Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,950 members, 7,810,630 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:22 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (76) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1212383 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by makano: 11:31pm On Aug 13, 2022
Why not?

Even on sundays

Peace
Quiver:
Please I have a question, do people receive PPR's on Saturdays?

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bucceryor(f): 11:37pm On Aug 13, 2022
I feel you should try to cover your application number as suggested, or you remove the picture completely. Thanks
Fehgur:
@Bucceryor Did you get this submission confirmation after your agent claimed to have submitted your application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by makano: 11:38pm On Aug 13, 2022
Another agent wahala..

Why will someone keep details from the Original owner of the accounts they actually paid for..

Where is even the time to be keeping details of many applicants and monitoring their applications...

Apply for them and give them their login details so they can be following up with their applications, what's difficult in doing that...

Thats why I frown at anyone that calls me an agent, Guru is okay with me..

Guess your agent doesn't even know Jack, cos if he does, he will know that Medicals is valid for 12 months and he wont have told you to go do another Medical Examination.. All you need to do is to write IRCC informing them that you have done an Upfront Medicals earlier and make sure you attach your medical E-sheet with the
mail you will be sending..

Peace

Eziii:
Good morning,

Please I am quite new on here. My study permit started on the 30th May through an agent. It hasn’t really been a nice experience but it is well

Here is my current issue, both background, criminality and eligibility have been approved on my profile. I received a medical request yesterday of which I had done upfront at IOM on the 1st of August 2022 and it was confirmed to have been sent to IRCC on the 9th of August 2022

Now, my agent who seems to be really secretive about everything down to my log in details is insisting that I do another Medicals which I believe shouldn’t be so as they emphasized this during my Medicals at IOM

Please, any advice on what I can do because there are even no close dates, the earliest i see is September 16th and I have 30 days to complete the Medicals.

School resumes on the 6th of September

Thank you and may God grant our heart desires.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Eziii: 11:47pm On Aug 13, 2022
makano:
Another agent wahala..

Why will someone keep details from the Original owner of the accounts they actually paid for..

Where is even the time to be keeping details of many applicants and monitoring their applications...

Apply for them and give them their login details so they can be following up with their applications, what's difficult in doing that...

Thats why I frown at anyone that calls me an agent, Guru is okay with me..

Guess your agent doesn't even know Jack, cos if he does, he wont have told you to go do another Medical Examination.. All you need to do is to write IRCC informing them that you have done an Upfront Medicals earlier and make sure you attach your medical E-sheet with the
mail you will be sending..

Peace

Thanks Makano,

I really appreciate your response. Please is it possible to send an email/webform to Nairobi with my email even though it wasn’t my email the agent used. She used her email and number

Please advice.

Thank you!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by makano: 12:02am On Aug 14, 2022
Yes you can.

Just make sure your mail contains your full name, UCI and application number... Next time if you (or anyone u know) wanna engage an Agent, make sure you and the agent agree you will have access to our IRCC portal before u make payment for his or her service.. You applicants are giving all these so called agents too much room for rubbish..

Peace
Eziii:

Thanks Makano,

I really appreciate your response. Please is it possible to send an email/webform to Nairobi with my email even though it wasn’t my email the agent used. She used her email and number

Please advice.

Thank you!

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by makano: 12:10am On Aug 14, 2022
Hello Ebite

Once your passport is stamped, your LOI will drop..

Peace
Ebite2000:
Hi Gurus, please how does the letter of introduction thing work? So far I have only the PPR mail. I haven't received the LOI yet.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Eziii: 12:14am On Aug 14, 2022
makano:
Yes you can.

Just make sure your mail contains your full name, UCI and application number... Next time if you (or anyone u know) wanna engage an Agent, make sure you and the agent agree you will have access to our IRCC portal before u make payment for his or her service.. You applicants are giving all these so called agents too much room for rubbish..

Peace

Thank you!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by makano: 12:15am On Aug 14, 2022
IRCC will likely not attend to mails of application below the processing time of 12 weeks..

Peace
Fredba:
My application is 10 weeks 4 days now, is it ok to raise a webform?.. I already sent mails yesterday got automated reply from nrobi
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by makano: 12:24am On Aug 14, 2022
Passport Request Form (PPR)

Peace
GloriaBekee:

Please what’s the full meaning of ppr

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Eby028: 12:31am On Aug 14, 2022
How long does it take for passport to come back, after sending it to abuja
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by makano: 12:33am On Aug 14, 2022
I have been following your response to the said moniker and you seem to be very intelligent and calm with the way you responded him/her.

