Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,211 members, 7,822,080 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:55 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (78) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1228285 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by charli5(m): 6:36pm On Aug 14, 2022
oluayebenz:

Don't just try to renew that passport in Nigeria, you won't meet up with the deadline for passport submission.

Submit your about to expiry passport for visa stamp.

The information you got is not valid.

If he doesn’t renew his passport they won’t give him more than the remnant months in his passport which would make him to reapply and extend his visa/permit again after expiration, that’s extra stress, money and risk. He can get his passport renewed in a week in some states northern states, Ilorin etc.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by amila20042001: 6:43pm On Aug 14, 2022
No problem.
I hope I get one
vividlooks:

My dear, If you do get through to the one in Scarborough, Kindly DM me. I've sent email to all of 'em in Scarborough and its environs..No response too. The ones that did, it's the usual excuse I got as responses.....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Prettydkb: 6:44pm On Aug 14, 2022
I need advice on this please. I studied Accounting and have about 5 years working experience as an accountant. I am however considering doing a masters in social work. I am wondering how feasible it would be to get a student visa given my experience.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bullstriker: 6:49pm On Aug 14, 2022
It will be challenging to convince the VO of a career change, given your education and work experience. You can change the program when you come to Canada.
Prettydkb:
I need advice on this please. I studied Accounting and have about 5 years working experience as an accountant. I am however considering doing a masters in social work. I am wondering how feasible it would be to get a student visa given my experience.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by dayjeee(m): 6:52pm On Aug 14, 2022
Lekannn:
It’s PPR. May 25th applicant. Special thanks to the great Makano. I pray everybody waiting gets a favorable response as soon as possible. Will post my timeline soon.
Congratulations

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Tymally: 7:04pm On Aug 14, 2022
Asking for a friend, kindly help with this, please.

He got another scholarship to study in the Uk, however he's currently processing his Canada study permit as well. His medicals has been passed and eligibility is under review.

His plan is to start the UK visa application while that of Canada is still ongoing. And subsequently go for which ever comes through first.

Is this allowed and is there anything to look out for

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by skentelelady(f): 7:28pm On Aug 14, 2022
Samtob4life:

Check Fleming college

Post graduate

Global business management (2years)

6000CAD Scholarship available for the course sev

All these colleges PGDip are more expensive than Masters degree. Na wa oo. Pre Masters of 1yr is even more expensive than Masters of 2 years total tuition fees. Very ridiculous

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by technix: 7:30pm On Aug 14, 2022
Like already answered, it might be challenging convincing the VO. However, if you have been involved in a lot of volunteering and community services, then you can tell a compelling story. Even many Canadian schools require volunteering experience for master's admission in social work.

I hope that helps.

Prettydkb:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by skentelelady(f): 7:31pm On Aug 14, 2022
bullstriker:
It will be challenging to convince the VO of a career change, given your education and work experience. You can change the program when you come to Canada.
I sent you pm please reply .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by adexmurphy: 7:37pm On Aug 14, 2022
Hi guys,

Is there anyone already in NEW BRUNSWICK, saint John preferably? I am going to Saint John Campus(NBCC) and I need to be guided by experienced dude.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Debbieeeeeee: 8:29pm On Aug 14, 2022
All the best to everyone waiting on their study permit approvals this new week. God will put a smile on all of your faces and you’ll resume as at when due in your respective schools.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by AOROGBEM: 8:38pm On Aug 14, 2022
HouseRavenclaw:

Hi,

I received a PFL on the 1st of June regarding the cost of my medication and was given 2 months to respond to IRCC’s concerns. I hired a Canadian immigration attorney and we sent back a mitigation plan on the 27th of June.

In the month of July, my school reached out to me regarding my healthcare insurance. Apparently, my medication was covered all along. I attached the section of my tuition receipt that showed health insurance coverage, a letter from the university pharmacy and screenshots from my insurance provider’s website. They had a database of prescriptions that were covered and I sent in these three documents as additional information on July 18th.

Unlike the first PFL response which IRCC reserves a spot for on your portal, I had to send in the additional information via web form. To make sure it was received, I sent them multiple emails daily and I also contacted my MP’s office so they could relay the message across.

