heard back from IRCC and I do know if the application is truly still in process as they said because my status still shows refused.

I really need advice as I am about to make financial commitments for the spring term cos the payment deadline is fast approaching.

If I decide to reapply again, can I change my intended course of study as my first degree was a bachelors in Economics and I was going in for a second degree in bachelors of public health more like an after degree program which runs for two years.

I explained why I was changing careers in my SOP and all.

What really puzzles me is why will IRCC request for my passport and still refuse my application based on my course of study?

I am really confused. Any ideas on what i can do?
Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by sos123: 5:05pm On Jan 08, 2023
Thanks as always bro. Which email address did you send it to please?

johnstan:

I wouldn't call it disturb really. I waited for a week after ppr and it didn't drop on my portal, I sent an email and I got it within an hr.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by AyoDeeeee: 5:06pm On Jan 08, 2023
Please i have a question, i would be travelling to Sasktoon February ending and about to book flights.

My study duration is 18month
1. Must i book for a return flight?
2. Which flight is pocket friendly for those with only Nigerian passport and no other visa expect CAD study permit.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ufoms(f): 5:32pm On Jan 08, 2023
Good day to everyone. I want to make enquiry concerning this Canadian visa proof of fund issue. Can my sibling be my major sponsor? Am married and will want to apply along with my hubby. Do u think that will work out? Husband is just salary earner. Advice please. Thank u.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Tgbengus151(m): 5:36pm On Jan 08, 2023
A return ticket is not compulsory but if you aim at getting PTA, you will need it.

I would suggest Ethiopian airlines or Egyptair.

AyoDeeeee:
Please i have a question, i would be travelling to Sasktoon February ending and about to book flights.

My study duration is 18month
1. Must i book for a return flight?
2. Which flight is pocket friendly for those with only Nigerian passport and no other visa expect CAD study permit.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Tgbengus151(m): 5:39pm On Jan 08, 2023
Definitely, your sibling can be your sponsor. He/she needs to show a solid bank statement, letter of sponsorship and/or affidavit of support, document relating to his/her work/business, prove to show that you guys are truly related like same surname/family tree etc.

ufoms:
Good day to everyone. I want to make enquiry concerning this Canadian visa proof of fund issue. Can my sibling be my major sponsor? Am married and will want to apply along with my hubby. Do u think that will work out? Husband is just salary earner. Advice please. Thank u.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Kizito55: 5:41pm On Jan 08, 2023
Good Evening All, I would like to apply for schooling in Canada. I would be going for post graduate diploma because I graduate with a 3.0/5.0. I applied for NAIT earlier last year, but I couldn't continue with it because I had not put a reasonable amount in my account in support with family members as proof of funds for my program in presentation to the immigration. I had only 4weeks before I meet, so I had to defer.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Tgbengus151(m): 5:42pm On Jan 08, 2023
You're welcome. Amen. And you too.

All the best.

Iamtombrown:
@Tgbengus151
Thank you very much and may God bless you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Lilkalifaa: 5:43pm On Jan 08, 2023
Hello House!

This platform has been very helpful throughout my student visa application process. I documented my visa application journey from medicals to having to deffer my admission because of IRCC late response.

I'd be sharing all my experience on my YouTube, maybe someone will find them helpful. Click the link below to watch the first video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ud9KvqaSofA

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Kizito55: 5:43pm On Jan 08, 2023
Right now, I would like to reapply for a college and my course of study (BSC) was Geology/Geophysics and I have an MBA in progress. I need your guidelines, schools I can apply to that are not expensive or have scholarship applicable.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by nixymax(f): 5:46pm On Jan 08, 2023
_Hello everyone, and happy new year!_

A room in a 2 bedroom, 1 bathroom apartment, fully furnished, is available for rent to a prospective female occupant.

*Location*: Around Westmount, NW, Edmonton Alberta.

*Perks*: Proximity to bus station [walking distance to Westmount Transit Centre], easy bus routes, walking distance to major grocery stores, and very centrally located.