And as to the bolded, I totally agree.. His/her reply to my post on August 10 saying I am discouraging her when in fact I was advising the concerned applicants(I wasn't even directing that message to her) shows she isn't even calculative when responding to sensitive posts..

I chose to ignore her cos of course I don't have the luxury of time to argue here on a faceless forum with someone I dont even know how he/she looks like.. I have alot on my table to attend to, both Canada related and non- Canada related..

Peace

HouseRavenclaw:

1. Not sure what you’re on about but nowhere did the original poster say the applicant was yet to apply. They also didn’t say it wasn’t possible to receive a final decision before September 6. They said the applicant “might” not receive one and they wanted to be proactive. Whether you just applied or have an application looming over 12 weeks, it is not advisable to assume IRCC will respond before your required deadline.

2. You’re right. We do learn everyday. This is why it’s better to allow those equipped with immigration knowledge to share the facts. The applicant in question specifically requested for guru and consultant takes. Not fellow applicants. No one is saying you cannot contribute but be aware that if your contribution has plot holes, they will be pointed out.

3. There wasn’t a single insult in anything written there. If you feel that way, you’re free to highlight what caused you to feel insulted. I simply pointed out the irony of asking if IRCC is on leave while having an application that has been looming for months. You seem a tad too defensive.

12 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by makano: 12:36am On Aug 14, 2022
There is no specific timeline..

But you will get it back within a week..

Peace
Eby028:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Fehgur: 12:50am On Aug 14, 2022
bullstriker:
Redact your application number. It is as confidential as your name

Thanks you! I didn’t even notice.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Fehgur: 1:01am On Aug 14, 2022
bucceryor:
I feel you should try to cover your application number as suggested, or you remove the picture completely. Thanks

I just removed the picture. I’m sorry you’re going through all these, I had the same experience 5years ago. They even went as far as getting me a fake Canada visa stamp and a flight ticket that I didn’t even know until I got to the airport. Try confronting her with all these discrepancies you noticed and hopefully she’ll fess up and tell you the truth so you can start your application properly yourself. Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Darasimi3902: 1:10am On Aug 14, 2022
I am next o, submitted application since 27th February, eligibility started 19th May, still waiting for a decision. I ordered my gcms notes June 20th and I haven't received it. What do you think I should do? I have raised webforms and also sent series of emails to Nairobi.

Gigdraft:
This is a typical example of my favorite post. Thank you for making me happy, and congratulations!

Now, who's next?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Debbieeeeeee: 2:14am On Aug 14, 2022
All these agent stories I’m reading here and there on this thread are giving me a headache. I’m too much of a DIY person to allow someone to use their email and phone number for my application, I no go gree.
If your agent is acting funny, haggle your agent for every detail and if you can DIY preferably please do and seek opinions on your list of docs and SOP. I believe no one will take your application more serious than you’ll do. If you've to use an agent at all costs please use the ones that have been spoken highly of on this thread.
All the best guys!

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ACSgrains1(m): 2:34am On Aug 14, 2022
Eby028:

By this time last year mine took 3 days send on 2nd a gust from PH and it came back to my address on 5th August
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by HouseRavenclaw: 2:44am On Aug 14, 2022
makano:
I have been following your response to the said moniker and you seem to be very intelligent and calm with the way you responded him/her.

And as to the bolded, I totally agree.. His/her reply to my post on August 10 saying I am discouraging her when in fact I was advising the concerned applicants(I wasn't even directing that message to her) shows she isn't even calculative when responding to sensitive posts..

I chose to ignore her cos of course I don't have the luxury of time to argue here on a faceless forum with someone I dont even know how he/she looks like.. I have alot on my table to attend to, both Canada related and non- Canada related..

Peace

Haha, thank you very much for the needed honesty, my dear Makano. You’re neither the first nor even third person to notice CharitoJames as a careless speaker on this forum.

Sometime last week, she was so blatantly rude to a person asking a question about an application that about two people had to outrightly tell her off.

While it’s not a bad thing to be spirited or religious, she acts like she cannot make a mistake or be wrong because she (seemingly) has good intentions. She also acts like correcting her is a direct insult to her person and I find that a little too insufferable.

17 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by anonymous2710(f): 3:14am On Aug 14, 2022
Hello @justwise and all the experts @teemenzo etc , thanks for all you do here.

Please I have some questions regarding proof of funds for Canadian study visa. - I already have an admission for January 2023 intake. My tuition for two years is 36,000CAD of which I have paid a deposit of $3,0000 CAD.

