Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,752 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:27 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (785) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1219631 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (782) (783) (784) (785) (786) (787) (788) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by SLOVFO(m): 10:43am On Jan 30, 2023
Hello friends, do I need a Police Character Certificate for a Canadian student visa application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by MrErudite(m): 10:57am On Jan 30, 2023
SLOVFO:
Hello friends, do I need a Police Character Certificate for a Canadian student visa application?

Yes, you do.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Panasonic101: 11:14am On Jan 30, 2023
SLOVFO:
NO
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 11:18am On Jan 30, 2023
MrErudite:

Yes, you do.

It is not compulsory.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by nannanie10: 11:19am On Jan 30, 2023
Good morning guys.

First application in 2019 - Graduate Certificate Program (Energy Management @ Algonquin College) - refusal reasons: purpose of visit and current employment history.
Second application in 2020 - Master degree (Energy Systems Engineering @ MUN) - refusal reasons: travel history and insufficient funds
Third application in 2020 - Master degree (Energy Systems Engineering @ MUN) -refusal reasons: family ties, purpose of visit and personal assets and financial status.

There was an argument that with this profile, the chance of getting approved is very slim, and that applying again with different program and school (MTEI @ smu) is a waste of time and money.

How true is this submission?
Do anyone ever get approved after multiple refusal?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 11:40am On Jan 30, 2023
nannanie10:
Good morning guys.

First application in 2019 - Graduate Certificate Program (Energy Management @ Algonquin College) - refusal reasons: purpose of visit and current employment history.
Second application in 2020 - Master degree (Energy Systems Engineering @ MUN) - refusal reasons: travel history and insufficient funds
Third application in 2020 - Master degree (Energy Systems Engineering @ MUN) -refusal reasons: family ties, purpose of visit and personal assets and financial status.

There was an argument that with this profile, the chance of getting approved is very slim, and that applying again with different program and school (MTEI @ smu) is a waste of time and money.

How true is this submission?
Do anyone ever get approved after multiple refusal?

Did the person request for GCMS notes for the 3 applications? Then apart from changing programmes what other changes were made to the 2020 applications?
Some people have gotten approval after 4 refusals, I have read someone who was approved after 7 applications. The main thing that will work is to look at the reason for refusal on the notes and tackle them

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CornOak(m): 11:41am On Jan 30, 2023
Kaptainkoko:
Good day admin. Please i need help with this post and i hope someone with experience or vast in subject topic can help me out.
Since June 2021, I d submitted application for student visa at the Canadian embassy. I'd done biometric and also did pay part of my school fees too. But till this moment, all I'm getting is, they are still proccessing my application. Please what does this mean? It's over a year and going to 2 years. Please what can I do ?
I'd written countless letter to them, all they keep saying is, they are working on it.
I need advice please.
Thanks

First, did you use an agent for this application?

Second, student visa applications are submitted online and doesn't require you to visit the Canadian Consulate/Embassy. Can you clarify the bolded?

Third, did you deferred your admission?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ChiomaMC: 11:58am On Jan 30, 2023
Thanks for your response

BenedictStinson:

Since you're using a sponsor he/she can show commitment by
1) paying your complete tution since it's just a one year course
2) transfering your living expenses for a year which is 10000+ Cad and other miscellaneous expenses such as flight and the rest.

If the person does all this plus the letter of sponsorship and his account statement showing it's not his entire savings been used(as that would be unreasonable) then you should be good to go on POF despite your previously empty balance. Then the rest is about sorting hometies and other eligibility issues such as course/career progression

You can also wait for the input of others
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ChiomaMC: 12:01pm On Jan 30, 2023
Please as a single lady with no landed property or anyone at all, no business because I work for an organisation, what can I use as a hometies cos right now, I feel empty.

BenedictStinson:

Since you're using a sponsor he/she can show commitment by
1) paying your complete tution since it's just a one year course
2) transfering your living expenses for a year which is 10000+ Cad and other miscellaneous expenses such as flight and the rest.

If the person does all this plus the letter of sponsorship and his account statement showing it's not his entire savings been used(as that would be unreasonable) then you should be good to go on POF despite your previously empty balance. Then the rest is about sorting hometies and other eligibility issues such as course/career progression

You can also wait for the input of others
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pace6: 12:10pm On Jan 30, 2023
SLOVFO:

No you don’t...

Peace
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by nannanie10: 12:18pm On Jan 30, 2023
Bobomaigida:

Did the person request for GCMS notes for the 3 applications? Then apart from changing programmes what other changes were made to the 2020 applications?
Some people have gotten approval after 4 refusals, I have read someone who was approved after 7 applications. The main thing that will work is to look at the reason for refusal on the notes and tackle them

Thanks for your comments.

Increased the funds in the account.
Provided more work related document, including salary account.

GCMS notes was in line with reasons stated in the refusal letter.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by AbionaT(f): 12:40pm On Jan 30, 2023
Uzorsammy:
What was the reason for ur denial?

@ Uzorsammy
The first was personal asset and financial status

The second denial is purpose of visit
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Debbyoye: 1:17pm On Jan 30, 2023
Hello All,

Please I need help on how to pay for Thompson Rivers University application fee. I tried using my USD debit card but it keeps rejecting it.
Please help!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ahmedio2017(m): 1:45pm On Jan 30, 2023
Please help me to confirm this information
Is it possible to apply for diploma in Canada with only waec result I mean without Degree transcript... Pls is it possible?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Uzorsammy(m): 1:46pm On Jan 30, 2023
I guess you need to work on ur SOP that'why the second application was rejected and don't open a new account
AbionaT:

@ Uzorsammy
The first was personal asset and financial status

The second denial is purpose of visit
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by chithec(f): 1:48pm On Jan 30, 2023
SLOVFO:
I can see some people saying yes and others saying no
The truth is no answer is wrong
I know someone that submitted without it and they sent her a message to upload it
I also know people that got approved without it.

