Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,990 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:21 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (774) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1221049 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (771) (772) (773) (774) (775) (776) (777) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 12:31pm On Jan 26, 2023
enemerci:
Hello fam,

Please i an a newbie and i have read the wealth of knowledge here. Thank you so much for these resources.

I look forward to applying to the university of Regina in saskatchewan. I have read up the requirements and done some research. But i still have some confusions.
They requested that the transcript be sent to WES _ ICAP. I have read what it is all about but by problem is how to go about it. How do i get my school to send WES so they can now send to university of Regina

Secondly i have seen thier tuition fee page but honestly i don't understand it. It contains so many figure you don't know which is which. Please if any one if familiar with the university of Regina, please kindly put me through so i know exactly what i am getting myself into

Thanks a million.

All schools have a process to apply for transcripts, find out how your school do theirs and give them the WES address where they will send the transcripts to, you have to apply to WES first and pay to have a profile with them, after this they will wait for your school to send them transcripts. Once WES is done with the appraisal they will issue you a result, i think you have to course by course evaluation with WES since it is going to a school.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by DFmum: 12:32pm On Jan 26, 2023
Thanks alot, this is a big relief. I have done my biometrics but finding it difficult to book for medicals due to distance and tight schedule here in Uk.

May God crown all our efforts success Amen ๐Ÿ™

TradeSunMoore:

No. They work on the application and send you a medical request.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by coolangel54(f): 12:36pm On Jan 26, 2023
Good afternoon all,

Please, I need your help ๐Ÿ™

I am about submitting my family visa application and when I wanted paying, system says "TRANSACTION DECLINED".

I am using a UBA USD Mastercard and it's already preloaded with funds (I have a dorm account with them and paid $15 to get the card).

I'm to pay 775 Canadian dollars and my dorm account has 667 USD.

Please, what exactly is the issue and why is my transaction being declined?

Make una help me abeg ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by blkomo: 12:38pm On Jan 26, 2023
TOPAI7:
Use applyboard.
It is free

What course and program do you want to apply for?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by blkomo: 12:39pm On Jan 26, 2023
[quote author=Powermike8 post=119845121][/quote]

What course and program do you want to apply for?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 12:40pm On Jan 26, 2023
enemerci:
Please this is a screen shot of the tuition of university of regina. My focus is faculty of engineering. Please kindly explain if you understand this document.

Their fees is based on the number of credit hours you do, so the bolded amounts represent 3,6,9,12 credit hours, so you have to check the course you want to study and the number of credit hours it has to graduate, that will determine how much you will be paying, additionally you can just send the school and email to explain the tuition.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 12:42pm On Jan 26, 2023
coolangel54:
Good afternoon all,

I am about submitting my family visa application and when I wanted paying, system says "TRANSACTION DECLINED".

I am using a UBA USD Mastercard and it's already preloaded with funds (I have a dorm account with them and paid $15 to get the card).

Call the bank, it is possible the card has not been activated to make payments.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ilueh: 12:42pm On Jan 26, 2023
Bamz555:
Good morning house pls I need your advice.
My wife just got admission and we want to proceed with her visa application. sponsor is her uncle, But here are my questions;
1. Is it a good idea to apply along with her by a SOWP. (Initially we intend that she apply alone and after she gets there can apply mine, but on the other hand we thought about the cost implications doing it separately)?
2. How much do you think is ok for the sponsor to send to her acct as part of the sponsorship(as gift deed) itโ€™s an undergraduate program fr 3yrs+ school fees is $18,100.
3. If I am to apply along side her how much do u think we should be looking at?
4. Generally pls what advice and documents do u think is needed for this adventure. We own a company and a logistics business, she has a job but the pay is not so good. No landed properties yet but a car. I need advice so we can get everything right before we start. And pls trying to book upfront medicals appointments and Iโ€™m seeing UCI number nd IME number, we donโ€™t have these.
Everyoneโ€™s contribution is welcomed pls

Sorry, your wife is going for an undergraduate course? How old is she? And does she have an undergraduate degree prior to now?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by skillz111(m): 12:43pm On Jan 26, 2023
Ayimperial1:
Anyone going to Niagara College by Sept 2023?
Yes,you can drop your number let's talk.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by skillz111(m): 12:45pm On Jan 26, 2023
Danielmadu:
yes I'm going for September intake in niagara
Bro,you can drop your number let's talk.I need accommodation partner if I can see one.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ilueh: 12:47pm On Jan 26, 2023
coolangel54:
Good afternoon all,

Your conversion is wrong
667 USD is about 892 to 895 CAD, so what you have insufficient
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 12:53pm On Jan 26, 2023
Ilueh:

Your conversion is wrong

He is to pay 775CAD, 667USD converted to CAD is 892CAD so ..........

