Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,582 members, 7,820,104 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:47 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (709) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1226127 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (706) (707) (708) (709) (710) (711) (712) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Tee1991: 6:27pm On Jan 07, 2023
Thank you so much. I really appreciate your answer.
Leadforteservic:
Technical glitch. Most times eligibility review can begin in background without updating on your application status and many got PPR with their eligibility review not started on status

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Iamtombrown: 6:30pm On Jan 07, 2023
Hello house,once again I’m here,please don’t get tired of me o sha.
Anyway I want to start my visa app and I’m confused because I’ve read earlier threads and some talk about letter of employment and the rest.
Meanwhile I’ve not worked before omor,I’m still young,please aside;
1.POF
2.Letter of sponsorship
3.Acceptance letter.
4.bio page of passport
5.statement of purpose
6.Barcode page and passport pictures.
Please is there something I need else please?
I’m new to everything please.
And please can anyone help in reviewing my SOP please.
It would be very appreciated and a timely response as well.
God bless every work everyone here is doing and helping.
May Allah continue to bless everyone and May those of us starting our app receive good news as well as those who have travelled and those willing to take the step.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by danowena: 6:30pm On Jan 07, 2023
Jojocrawch:

Brilliant response and I’ll take your advice regarding the land documents, what are your thoughts on tuition deposits even when the school did not require them?

Every single whatssapp group, telegram group I know
the vast majority of applicants who got their study permit approved were all going for masters program.
?

Hello, can u help with a good WhatsApp group
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Tgbengus151(m): 6:39pm On Jan 07, 2023
That's such an outrageous amount. I would advise you to check up for samples of these deed of gift online, download several formats and just tailor it to your taste. After this, you can print it out and take it to the high court or notary public to have it stamped.

I did the deed of gift I used in my application by myself and only spent #1500 to get it notarized. Although it was a monetary deed of gift and not for Landed property. I can send you my format I remodified myself and you can find a way to personalise it with your own information.

Cuppycak3:
Thanks I appreciate your response
Please here’s my contact 08037631874 can you message me on WhatsApp the contact of the lawyer cuz the one I saw is telling me 300k for a gift deed for one of my dad’s property to be in my name and he is saying the deed has to be registered hence the price please I’ll love to know if anyone else has experienced this thanks.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Tgbengus151(m): 6:43pm On Jan 07, 2023
Basically the difference is the availability of information. Some of these agents are quite good in this while some are still a novice, so it depends on who your agent is. To me, if you pay enough attention here, ask questions, dedicate time to read previous threads, you will get a solid information regarding the whole study visa application and you can decide to DIY.

Nevertheless, even if you use the service of an agent, ensure that you're actively involved in it as well because some of them sef no sabi. Na just hustle to dem. So don't be left in the dark or just leave everything in the hands of the agent.

Winnerpoks:
Hi guys, someone asked me for the difference between using an Agent and doing it yourself, who knows the difference between both? He wants to use Maple consult but it's way to expensive for him, do these agents add any special flavour to the application or what exactly is the difference?

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by HazeeyzaH(f): 7:03pm On Jan 07, 2023
Tee1991:
Please, I have a question.

My eligibility Started on the 29th of December.
But I checked it now and it has reverted to the way it was before. That is pre-eligibility.

Please, do you know why it stopped?

I really don't know. It didnt happen during my application so i have no idea why.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ANGELAFELIX: 7:03pm On Jan 07, 2023
Good evening everyone
Please how do I request for my letter of introduction through webform

It’s been months since I got visa but no LOI
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by HazeeyzaH(f): 7:04pm On Jan 07, 2023
Tgbengus151:
That's such an outrageous amount. I would advise you to check up for samples of these deed of gift online, download several formats and just tailor it to your taste. After this, you can print it out and take it to the high court or notary public to have it stamped.

I did the deed of gift I used in my application by myself and only spent #1500 to get it notarized. Although it was a monetary deed of gift and not for Landed property. I can send you my format I remodified myself and you can find a way to personalise it with your own information.