For my Proof of funds, I want to use my salary account which usually has some activity/transactions when i am paid salary both monthly and quarterly, running to hundreds of thousands but of course the money doesn't stay there sad. So now, that i have made part payment for first semester, I want get a loan to show for the balance of tuition and living expenses but since i want to submit my application in September, it means the money will only be in my account for one month before i apply for study visa. SO my question is:

1. can i submit a six month active bank statement with the bulk money only being there for one month towards the end?
2. If yes, then how do i explain the bulk money's sudden appearance in my account
3. If no, how long does the money need to be in my account before i apply? School resumes in January and i want to apply on time, probably by next month.

The next scenario is that my brothers want to also give me a gift deed for the second year but because they are in the US, they can only send to my dollar account. And my question is:

1. how long does the gift deed need to be in my account before i submit my application
2. what are the documents i need to submit to support a gift deed from brothers
3. Should they out in one account and send to me or can they send to me separately?

C. I am going for a diploma course which I applied for using my WAEC online result because the DOB on my WAEC certificate is wrong. The school never asked for the original but were happy with the online print out

1. Question is for my study visa application, can i only submit WAEC online print out instead of the certificate? or how do i explain the wrong DOB?
2. can i submit my NECO certificate, even though the result is not as great as my WAEC?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by charli5(m): 4:08am On Aug 14, 2022
Jay5050:
Greetings Everyone,

I received my ppr some days ago which I shared here. In it, I was informed that my passport must be valid for the duration of my expected length of stay in Canada. Unfortunately, my passport has just 8 months validity, which is not up to my expected length of stay.

I therefore need to do a new passport ASAP because I have less than 30 days to submit my passport. I believe we all know the difficulties and delay in doing a new passport or renewal now. Most of the immigration office in Nigeria have no booklet at the moment.

I met someone(immigration officer) who told me that they can do an e-passport for me at their own office and it will take just a week to be ready. I just want to ask, does Canada accept e-passport?

Thank you all and GOD bless �

You can go to Ilorin. If you can afford 10 years passport which is faster. I did mine in 8 days. If you interested I can give you phone contact.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by dbeautyful: 6:34am On Aug 14, 2022
Thank you.
CentennialGuy:
The yellow card was given to me by EgyptAir alongside with my boarding passes., told to fill it and drop it with immigration. There were no requirements. Don't sweat it, it's nothing to worry about. It will be given to you at the airport.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Electroweb(m): 6:45am On Aug 14, 2022
Hello Everyone,
Which sites can someone rent property in Nova Scotia?

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by amila20042001: 7:00am On Aug 14, 2022
Please who has successfully contacted an MP for Toronto Scarborough Guildwood (Centennial College)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Predator188: 7:38am On Aug 14, 2022
Jay5050:
Greetings Everyone,

I received my ppr some days ago which I shared here. In it, I was informed that my passport must be valid for the duration of my expected length of stay in Canada. Unfortunately, my passport has just 8 months validity, which is not up to my expected length of stay.

I therefore need to do a new passport ASAP because I have less than 30 days to submit my passport. I believe we all know the difficulties and delay in doing a new passport or renewal now. Most of the immigration office in Nigeria have no booklet at the moment.

I met someone(immigration officer) who told me that they can do an e-passport for me at their own office and it will take just a week to be ready. I just want to ask, does Canada accept e-passport?

If you are close to enugu New Nigeria Passport is just 2 days from the time you captured and application is submitted same day and you need express processing!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Teezkid: 7:53am On Aug 14, 2022
Submit your passport with your 8 months validity, you will still get your passport stamped. When you get to Canada You can do the remaining passport renewals and extensions. wink
Jay5050:
Greetings Everyone,

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by chysmyke(m): 8:30am On Aug 14, 2022
Congratulations to ALL those who have completed all the Necessary Processes and Stages. It was not easy.

For those waiting, yours is on the Way...

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bucceryor(f): 8:45am On Aug 14, 2022
I have, but she is still claiming it all genuine.
Fehgur:

I just removed the picture. I’m sorry you’re going through all these, I had the same experience 5years ago. They even went as far as getting me a fake Canada visa stamp and a flight ticket that I didn’t even know until I got to the airport. Try confronting her with all these discrepancies you noticed and hopefully she’ll fess up and tell you the truth so you can start your application properly yourself. Good luck.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bucceryor(f): 8:50am On Aug 14, 2022
Ha! That's the height of wickedness
Fehgur:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by HakHim: 8:52am On Aug 14, 2022
Hello good morning.... You said "you were informed"... Informed by who? Please I have someone in a similar situation... So please is it IRCC that informed you?

Jay5050:
Greetings Everyone,

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.