Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,609 members, 7,820,166 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:48 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (773) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1226222 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (770) (771) (772) (773) (774) (775) (776) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Leyemoshood: 9:14pm On Jan 25, 2023
Bobomaigida:

CBSA notes takes about 35 days or less, IRCC notes take anywhere from 30 days to 365 days.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Mevwolorio: 9:27pm On Jan 25, 2023
I can't even see family form IMM 5645 or IMM 5707 for SOWP to download. Where can I see it please? Help family

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 9:27pm On Jan 25, 2023
doctorfunmi:
Good day everyone, please I need help.
I am about to submit my application but my children's passports are not ready, what can I upload in place of the passports, and is it possible to upload the passports through web form when it is ready? Also my passport will be expiring soon, through I am expecting the renewed one by next month, can I upload the renewed one through web form as well?

Note - We have done medicals and we use their NPC birth certificate for medicals.

Do they have NIN, you can use their NIN and then send the passports when you have them
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Mevwolorio: 9:36pm On Jan 25, 2023
Bobomaigida:

Do they have NIN, you can use their NIN and then send the passports when you have them
This really interests me. I recently have a new baby and I am running up and down to get his passport. Can I apply for him along with others using his NIN until his passport arrive? can this be accepted?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 9:41pm On Jan 25, 2023
Mevwolorio:
This really interests me. I recently have a new baby and I am running up and down to get his passport. Can I apply for him along with others using his NIN until his passport arrive? can this be accepted?

For principal applicant, Passport is compulsory, for under ages you can use their NIN but submit their passports later.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Mevwolorio: 9:45pm On Jan 25, 2023
Bobomaigida:

For principal applicant, Passport is compulsory, for under ages you can use their NIN but submit their passports later.
Thanks, bro. This info came for me, I appreciate it. Please help me with the link to the family form for the SOWP application. I cant see it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by doctorfunmi: 9:59pm On Jan 25, 2023
Bobomaigida:

Yes, they do.
Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by chrisoo(m): 10:00pm On Jan 25, 2023
TradeSunMoore:

Possible there is an error/missing letter in the emsil provided to vfs at the point of biometrics. Put a call to VFS they will provide update. You can also reach them via email but you will get a response after 48 hrs.

I have sent them an email. Will follow up with phone calls after tomorrow.
Many thanks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bamz555: 10:18pm On Jan 25, 2023
Hello house. Pls I just got admission and I’m trying to book an upfrontmedical appointment at IOM but they asking for UCI number and IME number. What’s that and how do I get it?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by TOPAI7(m): 10:32pm On Jan 25, 2023
Use applyboard.
It is free

Bernice123456:
Congratulations on your PPR
PLEASE if I may ask, did you use an agent to apply to Fanshawe college?

I having a difficult time finding one who doesn't charge so much. The last agent I called said 250,000 was her fee

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Eric123455(m): 10:37pm On Jan 25, 2023
Have deffered my admission before and it can't be deferred twice, But my biometrics is showing completed since December 19th, what's that suppose to mean please?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bamz555: 11:59pm On Jan 25, 2023
Good morning house pls I need your advice.
My wife just got admission and we want to proceed with her visa application. sponsor is her uncle, But here are my questions;
1. Is it a good idea to apply along with her by a SOWP. (Initially we intend that she apply alone and after she gets there can apply mine, but on the other hand we thought about the cost implications doing it separately)?
2. How much do you think is ok for the sponsor to send to her acct as part of the sponsorship(as gift deed) it’s an undergraduate program fr 3yrs+ school fees is $18,100.
3. If I am to apply along side her how much do u think we should be looking at?
4. Generally pls what advice and documents do u think is needed for this adventure. We own a company and a logistics business, she has a job but the pay is not so good. No landed properties yet but a car. I need advice so we can get everything right before we start. And pls trying to book upfront medicals appointments and I’m seeing UCI number nd IME number, we don’t have these.
Everyone’s contribution is welcomed pls
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Cuppycak3: 12:18am On Jan 26, 2023
Send me a mail if you’re still interested in this
danowena:
Hello guys, does anyone have a property valuation report sample /tool or can link me up with an affordable person that can do the valuation.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by danowena: 6:14am On Jan 26, 2023
Yemlizzy:

DM.
Sent you a DM.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Olashile147: 8:01am On Jan 26, 2023
Ammykorr:
Hello everyone,

I have gotten admission with Thompson Rivers Uni(MBA) and Cape Breton Uni(PGD in Business Analytics). I would appreciate any advice on which to go for considering that I would like to transition to PR. Which is better in terms of cost of living, ease of transition.

