Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,110 members, 7,811,125 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:55 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (783) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1212844 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (780) (781) (782) (783) (784) (785) (786) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by doctorfunmi: 11:09pm On Jan 28, 2023
@technix can I please send you a pm? I need someone to help review my sop.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bullstriker: 11:16pm On Jan 28, 2023
Email or web form. In the subject line, use URGENT. It can take time to update since you don't have an active application. So, you want to do it as soon as possible. Alternatively, arriving in late July is acceptable, and you have a valid reason. .
Positiveme2020:

Ok, if I redo the medical how do I send it to IRCC since my application has already been approved already.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by samefiok(m): 12:27am On Jan 29, 2023
Guest911:
yes but only if you're using Form A.

Hmmm okay Bro, Thanks,can someone in for example Germany pay my university of Waterloo tuition fees,you know to skip Form A delay and all
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by samefiok(m): 12:29am On Jan 29, 2023
BenedictStinson:

The school doesn't care at what rate you buy your foreign currency. You are not paying them in naira but their own currency CAD. Normally you will be given a deadline to pay your deposit. If CBN Form A comes through before then, lucky you. If not you would probably have to source black market. IRCC converts your naira in statement of account at official rate though

Thanks 🙏
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Guest911: 12:40am On Jan 29, 2023
samefiok:

Hmmm okay Bro, Thanks,can someone in for example Germany pay my university of Waterloo tuition fees,you know to skip Form A delay and all
of course, via wire transfer.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by FuhadRaheem: 1:46am On Jan 29, 2023
Hello guys, I need help.. I applied for a Canada study permit online since September last year, till today there's no update on my application. Is there anyone experiencing the same thing here? My programme has already started at the school as my studies commenced this January. Although, I've already contacted the school to defer my programme to May 2023.. I need help please, is there anything I'm suppose to do at this stage?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Uzorsammy(m): 1:58am On Jan 29, 2023
Yes, talk about the role you are playing as a manager in ur mothers business and how the course will be useful to grow ur mum's business
samefiok:

Hi, seems Your quite knowledgeable about this,can you answer this do you Think My Study course Msc Leisure & Recreation and me being the manager Of my mom's SME Restaurant,my Study course is closely related with my mom's business where I'm currently employed, is This enough to convince VO about strong home ties
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by samefiok(m): 8:48am On Jan 29, 2023
Guest911:
of course, via wire transfer.

Oh Wow, Thanks bro ,and I'm guessing Wire transfer is Black market rate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by adabsmith(m): 8:48am On Jan 29, 2023
How long does it really take to get an update after doing medicals
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by samefiok(m): 8:56am On Jan 29, 2023
[quote author=Uzorsammy post=120462088]Yes, talk about the role you are playing as a manager in ur mothers business and how the course will be useful to grow ur mum's business [/quote

I See, thanks for the reply, will my mom's (she's my sponsor) 3-4 yrs saved up POF with bank statement to prove the POF was being raised in her company account using the profits of her Restaurant business be valid enough in the VO's Eyes when the question source of funds pops up

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Didito(f): 9:38am On Jan 29, 2023
Hello everyone, I apologize for this long post.

I need opinions on how to go about my study permit application again becos I was rejected on my first application where I made use of a third party as my main sponsor but I wasn't able to prove the relationship, I also made use of my Dad as secondary sponsor but there wasn't a significant amount in his acct then. I was refused based on insufficient funds available, although I already paid my first semester fees and showed proof.

For my second application I want to use my Dad as my sponsor, but the thing is his account currently does not have enough to show proof as of funds and that's y I want to wait for four months to build up the acct b4 applying again.

My question here is if an amount of let's say 25m drops in the acct in February and stays in the acct till may with inflow and outflow high would the 25m be considered as lumpsum?

I would appreciate any feedback I can get.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pace6: 9:54am On Jan 29, 2023
Didito:
Hello everyone, I apologize for this long post.

I need opinions on how to go about my study permit application again becos I was rejected on my first application where I made use of a third party as my main sponsor but I wasn't able to prove the relationship, I also made use of my Dad as secondary sponsor but there wasn't a significant amount in his acct then. I was refused based on insufficient funds available, although I already paid my first semester fees and showed proof.

For my second application I want to use my Dad as my sponsor, but the thing is his account currently does not have enough to show proof as of funds and that's y I want to wait for four months to build up the acct b4 applying again.