You really can’t predict things like this
To be safe…just do it .

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by BenedictStinson(m): 1:50pm On Jan 30, 2023
ChiomaMC:
Please as a single lady with no landed property or anyone at all, no business because I work for an organisation, what can I use as a hometies cos right now, I feel empty.

It must not be landed properties. You can use family eg ageing parents. Some use jobs or career prospects back home etc. The main issue I believe is usually finance ie you can prove that your tution and living expenses will not be a problem for you.
But please wait for the input of others

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by DFmum: 1:53pm On Jan 30, 2023
Please if one has gotten visa and something came up that she can't travel to commence the stated semester and decided to join the next one, what's the process to follow?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ahmedio2017(m): 1:55pm On Jan 30, 2023
can i use only waec result for diploma course in canada

Please someone should enlighten me
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by SLOVFO(m): 1:57pm On Jan 30, 2023
chithec:

I can see some people saying yes and others saying no
The truth is no answer is wrong
I know someone that submitted without it and they sent her a message to upload it
I also know people that got approved without it.

You really can’t predict things like this
To be safe…just do it .
Thanks for this info.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by SoftdudeKay: 2:01pm On Jan 30, 2023
Please house, what does it mean when IRCC requests for an “updated Letter of Acceptance for the next available semester from the intended Designated Learning Institution or proof of current enrollment. If deferred, provide evidence including new start and end date.” ?

Please, has anyone received this before? And what was the outcome?

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bambi222: 2:05pm On Jan 30, 2023
Hello everyone,
please is it necessary to inform the IRCC of a deferral or is it just between the school and i?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ChiomaMC: 2:09pm On Jan 30, 2023
I appreciate, thanks
BenedictStinson:

It must not be landed properties. You can use family eg ageing parents. Some use jobs or career prospects back home etc. The main issue I believe is usually finance ie you can prove that your tution and living expenses will not be a problem for you.
But please wait for the input of others
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ChiomaMC: 2:43pm On Jan 30, 2023
Congratulations dear.
Please for a start, I have the same program with you. What are the things you submitted? How long did you wait. My studies begin September and I'm yet to start the application. I don't even know how to start. Can I contact you?
blkomo:
Hi NL,

It’s PPR…

I am writing this to contribute my bit because I actually got some knowledge from this trend.

I received my PPR on the last week after months of waiting. Below are my timeline and some details:

I submitted my application on the 10th September 2022 and did my biometrics on the 14th of September 2022.

I did upfront medicals and it was updated 19th of October after sending webforms to Nairobi.

After that the wait started.

When my application was exactly 12weeks old I started sending countless webforms to Nairobi and IRCC canada but no positive response was received.

I had to request GCMS notes on 16th November 2022 but still haven’t received it.

I later used a friend to contact an MP who then contacted IRCC on my behalf and they got back saying that my eligibility had started and that every other things is in order. Advising me to wait for them to update me.

I noticed that the day my eligibility started was the day the MP got back to my friend with the update.

2 weeks after my eligibility started I received my PPR.

My program is 8months and it is a Post Graduate Certificate program.

In other to contribute back to NL, I am willing to assist anyone with their admissions and questions if need be.

PS: I did my application myself and backed it with prayers and follows up
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 2:47pm On Jan 30, 2023
nannanie10:

Thanks for your comments.

Increased the funds in the account.
Provided more work related document, including salary account.

GCMS notes was in line with reasons stated in the refusal letter.

I think he should work on his SOP cos the last application rejection was based on family ties, purpose of visit and POF, I will advise he works on his ties to his home country, look at the course he is trying to study to see if it aligns with his career. Then looks at the POF build up. If he has the funds he can seek professional help especially with drafting the SOP.
You can also post the GCMS notes here to get more input from the house.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by BenedictStinson(m): 2:55pm On Jan 30, 2023
SoftdudeKay:
Please house, what does it mean when IRCC requests for an “updated Letter of Acceptance for the next available semester from the intended Designated Learning Institution or proof of current enrollment. If deferred, provide evidence including new start and end date.” ?

Please, has anyone received this before? And what was the outcome?

Thanks in anticipation.
You are probably using an admission letter for a semester that has already begun eg January 2023 or September 2022 and IRCC feels you can no longer meet up with the current academic schedule

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Republic001: 2:57pm On Jan 30, 2023
Pls can one apply visa for a Graduate Certificate program of one year with a Co-op
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Uzorsammy(m): 2:59pm On Jan 30, 2023
Don't u have family members or use the organisation you are workings as home ties
ChiomaMC:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ahmedio2017(m): 2:59pm On Jan 30, 2023
ahmedio2017:
can i use only waec result for diploma course in canada

Please someone should enlighten me

Pls this is urgent, I need information base on this
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Uzorsammy(m): 2:59pm On Jan 30, 2023
Yes
Republic001:
Pls can one apply visa for a Graduate Certificate program of one year with a Co-op
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ahmedio2017(m): 3:01pm On Jan 30, 2023
ahmedio2017:
Please help me to confirm this information
Is it possible to apply for diploma in Canada with only waec result I mean without Degree transcript... Pls is it possible?

Pls is it possible?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by MiracleOnyeji: 3:08pm On Jan 30, 2023
Hello guys please how can i can apply for medicals for Canada , and also please a link to the webpage will be helpful, and also where exactly in lagos can i get a passport photograph for the study permit application

(1) (2) (3) ... (782) (783) (784) (785) (786) (787) (788) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: SteveElo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.