Exactly same amount i did mine... i typed and printed it then took it to ikeja high court to get it notarized.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Victoryokondu: 7:34pm On Jan 07, 2023
Hello guys, I need suggestions on sponsoring my sister to come to canada via study. I’m in canada myself so I will be sending the whole amount to her and I’m thinking of doing a gc investment account for her. How do I explain this that it would fly? I don’t want to stand as her sponsor. Will a deed of gift fly? She is coming in for a one year program so I want to give her the whole amount for the one year plus living expenses. She is coming in for a graduate certificate in business analysis or accounting. I want to know if it will be possible to do that or should I just send the money to her in Nigeria and it sits in her account for a while?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ANGELAFELIX: 7:46pm On Jan 07, 2023
ANGELAFELIX:
Good evening everyone
Please how do I request for my letter of introduction through webform

It’s been months since I got visa but no LOI

Anyone?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Tgbengus151(m): 8:35pm On Jan 07, 2023
That's just it. Did it in the same Ikeja High court axis.

HazeeyzaH:

Exactly same amount i did mine... i typed and printed it then took it to ikeja high court to get it notarized.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Tgbengus151(m): 8:37pm On Jan 07, 2023
By requesting for it. Because you would surely need it when you're here at the port of entry before receiving your study permit.

Keep sending them webforms/mails regarding it and I believe it will drop on your portal.

ANGELAFELIX:

Anyone?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Drepee: 9:01pm On Jan 07, 2023
Accessed:

Thanks...

I was just preparing to send webform nextweek for upfront medical to be updated.

Funny enough i had notified the school i was starting online since i already registered for courses. Congratulations bro...are you going for January intake ? Also was your medicals was updated the same day you got ppr?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by blexon: 9:02pm On Jan 07, 2023
ahlorba:
I just got admitted to study at centennial college but I was asked to make a deposit payment of $2,650 to hold a seat and receive acceptance letter. I want to know if after the payment and I received my acceptance letter I'll be able to pend the remaining tuition fee until I get to Canada or I'll be required to complete some of the tuition fee before leaving Nigeria

Please which intake did you apply for, because I got a response from them, that they have not started for sept 2023
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by blexon: 9:05pm On Jan 07, 2023
Hello house , please I don't know if anyone has successful applied in centennial college for 2023 intake?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by sos123: 9:34pm On Jan 07, 2023
Heya! has your LOI dropped? I received my passport yesterday but no LOI till now. I know we submitted same time.

HazeeyzaH:

Please how did you get your UPS tracking number??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by sos123: 9:36pm On Jan 07, 2023
Hello Angela, have you received your LOI?

ANGELAFELIX:

Anyone?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ChiPromise: 9:51pm On Jan 07, 2023
sos123:
Heya! has your LOI dropped? I received my passport yesterday but no LOI till now. I know we submitted same time.

I wonder why the delay? I've received LOI yesterday shortly after dispatch message. I haven't even been contacted for collection.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Victoryokondu: 9:51pm On Jan 07, 2023
Victoryokondu:
Hello guys, I need suggestions on sponsoring my sister to come to canada via study. I’m in canada myself so I will be sending the whole amount to her and I’m thinking of doing a gc investment account for her. How do I explain this that it would fly? I don’t want to stand as her sponsor. Will a deed of gift fly? She is coming in for a one year program so I want to give her the whole amount for the one year plus living expenses. She is coming in for a graduate certificate in business analysis or accounting. I want to know if it will be possible to do that or should I just send the money to her in Nigeria and it sits in her account for a while?

Someone should reply please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by onyekachee(f): 10:06pm On Jan 07, 2023
Winnerpoks:
Hi guys, someone asked me for the difference between using an Agent and doing it yourself, who knows the difference between both? He wants to use Maple consult but it's way to expensive for him, do these agents add any special flavour to the application or what exactly is the difference?
i used maple but still got denied,no be by agent
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Queenfavi: 10:06pm On Jan 07, 2023
please has anyone applied for Canada study visa from the UK
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Army2022: 10:07pm On Jan 07, 2023
Victoryokondu:
If you pay her complete one-year school fees and also pay in gic, that will be excellent.
She'll be a self sponsor.
You can do a gift deed just for her flight tickets.
Congratulations to your sister in advance.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bullstriker: 11:56pm On Jan 07, 2023
Army2022:

If you pay her complete one-year school fees and also pay in gic, that will be excellent.
She'll be a self sponsor.
You can do a gift deed just for her flight tickets.
Congratulations to your sister in advance.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bullstriker: 11:57pm On Jan 07, 2023
If money is not an issue, you can pay her complete tuition fee and do a GIC for her living expenses.