My question here is if an amount of let's say 25m drops in the acct in February and stays in the acct till may with inflow and outflow high would the 25m be considered as lumpsum?

I would appreciate any feedback I can get.

Sorry about your refusal.

If 25m drops in the account, now the question will be, how did he get that 25m?

You didn’t state how much is your tuition fee and also program duration.

It will end in praise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by TradeSunMoore: 10:07am On Jan 29, 2023
Pace6:

Sorry about your refusal.

If 25m drops in the account, now the question will be, how did he get that 25m?

You didn’t state how much is your tuition fee and also program duration.

It will end in praise
For a positive outcome try and provide documentary evidence to show the source of the 25M. If property sale show all the transaction documents including agreements, for employment show letter and pay slips for business show all business related documents including CAC and bank references indicating sole signatory or a board resolution.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by House34: 10:51am On Jan 29, 2023
hayoBams:
landing gist!!!
Hey guys,
So my parents, sibling and cousins all followed me to the airport. The drive to the airport was hectic, my flight was actually on Monday and as y’all know Mondays traffic are quite heavy in Lagos. I went with Ethiopian airline and the flight was scheduled to depart by 1 pm but classic Nigerian time we didn’t depart until about 3pm which in turn affected me at Addis Ababa, but I’ll get back to that later in the gist.We left home around 8 am and got to the airport at about 9:30.

There were a total of 6 People with me so we had to bribe with about 3k for all of us to enter. We got to the check-in queue for Ethiopian Airlines which was a bit long but i was finally attended to, pro tip: make sure you weigh your baggage before leaving home to save yourself from headaches and also in as much as you won’t need a power bank in Canada I’d say you should keep one with you cause it might come in handy at the airport. So my bags were finally weighed and I had an extra baggage of which I was supposed to pay 106k but I eventually paid a total of 60k because my uncle was able to speak to the guy at the counter and within 30 minutes I was done.

Saying goodbye to my family at the immigration was the actually the hardest part of the trip because non travelers were not allowed beyond that point. we all cried and said our goodbyes. I manned up and swallowed my tears while reminding myself I’ll see them pretty soon.

As I had said at the beginning of the story, My departure time was 1pm but we didn’t start boarding till around 2:40 and by 3:00pm we had taken off. This was actually my first time traveling by plane so I was very nervous but then I met a very nice lady who was heading to Malawi turns out she came to study in Nigeria UI to be precise and in my mind I was like who leaves their coin to come study in Nigeria lol. We arrived Addis Ababa by 11pm of which we were supposed to land by 9pm and have a layover of 2 hours before boarding the flight to Toronto but due to the delay in Lagos there was no layover, so it was off the flight from Lagos, down to the flight to Toronto.
Finding the boarding gate wasn't hard, but there were a lot of stops before getting to the boarding gate, like I had to pull off my shoe, open my carry-on like 3 times.
The second leg of the trip was longer like 13 hours or so but I entertained myself with some movies. for me I don’t know about others but the food on the plane was wack I was lucky enough to had snuck in pieces of meat onto the flight, this was what sustained me till we finally arrived safely on Tuesday morning 7:45am Toronto time everyone clapped for the pilot because there was a lot of turbulence of which I though was gonna die lol.
As soon as I came down from the flight I followed the signs and quickly rushed down to arrivals, I already did the arrivecan stuff online before leaving Nigeria but the self decoration machine wasn’t acknowledging my passport so I just had to proceed to one of the officials at the counter and she filled a new declaration form for me. Please obey all the instructions you’re given and kindly ask questions on things you don’t understand.
It was my turn to be attended to, the officer was actual looking beautiful so I told her then she smiled she then proceeds to ask for my international passport, my tuition receipt and she printed out my permit, stamped it and handed it over to me then she wished me goodluck, pro tip: try complimenting the officer it really makes the officer feel more comfortable with you.My cousin was already waiting for me at the arrivals and we were able to get a SIM card for me.

Thank you so much to everyone who had contributed to my journey by relentlessly answering my questions.
I’ll be resuming at centennial college this coming January and also it’s cold in Canada oooo make sure you are prepared.