*Rental period*: 7 months

*Security deposit*: $250

*Monthly rent*: $650 [All bills inclusive]

*Move in date*: February 1st, 2023

Important things to note:
>> No pets �
>> No smoking �
>> Be neat and peaceful �
>> You will have to get your own mattress �

Interested
Please, text or chat on WhatsApp:

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by kweje: 5:59pm On Jan 08, 2023
Hello Fam,
Any one got admission into University of Winnipeg or studying there?.
My neice is applying for Public Relations & Strategic Communications Diploma - it is a Post Graduate diploma course under their PACE (Professional, Applied & Continuing Education) programs.

The school is requesting for English test.
Is their a waiver to this as Nigeria is not on their EXEMPT LIST.
OR those who got admission there or schooling their also submitted an english test?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 6:09pm On Jan 08, 2023
Simti:
Dear nairalanders,
I hope we are all doing well?

Please, I need suggestions on my next point of action as regards my study application.

Here is my story,

I applied for a study permit on the 26th of March 2022 with my two years old daughter. I indicated that my husband and my two older children will be staying behind in Nigeria pending my return. I did an upfront medical before I submitted the application.

In the process, I noticed that my medicals was updated in a pending visitors application I did with my husband in 2020 which till now has not been attended to probably because of the applications had the same name but my daughter's own was updated correctly.

Fast forward to the 12th of september, 2022 I got a medical request from IRCC. I also got another update on the 13th of september I.e the next day of a passport request. I actually thought that my medicals have been seen hence the passport request.

I acted upon sending my upfront medical slip to IRCC through the webform and went ahead to submit my passport to IRCC on the 15th of September 2022.

I did not receive an update from IRCC for almost two months until the 25th of November when I got a refusal correspondence stating two reasons:
1. My stay not being consistent with a temporary stay in Canada
2. My course of study not being in line with career/ previous education.

I was really devastated to say the least. My passport was returned to me unprocessed. I sent a message to them severally about my situation and I got a reply on the 15th of December that the application is still in process. I really do not understand.

I have made steps to request for the CBSA notes which I am yet to receive. My course has started so I am thinking on starting online to enable me hold on to the admission as I cannot defer anymore.
I am thinking for them to have requested my passport, I probably still have a shot with this application so losing the admission may be detrimental to me.

What do you guys think? I really need advice pls. I have not heard back from IRCC and I do know if the application is truly still in process as they said because my status still shows refused.

I really need advice as I am about to make financial commitments for the spring term cos the payment deadline is fast approaching.

If I decide to reapply again, can I change my intended course of study as my first degree was a bachelors in Economics and I was going in for a second degree in bachelors of public health more like an after degree program which runs for two years.

I explained why I was changing careers in my SOP and all.

What really puzzles me is why will IRCC request for my passport and still refuse my application based on my course of study?

I am really confused. Any ideas on what i can do?
Thank you.

I think you just have to wait for your notes to come to know exactly what it was rejected after PPR, the reason for rejection are things that can be tackled.

if you have the funds, you can involve an immigration lawyer to help ascertain what went wrong. Or you can just reapply but only after you have seen your notes.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by TradeSunMoore: 6:25pm On Jan 08, 2023
Thatbinigirl:

Plz what number will I call when it's out?
It over 2 years ago , I do not Abuja IOM number anymore. But check on the website for either Lagos or Abuja IOM phone contact.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by pufframmy: 6:32pm On Jan 08, 2023
will be interested also

Elixosodi:
Greetings!

Please is there a group for Conestoga college? WhatsApp or telegram group kindly share the group link with me. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by emmyoddy: 7:13pm On Jan 08, 2023
Please can you share the telegram or Whatsapp link with me?
Thanks

quote author=Jojocrawch post=119794629]

Brilliant response and I’ll take your advice regarding the land documents, what are your thoughts on tuition deposits even when the school did not require them?

Every single whatssapp group, telegram group I know
the vast majority of applicants who got their study permit approved were all going for masters program.

[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by pufframmy: 7:17pm On Jan 08, 2023
add me o
Elixosodi:
Greetings!

Please is there a group for Conestoga college? WhatsApp or telegram group kindly share the group link with me. Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (708) (709) (710) (711) (712) (713) (714) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.