OR
Pay her tuition fee
Send money to her account with a gift deed

OR
Pay her tuition fee
And use your account to sponsor her. Having a relative in Canada does not mean the application will be refused. So, if she can demonstrate ties in Nigeria, the latter will not be an issue. You can refer to my response below to @jjohndoe83 regarding ties, as his situation is similar to yours.

Don’t pay too much attention to proof of funds and forget other aspects of the application.
Victoryokondu:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bullstriker: 11:58pm On Jan 07, 2023
bullstriker:
I will suggest ways to show home ties even with family members in Canada and in no way condone your statement to lie to IRCC.
In addition to the points made by @Bobomaigida, your sister can get a job and use the job as a tie when she is ready to apply if she can demonstrate she intends to return to her job. This can be effectively shown by having her employer grant her a leave of absence. She must also have a written letter requesting a leave of absence. Where she is self-employed, she can register her business now and provide evidence that it has been in operation before the registration day. Proofs could be in pictures, invoices, receipts and communications with suppliers and customers. Also, she needs to demonstrate who takes over the management of the business to oversee its operations in her absence till she returns to take over.

Financial buoyancy is a home tie. Document her assets, if any, and prepare an excellent financial table of funds required based on the IRCC's criteria and show what she can provide in terms of available funds; ensure she has more than the minimum requirement and be realistic, using the actual budgetary cost of rent and living expenses for the city she would be living, this goes to demonstrate that she has done her research and is aware of the expenses of her temporary stay in Canada and that she has available and sufficient funds to take care of her expenses. It's acceptable if these funds are a gift from her siblings. A gift deed will be required.

Again, as mentioned by @Bobomaigida, letters from an association, clubs, and volunteers stating she is an active member; and pictures of events she has attended.

Now, For Canada, the applicant has two siblings. The applicant has a sibling for Nigeria and a job/business, assets, and support networks. Where is the “pull factor” stronger? The onus is on her to argue this in her SoP. Ensure the SoP flow with a logical sequence so as not to create doubt. I am sure you can build on these and other points others have proffered here.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Accessed: 1:32am On Jan 08, 2023
Accessed:
To God be the Glory!

Its PPR.

First Time Applicant (DIY)

Submitted Nov 28th.

Learned a lot here.

Ultimate thanks to God for this.

Thumbs up to Makano and others like Johnstan for their help. Special thanks to Oloking for breaking down his success here...i was silently sapping up all the learning points in his expose. Thanks guys!!

I will drop my details soon.

Okay guys, here is my timeline

Application Submitted : Nov 28th
Biometrics Completed: Dec 2nd
Upfront Medical: Sep 15th
Upfront Medical Updated: Jan 6th
BVL: Jan 6th
PPR: Jan 6th

Never sent any webforms, even though i was planning to send updated LOA and upfront medical next week.

First time applicant. Thanks to all the gurus helping out here! Spent almost 8 months following the thread and the previous one.

Self Sponsored

Documents Submitted
LOA
SOP - 10 Pages
Landed Properties Docs
Cars' Particulars
Acknowledgement of tuition payment for 1 year (Course of study is for 2 years)
GIC 10K CAD
5 months Statement of Account (MBS) for 2 Personal accounts (N14M)
4 months SOA 1 business account (jointly owned with spouse)
Business Registration Docs
Liquidated Fixed Deposit certificates. Had to liquidate 2 fixed deposits totalling N8M into my account the month i applied. (lumpsums were explained in my SOP)
5 Month Payslips for me
4 Month Payslips from Spouse
Letter of Reference from my Employer
Several Promotion letters
Letter of Reference from Bank
Reference Letter for Pension Statement (N14M)
Marriage Certs and Birth certificates for kids.
Police Character Cert
Pets Care Cards (2)
Reference Letter from CDA
Affidavit of Support from Spouse
Affidavit of Return
Stamped PP indicating Previous Trip and Refusals