Thank you.

CBU is cheaper in terms of cost of living.. Research they but Thompson Rivers is a lovely University. I prefer data analytics to MBA. My perspective tho

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by monalisa007: 8:22am On Jan 26, 2023
Ammykorr:
Hello everyone,

I have gotten admission with Thompson Rivers Uni(MBA) and Cape Breton Uni(PGD in Business Analytics). I would appreciate any advice on which to go for considering that I would like to transition to PR. Which is better in terms of cost of living, ease of transition.

Thank you.

There have been several news of accommodation issues and no jobs at Cape Breton. Please make your findings and choose wisely, it won’t be nice to get stranded in a new place.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by tamsam19: 9:35am On Jan 26, 2023
Do you want to apply for a reconsideration?

subzheero:
Good evening everyone my application that was submitted on Jan 5 was refused 10mins ago .This is a very tight application packaged by one of the no 1 guru here.Am just confused.May intake POF 27m family of 4.First semester tuition already paid and application was refused for asset and financial situation .no lump sum everything was very ok .Seems application wasn't reviewed properly to me.

Please kindly help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by tamsam19: 9:43am On Jan 26, 2023
the challenge is this; if she is the PA and she's also sponsoring the entire family, you are essentially telling the VO that while she's schooling, she won't be able to make as much money to fend for all four of you for 2 years. They have calculated the expesnses for 2 years and if what you have in her account just barely covers it, they may see it as inability to buy return tickets, and other expenses as of when due.

it may have been more advisable that you had been the sponsor and to tie it to ''while she's schooling'' you would still be working to support the family income already saved up

subzheero:
Thanks really appreciate.She has 22m in her personal account while mine is 5m.Am thinking of transferring 8m to her so her total balance will be 30m plus ,l will also do a gift deed as regards that.Again,l will submit form A to balance up the first year tuition fee but l will only attach the form A evidence with the application so the bank can debit anytime.Also,providing a strong SOP.

Please will this work out please l need your input and suggestions waiting for GCMS might take some months l want to refire ASAP .May intake

Please help a brother

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by tamsam19: 9:46am On Jan 26, 2023
so she has plenty inflows but few outflows? That can also be seen as an issue to them especially if your SOP didn't explain that it was a dedicated savings account. Since your own account had good inflow and outflow, i think you should have been the sponsor

How detailed was your SOP?

subzheero:
I really appreciate Boss.The inflow can't be upto 40 to 50m l only save what l think should be enough for study permit which is 22m.The acct has more inflow than outflow .The only outflow from the acct was around June when l purchased a Toyota Camry so her acct was debited to pay the person .Also first semester tuition fee of 8516.76 was paid fron the account so her acct shouldn't have more than 5 outflows last year apart from bank charges my own personal which am transferring from should have up to that interms of inflow and outflow

Please help me

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Didito(f): 9:52am On Jan 26, 2023
Ammykorr:
Hello everyone,

Thank you.

I won't advice you to continue with your CBU application. It's total chaos in the school. If u want to verify my claim u can join the Cape Breton Facebook group page to decide

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by kolaa007(m): 10:01am On Jan 26, 2023
please how long is the wait after biometrics for student going to canada?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Teejackz11009: 10:30am On Jan 26, 2023
Good morning wonderful people in the house,I want your suggestions to my own case. For a school who dosent make it compulsory for you to pay for your school fees upfront,and my school fees is 16,160 for a year for (masters degree). Is 11.4 Million naira enough for both tution deposit and living expenses.
And can 2 plot of land which is worth 1.2 Million naira enough as a Personal asset?
I am a self sponsor though.
Anybody should please make a suggestion.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Hope4Naja: 10:41am On Jan 26, 2023
Good day Guys, my junior brother got admission offer letter from Holland College, Price Edward Island. Please what to know about the province, accommodations and jobs opportunities before we will proceed and pay the tuition deposit and apply for study permit. I have asked him to get more clarification regarding the tuition to make things a little bit clear because from their email sent to him they indicated 1000 CAD as tuition deposit.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by coolangel54(f): 11:52am On Jan 26, 2023
johnstan:

I'm guessing its same issue i had with my UBA USD card, it never worked, sent a dm to ircc on twitter and they stated that my bank blocked something on the card, went to the bank only to be told the card was not profiled to work on such platform.

