Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,739 members, 7,817,037 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:12 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (786) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1220021 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (783) (784) (785) (786) (787) (788) (789) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Tejaisco(f): 3:12pm On Jan 30, 2023
ahmedio2017:

Pls is it possible?
Yes it’s possible...it was what I used when I applied for norquest college,MCewan university and Mount Royal university last year and I was given admission
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bambi222: 3:13pm On Jan 30, 2023
MiracleOnyeji:
Hello guys please how can i can apply for medicals for Canada , and also please a link to the webpage will be helpful, and also where exactly in lagos can i get a passport photograph for the study permit application

IOM ikeja or Qlife
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bambi222: 3:13pm On Jan 30, 2023
MiracleOnyeji:
Hello guys please how can i can apply for medicals for Canada , and also please a link to the webpage will be helpful, and also where exactly in lagos can i get a passport photograph for the study permit application

https://mymedical.iom.int/apps/omas/#_frmHome
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Army2022: 3:17pm On Jan 30, 2023
It means you should send your new letter of acceptance to them through webform.
They requested for this because your school has resumed, according to the date on the acceptance letter you submitted.
I hope you've already deffered your admission? If you haven't, do it asap and send the new LOA your school will send to you to Ircc via webform.
You'll get your PPR, Congratulations in advance.
SoftdudeKay
post=120499357:

Please house, what does it mean when IRCC requests for an “updated Letter of Acceptance for the next available semester from the intended Designated Learning Institution or proof of current enrollment. If deferred, provide evidence including new start and end date.” ?

Please, has anyone received this before? And what was the outcome?

Thanks in anticipation.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ahmedio2017(m): 3:36pm On Jan 30, 2023
Tejaisco:

Yes it’s possible...it was what I used when I applied for norquest college,MCewan university and Mount Royal university last year and I was given admission

Thanks so much I really appreciate this info, I didn't trust that my agent before ni when he said he can apply for diploma for me with just my waec certificate where as I have my degree transcript. He said I don't need to apply with my transcript
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ahmedio2017(m): 3:57pm On Jan 30, 2023
Tejaisco:

Wow you mean three of them offer u admission
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by BenedictStinson(m): 4:18pm On Jan 30, 2023
ahmedio2017:

Thanks so much I really appreciate this info, I didn't trust that my agent before ni when he said he can apply for diploma for me with just my waec certificate where as I have my degree transcript. He said I don't need to apply with my transcript
Why are you using waec if you already have b.sc
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Jiggsbaby: 4:21pm On Jan 30, 2023
hello guys
please i submitted my application on 9th of january and i did an upfront medicals which i uploaded before submitting my application and i didnt know exactly when my eligbiity review started but i checked and saw it and i also saw i had another medical request to submit my medicals again on the 26th of january and i just sent it through a webform stating that i have submitted previously but i was asked to submit again.... please is this a good sign?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by enemerci: 4:30pm On Jan 30, 2023
Please for those already in canada. Can a family of 4 ( father, mother, daughter5yrs and son 3yrs) rent a one bedroom apartment. Is there a law that governs these things
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by TradeSunMoore: 4:42pm On Jan 30, 2023
Jiggsbaby:
hello guys
please i submitted my application on 9th of january and i did an upfront medicals which i uploaded before submitting my application and i didnt know exactly when my eligbiity review started but i checked and saw it and i also saw i had another medical request to submit my medicals again on the 26th of january and i just sent it through a webform stating that i have submitted previously but i was asked to submit again.... please is this a good sign?

Excellent news. You are the way to PPR. When did you do the Medicals?. Because it has a expiry of 1yrs. Otherwise try responding via email to the multiple ircc offices email and web form. Congratulations in advance
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by blkomo: 4:44pm On Jan 30, 2023
ChiomaMC:
Congratulations dear.
Please for a start, I have the same program with you. What are the things you submitted? How long did you wait. My studies begin September and I'm yet to start the application. I don't even know how to start. Can I contact you?

