Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,979 members, 7,817,888 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:04 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (738) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1220905 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (735) (736) (737) (738) (739) (740) (741) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Kanekade: 6:34am On Jan 16, 2023
ANGELAFELIX:

Scroll down that page, you’ll find the new message where the IRCC documents are. Use a laptop preferably
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Elsodje(m): 8:20am On Jan 16, 2023
Good morning guys..

Please how do one make payment for application fee to apply for a school
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pace6: 8:29am On Jan 16, 2023
Elsodje:
Good morning guys..

Please how do one make payment for application fee to apply for a school

You can use a dollar card or use online virtual dollar card.

You can download Payday or Chipper app to get online dollar virtual card.

Peace
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pristine664: 8:45am On Jan 16, 2023
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Elsodje(m): 8:48am On Jan 16, 2023
Pace6:

Peace

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Elsodje(m): 9:03am On Jan 16, 2023
Pace6:

Peace

Sorry for disturbing you,the school has a link for payment

Does this mean I can use a Nigerian debit card to make the payment?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by GoodofNaija: 9:16am On Jan 16, 2023
bestdiddy:
Hello Canadian Gurus,

Please just a couple of questions . . . What are the downsides to studies through the route of Graduate Certificate Programs. Is it more difficult to get study visas for graduate certificate programs compared to graduate diplomas or masters?

My sister has a bachelor degree with a CGPA of 2.6, hence we have to go for colleges, but finding graduate diplomas of 2years have been kinda challenging but we've seen a bunch of graduate certificate programs. I just want to get a sense of Canadian Visa Officers sentiments towards graduate certificate programs . . . is it too much trouble getting student visas for such programs?

Also, my sis is looking to travel for this studies with 4kids. What are her chances of getting visas for her kids if she applies to study a 1year graduate certificate program?
The Visa officers treat them the same way as of pg diplomas and masters. They grant visas for them too as long as you can prove your study purpose and funds.

I just got visa for a similar program despite over 15 years study gap.

So pls go ahead and apply!

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Chechem: 9:54am On Jan 16, 2023
Goodmorning House,
Does it matter if it takes long before I do biometrics?
In my quest to travel once to Abuja from East to do both biometrics and medical, I am now in a dilemma.

I once applied for upfront medicals, got a date and paid but later pleaded with them to hold on for me so that I can get a date for biometrics and travel once, they agreed and asked me to inform them immediately I get a date for biometrics. I applied on the 12th and got a date for biometrics on 20th of January, I have been calling them since then, but it seem they nolonger want to grant me the request... I have tried to apply for the medicals online and the available date I am seeing is 1st of February. The gap is much, I cant stay in Abuja that long because of work and expenses.

The only option left for me is to reschedule the biometrics close to 1st of February, hence I am asking if it matters if I do biometrics like 3 week after applying for the study permit.

Please help with an urgent response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by deebee13(f): 10:05am On Jan 16, 2023
deebee13:

Congratulations!
Godspeed on this new phase!

July 18 applicant here, and waiting...
I tap!!!

Good morning house!

It's PPR for me!
July 2022 applicant
Centennial college, Toronto.

Submitted- July 18, 2022
Biometrics- July 28, 2022
Upfront medicals-April 2022
Medicals passed-November 21, 2022
PPR- January 13, 2023

Turns out my PPR was out as at the time I made the statement in quote, but I didn't get to know because I used an agent!

I also don't know when, or if eligibility started or passed. The agent is not the communicating type.

I gave them a whole lot of documents, I don't know exactly which was used, or not.

Bottom line is, IT ENDED IN PRAISE!!!

Thank you to everyone on this page who kept reassuring those waiting, it meant a lot coming on here to celebrate with others and get hopeful for my expectations!

For those still waiting, hold on, be strong, cos what God cannot do does not exist!!!

20 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Army2022: 10:16am On Jan 16, 2023
Chechem:
Goodmorning House,
In my quest to travel once to Abuja from East to do both biometrics and medical, I am now in a dilemma.

I once applied for upfront medicals, got a date and paid but later pleaded with them to hold on for me so that I can get a date for biometrics and travel once, they agreed and asked me to inform them immediately I get a date for biometrics. I applied on the 12th and got a date for biometrics on 20th of January, I have been calling them since then, but it seem they nolonger want to grant me the request... I have tried to apply for the medicals online and the available date I am seeing is 1st of February. The gap is much, I cant stay in Abuja that long because of work and expenses.

The only option left for me is to reschedule the biometrics close to 1st of February, hence I am asking if it matters if I do biometrics like 3 week after applying for the study permit.

Yes it matters, medicals can wait but biometrics shouldn't wait. Ircc will start processing your application as soon as your biometrics is completed. The earlier the better.
But still continue to call for your medicals, and also send them emails at least twice a day until they respond. You can still walk-in and plead and explain your situation with them. There's no harm in trying, but first do your biometrics as soon as possible, do not shift your biometrics date.
My opinion shaar.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Army2022: 10:19am On Jan 16, 2023
deebee13:

Good morning house!

It's PPR for me!
July 2022 applicant

Submitted- July 18, 2022
PPR- January 13, 2023

Turns out my PPR was out as at the time I made the statement in quote, but I didn't get to know because I used an agent!

