Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,951 members, 7,810,636 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:30 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (74) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1212395 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CharitoJames(f): 2:36pm On Aug 13, 2022
Ebite2000:
Hi Gurus, please how does the letter of introduction thing work? So far I have only the PPR mail. I haven't received the LOI yet.

Has your passport been Stamped? I think that’s when you get LOi... after stamping
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ANGELAREE: 2:37pm On Aug 13, 2022
I’ve been asking for months now
Please if there’s a WhatsApp group for conestoga college someone should post it please
Nairaland is an amazing community but having aspiring students like you that you can communicate about school stuff is also nice
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CharitoJames(f): 2:38pm On Aug 13, 2022
tolupe1:

Wait, Monday to Thursday? 4 days? WOWZA. Pls how much did he pay?

10,400... 9410 and 990 to VFS.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CharitoJames(f): 2:40pm On Aug 13, 2022
geekly44:
hi everyone, please do you get a notification when your eligibility or medical has been updated.
please

No mails... you just login and see Application/ Profile updated

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 2:47pm On Aug 13, 2022
Ketima:

Hello kichi,

You may need to be specific. Living expenses (for 1year) alone will engulf around 3.2m and you're left with only 2.4m of which can only be possible you're to to 1 year PGD course at memorial university. Outside that and for a 2 year course, that will not be enough.

Then as per fixing it, I advise you leave it in your account. IRCC believes in the availability and accessibility of the fund. There is always that notion that money fixed isn't applicants money unless you present enough convincing documents for it and why it was fixed in the place

I believe her 5.6mm should be enough if she is able to show source of income to take care second year living expenses if her programme is more than 1 year.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 2:57pm On Aug 13, 2022
ANGELAREE:
I’ve been asking for months now
Please if there’s a WhatsApp group for conestoga college someone should post it please
Nairaland is an amazing community but having aspiring students like you that you can communicate about school stuff is also nice
Thank you.

Hi Angelaree, you might not get this group here, I will advise you get PPR first, them look for other PPR holders or reach out to existing students of the college for further communications.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by wandeykul(f): 3:02pm On Aug 13, 2022
Deronke1:
So I realised I didn't even share my timeline.
I'm just asking questions upon questions abeg make Una no vex. It's anxiousness.

2nd time applicant with spouse.
Submitted June 10th
Biometrics updated as per 2nd time applying
Medicals updated on July 16th
PPR August 11th

Please, I sent you a mail. I would like to get mentorship from you. I want to apply with my spouse too. Can I please have your number so i can reach you. Thank you

I might be too brief in explaining my timeline, I'm open to questions.

Please help me too, they are requesting for biometrics fee again? Is that how it usually is after ppr?
Will I pay again?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by wandeykul(f): 3:03pm On Aug 13, 2022
Deronke1:
So I realised I didn't even share my timeline.
I'm just asking questions upon questions abeg make Una no vex. It's anxiousness.

2nd time applicant with spouse.
Submitted June 10th
Biometrics updated as per 2nd time applying
Medicals updated on July 16th
PPR August 11th

I might be too brief in explaining my timeline, I'm open to questions.

Please help me too, they are requesting for biometrics fee again? Is that how it usually is after ppr?
Will I pay again?

Please, I sent you a mail. I would like to get mentorship from you. I want to apply with my spouse too. Can I please have your number so i can reach you. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Shayo5: 3:32pm On Aug 13, 2022
yes, but she did not show you application number and UCI number probably cos of size. If this is your account the application is still within standard processing time and it has not been denied.

bucceryor:
Good morning everyone,
Please is this what the application page looks like? And the agent was forced to send this after I kept pushing back to back. Thanks and congratulations to all those that have received their ppr
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ttummee: 4:01pm On Aug 13, 2022
hello everyone,

which colleges are best for business analytics or data analysis for a postgraduate diploma in canada.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ttummee: 4:04pm On Aug 13, 2022
hello everyone,

For someone who wants to transition into data analytics. What universities with low tuition fees would you recommend.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by JustMellow: 5:06pm On Aug 13, 2022
ttummee:
hello everyone,

which colleges are best for business analytics or data analysis for a postgraduate diploma in canada.

Hello Ttummee,

The following colleges listed below can be considered for your postgraduate study.