Thanks. You can send me a WhatsApp message 0909 839 8283

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Jiggsbaby: 4:45pm On Jan 30, 2023
TradeSunMoore:

Excellent news. You are the way to PPR. When did you do the Medicals?. Because it has a expiry of 1yrs. Otherwise try responding via email to the multiple ircc offices email and web form. Congratulations in advance

my medicals was on the 5th i submitted on the 9th
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ahmedio2017(m): 4:47pm On Jan 30, 2023
BenedictStinson:

Why are you using waec if you already have b.sc

Because of wahala of transcript and reference letters.
Also I had 2.2
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by chiboy2023: 4:49pm On Jan 30, 2023
Quick question please, will an 18-month-old baby need to do medicals as an accompanying dependent for a study permit? Trying to book upfront medicals for my wife and me, and we have a child of 18 months.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ChiomaMC: 4:51pm On Jan 30, 2023
I have family members, and as for the organisation I'm working with, it's totally different from my course. I studied Plant Science in my bachelors and now working as an IT service Desk in a microfinance bank, because of my computer skills though. But the course I'm going for in Canada is Sustainable Agriculture. I'm just confused on how to explain this on my SOP
and I can't link it with my current job role.
How do I do this?
Uzorsammy:
Don't u have family members or use the organisation you are workings as home ties
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Tejaisco(f): 4:51pm On Jan 30, 2023
ahmedio2017:

Wow you mean three of them offer u admission
Norquest and MT Royal gave me. I didn’t meet requirements for MCewan
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by TradeSunMoore: 4:58pm On Jan 30, 2023
TradeSunMoore:

Then try and resend. You can get the email of the different IRCC offices somewhere on this thread.
Jiggsbaby:

my medicals was on the 5th i submitted on the 9th
Then try and resend. You can get the email of the different IRCC offices somewhere on this thread.

To be double sure Also contact the medical provider to ensure they have send the result to IRCC
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ahmedio2017(m): 5:26pm On Jan 30, 2023
Tejaisco:

Norquest and MT Royal gave me. I didn’t meet requirements for MCewan

Wow congrats bro
U now used the admission to process your visa right?
Do you think I should also go in for that?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by HopefulSuccess: 5:32pm On Jan 30, 2023
Have you ordered your GCMS or CBSA note? Do you add URGENT and your application timeline to the subject and body of your email?
matthew080:
Please help me oo
My app is six MTHS now
After after over bombing them with mails they replied that it's still under processing,.
What can I do like this again
Will this thing not take 1 years like this
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Doxi1: 5:41pm On Jan 30, 2023
Please can anyone suggest a good school that offers biochemistry, and very affordable
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Legitmenaija: 5:51pm On Jan 30, 2023
PLEASE RESPOND.

Hello everyone, i want to pay my tuition deposit and i would love to use Form A but scared of the delays.
Does anyone know how i can get them to expedite the process?

Or is it better i get my relative that is resident in Canada to pay the deposit for me?

Or i should open a dollar account, fund it with the tuition deposit and pay with master/visa card (this is faster i guess)?

Please kindly advice.

Lastly is it okay for the tuition deposit to be sent to my account or it should remain in my sponsor's account?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by geotherm: 6:07pm On Jan 30, 2023
My Sister got a refusal letter: I have applied for GCMS. Two reasons:
1. Financial status and Asset: she paid half of the tuition $10k and showed statement of account N3.5m. I guess these are not enough. For assets she showed landed asset with no valuation.
2. Family ties in Canada stronger than that of Nigeria: Her husband and son are not coming with her, so what other family ties. Yes she has 3 brothers and a sister in Canada.
Application Date 17th February, upfront medical, new portal, Nairobi visa office, refusal letter today.
I need suggestions while I wait for her GCMS.

If you remember the message above posted in May 2022. Thanks for the support from this forum gurus we got GCMS and applied second time timeline:

1st Application Feb 12, denied May 30.
2nd Application Oct 3 2022 Medical Passed Jan 17 2023, eligibility review same day. Original Passport request and BVL Jan 26 2023.

Thanks family. I wish all of you best in your pursuit for Canadian dream

16 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Eric123455(m): 6:13pm On Jan 30, 2023
Memorial University of Newfoundland
quinstershaw:
Anyone awaiting admission decision from Concordia University or Newfoundland??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 6:17pm On Jan 30, 2023
geotherm:
1. Financial status and Asset: she paid half of the tuition $10k and showed statement of account N3.5m. I guess these are not enough. For assets she showed landed asset with no valuation.
2. Family ties in Canada stronger than that of Nigeria: Her husband and son are not coming with her, so what other family ties. Yes she has 3 brothers and a sister in Canada.
Application Date 17th February, upfront medical, new portal, Nairobi visa office, refusal letter today.

If you remember the message above posted in May 2022. Thanks for the support from this forum gurus we got GCMS and applied second time timeline:

2nd Application Oct 3 2022 Medical Passed Jan 17 2023, eligibility review same day. Original Passport request and BVL Jan 26 2023.