A week later, I passed my medicals. I haven’t received any further correspondence. I recommend sending emails every other day and web forms at least once a week. I’ve noticed IRCC keeps mute if you don’t bother them. Before my PFL in June, the last time they addressed my application was in February when they confirmed receipt of my medicals. 5 whole months of silence. In addition to your GCMS notes order, please disturb them.

Conclusively, there is no established timeline for PFL processing. Especially since PFLs are sent for different reasons. What was yours for?

Please
Any help

I got Pfl since January regarding last agent not paying application fee for previous denied application , responded and paid
No update ever since then till date
Sent mails and raised several webforms , All I keep getting is application under active review

No other means to contact them
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ebite2000: 9:06pm On Aug 14, 2022
Hello house, I hope everyone waiting on their PPR gets a favorable response and kick off with their travel plans in time.
I will be going to the uni of Calgary and also would be glad if I can be connected with anyone who lives around to inquire about housing. Don't seem to see anything/ air bnb near the school or sort. Kindly assist, thanks.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by HouseRavenclaw: 9:25pm On Aug 14, 2022
AOROGBEM:

Please
Any help

I got Pfl since January regarding last agent not paying application fee for previous denied application , responded and paid
No update ever since then till date
Sent mails and raised several webforms , All I keep getting is application under active review

No other means to contact them

Hello,

If you know a friend or family member in Canada, have them give you their postal code. Use their postal code to find their MP office on this website:

https://www.ourcommons.ca/members/en

When you find the MP office, construct an email requesting assistance with IRCC but have your friend send it since most MP offices only assist those within their constituents.

You’ll be sent a Use of Representative form and they’ll get back to you usually within two weeks.

While waiting, order your GCMS notes. This is what I did and my medicals were changed to passed. Not exactly sure your experience will be the same since your PFL is for a chargeback but it should do more than radio silence will.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CharitoJames(f): 9:26pm On Aug 14, 2022
bucceryor:
I tried tracking the application using the tracking id number on the yellow slip I was given after biometrics was collected and the response was "no records found"

I don’t think this one works... i have tried it and it says no records found but i filed for my visa myself and it’ towards getting approved

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Niaso: 9:43pm On Aug 14, 2022
Thanks so much Makano
It's British Columbia, Kwantlen Polytechnic University

Thanks in anticipation
makano:
What Province is your school located?

I can help get your some MPs contact..

Peace
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Swaggu002015: 9:47pm On Aug 14, 2022
Hello everyone, pls whats nbcc acceptance rate? i see its cheap but need ideas on how sure their admission is
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by 2pretty4u(f): 9:49pm On Aug 14, 2022
Debbieeeeeee:
All the best to everyone waiting on their study permit approvals this new week. God will put a smile on all of your faces and you’ll resume as at when due in your respective schools.

Amen, I believe. Thanks

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by WiZiggy: 9:53pm On Aug 14, 2022
bullstriker:
2. Click the person's username, then 'send Email Message to 'username.'
3. Click "quote." It's on the bottom left side of every message.
please how do I see posts that I shared, thanks for explaining
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Oyalfares: 10:22pm On Aug 14, 2022
Hello
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by EzeWills(m): 10:24pm On Aug 14, 2022
Hello all
Good day.
Please who can help with schools in Canada that does not require ielts for admission into a graduate program
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Trackeo(m): 10:27pm On Aug 14, 2022
Your been not admissible to a program shouldn't discourage you from doing it yourself...
Many of us that has taken this journey,in one way or the other have gotten ' regret letters'......so that shouldn't discourage you...i did fail getting admission in one uni like that da year...it was painful tho...after the wait...what to do...buh i prayed...repackage my app.... And refire....
I see ppl type here that admisson is easy...buh every malam with e kettle...my own hard no mean say your own go hard....
Just don't be discouraged....Research on unis...know the course you want( do this judging from both your recent study..or past experiences)...work on ur cv....most schools demand statements of purpose...work on it...work on your references....and lastly apply on time....

wandeykul:
Good morning,
Im new on this thread. A friend introduced an agent to me and the agent said i apply for Human Resource when I studied History education in my undergraduate which I feel is a red flag even though i dont know much about this Canada visa. I would like to know if its adviceable to use an agent or just do ig myslef. I applied to University of Manitoba myself last year but didnt get the admisiion, thats why im skeptical about doing it myself now. Please someone should guide me.