Somebody go tell a female colleague say she is beautiful,she made a report to the HR department ,she say na harassment,l also remember the story of a nigerian doctor that BLOW kisses to a female nurse..There are very many sensitive issues you just can't or may not be sure if you can discuss in canada .Even person gender sef you need to be careful.so that part of compliment the female boarder guard please avoid it inside canada especially at work place ..good luck

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Belinda32: 10:57am On Jan 29, 2023
sojfaith243:
Pls I need contact of someone who can fasttrack my Form A. I need to have my tuition paid latest 26th February. You can reach me on 08065430698. Thank you.
Pls who helped you in fast tracking your FORM A
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Didito(f): 11:01am On Jan 29, 2023
TradeSunMoore:

For a positive outcome try and provide documentary evidence to show the source of the 25M. If property sale show all the transaction documents including agreements, for employment show letter and pay slips for business show all business related documents including CAC and bank references indicating sole signatory or a board resolution.

Thank you for replying. But I still have another question.

My program is a two year program
My tution is 8500 cad per semester, but I was given a conditional offer to make a deposit of 5000cads, but I decided paying the 8500cad
My Dad is a business man, he also has the CAC of the business
Note: that kind of amount has been deposited into the acct sometime last year for business purpose, becos the acct is more or less a business acct (but it's still a savings account). I could also get a reference letter from the bank.
OR
Isit better to break the money into bits like 8m and keep depositing it while the inflow and outflow continues in that way? For this I can try and explain in my LOE in the sense that alot of money is needed in that acct to operate such a business.
What do you think?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by samefiok(m): 11:12am On Jan 29, 2023
hayoBams:
landing gist!!!
Hey guys,
So my parents, sibling and cousins all followed me to the airport. The drive to the airport was hectic, my flight was actually on Monday and as y’all know Mondays traffic are quite heavy in Lagos. I went with Ethiopian airline and the flight was scheduled to depart by 1 pm but classic Nigerian time we didn’t depart until about 3pm which in turn affected me at Addis Ababa, but I’ll get back to that later in the gist.We left home around 8 am and got to the airport at about 9:30.

There were a total of 6 People with me so we had to bribe with about 3k for all of us to enter. We got to the check-in queue for Ethiopian Airlines which was a bit long but i was finally attended to, pro tip: make sure you weigh your baggage before leaving home to save yourself from headaches and also in as much as you won’t need a power bank in Canada I’d say you should keep one with you cause it might come in handy at the airport. So my bags were finally weighed and I had an extra baggage of which I was supposed to pay 106k but I eventually paid a total of 60k because my uncle was able to speak to the guy at the counter and within 30 minutes I was done.

Saying goodbye to my family at the immigration was the actually the hardest part of the trip because non travelers were not allowed beyond that point. we all cried and said our goodbyes. I manned up and swallowed my tears while reminding myself I’ll see them pretty soon.

As I had said at the beginning of the story, My departure time was 1pm but we didn’t start boarding till around 2:40 and by 3:00pm we had taken off. This was actually my first time traveling by plane so I was very nervous but then I met a very nice lady who was heading to Malawi turns out she came to study in Nigeria UI to be precise and in my mind I was like who leaves their coin to come study in Nigeria lol. We arrived Addis Ababa by 11pm of which we were supposed to land by 9pm and have a layover of 2 hours before boarding the flight to Toronto but due to the delay in Lagos there was no layover, so it was off the flight from Lagos, down to the flight to Toronto.
Finding the boarding gate wasn't hard, but there were a lot of stops before getting to the boarding gate, like I had to pull off my shoe, open my carry-on like 3 times.
The second leg of the trip was longer like 13 hours or so but I entertained myself with some movies. for me I don’t know about others but the food on the plane was wack I was lucky enough to had snuck in pieces of meat onto the flight, this was what sustained me till we finally arrived safely on Tuesday morning 7:45am Toronto time everyone clapped for the pilot because there was a lot of turbulence of which I though was gonna die lol.
As soon as I came down from the flight I followed the signs and quickly rushed down to arrivals, I already did the arrivecan stuff online before leaving Nigeria but the self decoration machine wasn’t acknowledging my passport so I just had to proceed to one of the officials at the counter and she filled a new declaration form for me. Please obey all the instructions you’re given and kindly ask questions on things you don’t understand.
It was my turn to be attended to, the officer was actual looking beautiful so I told her then she smiled she then proceeds to ask for my international passport, my tuition receipt and she printed out my permit, stamped it and handed it over to me then she wished me goodluck, pro tip: try complimenting the officer it really makes the officer feel more comfortable with you.My cousin was already waiting for me at the arrivals and we were able to get a SIM card for me.