Dear Gurus, My Programme starts nextweek, though i have registered my courses for the semester already and indicated that i'd join virtually because of the expected PPR delay. My LOA indicates that i can do 40% of the programme virtually. Can I still run the whole of or substantial part of the first semester virtually now that i have my PPR and travel afterwards without consequences? Hope I wont have issues if i arrive at the airport in Canada after the first semester?

12 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 1:48am On Jan 08, 2023
Accessed:

Never sent any webforms, even though i was planning to send updated LOA and upfront medical next week.

First time applicant. Thanks to all the gurus helping out here! Spent almost 8 months following the thread and the previous one.

Self Sponsored

Documents Submitted
LOA
SOP - 10 Pages
Landed Properties Docs
Cars' Particulars
GIC 10K CAD
Liquidated Fixed Deposit certificates. Had to liquidate 2 fixed deposits totalling N8M into my account the month i applied. (lumpsums were explained in my SOP)
5 Month Payslips for me
Police Character Cert
Pets Care Cards (2)
Affidavit of Return

Dear Gurus, My Programme starts nextweek, though i have registered my courses for the semester already and indicated that i'd join virtually because of the expected PPR delay. My LOA indicates that i can do 40% of the programme virtually. Can I still run the whole of or substantial part of the first semester virtually now that i have my PPR and travel afterwards without consequences? Hope I wont have issues if i arrive at the airport in Canada after the first semester?

Congratulations once again.

Taking part of your program online used to affect the length of PGWP you can get but not sure if this is still the case. Note that your study permit will only be issued at POE in Canada and not virtually and it is usually valid from when you enter till the end of your studies (if the study permit is less than 2 yrs in length, it might affect your PGWP, again I'm not sure if this is still the case).
To be on the safe side, just arrange and arrive timely when it is convenient for you and don't take all your first semester online.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Adeiyanu3: 1:54am On Jan 08, 2023
Congratulations to people with good news and for people hoping to have a good news too, it will end in praise.

I need help on SOP examples so as to draft mine.

Kindly help send to Ade_iyanu@yahoo.com

I am super grateful� in advance.

And if you can reply here for the benefit of others in my condition, please do.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bullstriker: 3:03am On Jan 08, 2023
IRCC has temporary policies that allow international students to take programs online and still be eligible for PGWP. You can complete up to 50% of your course online, and it will be counted towards PGWP up until August 31, 2023. So, you can complete your first semester in Nigeria and arrive in Canada for the second semester. IRCC implemented these policies due to the impact of COVID-19 on international students and Canadian institutions.
Accessed:

Self Sponsored

Documents Submitted
LOA
SOP - 10 Pages
Landed Properties Docs
Cars' Particulars
GIC 10K CAD
5 Month Payslips for me
Police Character Cert
Pets Care Cards (2)
Affidavit of Return

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Victoryokondu: 4:43am On Jan 08, 2023
bullstriker:
If money is not an issue, you can pay her complete tuition fee and do a GIC for her living expenses.

OR
Pay her tuition fee
Send money to her account with a gift deed

OR
Pay her tuition fee
And use your account to sponsor her. Having a relative in Canada does not mean the application will be
refused. So, if she can demonstrate ties in Nigeria, the latter will not be an issue. You can refer to my response below to @jjohndoe83 regarding ties, as his situation is similar to yours.

Don’t pay too much attention to proof of funds and forget other aspects of the application.

Thanks a lot guys
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by danowena: 6:00am On Jan 08, 2023
Hello Guru's in the house,

Please will getting funding such as scholarship /bursary affect my application even if i still show proof of adequate fund? Will it be seen as not being capable of the fees hence application for the scholarship?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (706) (707) (708) (709) (710) (711) (712) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.