Thank you

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Gboyswags: 10:33pm On Aug 14, 2022
Good day @Frankrobbn1, @lekkiboboe and any other person with information, I have a bachelor's degree in Material Science and Engineering and I graduated with a CGPA of 3.58/4. Please can I get any suggestions on courses with scholarships and funding and how I can go about it especially in countries like Canada. Thank you for your time.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Cannywaka: 10:37pm On Aug 14, 2022
7COLOURS:
June applicants, how far?

Biko let's submit our timeline to encourage ourselves

submission - 9th June
Biometrics done and updated - 14th June
Medical updated and passed - 24th June
Eligibility started - 22nd July
Awaiting PPR this month by God's grace

It will end in praises for all PPR hopefuls in Jesus name

Please let's stay positive and prayerful.

Emi lo kan

Application submitted - 6th June
Biometrics done and updated - 9th June
Upfront medical - 16th May
Medical updated and passed - 5th July
Awaiting PPR this month by God's grace

God please � � �

13 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Trackeo(m): 10:47pm On Aug 14, 2022
Pls i have a question for you...
1.Undergraduate or graduate??...
EzeWills:
Hello all
Good day.
Please who can help with schools in Canada that does not require ielts for admission into a graduate program
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Gboyswags: 10:57pm On Aug 14, 2022
Good day @Frankrobbn1, @lekkiboboe, @makano, @justmellow and any other person with information, I have a bachelor's degree in Material Science and Engineering and I graduated with a CGPA of 3.58/4. Please can I get any suggestions on Master's degree courses with scholarships and funding and how I can go about it especially in countries like Canada. Thank you for your time.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by teejhaay: 11:47pm On Aug 14, 2022
Gboyswags:
Good day @Frankrobbn1, @lekkiboboe, @makano, @justmellow and any other person with information, I have a bachelor's degree in Material Science and Engineering and I graduated with a CGPA of 3.58/4. Please can I get any suggestions on Master's degree courses with scholarships and funding and how I can go about it especially in countries like Canada. Thank you for your time.

Use Google to your advantage. Search U15 universities and check the faculty of engineering page to see the department you could fit into. Your research experience can come in handy here for you to get a supervisor that will fund your program. You can mail Graduate coordinator to know more about how graduate students are funded in your program of interest.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Wendyfedi: 12:02am On Aug 15, 2022
Hello all,

Can anyone assist me with colleges offering Marketing management PGC & PGDs in May 2023 please? I have applied to Humber college and Fanshawe college, I just need to know if there are other affordable colleges with high acceptance rates.

Also, has anyone done a one-year PGC and was able to work his/her way through and remain back? please share your experience. This is my first writeup, any tip on how I can go about my school application will go a long way
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bullstriker: 12:43am On Aug 15, 2022
Go to the page you posted it... the same way you view other people's posts.
WiZiggy:
please how do I see posts that I shared, thanks for explaining
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bullstriker: 12:44am On Aug 15, 2022
Replied
skentelelady:
I sent you pm please reply .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bullstriker: 12:46am On Aug 15, 2022
It is allowed if that's what your friend wants to do.
Tymally:
Asking for a friend, kindly help with this, please.

He got another scholarship to study in the Uk, however he's currently processing his Canada study permit as well. His medicals has been passed and eligibility is under review.

His plan is to start the UK visa application while that of Canada is still ongoing. And subsequently go for which ever comes through first.

Is this allowed and is there anything to look out for
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by technix: 12:49am On Aug 15, 2022
Many schools do not require IELTS for Nigerians (I can't even think of a school that does). Just read the language requirements of any school you are interested in.

EzeWills:
Hello all
Good day.

(1) (2) (3) ... (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.