• Humber College
• Lambton College
• George Brown College
• Algonquin College
• Centennial College

Success is all I wish You!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Riababe: 5:27pm On Aug 13, 2022
Good Day Everyone,

Did anyone here who has recently travelled through Ethiopian Airline or any other from Lagos to Canada provide Yellow Fever Vaccination Card aka Yellow Card?

I will like to know the list of documents required to board. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Whitenaira2014: 6:18pm On Aug 13, 2022
Joseph is my name

tolupe1:

Tomike is my name. Kindly add me to your prayer list. July applicant, second application, September resumption.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Gigdraft: 6:31pm On Aug 13, 2022
bucceryor:
Good morning everyone,
Please is this what the application page looks like? My agent sent me this after pressing so hard for a screenshot. Is it genuine and should I just hold or ask her to hand things over. I gave her all the required documents since March and she just submitted on June 30th after a lot of troubling from me
Hello Bucceryor,

The screenshot in question is more of a dashboard. It is an interface that updates you on the status of your application.

From the screenshot, I could denote the application was submitted and it is in progress.

Can't wait to celebrate with you!

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Gigdraft: 6:33pm On Aug 13, 2022
ebyprecy:

THANK YOU JESUS!!! PPR ALERT!!!
God has finally done it for Myself and my Brother. He got his PPR last week Wednesday. My PPR Finally Dropped Today.

TIMELINE
Study Permit Application.
Application - April 12th and April 13th (For both of Us)
Biometrics - April 26th
Medical Upfront - May 5th
Medical Updated to pass - May 15th
Eligibility - Not exactly sure
PPR for my Brother - August 3rd
PPR for Myself - August 12th

DOCUMENTS
WAEC
DIPLOMA CERTIFICATE
BSC CERTIFICATE
ACADEMIC TRANSCRIPTS
PARENTS CAC CERTIFICATE
PARENT MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE
SPONSORSHIP LETTER FROM MY DAD
REFERENCE LETTER FROM WORK
MYBANK STATEMENT OF MY DAD
INT PASSPORT
POLICE CERTIFICATE
IELTS FOR MYSELF
BIRTH CERTIFICATE
ACCEPTANCE LETTER
TELEX/SWIFT COPY/EVIDENCE OF SCHOOL FEES
LETTER OF EXPLANATION/SOP - 1 Page lol
BIRTH CERTIFICATE OF 2 OF MY SISTERS WHO ALREADY LIVE IN CANADA

To Everyone still expecting their PPR, I pray that the God who did it for us will do it for you too.
Don't Loose Hope, Just keep Praying; TRUST GOD! TRUST GOD! TRUST IN GOD!!!

Congratulations
This is a typical example of my favorite post. Thank you for making me happy, and congratulations!

Now, who's next?

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ekanDamie: 6:39pm On Aug 13, 2022
Anyone knowledgeable on here about Canadian colleges and can help me apply to schools for a fee...
Pls DM/quote me.

I'm not necessarily asking for an agent, but someone who knows the ropes and can help apply to schools, the Visa stage till when I get there and pay the school feed n such.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bullstriker: 6:47pm On Aug 13, 2022
Jan 2023 Start date

Postgraduate Certificate
Graduate Certificate - Information Systems Business Analysis
Ontario, Canada
Tuition
$14,382.00 CAD

Postgraduate Certificate
Graduate Certificate - Technical Systems Analysis (Co-op)
Fanshawe College
London, Ontario, Canada
Tuition
$15,192.00 CAD

May 2023 start date

Postgraduate Certificate
Graduate Certificate - I.T. Business Analysis Cambrian College
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
Tuition
$11,706.00 CAD

Let me know if you need assistance applying to these programs
ttummee:
hello everyone,

For someone who wants to transition into data analytics. What universities with low tuition fees would you recommend.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by AOROGBEM: 6:48pm On Aug 13, 2022
[quote author=WiZiggy post=115393800] please help too, Windsor Ontario [

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bullstriker: 6:51pm On Aug 13, 2022
Send me a message. I will help you apply at no cost
ekanDamie:
Anyone knowledgeable on here about Canadian colleges and can help me apply to schools for a fee...
Pls DM/quote me.