Las las i used barter virtual USD that has now been suspended.

-Try contacting your bank with a screenshot of the error prompt to review.
-Try other USD card if you know someone that has one.
-A prepaid USD card might work if you know someone that has one.
-Look for any virtual USD card that still works.

good luck.

Exactly my struggle now. Transaction Declined.

I'm using UBA USD card too not Africard as I have a dorm account with them.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by harkintem(m): 12:01pm On Jan 26, 2023
HopefulSuccess:
Sorry I am just replying. I think you should try to order your GCMS notes while you are still sending webforms and emails to Nairobi and other countries. Have you tried sending an email to the MP of your province?
I have ordered for my GCMS note already and I will try to send email to MP of my province
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by enemerci: 12:02pm On Jan 26, 2023
Hello fam,

Please i an a newbie and i have read the wealth of knowledge here. Thank you so much for these resources.

I look forward to applying to the university of Regina in saskatchewan. I have read up the requirements and done some research. But i still have some confusions.
They requested that the transcript be sent to WES _ ICAP. I have read what it is all about but by problem is how to go about it. How do i get my school to send WES so they can now send to university of Regina

Secondly i have seen thier tuition fee page but honestly i don't understand it. It contains so many figure you don't know which is which. Please if any one if familiar with the university of Regina, please kindly put me through so i know exactly what i am getting myself into

Thanks a million.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by enemerci: 12:13pm On Jan 26, 2023
Please this is a screen shot of the tuition of university of regina. My focus is faculty of engineering. Please kindly explain if you understand this document.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by phreedhom(m): 12:22pm On Jan 26, 2023
My colleague at work relocated with her family last year to PEI. She has only postive news about the place and even recommended it to me But unfortunately I was not given admission.

Hope4Naja:
Good day Guys, my junior brother got admission offer letter from Holland College, Price Edward Island. Please what to know about the province, accommodations and jobs opportunities before we will proceed and pay the tuition deposit and apply for study permit. I have asked him to get more clarification regarding the tuition to make things a little bit clear because from their email sent to him they indicated 1000 CAD as tuition deposit.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 12:23pm On Jan 26, 2023
Bamz555:
Good morning house pls I need your advice.
My wife just got admission and we want to proceed with her visa application. sponsor is her uncle, But here are my questions;
1. Is it a good idea to apply along with her by a SOWP. (Initially we intend that she apply alone and after she gets there can apply mine, but on the other hand we thought about the cost implications doing it separately)?
2. How much do you think is ok for the sponsor to send to her acct as part of the sponsorship(as gift deed) it’s an undergraduate program fr 3yrs+ school fees is $18,100.
3. If I am to apply along side her how much do u think we should be looking at?
4. Generally pls what advice and documents do u think is needed for this adventure. We own a company and a logistics business, she has a job but the pay is not so good. No landed properties yet but a car. I need advice so we can get everything right before we start. And pls trying to book upfront medicals appointments and I’m seeing UCI number nd IME number, we don’t have these.
Everyone’s contribution is welcomed pls

1. No, cos she will not have strong home ties that she can claim.
2. No amount is too large, if the sponsor is going to give her gift, it should at least cover 1st year living expenses and miscellaneous and 1 year tuition.
3. living expenses for both of you will be at least $14,000 and her one-year tuition.
4. You can send email to book medicals, the main issue will be writing a strong SOP to show why her uncle will be sponsoring her, I assume they will have different surname names now, that is another issue, so you need to explain why he will be sponsoring her with huge sums of money.
My advice is let her travel first and use you as home tie, this will also reduce the POF she will have to show, once she is settled, you can apply for SOWP.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by phreedhom(m): 12:29pm On Jan 26, 2023
Pls I would like to confirm if visitor visa for a toddler of 2 years also need an introduction letter. The other family members who applied for both study and work permit all got messages in the account for introduction./Poe letter after passport stamping but the baby's letter has not dropped. The account says check message below for details but there was no message attached.

Kindly advise. Is it needed for the baby and if yes, how do we get them to send it

(1) (2) (3) ... (770) (771) (772) (773) (774) (775) (776) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.