Thank you so much to everyone who had contributed to my journey by relentlessly answering my questions.
I’ll be resuming at centennial college this coming January and also it’s cold in Canada oooo make sure you are prepared.

Nice One brother, congrats 👏,how much did you spend on Flight Ticket?!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Msveev: 11:31am On Jan 29, 2023
Please who is going to Cambrian college April or May?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by arena07: 11:37am On Jan 29, 2023
Good morning nairalanders, is there anyone schooling in Concordia university? is it possible for a non French speaker to get PR after graduating from the university due to the province?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Xavier70s: 11:39am On Jan 29, 2023
Guest911:
yes but only if you're using Form A.
Please, I need your help, is there any were one can faster track my Form A payment, I applied since December 20
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by freshStarz: 12:12pm On Jan 29, 2023
Hello guys,
Pls If I learn french language, will it help me in my Canadian school visa application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by jenjis05: 12:41pm On Jan 29, 2023
Please I have an inquiry! If someone is currently serving a Uk ban can they get study permit from Canada? Has anyone seen any case like this? Please let me know?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Uzorsammy(m): 12:51pm On Jan 29, 2023
Sha declare the ban on ur visa application and state why u where ban.
jenjis05 sha:
Please I have an inquiry! If someone is currently serving a Uk ban can they get study permit from Canada? Has anyone seen any case like this? Please let me know?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Maychic: 1:28pm On Jan 29, 2023
Will be going February
Msveev:
Please who is going to Cambrian college April or May?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by TradeSunMoore: 1:38pm On Jan 29, 2023
Didito:

Thank you for replying. But I still have another question.

My program is a two year program
My tution is 8500 cad per semester, but I was given a conditional offer to make a deposit of 5000cads, but I decided paying the 8500cad
My Dad is a business man, he also has the CAC of the business
Note: that kind of amount has been deposited into the acct sometime last year for business purpose, becos the acct is more or less a business acct (but it's still a savings account). I could also get a reference it better to break the money into bits like 8m and keep depositing it while the inflow and outflow continues in that way? For this I can try and explain in my LOE in the sense that alot of money is needed in that acct to operate such a business.
What do you think?

Is it a business name account? or a personal saving account?. Either way it is important to document the source of the 25M either in bits of 8M or in bulk. That is the key factor.

You then back this up with a bank reference letter stating your dad is the sole signatory to the account. He should also do a sponsorship letter and notarized affidavit of support.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by TradeSunMoore: 1:44pm On Jan 29, 2023
TradeSunMoore:

Is it a business name account? or a personal saving account?. Either way it is important to document the source of the 25M either in bits of 8M or in bulk. That is the key factor.

You then back this up with a bank reference letter stating your dad is the sole signatory to the account. He should also do a sponsorship letter and notarized affidavit of support.
Back up documentation for any money entering a sponsorship account is key to the VO decision making process.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Zeed13: 1:49pm On Jan 29, 2023
Hello All,
Please my sponsor just transferred my living expenses to me and I have submitted my application.
Do you think I need to make a web form to update them about this.?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by chrisoo(m): 2:16pm On Jan 29, 2023
[quote author=Zeed13 post=120472746]Hello All,
Please my sponsor just transferred my living expenses to me and I have submitted my application.
Do you think I need to make a web form to update them about this.?[/quote

With the Speed of Light, get a Gift Deed to back it up, get updated mybankstatement and forward them via webform like yesterday. Otherwise, you may chop breakfast...God forbid!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by chemicalibk: 2:37pm On Jan 29, 2023
Hello guys
If someone is submitting a study visa as student and want to apply visitors visa for spouse and kids.
Can the applications be submitted as one visa application or will they be a separate visa application
Please comment
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Zeed13: 3:07pm On Jan 29, 2023
?
[quote author=chrisoo post=120473383][/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by AbionaT(f): 3:42pm On Jan 29, 2023
danherb:
It will not work for Form A. The account must be at least 6 months.

The tuition deposit I made last year was from UNITY BANK form A and I opened the account that same month.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by AbionaT(f): 3:46pm On Jan 29, 2023
Mclairity1:
Pls which Marchant bank do you intend using. I am in dying need of a fast form A

Im hoping to use any of their branch, but I will go there first to make enquiry about the form A before proceeding.

(1) (2) (3) ... (780) (781) (782) (783) (784) (785) (786) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.