I'm not necessarily asking for an agent, but someone who knows the ropes and can help apply to schools, the Visa stage till when I get there and pay the school feed n such.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by kinkyhead: 6:52pm On Aug 13, 2022
That Lebanese though... bad guyangry
Thank God you scale thru. And you landed finally grin. Dey read wella, i dey come Jan so you guide me. Canada land will favor you!

CentennialGuy:
Landing Gist - Lagos to Toronto Via EgyptAir. August 9 - 10, 2022.

LAGOS AIRPORT
I got to the Lagos Airport around 8:30am. My flight was for 2pm. I had to give the security guys at the entrance 1k for them to allow my people go in with me. After my luggages went through the scanner, I gave the immigration officers that were suppose to do manual check after the scanner 1k so l can move on. Then I proceeded to Agriculture where I opened one of the luggage that had some food item for them to check. They checked and told me to go. Then I proceeded to EgyptAir stand.

EgyptAir didn't start on time for us because there were some Nigerians going on pilgrimage to Jerusalem via Egypt that they were attending to. They were the majority on our flight to Cairo. Anyways, by 10am I had cleared the EgyptAir check and checked in my bags. They weren't overweight. They asked for ArriveCan, Acceptance Letter, Enrollment Letter and School Fees Receipt.

By 10:30am, my people left and I proceeded to immigration. I was given yellow card by EgyptAir which I filled and I dropped with the immigration officers. Then I proceeded to the scanner where we will drop our carry on bags, laptops, phones, keys etc in a bowl to pass through the scanner. Now, I had the scariest moment of my life at this point. I shared this experience with family members only before now. I decided to share with you guys so you can learn from the experience. Always hold your Passport with you!

At the point of the scanner the immigration officer there asked us to put all our things in the bowl including our passport. It was just me and one Arab guy, possibly Lebanese. He could speak Yoruba and was dashing immigration guys money. So we placed our things in Separate bowls and I went ahead through the scanner but he didn't go through the scanner. The immigration officer asked him to come and he did manual check for him and he let him go.

So I exited the scanner to go collect my things. I wore my shoes, picked up my glasses, phones, wallet and Passport. Passport? My passport with the boarding pass was no where to be found. It was missing! At that moment, it felt like my world has ended and that village people caught up with me. I was in disarray and I started shouting. In the process of shouting, I kept saying it was me and the Arab guy that came to that point together and now my Passport is missing. One of the senior immigration officers approached me and asked me which guy. I turned round and and pointed at him just before he exited that place and be gone forever! The officer approached him. I don't know what he told him because I wasn't looking as I was still in disarray and lo and behold, my Passport and boarding pass resurfaced! The excuse I got is that he also has a Nigerian Passport and he mistakenly took mine. Yet his own passport was still with him. I don't buy that story but all good. God saved and delivered me already. I collected my Passport and left. Whew!

All through the rest of the journey, I held my Passport with me till I exited Toronto Pearson Airport in Canada.

CAIRO AIRPORT.
We got to Cairo around 9pm Cairo time which is 8pm Nigerian time. The Airport is bigger and finer than MMA. A bus took us to Terminal 3 and it was a long walk combined with lift and escalators to get to gate F where will be boarding to Toronto. We waited around for another 3 hours before we started boarding and took off to Toronto around 2am. They only checked our passport, boarding pass and ArriveCan here. I showed them theArriveCan receipt on the phone as the lady in Lagos had taken the only copy I printed. It was a smooth 11.5hrs journey to Toronto. The plane is alot bigger than the one that took us from Lagos to Cairo. Comfy ride all through.

TORONTO PEARSON AIRPORT
We landed in Toronto around 8am Toronto time. Now, this airport is huge. And fine and well layed out. The walk to the self service kiosk is also long but we got there. I had done my declaration ahead in the ArriveCan, so I was pretty quick at the service kiosk. I scanned my Passport, machine took my photograph and printed my receipt. We were taken to the place where will collect our study permit. Our letter of Introduction was collected and we were told to sit down. They called us one after the other. You will enter the office, the border officer will collect your passport, check your info on the system, check your visa and stamp your passport. Then your study permit will be given to you. No questions asked.
I proceeded to baggage claim. When I got there, I asked one of the officers which carousel could be carrying the baggages from EgyptAir because the carousels were so many that I didn't want to be going one by one to check. He asked his colleague on his walkie talkie. He said Carousel 7, I went there. Found my bags in 7 and then in 6. Took the train within the airport to get to Terminal 3 where the car that came to get me was parked and I was on my way.