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by coolangel54(f): 12:54pm On Jan 26, 2023
If your calculation is correct Sir, then I have more than enough to foot the payment.

My application is 775 Canadian dollars Sir

I have 667 United States dollars in my UBA dorm account sir.

Ilueh:

Your conversion is wrong
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by coolangel54(f): 12:55pm On Jan 26, 2023
Thank you for the explanation
Bobomaigida:

He is to pay 775CAD, 667USD converted to CAD is 892CAD so ..........
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by coolangel54(f): 12:56pm On Jan 26, 2023
Okay, I'm at the bank now, just waiting for my turn to be attended to.

The queue at the bank can cause depression. Let me chat UBA on Twitter

Thank you.
Bobomaigida:

Call the bank, it is possible the card has not been activated to make payments.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bamz555: 1:24pm On Jan 26, 2023
Ilueh:

Sorry, your wife is going for an undergraduate course? How old is she? And does she have an undergraduate degree prior to now?
She is mid 20s nd she has work experience thatโ€™s in same progression with her program
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bamz555: 1:31pm On Jan 26, 2023
Bobomaigida:

1. No, cos she will not have strong home ties that she can claim.
2. No amount is too large, if the sponsor is going to give her gift, it should at least cover 1st year living expenses and miscellaneous and 1 year tuition.
3. living expenses for both of you will be at least $14,000 and her one-year tuition.
4. You can send email to book medicals, the main issue will be writing a strong SOP to show why her uncle will be sponsoring her, I assume they will have different surname names now, that is another issue, so you need to explain why he will be sponsoring her with huge sums of money.
My advice is let her travel first and use you as home tie, this will also reduce the POF she will have to show, once she is settled, you can apply for SOWP.
Thanks for d response.
But what about the uncle make a gift deed to me and I stand as sponsor then he can be a co sponsor. Plus we are looking at d difficulty that will come with me applying for me separately. What if we use our company and aged parents and maybe family land as home tie. Can that work?
2. I did the calculations, her full tuition fee nd living expenses for a yr is less dan 10m, mine is less than 2m. What if we can get a gift deed of 13-15m?
3. I know she applying alone will be best but since each application has its uniqueness Iโ€™m thinking maybe we can work our way around the documents that would be required if I know them. Bcuz if pple with 2 kids 4 kids can apply nd even get approved. I think we should be able to work around this, so we can do it all once and for all.
Pls if u donโ€™t mind, your contact might help.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by enemerci: 1:32pm On Jan 26, 2023
Bobomaigida:

Their fees is based on the number of credit hours you do, so the bolded amounts represent 3,6,9,12 credit hours, so you have to check the course you want to study and the number of credit hours it has to graduate, that will determine how much you will be paying, additionally you can just send the school and email to explain the tuition.

Thank you so so much. This gave me head ache honestly. Thank you so so much to for clarifying on the WES ICAP
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Uzorsammy(m): 1:45pm On Jan 26, 2023
That's wrong he has sufficient money 667 USD is about 900Cad
Ilueh:

Your conversion is wrong
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 1:59pm On Jan 26, 2023
Bamz555:

Thanks for d response.
But what about the uncle make a gift deed to me and I stand as sponsor then he can be a co sponsor. Plus we are looking at d difficulty that will come with me applying for me separately. What if we use our company and aged parents and maybe family land as home tie. Can that work?
2. I did the calculations, her full tuition fee nd living expenses for a yr is less dan 10m, mine is less than 2m. What if we can get a gift deed of 13-15m?
3. I know she applying alone will be best but since each application has its uniqueness Iโ€™m thinking maybe we can work our way around the documents that would be required if I know them. Bcuz if pple with 2 kids 4 kids can apply nd even get approved. I think we should be able to work around this, so we can do it all once and for all.
Pls if u donโ€™t mind, your contact might help.