Congratulations Geothem, so what did you do differently in the second application?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by JCrystal: 6:22pm On Jan 30, 2023
Congratulations to your sister!!
What did she do different in the new application if you don’t mind mentioning regarding the funds?

geotherm:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 6:26pm On Jan 30, 2023
Legitmenaija:
PLEASE RESPOND.

Hello everyone, i want to pay my tuition deposit and i would love to use Form A but scared of the delays.
Does anyone know how i can get them to expedite the process?

Or is it better i get my relative that is resident in Canada to pay the deposit for me?

Or i should open a dollar account, fund it with the tuition deposit and pay with master/visa card (this is faster i guess)?

Please kindly advice.

Lastly is it okay for the tuition deposit to be sent to my account or it should remain in my sponsor's account?

Your relative can help you if the cost implication is affordable to you.

Option 2 depends on how quick your bank can open the account and you source for USD to pay into the account - This is expensive but fast.

if you can adequately demonstrate your relationship with the sponsor and his/her sources of income then no need to send the money to you, on the other hand the funds can be sent to you, but you will do a gift deed and explain the lump exhaustively.

I will suggest you get your relative to help with the deposit.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by aestake: 6:36pm On Jan 30, 2023
Hello All,
Does this attached file mean that the pp ready for collection truly @ VSF Lagos? No sms and we didn't give shishi.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by geotherm: 6:38pm On Jan 30, 2023
JCrystal:
Congratulations to your sister!!
What did she do different in the new application if you don’t mind mentioning regarding the funds?

1. In the first application she paid a deposit of 10k CAD half of her tuition and showed #3 million naira tuition.
2. In this application one of our brother in Nigeria deposited into her account #6 million and gave her a deed of gift and a support letter of sponsorship.
3. Then we added pictures of her husband and son (Family pictures to the application.
4. A strong support letter from employer
5. We addressed each of the comment raised from the GCMS into two sections: Personal Asset (Landed properties from her and her husband, Secured job, Financial status ( 36k CAD including deed of gift and tuition deposit). Family Ties (her husband and son)

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Army2022: 6:42pm On Jan 30, 2023
It's PPR!!!
God did it 🙌.
First time application, DIY.
My imperfect application Choi!! (I was planning to do better when I reapply, I was kinda trying to prepare myself mentally for rejection. Acknowledging my application was imperfect, it wasn't easy though).

....I type and clean, write... and clean it.
I don't know what to say oooo.
Just, God did it!

Applied: 11 Oct 2022
Biometrics done: 14 Oct 2022
Medical: 26 Oct 2022 (submit medical sheet via webform 16 November and was updated to passed same day).

On 16th January 2023 I got an email Was asked to resubmit all my documents and data, all my info including name, address etc( I wan craze).
24 January 2023 I submitted and did everything they requested.

Correspondence and PPR landed this evening 30 January 2023!

Thank you Johnstan and some other people that encouraged me when the delay was affecting my mental health.
Thank you to everyone that contributes here.
It ended in praise, thank you Jesus.

May God grant everyone PPR in Jesus name Amen.

24 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by chithec(f): 7:07pm On Jan 30, 2023
Army2022:
It's PPR!!!
God did it 🙌.
My imperfect application Choi!! (I was planning to do better when I reapply, I was kinda trying to prepare myself mentally for rejection. Acknowledging my application was imperfect, it wasn't easy though).

Just, God did it!

Medical: 26 Oct 2022 (submit medical sheet via webform 16 November and was updated to passed same day).

On 16th January 2023 I got an email Was asked to resubmit all my documents and data, all my info including name, address etc( I wan craze).

Thank you Johnstan and some other people that encouraged me when the delay was affecting my mental health.

Congrats

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Legitmenaija: 7:27pm On Jan 30, 2023
Army2022:
It's PPR!!!
God did it 🙌.

Just, God did it!

Congratulations. I celebrate with you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Legitmenaija: 7:28pm On Jan 30, 2023
geotherm:

1. In the first application she paid a deposit of 10k CAD half of her tuition and showed #3 million naira tuition.
2. In this application one of our brother in Nigeria deposited into her account #6 million and gave her a deed of gift and a support letter of sponsorship.
3. Then we added pictures of her husband and son (Family pictures to the application.
4. A strong support letter from employer
5. We addressed each of the comment raised from the GCMS into two sections: Personal Asset (Landed properties from her and her husband, Secured job, Financial status ( 36k CAD including deed of gift and tuition deposit). Family Ties (her husband and son)

Congratulations to your sister.

Please can i see a sample of deed of gift?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (783) (784) (785) (786) (787) (788) (789) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.