FOOD AND ENTERTAINMENT ON THE FLIGHT.
The food was Okay. Although the Rice, chicken and sauce from Cairo to Toronto was better than Lagos to Cairo. They served us twice Lagos to Cairo and 3 times on the flight from Cairo to Lagos. I filled my time with movies that I haven't watched before. And then a little sleep, a little prayers here and there and I didn't feel bored on the flight till we got to Toronto.

It was a great journey in general. I haven't gone out yet as I only arrived yesterday and I'm still on my bed right now. It's around 8am here. But from our drive from the airport to home, I will say Canada is beautiful. May all of us that desire it experience it all in Jesus name.

PS: Don't forget to come with your universal adapter. The picture attached is what their socket looks like. Buy the one that has USB port with it. It's about 4k.

Have a great day you all!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by AOROGBEM: 6:53pm On Aug 13, 2022
Bukicious:
Hello guys

Does anyone have an idea on how long IRCC gives a decision on Procedural fairness letter ?

I got a PFL in March for my study application while waiting for Passport Request.

I responded within the 15days given, but I am yet to be provided a decision. 5months now.

What’s the decision time anyone has experienced ?

Can I order GCMS note from Nigeria ?

Did you tackle the issue with the help of an immigration lawyer.. in same shoes too tho , no response since January

Literally confused
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by AOROGBEM: 6:57pm On Aug 13, 2022
@makano

Makano please can I get your contact details or email
I need Hlp please

Still didn’t get any response regarding my pfl issue since January

Literally confused at the moment
I need help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by AOROGBEM: 6:58pm On Aug 13, 2022
Kehmy:
Amen!!!

Thanks, Minister Makano cheesy cheesy
God bless you.

Makano please can I get your contact details or email
I need Hlp please

Still didn’t get any response regarding my pfl issue since January

Literally confused at the moment
I need help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by OmaleIsaac4(m): 7:18pm On Aug 13, 2022
Good day,
I recently got an admission into the University of Saskatchewan, and i got it through an agent but i'm kind of confused with the method he wants us to take please i need advise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by 2pretty4u(f): 7:26pm On Aug 13, 2022
Gigdraft:
Hello Bucceryor,

The screenshot in question is more of a dashboard. It is an interface that updates you on the status of your application.

From the screenshot, I could denote the application was submitted and it is in progress.

Hi Bucceryor, in addition to this why not ask the agent to also screen shot the lower part of your page, where your full name is showing with your application and UCI number to clear all doubts from you.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Tymally: 7:28pm On Aug 13, 2022
Gigdraft:
Hello Bucceryor,

The screenshot could have been from anyone's dashboard. Unless the applicant's name is included we can't say it belongs to the complainant.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by 2pretty4u(f): 7:29pm On Aug 13, 2022
Tymally:

The screenshot could have been from anyone's dashboard. Unless the applicant's name is included we can't say it belongs to the complainant.

My thoughts too, that is why I suggested what I wrote above.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bucceryor(f): 7:30pm On Aug 13, 2022
Amen
Fehgur:

It’s frustrating to be honest. I’m just hoping it ends in praise for all of us ��
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bucceryor(f): 7:31pm On Aug 13, 2022
My thoughts too. I've requested for my login details. I hope she hands it over soon.
Tymally:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bucceryor(f): 7:33pm On Aug 13, 2022
I will do that at once, thank you
2pretty4u:

Hi Bucceryor, in addition to this why not ask the agent to also screen shot the lower part of your page, where your full name is showing with your application and UCI number to clear all doubts from you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by olokings(m): 7:36pm On Aug 13, 2022
Unless @Bicceryor have the complete screenshot showing her name, UCI, App No. and biometrics, I still have huge doubts.

One can screen shot that portion and of the page without validating the owner at anytime.

Please conduct due diligence to confirm an application was submitted on your behalf

Gigdraft:
Hello Bucceryor,

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: Sandzy and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.