1. That will complicate the application, you have to understand that this is an undergraduate programme which has a longer period, you as the sponsor travelling with her, will not fly since except you have EXCESS FUNDS that will cater for the duration of the programme. To use your coy and land as home tie is okay but it is just that you have to go the extra mile to convince the VO.
2. Getting the gift deed is okay but you also have to explain why the person is gifting you, so they will not suspect that the funds are for demonstration purposes.
3. In all applications people look out for what will make the application strong, if you had your own funds and properties at home then applying with her will fine but in this instance your POF is fair but not that strong. Those that go with their kids have strong POF that strengthens their appplication and they have to write a good SOP to back it up.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by adeelarshad: 2:00pm On Jan 26, 2023
Canadian Student Visa process
The process of obtaining a Canadian student visa depends on the individual's circumstances and the type of program they are applying to. Generally, the following steps are involved:

Obtain a letter of acceptance from a designated learning institution in Canada.

Complete the student visa application form and submit it along with the required documents, such as proof of financial support and language proficiency.

Pay the visa application fee.

Attend a visa interview or biometrics appointment if required.

Wait for a decision on your application. The processing time may vary depending on the visa office and the time of year.

Note: Before submitting the application, candidates should check the requirement on the official website of IRCC(Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada) as the process may be subject to change. Some applicants may also need to undergo a medical exam and/or provide police clearance certificates.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ednut1(m): 2:41pm On Jan 26, 2023

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ilueh: 2:46pm On Jan 26, 2023
Bamz555:

She is mid 20s nd she has work experience thatโ€™s in same progression with her program

So why undergraduate? Why not PGD or PGC?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Uzorsammy(m): 3:02pm On Jan 26, 2023
It her choice it doesn't affect her visa chances she is still young
Ilueh:

So why undergraduate? Why not PGD or PGC?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by blkomo: 3:07pm On Jan 26, 2023
deebee13:
Good day house,
I submitted my passport to VFS Abuja last Wednesday, and asides the initial mail that they've received it, I've not heard anything else.
Is there a way I can find out what's going on over there please?
Thank you.

Have you heard from them yet?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by MotolaniBolaji: 3:09pm On Jan 26, 2023
Good Afternoon everyone,

Please how can I track my order for my CBSA notes? I have ordered it since 1st of January and yet to receive it.

I have submitted my application since 11th of September and still no decision though I noticed that eligibility started on the 13th of January.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by darthv: 3:19pm On Jan 26, 2023
How long does ircc take to process study permits
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by deebee13(f): 3:36pm On Jan 26, 2023
blkomo:

Have you heard from them yet?

No I haven't.
I tried to chat them up today, but their agents were busy.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Babypanther: 3:38pm On Jan 26, 2023
@technix and other gurus in the house please, I need your help. My husband was refused study visa due to purpose of study not consistent and his assets and finance insufficient even tho POF was 30 million for just his own application for University of Canada West. Please, what's the next step. I'd appreciate every assistance.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Vaneella: 3:43pm On Jan 26, 2023
Thank you bullstriker.

bullstriker:
You can use a third party, but you must convince the VO why the person wants to sponsor.
Demonstrate prior support received from the person, have the person money pay your tuition fee from his account, and show pictures you took with the person during important events like graduation, marriage, birth etc.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by blkomo: 3:47pm On Jan 26, 2023
deebee13:

No I haven't.
I tried to chat them up today, but their agents were busy.

Call this number: +234 815 019 9900. They are open from 9am to 3pm Monday - Friday.

The line is usually very busy but keep calling and follow the voice prompt when connected.

They will assist you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 3:56pm On Jan 26, 2023
Babypanther:
@technix and other gurus in the house please, I need your help. My husband was refused study visa due to purpose of study not consistent and his assets and finance insufficient even tho POF was 30 million for just his own application for University of Canada West. Please, what's the next step. I'd appreciate every assistance.

Thanks

You need to apply for CBSA notes to know the exact reason(s)

1. Did he have lump sum deposits into his account and was he self-sponsored?
2. What course was he going for, is it in line with his career or first degree?
3. Was he the only applicant, of it was a family application?

(1) (2) (3) ... (771) (772) (773) (774) (775) (776) (777) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.