I also don't know when, or if eligibility started or passed. The agent is not the communicating type.

I gave them a whole lot of documents, I don't know exactly which was used, or not.

Thank you to everyone on this page who kept reassuring those waiting, it meant a lot coming on here to celebrate with others and get hopeful for my expectations!

For those still waiting, hold on, be strong, cos what God cannot do does not exist!!!

Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Asekzz: 10:27am On Jan 16, 2023
Congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pace6: 11:06am On Jan 16, 2023
Elsodje:

Sorry for disturbing you,the school has a link for payment

Does this mean I can use a Nigerian debit card to make the payment?

Except your dollar debit card, I’m not sure there’s any of the debit cards that has more than $20 as max limit.

If you have a domiciliary account, you might want to go to your bank to request for a dollar debit card.

Peace
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pace6: 11:07am On Jan 16, 2023
deebee13:

Good morning house!

It's PPR for me!
July 2022 applicant

Submitted- July 18, 2022
PPR- January 13, 2023

Congratulations to you and yours. You really tapped well.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Jofree: 11:10am On Jan 16, 2023
Please can someone enter Canada even after deferred admission to Sept 2023?
Will you still need to to collect the study permit at the port of entry?
Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pace6: 11:12am On Jan 16, 2023
Chechem:
Goodmorning House,

From the biometrics instruction letter, I think you have until 30 days to provide your biometrics or face automatic refusal, if there’s any reason you can’t provide it within 30 days, you should let them know. And again, not until you provide your biometrics, your application will not be under reviewed.

You can wait for other’s input too.

Goodluck

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pace6: 11:14am On Jan 16, 2023
Jofree:
Thank you

Of course, the study permit as long as it’s valid allows you to stay in Canada.

Peace
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by rahmeekadigz(f): 11:24am On Jan 16, 2023
PPR finally
Second time applicant..
Family of 2
Sowp for spouse.
Application Submitted September 20th
Medical request December 29th
Medical done January 12th and passed January 14th
PPr This morning January 16th

20 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Jofree: 11:24am On Jan 16, 2023
Pace6:

Of course, the study permit as long as it’s valid allows you to stay in Canada.

Peace
Thank you for your response
But will they issue study permit without enrolment letter
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Mclairity1: 11:27am On Jan 16, 2023
Congratulations to you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Army2022: 11:30am On Jan 16, 2023
rahmeekadigz:
PPR finally
Second time applicant..
Family of 2
Sowp for spouse.
Congratulations to you and your spouse.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Maychic: 11:35am On Jan 16, 2023
My friend tried Dat last year, differed from may to September na from Lagos airport dem send am go back dat he can only travel at most one month to resumption
Jofree:
Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pace6: 11:38am On Jan 16, 2023
rahmeekadigz:
PPR finally
Second time applicant..
Family of 2
Sowp for spouse.

Congratulations to you and yours
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pace6: 11:40am On Jan 16, 2023
Jofree:

Thank you for your response
But will they issue study permit without enrolment letter

Have you informed your college about your study permit approval?

Yes I have seen people issued study permit without enrollment letter, only you will have to login your student portal.

Best bet, you wait till August/September to move.

Peace
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pace6: 11:41am On Jan 16, 2023
Maychic:
My friend tried Dat last year, differed from may to September na from Lagos airport dem send am go back dat he can only travel at most one month to resumption

Some airlines do request for enrollment letter or so and they might send you back without it.

The best is just to wait a few weeks to start date, besides why the rush sef?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Positiveme2020: 11:47am On Jan 16, 2023
Please I understand that DHL has stopped two way courier services, please how do I get my passport back after stamping .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Chechem: 12:32pm On Jan 16, 2023
Army2022:

Yes it matters, medicals can wait but biometrics shouldn't wait. Ircc will start processing your application as soon as your biometrics is completed. The earlier the better.
But still continue to call for your medicals, and also send them emails at least twice a day until they respond. You can still walk-in and plead and explain your situation with them. There's no harm in trying, but first do your biometrics as soon as possible, do not shift your biometrics date.
My opinion shaar.

Thanks alot

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Chechem: 12:33pm On Jan 16, 2023
Pace6:

From the biometrics instruction letter, I think you have until 30 days to provide your biometrics or face automatic refusal, if there’s any reason you can’t provide it within 30 days, you should let them know. And again, not until you provide your biometrics, your application will not be under reviewed.

You can wait for other’s input too.

Goodluck

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by otobor12: 12:34pm On Jan 16, 2023
Positiveme2020:
The Storm is over, PPR Just landed today.
But I will resume At Conestoga By September 2023.
Appreciationo goes to @lekebobe.

Congratulations... I tap from your Grace...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by rahmeekadigz(f): 12:39pm On Jan 16, 2023
Thank you
Army2022:

Congratulations to you and your spouse.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by rahmeekadigz(f): 12:39pm On Jan 16, 2023
Thanks
Pace6:

Congratulations to you and yours

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by blueberryacres: 12:46pm On Jan 16, 2023
Hi guys,
When i get my study permit by the grace of God, can i enter Canada more than a month before my date of resumption?
Also, what is enrollment letter? My friend that left early this month said the airport people were stressing him out because he didn’t have it and they nearly sent him back.

(1) (2) (3) ... (735) (736) (737) (738) (739) (740) (741) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.